It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occultism is not Satanism

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

"He raised himself from death, proclaimed his right to the sit on the right hand of God, and over 500 eyewitnesses to his appearance after death."

"I'm aware of the literal interpretations of the teachings, but I find them ridiculous. Why the right hand of God and not the left? Without going into mystical or occult symbolism, what is the significance? Do you ever stop to think about any of this stuff?"

I will tell you my interpretation of "why the right hand of God and not the left"

Several years ago I was reading one of Campbell"s books on mythology. There was a goddess (don't remember which one) who carried a grain of wheat in her right hand and a sword in her left. I remembered the original word for left...it is sinister. The sword was in her left hand (not His left hand, hers) but this is a very ancient understanding that has been lost today. Could that be why the authors of the gospels said Jesus was at the right hand of God? Was it common knowledge at that time?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
post off topic you are speaking of occult knowledge;

similar to catholic hyms of jesus being the fruit of the womb of mary.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

"He raised himself from death, proclaimed his right to the sit on the right hand of God, and over 500 eyewitnesses to his appearance after death."
]reply to post by tgambill

May I respectfully suggest that you read something about the history of the Bible. The King James version, as are all versions following it, nothing but a portion of the Catholic Bible, a selection of teachings the Holy Roman empire saw fit for the people to understand. All other teachings, even those claimed to be from Jesus, were either hidden or destroyed. You have before you some of the teachings of an empior that was not so holy or rightous. A man, Constantine, who wanted to rule the world and never even claimed to be a christian until his deathbed. This, to me at least, speaks to the 'god of this world' being in control of what the masses now claim as true and holy.

replaced 'code' with quote - stretching page

[edit on 26/12/08 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

After John finished the Revelation the last few verses are specific about changing the Words or taking some away.

I believe this refers to Revelations and revelations only. Revelations was not written as part of any bible.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgambill
"Why is it that these people who can only quote verses from the bible, never express their own thoughts or ideas?"

****Because Satan influences and inspires thoughts and feelings when one does not have the power of the Holy Spirit in them.

This must be the crux of this man's philosophy.

Aleister Crowley once said he was party to the snake (referring to the Garden of Eden), in that he would pursue knowledge and eat of the tree, no matter what the cost. I'm on the same boat.

I gladly join Satan's ranks if it means I can use my own brain to think for myself, thank you.

And if I were in Satan's position, I would have surely rebelled too.

I must be a demon at heart. Occult, forbidden knowledge is my life-blood, and I despise a self-righteous, sexist and logically inconsistent god.

Thank you for leading me to my truth, tgambill.

[edit on 25-12-2008 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
"Aleister Crowley once said he was party to the snake (referring to the Garden of Eden), in that he would pursue knowledge and eat of the tree, no matter what the cost. I'm on the same boat."

******He is satanic......the cost is an eternity in Hell. We have only two choices that God gives us. An eternity is the punishment that is consistent to those that do not follow with the creators commandments.

"I gladly join Satan's ranks if it means I can use my own brain to think for myself, thank you."

******That is the big lie. You won't be using your brain to think for yourself, as the horror and separation from God will be eternal torment, and no thinking is required for that........

"And if I were in Satan's position, I would have surely rebelled too."

*****Sure, and that is why he will be thrown in the lake of fire when all is said and done. So, for Satan, his followers and the Angels that rebelled with him,....if you can imagine taking the hottest shower that is possible with boiling water for an eternity worth it, its your choice........your body will be rejoined with your soul on judgment day at the Great White Throne, and instantly, it will be made immortal with the ability to feel.....but not die. I would advise a reconsideration of that eternal life. Its not fear mongering its warning of the results following Satan.

"I must be a demon at heart. Occult, forbidden knowledge is my life-blood, and I despise a self-righteous, sexist and logically inconsistent god."

****No, you are not a demon at heart. we all have that choice and the demons are active. Its our free will that determines who wins and with The help of the Holy Spirit we can have a life of unbelievable joy and filled with forgiveness.........to amazing adventures in Heaven.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

You won't be using your brain to think for yourself, as the horror and separation from God will be eternal torment, and no thinking is required for that........

So when does that kick in? When I die? Because so far I have been thinking for myself, completely rejecting your religion, and only found happiness from it.

I'll just wait until I die and see what happens.

Its not fear mongering its warning of the results following Satan.

And I'm sure that you really believe that, but can you prove it with something other than the Bible? Because I don't believe the Bible is anything but a book of superstitious mythology by your literal interpretation, so using it to "prove" something to me won't work.

Its our free will that determines who wins

Well then now you know who has my soul.

Seriously, if any god would punish me so extremely for my beliefs, that god isn't worth believing in anyway. Sounds like a complete jerk to me. Kind of like the people who actually translated and edited the book you worship, who killed so many people despite their own commandments.

And I very much enjoy reading Aleister Crowley. I find him to be a very deep, intelligent man. I know what his public image was like. I know he also didn't believe in Satan, but you'll just tell me that's part of Satan's deception and this and that, I know, I know. I've heard it all before.

Btw, I actually considered myself Christian until I was about 12, and started getting more into this stuff. That's when I was first exposed to your type of tripe, and I immediately saw through it, rejected it, and have been doing so ever since. The reasoning is arbitrary, circular, etc., and if god really wanted people to know this stuff he wouldn't make it so damned illogical. Unless the kind of logic that proves 2 + 2 is 4 is also Satanic then I just don't get it and I don't think I ever will. If the logical absurdities are a "test of faith," then I fail, end of story, because I have no faith in anything other than solid reasoning and logic. Period. Blame god for that, he's the one that gave me this brain. To me, you think inside of a locked box and the key has been thrown away.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I just want to ask, tgambill,

Do you have any idea how useless it is to tell me god wants me to do this or that, or that Satan will do this or that, when I don't believe in either of them?

Maybe you should put some energy into trying to prove either of them exist, before you preach your personal interpretation of the Bible to someone.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Sorry, any scholar of Biblical truth can debunk virtually 100% of what you wrote. Its old stuff that atheist, or other anti-Jesus activist use. You are not correct in most all you wrote even on a basic level.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I don't have to prove it. I just have to plant the seed of the thought. The Holy Spirit will do the rest in time. There is a great shaking coming that will spur a revival unmatched in the history of mankind. It will start slow then one event after the other speed up........

Its not useless to witness to you......you will remember in due time.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
He gave you the brain and the free will to use it. Its all in your hands to accept or reject. Its not Gods fault what you choose its yours if you fall for Satans deceptions.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Sorry, any scholar of Biblical truth can debunk virtually 100% of what you wrote.

This coming from someone who calls science "bunk."

I really, really don't doubt it. With the Bible, and given enough blind faith, you can prove or debunk anything. That's the whole problem.

I'm done arguing with you. Go believe what you want. You do a good job of reminding me why I rejected Christianity in the first place. You might as well be preaching Greek mythology as far as I am concerned. I'm done.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

If you don't know that Satan also exists, then you must think that God is a liar. The Bible clearly talks about the dragon, Satan, Lucifer, and many other names of Satan and his demons. Not believing doesn't make Satan disappear......

No, I never have ever thought God was a liar. But those in charge of the church sure want you to believe in Satan. If we didn`t believe it, what power would they hold over us then? Although much of the Bible can be seen as fact, there is just as much of it that is not fact. You even have said this. That they have changed much of it for their benefit.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Please don`t back down. That`s what he wants. He talks about sowing the seeds, well, what if he is wrong, and the seeds he sows are false seeds? Just because someone likes to quote the Bible, doesn`t make them right.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

He gave you the brain and the free will to use it. Its all in your hands to accept or reject. Its not Gods fault what you choose its yours if you fall for Satans deceptions.

Yes, God did give us free will. And I for one I reject the concept of a Satan. But, even more, it may just be, you are spreading the word of Satan. You could be a pawn in all of this for having fallen for the churches story.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I find this quote very interesting.

"That is the big lie. You won't be using your brain to think for yourself, as the horror and separation from God will be eternal torment, and no thinking is required for that........"

You say, "as the horror and seperation from God will be eternal torment."
Now, what happened to the loving, caring God, who wants all of his flock to come home? Did he get replaced by another hate filled God? Now this sounds like the Satan you speak of.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Good topic SkyFloating. I actually just made a thread the other night that aimed to bring this sort of thing to light but focused more on what we can do about it.

I work with a friend who is christian and he insists the occult is evil and that some things shouldn't be questioned - they are the works of evil.

This is horrible how one can be kept in the dark and dis-empowered like that, out of fear.

I don't know what he would think if I mentioned the pineal gland reference - pine cone statue in the Vatican as well as other references to the bible and the old christians and their "occult" practices. I can't remember the source but i think David Wilcock was talking about how the old christian priests used to meditate.

You can almost trace the manipulation back in time.

Let's not forget "witch" means "wise one". So we should condemn the wise?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
Good topic SkyFloating. I actually just made a thread the other night that aimed to bring this sort of thing to light but focused more on what we can do about it.

I work with a friend who is christian and he insists the occult is evil and that some things shouldn't be questioned - they are the works of evil.

This is horrible how one can be kept in the dark and dis-empowered like that, out of fear.

I don't know what he would think if I mentioned the pineal gland reference - pine cone statue in the Vatican as well as other references to the bible and the old christians and their "occult" practices. I can't remember the source but i think David Wilcock was talking about how the old christian priests used to meditate.

You can almost trace the manipulation back in time.

Let's not forget "witch" means "wise one". So we should condemn the wise?

Good point about the pineal gland and pine cone Caveman. Big church symbols. I`ve read all of Wilcocks work, very interesting things he talks about.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
He is a just and loving God with reward for those that follow his commandments and punishment for those that disobey his commandments and ignore the sacrifice he made of his only begotten son.....who died for our sins and rose again in order that we may live. The Bible is specific. about his wrath and justice.......he sets the punishment not us.

www.christianwhirledview.com...

www.1way2god.net...

www.specialtyinterests.net...

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
"Yes, God did give us free will. And I for one I reject the concept of a Satan. But, even more, it may just be, you are spreading the word of Satan. You could be a pawn in all of this for having fallen for the churches story."

******Free will is not what you declare it to be. Free will is given so that you can chose to follow Jesus or follow Satan. Jesus said himself, you cannot serve two masters. You will love one and hate the other. Accepting or rejecting the existence of Satan is not included in free will. If you don't know the truth, you will not know the tricks that Satan will use to lure you away from truth, the truth that Jesus is the only way to God. Not Mary, not beads, not saints nor good works. Only by accepting Jesus as personal savior....alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join