It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the most dangerous video on the internet

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Man on Fire
Hey i just wached the movie and i dont get one part he did not mention.......
What are we ( the live stock ) producing and why?

It is meant as, we produce whatever is needed, and we produce it in large doses for our farm masters (government). The reason we do this, is simply because we are slaves, so if you aim to seek the reason, then you'd have to become a farm master.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Nebadon

why can native peoples live in harmony with each other and mother earth?

Hahaha... Oh Wow!

The only way you'd actually have a point is in talking about isolated tribes which have little or no contact with modern society or other tribes.

Native people don't live in harmony with the environment. They modify the environment for their own usage. If a tribe does not have the technology to fully utilize their environment, then they are limited by the resource constraints of that environment. What you perceive as "harmony" is really just environmental restrictions - and it's the same with animals. Animals don't live in harmony with their environments, but are forcably restricted by it through predation, disease, dominance struggles, resources, etc. When an animal in introduced into a new environment, or a restricting element is removed, that animal WILL take advantage of the newly available resources. They are called "invasive species", and are highly damaging to a local ecology. It also makes logical sense that native tribes would have a strong respect for their environments as well - since they are at the mercy of it. Native tribes are known for hunting species to extinction, engage in active burning of fields, and the cultivation of land for farming. If anything, you could say that Native Tribes are generally far better at managing an environment or ecology - but they are taking an active hand in shaping it, and certainly aren't living in balance with it or attempting to preserve it as they found it as we so often try to do (usually with disastrous results).

Secondly, they live in harmony with other tribes? Since when? Native Tribes in close proximity to each other typically fight over resources and materials - including at times trafficking in human labor or for human sacrifice as was the case in South America. Early American history is rife with alliances and betrayals of native populations whom were constantly at war with each other and ended up being played off the British and the French in their own battles. This LACK of cooperation and constant infighting is a substantial portion of how European settlers divided and conquered the native people of the Americas. Technology (which the Natives adopted in addition to their traditional weapons) and Disease notwithstanding, a unified Indian nation could have easily pushed the Europeans out of the Americas. However, by the time the threat was so painfully obvious that they had no choice but to unify, long any sort of viable treaty or unified front could be assembled - it was far too late. Europeans had already pushed, bartered, and forced their way so far entrenched into the Americas that removing them was no longer a viable option.

As for Blaine's comments... he hit the nail right on the head. Government has many drawbacks, but considering the advantage that it's given human society and the ability to build a reliable social infrastructure which sustains us over other methods - such as anarchy - I'd say it's well worth the tradeoff.

There is no such thing as complete freedom in a completely free society, as you cannot protect one man's freedoms without restricting another's. Only by restricting some freedoms can you guarantee essential basic rights and freedoms for all. Even in an anarchy, some form of rule will emerge - which is generally the rule of might and power to exert your will. I'd rather live in a society which guides itself on the rule of law, thank you.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Lasheic]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by HunkaHunka

In the real world there are 6.7 billion people who have as much right to happy healthy lives as any individual. To say that we could all revert to a so called wild state is ludicrous under current circumstances. That is only possible for the occasional sociopath who chooses to do so.

What give you the right to call that person a sociopath? If you ask me, it's a fine way to live.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Nice video. It felt like it was told from a true anarchist perspective. Every true anarchist understands first and foremost that any and all forms of government leads to violent oppression of those governed.

I like farming. Thats why I have bought my own. And I intend to keep every other farmer or raider from messing with my farm. Just me and my plants and I am a happy camper.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Brilliant! Good food, and since you're being farmed, you might as well farm something yourself, eh?

Luv farms. Hey, here come some aliens...and they look hun-grey.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
very interesting vid, but........it neglects to mention 1 BIG point, and that is we are human and its are nature to do the things we do, all humans would like power and the more they have the more they want.

and a nother problem is, what if we had the choice, what if some devine force came along and said we could be free if we all wanted to be?

we would all say yes.... and then after a few days what would happen, the shops would have no food in them because no1 has to work anymore are cars would stop working because theres no1 to fix them. are homes would have no power because no1 would be running the power stations and all are ill friends and famaley in hospitals would die because the doctors have all gone home.

sadley we have put areselfs in a position that has no alternative and its not are fault its are nature. imnot saying this vid is wrong im just saying its a little pointless unless the guy who made it has a alternative thats realistic!

so take the red pill...and live for a few days and larless
or take the blue pill and get on with life in the same way as man has for all of recorded history

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Many people on this thread have stated that without government we would revert to the survival of the fittest. The underlying notion is that in anarchy, there would be murder, rape, theft, destruction.

I ask you people, YOU that have said this; is there not already murder, rape, theft and destruction?

You may say "There would be MORE if everyone did exactly what they wanted!" Maybe you're right. Perhaps there might be more. It certainly is a possibility.

But is it the truth? Is it the way that it WILL be, or is it just what seems right to you? Is it a thought of caution, or is it an idea from experience?

All of you here in this thread need to read two books. "Ishamael" and "My Ishamael" are written by Daniel Quinn, and they are probably two of the more profound books I have happened to come across in my studies...

They are de-programming novels, quick reads and entertaining to boot.

What Mother Culture tells us is that Civilization began 10,000 years ago. What Mother Culture does not tell us is that the human story began much longer ago than that... many tribes of man with many different sets of rules and laws, each tailored for their own respective people's, lived in peace and harmony for almost 200,000 years.

What would happen tomorrow, if the governments stopped existing? Perhaps people would go out and commit crimes. Would you? Would the people you know?

Ask them. Go and ask people, ask them if tomorrow drugs were legal, would you do heroine? If tomorrow murder was legal, would you go out and kill someone?

Our entire culture believes that mankind is evil, that we are all just a hairs breath away from the worst imaginable things. That everyone is only kept in check by the government, by the laws.

We are to believe that that the majority of people are just seething with an inner desire to kill, rape, destroy and rob?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

Stay tuned, and find out.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
seriously people do not want to care about these types of propaganda punding them in the face
i'm trying my best with doing street related postering my own type of propaganda

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
First off, I don't support the concept of Anarchy as a long term Global system.

That said, Someone mentioned re-boot earlier. I think that's the best way to classify what's needed here. The matrix analogy works very well, in my opinion. I've always been of the opinion that we, especially as Americans, live in a series of matrices. There is a social matrix, in which very specific behaviors are required, lest you become a social outcast. There is a financial matrix. You must get a credit card, and borrow money, to purchase any of the things required to complete the first matrix. And so on and so forth. A series of interlinked matrices, all forcing us to live and act in a certain way.

I believe the same person also mentioned something along the lines of "Rules are merely a band-aid over the real problem" And then elaborated about the breakdown of the moral compass. I agree with that. The fact is, humanity has become more and more preoccupied with material and physical wants, rather than spiritual or moral (depending on your preference). This leads to a sort of confusion on the part of the individual. In a world where you're job is more important than your soul (literal or figurative), it becomes more acceptable to become selfish, to focus on the self, to deem the short term needs of the individual to overpass the long term requirements of the fellow man. Or, less hippie... well, actually, the hippie speak works pretty well.

Now, the government is not the main source of the problem, I think. But, in my opinion, it IS the main method of keeping this problem going, moving forward, and surviving in order to advance. So, like I said earlier... A re-boot. A little short period of no government, anarchy, no rules, and then let the factions and the rules rebuild themselves out of the ashes. This would do a great deal of good for humanity as a whole, not to mention with the probably loss of life, would help out the planet as well. Now isn't that a win-win situation?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGoIsWin

Beau-ti-FUL!

However, if you truly understand the system, As Within, so Without, as Above, so Below, you will perceive (Perception evolving to Awareness) that a re-Boot simply is a respite, and resettles to the previous state, albeit with a change of faces/names/consciousnesses. For Consciousness to Evolve, a Leap through the Gap must be made. Humanity is too young to achieve this en masse at this time.

So, get used to it. Protect yourselves with True Knowing & Action. Reclaim your dignity, follow the Middle Path.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

Yeah, yeah, I know eventually the system would just reconstruct itself, history would repeat, and a new prison would build. HOWEVER, even a brief respite is better than nothing, and, as society rebuilt, there would be a huge variety of different groups, with different systems, meaning that, even as the system re-emerged, it would take many years to get to the level of bredth we see today. So, there would be places where several generations manage to live in a truly free state, or at least an exceptionally good one.

And besides. I'm fine with just repeating the anarchy ever few hundred years. It could be fun

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The video is worthwhile, however it does not go into the alternative.

If our governments were to suddenly cease to exist, what would be the outcome?

We would revert to survival of the fittest without controls, laws and government. There is simply no way around that.

Without cooperative efforts, much of what we enjoy in life, like plenty of food, would no longer be possible unless a collective was formed once again.

Under this theory, when we were free in the Hunter Gatherer days, it was often necessary to kill your neighbor to insure a food supply. Life expectancy was very short. No real medicine was possible and suffering would be widespread.

It is our needs that enslave us, not other men. Any man can kill another no matter how powerful, no matter how rich. When you eliminate law, morality and a common goal from the equation, we would revert to the proverbial "Law of the Jungle".

Suppose we could rid ourselves of government and laws right now this minute. Open the doors of the prisons, fire all the Cops, close down the centers of trade and eliminate all forms of governance. Immediately the most physically powerful would instantly take control. Living off the land would be the only means of survival. Billions would starve the first year. Gangs of thugs would terrorize those who are left. Something akin to the situation that Afghanistan was in under the Taliban would rule the day.

Half a story is often worse than the whole story. Returning to our wild state in this case is probably one of the worst options available to us. To play along, the Matrix is likely far preferable to complete freedom. Look to places were government does not exist like the Congo for the true alternatives to what we call civilized society.

Yes they are alternatives out there, several of them. This one is my personal favorite.

The underlying problem of it all is human condition. We are flawed genetically, and have it in us to always want more than our neighbor. Its our greates streght and our greatest shortcoming.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'm just curious for all those who support government, society, whatever you want to call it...just when and where did you live in a place that was absent those infrastructures, and what specifically about those times and places made it so horrible that the alternative which we all live in right now is so much better?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician
...This narrator of this video seems to be speaking exactly the same as the guy from Zeitgeist....

Naw, he was just trying to sound like the 'Architect' from the matrix.

[fixed spelingk]

[edit on 20081223 by Carlthulhu]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nebadon

natives lived in harmony with each other and mother earth, until a rival tribe came into their territory.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Well, I had fun on the farm thanks to my parents.

Now that I've grown up and I'm a parent myself... All I can ask myself is this:

Are they about to shut down the greatest farm in the world?

hmmm... my opinion is yes.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I rather enjoyed that vid!! Thank you

Has anyone else seen Tunkashila it is awsome!

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The war on the Hamas in gaza willl lead to the declaration of a paliestinian state with in a year. This war will accomplish more for the palastinan cause than Oslo, camp David, Helsinki, or any agreement or handshake in the past. G-D is Great.illl

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join