It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by unknown known
You don't see how we are livestock?
You know they dont give a # about us.
Originally posted by Blaine91555
The video is worthwhile, however it does not go into the alternative.
If our governments were to suddenly cease to exist, what would be the outcome?
We would revert to survival of the fittest without controls, laws and government. There is simply no way around that.
Without cooperative efforts, much of what we enjoy in life, like plenty of food, would no longer be possible unless a collective was formed once again.
Under this theory, when we were free in the Hunter Gatherer days, it was often necessary to kill your neighbor to insure a food supply. Life expectancy was very short. No real medicine was possible and suffering would be widespread.
It is our needs that enslave us, not other men.
Any man can kill another no matter how powerful, no matter how rich. When you eliminate law, morality and a common goal from the equation, we would revert to the proverbial "Law of the Jungle".
Suppose we could rid ourselves of government and laws right now this minute. Open the doors of the prisons, fire all the Cops, close down the centers of trade and eliminate all forms of governance. Immediately the most physically powerful would instantly take control. Living off the land would be the only means of survival. Billions would starve the first year. Gangs of thugs would terrorize those who are left. Something akin to the situation that Afghanistan was in under the Taliban would rule the day.
Half a story is often worse than the whole story. Returning to our wild state in this case is probably one of the worst options available to us.
To play along, the Matrix is likely far preferable to complete freedom. Look to places were government does not exist like the Congo for the true alternatives to what we call civilized society.
Originally posted by Sparky63
Perhaps this little video is just another propaganda tool to make the viewers think that they are now more enlightened, more knowledgeable, and thus in some way more free than they were before they watched it. The red pill...the bue pill.....the green pill....., they all come from the same pharmacy.
Very well said, Very Well said indeed sir.
"Once that the key to Genesis is in our hands, the scientific and symbolical Kabalah unveils the secret. The Great Serpent of the garden of Eden and the Lord God are identical." The Secret Doctrine, H.B.
Originally posted by gormly
Originally posted by ashamedamerican
Starred and flagged!
However 'blaine' does have a good point.
Some form of limited government is needed to keep anarchy from taking over.
Although the majority of people may be good, some would take advantage of that freedom at the expense of the rest of us.
I think the best option is the constitutional republic America was founded as, where 99% of the people can't tread on the rights of the remaining 1%
More restrictions would need to be in place to keep future representatives from perverting and corrupting the constitution, but overall the tone of the video (in my opinion) is very true.
Mankind as a whole deserves something better than what we have now, and it should be looked at as the right and duty of every human to bring that dream into reality.
[edit on 2-12-2008 by ashamedamerican]
so it's all about Gay Marriage to you?
Thats a little short sighted and probably self serving no?
Seriously thats what I got from your post.
Originally posted by GRANDWORLDDRAMA
pretty good, however i do feel its attack on religion needs to be clearified
because without a relationship with GOD then you will always be a slave
only GOD can truely set you free
so if this video is trying to say you can be free by rejecting a belief in
the Lord then well, they need to go back and remake this video