It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occultism is not Satanism

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GRANDWORLDDRAMA
occultism is a doorway to satanism
smoking pot isnt doing heroin
but for some people they start smoking pot and end
up doing heroin its a slippery slope

That's like saying walking across the road is the gateway that leads to getting ran over by a car.

You seem to have very little faith in humanity.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Fundamentalists are not suppose to have faith in anything but the Bible. That`s been a known fact for many many years. They are not suppose to think about their fellow man, because when one thinks, it opens the mind, and Satan my enter.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux

Fundamentalists are not suppose to have faith in anything but the Bible. That`s been a known fact for many many years. They are not suppose to think about their fellow man, because when one thinks, it opens the mind, and Satan my enter.

Well, if they actually followed the bible fundamentally they would "love thy neighbor as thyself".

It's like KRS-One said...

"What do you accept in your life?
Christianity? Or the Teachings of Christ?
Make up your mind, their not the same thing
In 2009, the blind lead the blind,
They can't show you what God is,
Because they haven't found.

First put down the Bible and release your sins
The bible is dead, God is Alive, Within
Metaphysically speaking, I'll be clearer
You wanna see God? Take a Look in the Mirror!"

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
"What do you accept in your life?
Christianity? Or the Teachings of Christ?

*******Don't believe in religion as its used to control and mislead by the Roman Catholic dogma, evangelical control etc......Jesus did not bring religon he brought salvation.

"First put down the Bible and release your sins
The bible is dead"

*****Satan would l ove this. The Bible is alive and the Holy Spirit teaches you. The Bible helps to distinguish Satans voice from the Holy Spirit. We as humans cannot release our sins, only Jesus Christ has that power.

"God is Alive, Within Metaphysically speaking, I'll be clearer

****God within us, is a lie brought to us by the New Age Movement. The NAM, is tenant for tenant exactly, Nazism in another name. Clever coverup. God is not within us unless we have taken Jesus Christ as our savior.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The only errors are mistranlations of numbers or misplaced punct. There are no contradictions of fact. The book is the true word of God and when I talk error free I am not talking about errors of numbers, etc......All of the alleged contradictions are made by enemies of the Bible that have no clue of the messages in the Bible and purposes of the events that happened.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgambill

"God is Alive, Within Metaphysically speaking, I'll be clearer

****God within us, is a lie brought to us by the New Age Movement. The NAM, is tenant for tenant exactly, Nazism in another name. Clever coverup. God is not within us unless we have taken Jesus Christ as our savior.

Oh so is that why Jesus says this in Luke?

neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Yeah... sure this was brought about by the New Age Movement....

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

There are errors of all shapes and sizes - but it doesn't matter because you said there were NO errors.
The belief that the Bible is inerrant is the belief that the Bible has NO errors no matter how great or small they are.
The KJV, like all the rest, is NOT inerrant.
It's just not...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox

There are errors of all shapes and sizes - but it doesn't matter because you said there were NO errors.
The belief that the Bible is inerrant is the belief that the Bible has NO errors no matter how great or small they are.
The KJV, like all the rest, is NOT inerrant.
It's just not...

Well, it can be neither inerrant nor full of holes, as it is not a scientific discourse. It is a collection of writings over time, each representative of an individuals perception of something.

If you don't know the history of each of the authors, then you won't really know what you are reading.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Which is what I'm saying - it's not inerrant, as one source which came from God.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

"Don't believe in religion as its used to control and mislead by the Roman Catholic dogma, evangelical control etc......Jesus did not bring religon he brought salvation."

So if we are to think like this, then we should not believe what you say then. They want nothing more then to have all humanity locked into their way of thinking, and that is the Bible will do all the thinking for you, that you will ever need. Hummm, sounds just like what you want us to believe tgambill. They want all humanity to be afraid of their own shadows, for fear that shadow is Satan following them. Then they will have to turn to them to be saved. You don`t use fear to convert people, you use truth.

"Satan would l ove this. The Bible is alive and the Holy Spirit teaches you. The Bible helps to distinguish Satans voice from the Holy Spirit. We as humans cannot release our sins, only Jesus Christ has that power."

Ohhhh, we can`t do something Jesus said we should do, forgive(release) our own sins? Really? Sounds like you don`t even believe what Christ tried to teach the people.

"God within us, is a lie brought to us by the New Age Movement. The NAM, is tenant for tenant exactly, Nazism in another name. Clever coverup. God is not within us unless we have taken Jesus Christ as our savior.'

Wow, that must mean your dead inside then, no life energy at all. God gave us this life energy, life force if you will, we ARE a living part of the creator. It is that spirit, life force or soul that we have within each of us. And you make it all sound like it`s evil to even think that we have God within us. Maybe you SHOULD look in the mirror. I don`t deny God the way you do tgambill. To believe that the creator doesn`t exist in us, is to deny him, that in itself is evil.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox

Which is what I'm saying - it's not inerrant, as one source which came from God.

Agreed, it is neither inerrant, nor full of contradictions. It is a collection of individual works.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yes....all were inspired by God, those that were with Jesus and later the Holy Spirit. It was written over a period of 1,600 years, by 40 different authors making 66 different books that are all linked and comprise a history and prophesy of what is to happen to mankind and the universe.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
And to think, there are books that have not been seen as of yet. Imagine how some of these may tie together loose ends of many Bible stories.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Most all of the gnostics and current versions of the Biblical stories will most certainly be false. The effort to discredit the truth has only begun. I can promise you that God will make himself known. The times of the terrible tribulations will not be denied. Right now we have the luxury of discussing, arguing, and debating but soon that will cease.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
"so if we are to think like this, then we should not believe what you say then."

******The Bible they are trying to change themselves and in the Catholic church the clergy teaches the good catholic that only the Clergy can read the Bible and interpret. I stay within the boundaries of the Bible as this is the measure of Gods word and all other that contradicts this book is manmade and errant.

"They want nothing more then to have all humanity locked into their way of thinking, and that is the Bible will do all the thinking for you, that you will ever need. Hummm, sounds just like what you want us to believe tgambill."

*****Actually they are interpreting the Bible just for that reason and know how to manipulate the words to control. The Bible, King James only, is the true word of God. This is the reason for the follow-on rewrites and other interpretations.

"They want all humanity to be afraid of their own shadows, for fear that shadow is Satan following them. Then they will have to turn to them to be saved. You don`t use fear to convert people, you use truth."

*********Not at all. They tell that I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me; Philippians 4:13. Ever hear of the Lords Prayer? "lo though I walk in the shadow of death, I will fear no evil". The Holy Spirit does not teach fear at all.

"Ohhhh, we can`t do something Jesus said we should do, forgive(release) our own sins? Really? Sounds like you don`t even believe what Christ tried to teach the people."

******Don't know where you got this one from. A good example of not knowing what you are speaking of. "and forgive us our sins, just as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us. (TLB, Matthew 6:12)". It does not anywhere say we can forgive our own sins, but for us individually to forgive those that done us wrong. We cannot give salvation, but we are told not to hold a grudge.

"Wow, that must mean your dead inside then, no life energy at all. God gave us this life energy, life force if you will, we ARE a living part of the creator. It is that spirit, life force or soul that we have within each of us."

******We have three parts to us. Our bodies which is what Jesus had. Our soul and our spirit. Our sin separates our spirit from God. Our spirit is dead but our soul is not. Once we accept in our spirit to accept Jesus, our spirit is awakened and then becomes part of the body of Jesus Christ and since Jesus is God, of God.

"And you make it all sound like it`s evil to even think that we have God within us. Maybe you SHOULD look in the mirror. I don`t deny God the way you do tgambill. To believe that the creator doesn`t exist in us, is to deny him, that in itself is evil."

*****The creator exists in us through the Holy Spirit. We have to invite him in and repent of sins.

John 14:1: Jesus said:
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Luke 17:20: Jesus said:

The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

you tread on a thin line......to have God within us we have to believe in Jesus Christ and accept him as savior.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The New Age movement teaches this christ consciouness. They have their own spin and its clever. You cannot take just one verse in context without the others. God is only within us when we repent and take Jesus as Savior NAM, teaches that we are all God, or God is within each of us, which is not true unless we accept Jesus as savior thus allowing the Holy Spirit to enter in.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
"Well, it can be neither inerrant nor full of holes, as it is not a scientific discourse. It is a collection of writings over time, each representative of an individuals perception of something."

*****Its as scientific as one can get as it reveals the extra dimensions and many principles that are up to date. All the books are inter-dependent and have been inspired by God in the Old Testament, or encounters with God, Jesus in the New Testament as they were eye witnesses, and by supernatural inspiration by the Holy Spirit after Jesus ascended to Heaven.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by tgambill]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

'The Bible they are trying to change themselves and in the Catholic church the clergy teaches the good catholic that only the Clergy can read the Bible and interpret. I stay within the boundaries of the Bible as this is the measure of Gods word and all other that contradicts this book is manmade and errant.'

Yes, and they interpret the Bible in the same way you do. That it is the only true word of God, and anything other then that is evil or wrong.

"Actually they are interpreting the Bible just for that reason and know how to manipulate the words to control. The Bible, King James only, is the true word of God. This is the reason for the follow-on rewrites and other interpretations."

Yes, like I said, they are teaching it just as you are trying to do here. That makes you no different then they are. And your last statement, your trying to say is that when the English version was put together from other texts, that the other texts were wrong? Umm, where do you think they got the King James version from? So doesn`t that make the texts it was taken from right also?

'Not at all. They tell that I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me; Philippians 4:13. Ever hear of the Lords Prayer? "lo though I walk in the shadow of death, I will fear no evil". The Holy Spirit does not teach fear at all."

Now wait a minute, you just said "Actually they are interpreting the Bible just for that reason and know how to manipulate the words to control". Now you say that your own statement is wrong? You can`t have it both ways. Maybe the Holy Spirit doesn`t teach fear, but the church and you both are. Scare people by telling them they will go to he-- if they don`t follow what the Bible says, and to think anything else is evil or Satans thinking. Oh no, that`s not trying to scare anyone, is it. Wow, you must think people buy your mind games.

"Don't know where you got this one from. A good example of not knowing what you are speaking of. "and forgive us our sins, just as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us. (TLB, Matthew 6:12)". It does not anywhere say we can forgive our own sins, but for us individually to forgive those that done us wrong. We cannot give salvation, but we are told not to hold a grudge."

Humm, so then even if we believe that we are a part of God, and that God is within us, that means we can`t forgive ourselves of sin. So in reality, your saying no matter what, we can not forgive our own sins. So then when we are asking that part of ourselves that is God to forgive our sins, that doesn`t matter then? Wow, that means God has no power then, right?

"We have three parts to us. Our bodies which is what Jesus had. Our soul and our spirit. Our sin separates our spirit from God. Our spirit is dead but our soul is not. Once we accept in our spirit to accept Jesus, our spirit is awakened and then becomes part of the body of Jesus Christ and since Jesus is God, of God."

So how can we accept in our spirit to accept Jesus, if our spirit is dead? That means we have no spirit then. And to be without spirit is to be without life. Spirit..... "an animating or vital principle held to give life to physical organisms". God IS the life force within each of us, and God does not die.

"The creator exists in us through the Holy Spirit. We have to invite him in and repent of sins."

The creator IS the Holy Spirit, remember? For without God, there would be nothing. And God is within all of us, if not, we would not be. Besides, why invite him in, when God is already there and alive?

"you tread on a thin line......to have God within us we have to believe in Jesus Christ and accept him as savior."

To not have God within us, we would not exist at all. And i`m treading on a thin line how? Because I won`t buy what your trying to sell to me? Oh, ok then, sounds like something the church would say.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by FiatLux]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
How many occultists posting on this thread would you consider "Satanist"?

So far, I haven't seen any.

The ones who say "I am a Satanist", or "I worship Satan".

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
"Yes, and they interpret the Bible in the same way you do. That it is the only true word of God, and anything other then that is evil or wrong."

*****Actually they don't. For the most part yes, but the Catholic church is setting up such nonsense as agreeing with Evolution, Aliens from Space and "declaring all of a sudden that Babies are no longer in Limbo?", for starters. Totally wrong and controlling moving in line with the New Age Movement.

"Yes, like I said, they are teaching it just as you are trying to do here. That makes you no different then they are. And your last statement, your trying to say is that when the English version was put together from other texts, that the other texts were wrong? Umm, where do you think they got the King James version from? So doesn`t that make the texts it was taken from right also?"

*****The other texts were not to be used as the word of God, were solely historical documents, or did not relate to Gods word to mankind as does the KJV. The KJV is the first Bible that was in the Church and in the home. Reference the Book of Armagh, The Latin Bible, the First English Bibles, The Lindisfarne Gospels, The Ormulum Gospels and Acts, The Psalter in Early middle English, the Wycliffe, Version, the Gutenberg Bible, the Tyndale Bible, Myles Coverdale Bible, Cranmer Bible, The Great Bible, The Geneva Bible, The Bishops Bible, The Rheims Bible and The Douay Bible, and finally the King James Bible. This was put together by prayer, fasting and inspiration of the Holy Spirit to ensure the proper books were included.

"Now wait a minute, you just said "Actually they are interpreting the Bible just for that reason and know how to manipulate the words to control". Now you say that your own statement is wrong? You can`t have it both ways. Maybe the Holy Spirit doesn`t teach fear, but the church and you both are."

******You can have it both ways. The development of the KJV of the Bible was distinctly different from what the Church is teaching. One of the reasons that a custom for the Clergy was to interpret to the "flock" the meaning of the verses as the "flock" was discouraged from reading it themselves without a priest interpreting the verses for them.

"Scare people by telling them they will go to he-- if they don`t follow what the Bible says, and to think anything else is evil or Satans thinking. Oh no, that`s not trying to scare anyone, is it. Wow, you must think people buy your mind games. "

******Its not a fear tactic what God has said, it is a warning of what will happen so there won't be any surprises or secrets. Its the same principle of a parent teaching discipline and then letting the child know what the limits are and the punishment will be and then following up exactly.

"Humm, so then even if we believe that we are a part of God, and that God is within us, that means we can`t forgive ourselves of sin. So in reality, your saying no matter what, we can not forgive our own sins. So then when we are asking that part of ourselves that is God to forgive our sins, that doesn`t matter then? Wow, that means God has no power then, right?"

******Interesting twist you have there without Chubby Checker. We can make up whatever belief we want but it doesn't make it true. I can climb up on a 10 story building and believe that I can fly........the reality is gravity is a harder thinker and cancels out my belief. We didn't create a universe. We were created by God in his image, we are offspring from the first man and woman, Adam and Eve.....with Noah in the line after he was saved from the Flood. We didn't die on the cross as sinless humans, Jesus did. He was God in human form and we are not. We come in the family of Jesus when we accept his sacrifice as sin for our sins and we repent of our sins and taking Jesus as our savior in heart not just words. God has plently of power, he just isn't forgiving our sins without Jesus as the middle man. Jesus was sinless in his human life we aren't. Our first sin separted us from God as this is Gods own rules.

"So how can we accept in our spirit to accept Jesus, if our spirit is dead?'

*****By our own free will. Jesus speaks to our spirit though the Holy Spirit. Our spirit is brought to life by our conscious free will accepting Jesus as savior. Romans 10:9.

"That means we have no spirit then. And to be without spirit is to be without life. Spirit..... "an animating or vital principle held to give life to physical organisms". God IS the life force within each of us, and God does not die. "

*****I'm sorry, but you are all over the page. You are making things up as you go along. You have that luxury as you can make up you own rules to justify your "own" beliefs in order to 'win" an argument. God is separated from us by our committing our first sin. Jesus brings us back on track with God.

"The creator IS the Holy Spirit, remember? For without God, there would be nothing. And God is within all of us, if not, we would not be. Besides, why invite him in, when God is already there and alive? "

****No, we are separated from God due to the original sin of man. This is how God set it up. You need to talk this over with him through the Holy
Spirit. We can't just make up the rules.

"To not have God within us, we would not exist at all. And i`m treading on a thin line how? Because I won`t buy what your trying to sell to me? Oh, ok then, sounds like something the church would say."

******If the church is following the Bible, sure, if the Church is not following the Bible then no. Many churches and evangelicals are falling away from the Biblical teachings and embracing the New Age Movement lies.

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join