It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the most dangerous video on the internet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Great post! S&F for you =))
I do agree with blaine about the fact, that we do need some form of governence to keep the peace, and keep people from stealing, and killing.
I also agree with Doomsday, I believe this is a spiritual war, and we need to get on the winning side.
If we just get away from the credit based society, grow our own food, and help our friends and neighbors, to do the same. Build our relationships with God and people near and dear to us, cant we turn this thing around? it sounds so easy. GREAT POST!!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown known
You don't see how we are livestock?

You know they dont give a # about us.

Where this video falls short is in presenting alternatives. Who exactly would give a # about "us" in any of the possible alternatives? nobody.

For example, imagine that there are no governments, and people live "freely" doing whatever they want and grabbing fruit from whatever tree they feel like.

Some guy decides to kill you, move into your house and he takes your wife and kills all your kids just because he is stronger than you. And there is nothing that you can do to prevent it. And that guy could be me. That's freedom. Are there "native" societies that live in "harmony with nature"? I'd love to know but I doubt it. It's a romantic idea with little basis on empirical evidence.

The one thing humans are not free from, regardless of any ideology or system, is our selfishness, horniness (or other physical wants/needs) and stupidity, as Scott Adams once said.

Governments, agriculture, and the availability of cheap energy act to decouple the "controlling" from the "controlled" and to amplify the effect so that even less can control even more people. But as far as actual consequences for any given individual as a direct result of this process, it's actually not at all worse than anarchy, which would invariably de-evolve into another form of slavery as the strong control the weak.

One consequence I can anticipate from anarchy for sure would be that women would become property (to a greater extent that they already are). And there'd be nobody to stop it or even talk about it.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AKARonco

I respectfully disagree. I didn't used to.

The more I study law and observe human interaction, the more I realize that rules are simply bandaids over a greater issue. Rules replace morality, and morality is damaged when people live out of sync with their instincts.

The Code of Hammurabi, the first known set of state laws, was created out of a flourishing agricultural society. These rules became necessary when people started accumulating land, possessions and wealth, which led to violence against one another. These values are out of sync with our instincts. When people's morals are corrupted, they cheat, steal and kill. Accumulation is directly correlated with theft and violence. Creating rules only disintegrates our instinctual moral character.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The video is worthwhile, however it does not go into the alternative.

If our governments were to suddenly cease to exist, what would be the outcome?

We would revert to survival of the fittest without controls, laws and government. There is simply no way around that.

Without cooperative efforts, much of what we enjoy in life, like plenty of food, would no longer be possible unless a collective was formed once again.

Not necessarily. Keep in mind that landscape and geography play a huge part in the role of "security" without government. I know of several places where I could live, with plenty of food, if society as a whole broke down.

Now obviously, that only lasts until enough people find/want what I have.

Under this theory, when we were free in the Hunter Gatherer days, it was often necessary to kill your neighbor to insure a food supply. Life expectancy was very short. No real medicine was possible and suffering would be widespread.

Another problem with your logic is that we didn't have neighbors when we were hunter gatherers :-) As a matter of fact, it was because of this that humans lived an easier life, much more free from other humans who bring disease and violence, than those who live in cities.

Once again.. that is until those hunter gatherers run into a civilization... then they get ran over like Native Americans by Europeans.

It is our needs that enslave us, not other men.

yes, in some cases this is true. But mostly, it is our wants which enslave us. Our needs are actually very few and far between when compared with our wants.

Any man can kill another no matter how powerful, no matter how rich. When you eliminate law, morality and a common goal from the equation, we would revert to the proverbial "Law of the Jungle".

Yeah but not for long, because LAW as we know it today was established by the Barbarians as a way to allow those in power to stay in power. Prior to that, the law of the jungle caused blood feuds to rise to the level of king, and thus usurp the current administration rather quickly.

With law in place, issues were squashed at a much lower level, allowing the ruling parties to stay in control much longer. It's the same thing as the law that allows us to protest. If we couldn't protest, we would surely revolt. However, because we can protests... that energy is released

Suppose we could rid ourselves of government and laws right now this minute. Open the doors of the prisons, fire all the Cops, close down the centers of trade and eliminate all forms of governance. Immediately the most physically powerful would instantly take control. Living off the land would be the only means of survival. Billions would starve the first year. Gangs of thugs would terrorize those who are left. Something akin to the situation that Afghanistan was in under the Taliban would rule the day.

Half a story is often worse than the whole story. Returning to our wild state in this case is probably one of the worst options available to us.

Not necessarily. True it would be painful for a bit, but there would also be a long time of peace as knowledge has become lost, as you mentioned billions would have starved, and technologies have to be re-learned, as the masses today have no real survival skills.

I'm personally for a "re-boot"

To play along, the Matrix is likely far preferable to complete freedom. Look to places were government does not exist like the Congo for the true alternatives to what we call civilized society.

That's not true at all. Items like the Congo couldn't exist without an industrialized and technological world outside of them supplying them with their implements of war.

Put everyone on equal footing, without factories to pump out ammunition or food and the congo turns into a completely different place.

We don't have any place on earth where you could point to what would happen if society completely broke down.

Once again... I'm pro-reboot

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

We still need a goverment.. but it needs to be a true direct DEMOCRACY...NOT A REPUBLIC!!!!!!!!! look at what happened to this "democracy"

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I don't want to be free from the government, I want to be free from everybody else..(well that includes the government by default)

what I mean is, a truly free society does not exist, as long as you are forced to interact with other people(friendly or hostile), you're only free if you can choose to interact or not to interact with anyone and everyone..

What I want is the ability to spend my time free of the constant naggin' of everybody else and only interact with a few chosen friends

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

so... mob rule? Because that's a true democracy. Where the majority can always override the minority. A republic means there is someone to stand up for the interests of even the smallest groups.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I think what is changing as the economy does fall apart is that the slaves are starting to be unhappy.. especially with all the bailouts given to the corporations that started this whole mess.. the happy slave is turning into an angry slave.. which is not a good thing for the masters..

[edit on 2-12-2008 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
Perhaps this little video is just another propaganda tool to make the viewers think that they are now more enlightened, more knowledgeable, and thus in some way more free than they were before they watched it. The red pill...the bue pill.....the green pill....., they all come from the same pharmacy.

Very well said, Very Well said indeed sir.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

has this republic really worked??... look at greece.. it worked for a long time.. granted the judicial system at first was dangerous.. as whatever the crowd felt even if wrong was done swiftly.. the system then changed.. they created a subset judicial system separate from the main citizens. Just look around you.. the republic is not doing what the people want it to do.. do you really think the goverment represents the people...? or large corporations..?? if you want to look at what happened to a past republic turned dictatorship just look at Rome.. I would rather be ruled by the "mob" then greedy egotistical politicians that don't represent me or my fellow man but major corporations... wake up lol

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whitl103

make sense, but there are alot of people to try and just go without laws...It just seems like there has to be a happy medium. I DONT WANT TO BA A SHEEP NEMORE, but i dont want all the other sheep trying to kill me and take what i have worked for. Ill share.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AKARonco

I agree. It would take a lot of time and a lot of changes to exist peacefully in a boundary-less society. Maybe someday.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
For those wondering how to take the "red pill": start by claiming "exempt" on your W-4 at work. (Note: if you choose to do this, you will have to fill out a new W-4 every January or you employer will begin withholding again).

Unless you have had to take some civil service exam, undergo some professional licensing, or are an officer of a corporation, you are in fact exempt. While you do not have a "right" to practice medicine, law, or be a CPA (hence the licensing), you do have a right to life, and therefore a right to earn a livelihood. Trading your time (labor) for the means to support yourself is the most basic right you have. As mortals, our time is the scarcest resource we have to barter with. You have not profited from the transaction because you have given your precious time in exchange. That trade is a zero sum gain. No profit = no "income". As the video points out, slavery is a choice. Opt out.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The post length rules prevent a one word reply...
So...

Am I really the only one that watched the video and thought "Somalia is full of free men, lets ask them how they like it" ?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
On this material plane, residing in the physical form, one must learn to be very subtle, for all are potential enemies, betrayers.

Consciousness has a back door, but few are privy to it.

Has it ever been any different than now? Will it change? Sorry, that's a dream of the very naive (these exist everywhere).

Do any here know who's responsible? I do (King of the World, Satan in his seat of power, etherean Shamballa). Silly? Do you think some old men of 60-80 yrs. can truly create & maintain this, as it has been for millenia? The answer of Rule is not from the flesh, but from the Invisible (like it or not, believe it or not!).

Even the religious texts of the world have many passages of war between the 'forces' of their presumed hierarchy(s). War is the perpetual state of 3rd dimensional existence.

Peace in the material has never existed, though protected/artificial subsets have, under the illusion of freedom (protection). This is blindness.

I don't advocate trying to ram heads against the system (King of the World). Take the red pill: the way is harsh, with all sorts of resistance along the path, and absolutely no surety of any success. It is truly all any can do. The Earth is an Ascension Machine, nothing else. (If you wish to play in the sandbox, go ahead; most do.)

Do-gooders, peace-&-love advocators, dreamers of brotherhood, must be sheltered as children. For the rest, you must become stronger than that which restrains you!

Sorry if I didn't put enough sugar into this for everyone's taste.

"Once that the key to Genesis is in our hands, the scientific and symbolical Kabalah unveils the secret. The Great Serpent of the garden of Eden and the Lord God are identical." The Secret Doctrine, H.B.

"This leash seems to be tightening...Arrghh!"

[edit on 2-12-2008 by SS,Naga]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This video seems to overlook that cultures tend toward organization so as to manage their shared resources. We have always had a from of government even if it was simply our parents. It also overlooks that fact that not everyone is cut out to run the "farm", many do not want to. Many people prefer being an employee as opposed to an employer. The problem is not "government" per se, the problem is the unresisted temptation toward immorality within government, in essence, the selfish drive of an individual to fulfill one's own desire even in light of the knowledge that those actions will result in harm to another individual or even several individuals. People tend toward having an organized society and most people do not want to own as much as possible. The only true solution is to instill moral values in the youth so they will make decisions for the good of the whole in their adult lives. To add to that, if you want to call sharing the production of needed resources "slavery" then remember how much you will be working if you have to do everything yourself. A well regulated government maintains standards and safety measures so there in no lawlessness, easy distribution of what is produced and a place to keep those that are not willing to refuse unwarranted harm to others. These things provide safe drinking water, untainted food and insure the weaker are protected from the stronger.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
Starred and flagged!

However 'blaine' does have a good point.
Some form of limited government is needed to keep anarchy from taking over.
Although the majority of people may be good, some would take advantage of that freedom at the expense of the rest of us.

I think the best option is the constitutional republic America was founded as, where 99% of the people can't tread on the rights of the remaining 1%

More restrictions would need to be in place to keep future representatives from perverting and corrupting the constitution, but overall the tone of the video (in my opinion) is very true.

Mankind as a whole deserves something better than what we have now, and it should be looked at as the right and duty of every human to bring that dream into reality.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by ashamedamerican]

so it's all about Gay Marriage to you?
Thats a little short sighted and probably self serving no?

Seriously thats what I got from your post.

How you got anything about gay marriage out of my post is way beyond me.

One could also make completely misleading and ignorant claims that my post also condones child sex, forced prostitution, mandatory heroin for preschoolers, and satanism...
But all of those claims, just as yours, would be nonsensical, ignorant, and would cause the person making such claims to look like they had absolutely no grasp on common sense or reality.

The only advice I can extend to you my misguided and slightly imbalanced friend would be, don't eat any more of the brown acid...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Not to compare us to Apes
but even the Bonobo, living in the manner you prescribe, wars, kills and eats others of its species when they encroach on their territory.

We are right now living in our wild state. We are no less wild than the ants in their structures and colonies or the bees who build their intricate cities in wax. The way we live now is our nature.

Yes, the Congo is a product of a mixture of the modern world with people not yet ready to enter it. I meant only that the rule of, he who is the most powerful rules is unavoidable unless controlled by a set of laws enforced by those with enough power to do so.

Your premise only takes into account you to the exclusion of everyone else. That is not the norm for we members of the Ape family. We are social animals who do best when we join together to each others benefit. Even the Native Americans, living much as you describe had a social order and relied on tribes to insure their continued survival. They also had wars and killed others to insure thier survival.

There will always be loners, hermits if you will, who prefer solitude and isolation, but the vast majority of us must work together not only for survival, but to improve our quality of life.

I have spent long periods living in the so called wild. I have acquired all the skills necessary to survive and actually tested them on extended survival trips when I was young. Even though it was fun for a bit and very entertaining, at the end of the day, I'd rather live the extra few decades. When I rise in the morning I'd rather step into a hot shower rather than a cold lake to clean myself.

You are not really a prisoner by the way. There are many up here and in other parts of the world living like you want. When they need medical help or they can no longer survive the weather, they always come back. They never completely break that umbilical cord that connects them to the tribe.

In the real world there are 6.7 billion people who have as much right to happy healthy lives as any individual. To say that we could all revert to a so called wild state is ludicrous under current circumstances. That is only possible for the occasional sociopath who chooses to do so.

The elimination of government and laws at this juncture would lead to unimaginable suffering and bloodshed. Reality is, those truly willing to give it all up and go wild do so. They are not on the Internet as they would not own a computer or know how to use it if they found one. Theory is one thing, practice is another all together.

Were the Neanderthals happy and content? Perhaps so, but they still formed groups out of necessity and I have no doubt they had leaders in those groups.

In reality the best form of government would be a righteous Dictator. Not in the Biblical sense, but the moral sense. Often the things we consider as holding us back are in fact what is keeping us from self-destructing. Living in the wild is only satisfying until you break a leg, catch a disease or run head on into mother nature who just won't provide enough food when needed.

One thing I've witnessed living where I do is that most people who say they want to live in the wild don't. Otherwise they would simply put on their backpack and walk into the woods. On the odd occasion they do, they carry with them products that can only come from the fruits of civilized society. The backpack made in Taiwan, the sleeping bag from a factory full of women trying to feed their children and things like canned goods, the product of a modern farm in partnership with a cannery.

Forgive my rambling as I'm trying to write this and work at the same time.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whitl103

I can't argue with that other than to say, there is what should be and then there is reality. If only what should be, could be.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GRANDWORLDDRAMA
pretty good, however i do feel its attack on religion needs to be clearified
because without a relationship with GOD then you will always be a slave
only GOD can truely set you free
so if this video is trying to say you can be free by rejecting a belief in
the Lord then well, they need to go back and remake this video

I believe fear of "GOD" is as much a scam and deception as any nonsense fed to us by government. Alex Jones and others will say the oppressive state must be fled and to be saved we must turn to "GOD". These two philosophies are two sides of the same wretched coin. When you say "GOD" what do you mean? An audible voice? An intense feeling at church? A character in the Bible? Did he drop by your house and have coffee with you? Did you see his photo on the cover of "Time"? Is he pinching your sunday paper? I believe we must flee the fear of "GOD" and fear of the state and find true spirituality in a third realm. You, Mr. GRANDWORLDDRAMA, are as much a dupe as anyone else on The Farm.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by WhamBamTYM]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join