It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Blowback: More Than 650 Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Then wouldnt Russia want to report the results from the coldest research stations to skew the numbers to point to there being no global warming?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The reality is far messier than is being acknowledged here.

White House engaged in Systematic Effort to manipulate Climate Change Science

And 650 scientists is nothing in the overall scheme of things. Tens of thousands would stand against what those in Poland are being presented as saying.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is a heavy blow to scientists and science.
This goes much further from just global warming issue.
Discrediting scientists like this means that another kind of consciousness is already at work.
Are we ready for that? Can we see through it?

Where I live, for the last 10 years, winter is a joke, summers are much hotter than 20 years ago. At the same time, humidity is increased, and so is air pollution.
So, what am I to conclude?
Scientists lie about global warming, there is a global warming but we are not responsible, we cannot trust scientists any more?

But something is changing, and the change is accelerating. It is a very strong feeling.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
This is a heavy blow to scientists and science.
we cannot trust scientists any more?

Sorry, but you're pretty naive to think "science" is some holy grail that cannot be touched or manipulated. "Science" is just as guilty as "religion" and has been as long as there has been something to gain by its manipulation which is essentially the whole of history.

We get facts and truth from science, sure. But when governments or "authorities" start parading it around as reasons to pass laws it's a free-for-all of lies and deceit at our expense.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I know that, of course.
I was referring to the fact that science has been like an official religion for the last 3 centuries, or more, and now it has so easily become expendable

What's next?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
There is global warming, but it is a completely natural cycle of the planet and man has nothing to do with it at all, there is plenty of evidence out there to support and show that it is all just a natural cycle of the planet, look at Mars which is also warming, Greenland has more Ice now than ever before, Glaciers are melting, but there are many growing!

Global warming is real, it’s just completely natural.

They fact that people swallowed the crap from Al Gore is just scary.

Mikey

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If the $1,500.00 per animal tax goes through in the US, this Global Warming lie will hurt lots of innocent people. Do the math.

Remove animal protein from the worlds diet and sit back and watch billions starve. That appears to be what they want.

Al Gore is heavily invested in the Carbon Credit scam and Obama has stated his support. Pelosi is behind the tax on livestock among others. The Far Left has complete control of our entire government with Pelosi at the helm. Obama will be Pelosi's personal pet. Nobody will be able to stop it.

I'm going to have a friend start looking for some acreage for me in Idaho. We will have to raise our own meat. God I'm glad I have access to plenty of Moose. I can't imagine what it will be like for the poor when protein sources go through the roof in price.

I see also that the winter lettuce producers in the southwest are getting hit with huge increases in water prices. We won't be able to afford meat or vegetables. I guess we will eat dirt, eh? Sit back and watch the farms and ranches shut down. Get used to the horrible quality stuff coming from south of the border. Only the very rich will eat good quality food.

At the turn of the last century food took most of a persons earnings and land was almost worthless and cheap to buy. Looks like this go around with land being so high that housing and food will take everything and we can kiss everything else in our lives goodbye. Forget about ATS. You won't be able to afford a computer or Internet connection. Perhaps we should all move into Mr. Gores huge estate and fly around with this elitist on his personal jet recently acquired from his fake Global Warming profits. Yes, he bought a new one. You don't do that on a Professors salary.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
hmm consider...how many of youre enviroment taxes are really used for there purpose.. my guss is less than a penny...
so the real hoax = that we all pay for other things.

wy are the big consumer country' like usa and china doing nearly noting for the enviroment??
couse the know its all based on a lie..

enviroment is a boooooming buizzness making some of us very welty.
all sponsord by the oil companies... just see how much profits they are making out of it..

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Perhaps there is more snow, but it's due to increased humidity. It won't last long because average temperature during winter months is now above zero.

The food issue is very real. I go to supermarket and stand 15 minutes like I'd like to chose something, but I know nothing is good anymore. It only makes me sick even to think about what I will have to eat.

If the PTB are now certain there is going to be big crisis, it is only because global resources are seriously depleted. This leaves only one alternative, with small variations.

Totalitarian system is typical for its suicidal, entropic and cannibalistic nature. It feeds on its own children because other resources are gone. The best in such outcome is some kind of a caste system, might be good only for the elite. That is, of course, questionable, because there are to be many wars if this comes true.

I don't think that we have much chance if the political ideology pushes out all other voices from public. The story about youth camps and alternative army may be very realistic in such totalitarian conditions.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Btw water rising if the south pole is melting is also joke.. if the trllons of tons ice on anthartika is gone.. the continent will rice up and equalice the effect off moore water in the oceans..
the law of archimedes...!... hihi we are not living on a solid planet...the continent will rice up wthout the ice on it

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
The reality is far messier than is being acknowledged here.
And 650 scientists

Calling many of them scientists is a stretch. From Inhofe's minion's original 400:

192. John Kettley, formerly of the Met Office and the Fluid Dynamics Department at the Bracknell headquarters.

lol

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Again and again I read a story like this that sounds scary, hyped, blah, blah, blah, that if the journalists who write this #e would do just a little more research alot of questions could be answered.

An examination in this case of who these scientists are, and who they have worked for would change the whole flavor of this story. If it turned out upon examination that 70% of these dissenters worked for DOW chemicals, Exxon, Monsanto or PNAC, certain think tanks, their motives and their masters would come to light and nobody could/would fall for it yet again.

Damn the lazy MSM. Damn them all to hell!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Seems to me that the only point these scientist have is not that global warming is occuring, they acknolwledge that, but only the cause of global warming is in question. This is what many of us on ATS have been saying for some time now.

GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL, IT IS HAPPENING, THE ONLY QUESTION IS THE CAUSE

From the link provided by the op.

The IPCC said that they saw a 90% probability that "most" of the recent warming was man-made. The present paper would reduce this figure, 90%, to less than 50% because the Sun itself is responsible for 1/2 of the warming and not the whole 50% of the warming could have been caused by CO2 because there are other effects, too.

It is all inconclusive, BUT, IF our current global warming which is exceeding previous predictions isn't being caused by the sun, but is man made, we have litterally gambled the farm away, and it could be bye bye humaniity.

By the odds put out by these supposedly revolting scientists, who are probably being paid huge amounts of money by the IC's, the real NWO, betting that global warming, which they acknowledge, is not man made is selling the farm, and taking everything you know and putting it on a crap table in Vegas where the odds are against you.

You can't hide a little black jack up your sleeve in this gamble.

What happens if humanity takes action to find more efficient, less polluting energy sources? We become independent from fossil fuels, and the giant oil corporations, the international bankers, and the IC's in general loose control of the world, while the rest of humanity becomes more independent.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by poet1b]

[edit on 10-12-2008 by poet1b]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
To all you bad boys that talk about suing the government is global warming turns out to be a untrue. Please remember it is best to act with caution, and tread lightly in the world. Anything we can do to minimise damage to out biosphere is positive. So it does not mean reducing youre carbon footprint is a waste of time. Stop being such# selfish cry babies, grow up and think of other people, not just yourselves.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Remove animal protein from the worlds diet and sit back and watch billions starve. That appears to be what they want.

mmm.... i dont think so, please do youre homework before posting such rubbish. Read about trophiv levels and energy exchange. (a good start) Removing animal protien from peoples diets would allow us to feed more people using less land. Good for people and good for the planet we share with other earthlings.
kx

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
More corporate sponsored crap like we got with Big Tobacco.

Look ALL OF THESE speculations are handled in Al Gore's movie. There isn't one weather scientist who DOESN'T look at solar output.

The issue is a lot more complicated than the nonsense blurted out, and I'm sick of all the recycled pablum that preys on a very ignorant and scientifically unaware populace.

This next summer, we will probably have massive releases of methane from the oceans, as some of the warm water goes down into the depths. Did you know that melting ice cools the planet as well? After these heat dumps like the ocean and polar caps are exhausted -- well we shall see right?

But, because a few companies want profits, and don't think chickens come home to roost, they don't have qualms in BSing the country.

Nature is about to kick in and add its own global warming. But don't think that paving everything in sight, and releasing carbon, and filling in swamps, and making the oceans more acidic (which is probably the biggest culprit) are not going to have an effect.

There will be no satisfaction in saying "I told you so" to the village idiot.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by Blaine91555

mmm.... i dont think so, please do youre homework before posting such rubbish. Read about trophiv levels and energy exchange. (a good start) Removing animal protien from peoples diets would allow us to feed more people using less land. Good for people and good for the planet we share with other earthlings.
kx

>> Good point. Vegetable protein is so many times more efficient than animal protein there is no comparison. A Cow needs many gallons per pound, and many times more vegetable protein than it produces. Raising these animals creates more methane, and of course reduces the worlds food supply. The farming practices in some countries, also destroys important rain forests, to raise cheap cattle for McDonalds.

It could not be MORE WRONG. Besides, there are much better animals that we could be eating if people didn't want to become vegetarians. You could raise Ostrich and Eels -- which are many times more efficient than Cows.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The New Zealand govt is due to rule on carbon tax/global warming tax which is not going to be passed, this is from reliable sources in NZ govt.

With this in the pipelines it's even more fuel for the burning of the AL-Gore manipulator puppet

It's problem/fear/solution all over again. 9/11 of environment pretty much.

[edit on 10/12/08 by GhostR1der]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
From my understanding, buffalo are more efficient than cows as well. With meat, the real problem is factory farming, which once again benefits the the bad guys, IC's.

As a species we could become much more efficient, much better.

What is wrong with that?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The truth is the North Pole is losing ice while the South Pole is gaining ice. I don't care to get into the scientific reasoning behind it for it's rather complicated though if you google on, you may find a scientific explanation.

The global warming scare was put into place to keep oil prices high for oil producing countries and mulitnational oil companies. It's a scam paid for with deep pockets while fleecing the public.

I'm all for green technology to create a 'greener' world though deception for profit seems to be the modus operandi when it comes to the current 'green' movement.

Oil has always been one of the main weapons used by the international banksters to indebt and further control the finances and thus the politics of a given country.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join