It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Blowback: More Than 650 Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

UN Blowback: More Than 650 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims

epw.senate.gov

UN Blowback: More Than 650 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims

Study: Half of warming due to Sun! –Sea Levels Fail to Rise? - Warming Fears in 'Dustbin of History'

POZNAN, Poland - The UN global warming conference currently underway in Poland is about to face a serious challenge from over 650 dissenting scientists from around the globe who are criticizing the climate claims made by the UN IPCC and former Vice President Al Gore.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod edit: Fixed quotes.

[edit on 12/11/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
To be released w/i 24 hours, over 650 scientists anf the U. S. Senate ]are calling the IPCC scientist (only 52 authors vs. 650+ dissenters) outright hoaxers and worse.

They point out that the chief author is dishonest in his assessments and other acknowledge the issue is money driven:

“Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly….As a scientist I remain skeptical.” - Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman in the world to receive a PhD in meteorology and formerly of NASA who has authored more than 190 studies and has been called “among the most preeminent scientists of the last 100 years.”

Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.” - UN IPCC Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical chemist.

“The IPCC has actually become a closed circuit; it doesn’t listen to others. It doesn’t have open minds… I am really amazed that the Nobel Peace Prize has been given on scientifically incorrect conclusions by people who are not geologists,” - Indian geologist Dr. Arun D. Ahluwalia at Punjab University and a board member of the UN-supported International Year of the Planet.

“The models and forecasts of the UN IPCC "are incorrect because they only are based on mathematical models and presented results at scenarios that do not include, for example, solar activity.” - Victor Manuel Velasco Herrera, a researcher at the Institute of Geophysics of the National Autonomous University of Mexico

“It is a blatant lie put forth in the media that makes it seem there is only a fringe of scientists who don’t buy into anthropogenic global warming.” - U.S Government Atmospheric Scientist Stanley B. Goldenberg of the Hurricane Research Division of NOAA.

“Even doubling or tripling the amount of carbon dioxide will virtually have little impact, as water vapour and water condensed on particles as clouds dominate the worldwide scene and always will.” – . Geoffrey G. Duffy, a professor in the Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering of the University of Auckland, NZ.

“After reading [UN IPCC chairman] Pachauri's asinine comment [comparing skeptics to] Flat Earthers, it's hard to remain quiet.” - Climate statistician Dr. William M. Briggs, who specializes in the statistics of forecast evaluation, serves on the American Meteorological Society's Probability and Statistics Committee and is an Associate Editor of Monthly Weather Review.

Of couse, the IPCC says GW is "proven beyond a doubt." And here's how they'll set up the Global Warming Court to punish polluting individuals:

The Telegraph
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Original source:
epw.senate.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-12-2008 by jdub297]

Also, see this related thread about enforcement:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-12-2008 by jdub297]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Obviously those 650 'scientists' are employed by Exxon and BP.

I thought this was all dead anyways. It hasnt been beat into me on an hourly basis by the TV/Radio/posters on ATS. I can remember when that Fragile Earth topic took up over half of the most recent posts. What a pointless time to be reading threads that was.

Oh well.

I'm sure nothing will come of this. Once the prospect for governments to tax their people is in play nothing short of armed revolt can stop them.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If anyone wants to look at the sun lately.
Its getting brighter.But its activity is lessening.
I believe the sun also controls our radiation shield.
Many scientists tell BS lies because they are paid to.
Our radiation shield is made up of a magnetic field that is created by the sun and other things.
One thing that differs about the sun, is its yellow radiation colored light.
Wheres the light you see when you pass over and come back, is more white.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Several of the dissenting scientists admit that since their funding dried up, they are no longer "believers." They also criticze the original author/chairman of the IPCC as a fraud and liar!

“It is a blatant lie put forth in the media
Dr. Joanna Simpson, NASA meteorologist

“Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly
Henry Goldberg, NOAA

Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history

Dr. Kiminori Ito, IPCC

url for full story:

epw.senate.gov...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

so they're basically admitting their findings were for sale? how do we know someone else isn't paying them to say the opposite now?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This has got to be the best thing I've read in a very long time.

I can't wait to read the full report.

Thanks for posting this. Star and flag for you!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Does this change the fact that we as humans are destroying our arable lands at record rates with mono crop GM plant life?

Or that we are destroying the Rain Forrest At record rates

Add to that the destruction of the worlds Oceans and Fisheries.

I dont think Global warming is really our issue yet. I think the coming food shortage and massive depopulation of rural area's will come first.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i am documenting all the money i have to spend on global warming.

if it turns out to be a hoax i plan to SUE a group of enviromentist starting with Al Gore.
plus sue the government if they pass global warming laws that cost me money.

i advise everyone that does not believe to start there own log of cost for this global warming hoax.

we can in 20 years do a class action law suit when it turns cold again.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."
Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
Does this change the fact that we as humans are destroying our arable lands at record rates with mono crop GM plant life?

I dont think Global warming is really our issue yet. I think the coming food shortage and massive depopulation of rural area's will come first.

Agreed, but it could change how many people throw money away to "neutralize" their carbon footprint

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Agreed, but it could change how many people throw money away to "neutralize" their carbon footprint

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
reply to post by jdub297

so they're basically admitting their findings were for sale? how do we know someone else isn't paying them to say the opposite now?

I didn't copy all the quotes and studies. The url contains dozens of new studies that have only recently come out and quotes people who still work for IPCC as well. They just acknowledge that money has been driving this all along.

Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history.

Here's the link:
epw.senate.gov...

You don't have to be afraid of warming, just that we've wasted time and money fighting something that doesn't exist when they could've been devoted to a real problem we could do something about.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentOrangeJuice
If anyone wants to look at the sun lately.
Its getting brighter.But its activity is lessening.
I believe the sun also controls our radiation shield.
Many scientists tell BS lies because they are paid to.
Our radiation shield is made up of a magnetic field that is created by the sun and other things.
One thing that differs about the sun, is its yellow radiation colored light.
Wheres the light you see when you pass over and come back, is more white.

Did you see the Sci channel program Sunday about the diminution of the magnetic field and its probable reversal, so N becomes S, and S becomes N?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Think of all the time and money wasted on GW that could've been used on these problems that we can remedy!

Mod edit: Fixed quote.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
i am documenting all the money i have to spend on global warming.

if it turns out to be a hoax i plan to SUE a group of enviromentist starting with Al Gore.
plus sue the government if they pass global warming laws that cost me money.

You kmow there are VIOXX and Mesothelioma attys. who'd just die to get a 200 million person class certified.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

i read the link first time round and it is very damning. i even see once of our own people quoted which gives it more credibility in my eyes (since we're like the least corrupt people in the world, lol).

is the fact that there are so many dissenting scientists *proof* they haven't been bought? just wondering.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
reply to post by jdub297

is the fact that there are so many dissenting scientists *proof* they haven't been bought? just wondering.

At the bottom of the post were lists and synopses of recent reports just from this month alone. These aren't quoted scientists, but independent studies from around the world of hard data that cannot be denied. You don;t need someone to give an opinion on them, they speak for themselves.

Good example: out of 12,000 Russian stations reporting weather info in 1990, now only 5,000 do and most of the missing ones are in one of the coldest places on Earth--Siberia!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Oh GEE, and Russia is supposed to become the one of the largest exporters of oil and natural gas. They dont' tend to benefit from an anti-global warming effort.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I understand what you mean.
There is many qualified, even more so qualified, than the propagandists who like to blab there mouth for money every day on the MSM.
Scientists who work for themselves.
For SCIENCE!
And only wish to present REAL science.
Who have been silenced and put on a smear campaign by the globalist evil filth.
These guys deserve our credit for being a strong persons and not selling out to these evil filthy thugs.
We should support only REAL science, not something that may or may not be true.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join