It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon plans 20,000 uniformed troops inside U.S. by 2011

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiorano
just read about this..so disturbing
the USA does not need internal Military "protecting" the citizenry.
the Citizenry are the internal militia to protect the country from within,
this is horse pucky.
The danger is beginning but it will be a while before the trouble is palpable.

Right, because the U.S. citizens are so upstanding and brave, right? This isn't the 1700s any longer. We live in a world were an old man gets his in the freeway, bounces off a couple of cars, and no one pulls over to help. Where it's all about the "me" and "don't get involved" is the mantra of choice for those in the face of adversity.

I think saying it's one step from martial law is exaggerating to a great degree. After all the ineptitude handling emergencies like Katrina, 9/11 and others, our troops could do with some training imo.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It's always funny to me that people still don't get it. OK again for those that came late. The statement again is "the military will not kill it's own". This is a ridiculous statement and historically does not wash. Do you think the Nazi's were just that bad, no they were fathers, mothers and all too often children, not inheirently bad, just put into extrordinary circumstances, and quite frankly, on the winning team. Do some research on Nazi soldiers and how they found themselves doing things they could have never imagined.

Anyway, so there has been all this talk of impending food shortage. If that comes to pass the Government will take posession of the nations food supplies and you can bet the military will be tasked with securing this resource. The government will begin a program of rationing resources (by the way, my prediction is food stamps for guns) not everyone is gonna get those resources. Now keep in mind the only thing between you and the food to feed your family are those soldiers. Sooner or later when the public gets desperate or greedy enough, someone will engage a troop to get those resources. Now where I agree that a US combat troop will unlikely engage US citizens, you can bet your bottom dollar he will protect his fellow troops. So one of them is shot and his buddy shoots at whoever shot him and so on. It's just that simple. The trick is to not put the combat troop in that position to begin with.

Think about it people. You remember the Marine exam and one of the questions asked these guys if they could engage US citizens. This cage is going up on around us and they are pitting good patriots against their own damm sworn protectors. I can just picture these bastards getting the popcorn ready to watch the show.

There are reasons Posse Comitatus exists and if we are not very careful and don't start to get considerably more proactive, we are all going to understand what those reasons are.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is what all you Obamatards wanted. Troops come home, the war comes with it.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Any chance this is to err on the side of caution??

I mean imagine the backlash if another 9/11 or katrina, or worse happened... I think this maybe just the signs of a government that has learned, or is beginning to learn from its' previous mistakes.....maybe.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I find it disheartening to think that, our troops are automatically thought to be blood thirsty savages that are brainwashed into following blindly every order.
When I initially read the Post "20,000 troops inside US by 2011", I thought can't they get them home sooner. People... these are mostly good men and women serving our country. Bring them home! There could be a few bad apples, but the majority have families just like ours, and having served overseas, I know the majority of them have good intentions.
20,000 isn't enough! They need to bring them all home and use whatever excuse they need.
These are American Citizens first and foremost... The article didn't say "20,000 Uncontrollable Lunatics with Guns To Be In Our Cities By 2011!" Get a grip and be glad that there will be 20,000 more americans closer to home and their families!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You know, I didn't read all the posts in this thread, but I'm sure there are some people here on ATS that when reading the title of this thread, will say: "Oh, here it comes. NWO is here!" But honestly, we beg for them to withdraw out of iraq, to get off of foreign soil, and to keep our buisness within our own boarders. But when it comes time to bring them home, we jump and say "Oh! It must be martial law! They are going to take us over." It's sad.
But please, in three years when there are less soldiers abroad and more in your country, and instead of peacefully helping civilians and keeping you safe, but rather punching you in the face and rounding you up in auto-transport train cars and bringing out to camps, then you can say "I told you so!"

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

The underlying tone of these news is that such a drastic measure is done in anticipation of an event that is *already known* to happen by late 2011 or 2012.

We would just boost funding for emergency response agencies if we really wanted to increase our preparedness for a catastrophic event.

How exactly does military presence help if, say, a guy blows himself up in a bus? or if a nuclear bomb were to explode in a city? or if the Yellowstone caldera (volcano) blows up spewing ashes all over the US?) would they put their arms down and start giving first aid to survivors and putting down fires and rescuing people from buildings? Nope. That's not what they are trained for. If you want to figure out what they would do, look at what they are training for, along with much of civil law enforcement officials: **Controlling a crowd**.

Think about it? they are going to be here to deal with civil unrest. And the cause for that civil unrest is not well understood yet, but somebody somewhere knows. Could it be aliens landing? could it be some false flag attack? could it be riots because of the economic crisis? Or several of those together? take your pick.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

The truth of the matter is you guys in the US are scared of yourself. This is why you bear arms. There is nothing to fear but fear itself. Start helping each other. This makes all the difference.

Light and Love,

Omega

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
And for the record THE UNITED STATES DOES NOT OWN THE WORLD. THE EARTH IS OUR WORLD. Keep to your own country. No one else wants you anywhere. Your government is going to hell and your government will stay there unless they change from a military force to a peacekeeping nation.

That is all.

Omega

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Well put and understood. Let me say it again - Bring our troops home. Now that having been said. Under no circumstances are those troops to be used as a standing army against its own citizenry. Home is time with the kids and family not just geographically.

Heard agreat bastarrdization of a famous quote in a movie recently

"It was once said that all it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing, what it should have said is Evil Prevails"

Nicolas Cage
"Lord of War"

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
We in the US are growing less and less trusting of our government Or TPTB (if you will)... We bear arms to protect ourselves and our homes from enemies... foreign and domestic.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
And for the record THE UNITED STATES DOES NOT OWN THE WORLD. THE EARTH IS OUR WORLD. Keep to your own country. No one else wants you anywhere. Your government is going to hell and your government will stay there unless they change from a military force to a peacekeeping nation.

That is all.

Omega

Our Government is being ran by a bunch of Luciferians.

They want to go to hell and take us with them in the process.

Yea, I wouldn't live in fear of my fellow citizens, if there wasn't this evil machine that wants us to kill each other and even ourselves.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What I witnessed first hand was the medias way of reporting...
One day when going to work at an overseas base, I was coming in the front gate and bypassed an anti-base rally. This handful of people was a tenth the size of the Pro-Base rally across the street, but all you saw on the news was a tight shot of the Negative rally... Sad but true.
Our media feeds the world and our citizens with much more negative than good. My Mom would not even watch the news while I was overseas...
One would be wrong to assume that we all believe as our media portrays us.
There really are far more good citizens of this country than bad...
Please do not judge us by what you see and hear on "The News"...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well its about time!! Ive been saying forever that we need to have some troops here at home manning the fort instead of having our guys spread around the world. Sounds like we are finally doing something right.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
WOW! Some of you people are really unbelievable, i served in the Marine Corps and i think i probably have some more insight into this matter than most of you who did not serve, and particularily those of you who are paranoid!

Do some of you people forget that these troops are our sons, daughters, bros, sisters, aunts, uncles, parents, etc, etc.....

Or wait! Let me back up a bit here! I forgot they are brainwashed, they are microchipped, Oh my! All of our Soldiers and Marines are under the influence of mind controll and are going to throw us all in prison camps under the control of the evil new world order people! (sarcasm of course)

Some of you need to chill out big time with this crap because it is VERY, VERY, disrespectful to our "BRAVE MEN AND WOMAN IN UNIFORM" to question were there loyalty lies, and there morals and integrity while most of them are over seas in that sh#thole desert and we are sittin on our fat azzes behind a computer passing judgment on them when they are the most patriotic and careing bunch of Americans that there are, period!

Myself personally would absolutely LOVE to see about 200 thousand of our troops patrolling the streets of the U.S. for a few years or so, As to clean up the crime and show these gang A-holes how tuff they are not, and to get a handle on the illegal imigrants that are undermining our jobs, raising our taxes, and bringing drugs like coc aine, meth anphetamine, marijuana, and heroine into this country by the tons every month and poisoning our youth!

Maybe we should be raising awareness about this threat as appossed to the fictional threat that our servicemen and woman supposedly pose!

You people need to grow the F up!!

And one more thing people! One of my last details in the Marines before i was disscharged was the huricaine Katrina, and i was sent down to Billuxi and Gulfport MS were the damage was the worst by far to help those poor folks, we had set up temp shelter, fed them, and collected basic neccessity's for the people, along with the horrible job of body retrieval in which i will say no more!

Well folks from that experience i've learned what careing and great people we have in this country and especially in our military, but i've also seen that our Gov. had major flaws in it's policies and in the way it handles such catastrophic disasters.

But our Gov. did also realize it's major flaws and has ever since been working on ways to drastically improve it's system for emergency response, and one the major ways was to pre build emergency shelters and or emergency camps like those camps that have been popping up around the U.S. in the last few years or so, even stockpiling plastic coffins so to be prepared for the casualty's, so the next time a Katrina like event unfolds they would be prepared.

But what do people say, O MY!! The Gov. is going to get our troops to round us all up and throw us in prison camps just like the natzi's did! There is proof! They are building the camps all around the country....Do any of you realize how big and how many camps it wouold take to imprision even lets say 10% of this nation, a hell of a lot more than exists that's for sure.

You know people, this country is far from perfect and we do need to get our priority's in order, no doubt about it, but i think we are forgetting the fact that the large majority of the common folks in the U.S. are really good people and that these same people make up the majority of our City's, towns, Gov. and Military, so have some faith in your fellow countrymen and woman because if we want a future of Peace and non corruption in this world it starts here in the U.S.

I like to still believe in the old saying "GOOD ALWAYS TRIUMPHS OVER EVIL" so i think if the majority of us here on this planet keep at least some love in our hearts it will eventually prevail!
PEACE, devil

[edit on 1-12-2008 by damdevildog]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Dude most of the folks on this site are irrational!! Thats half the fun of playing on here and getting them all riled up. They hold fast to their delusional fantasies though so i give them credit.

They also fail to realize that folks in government (who they think are being controlled by aliens of the NWO) are also people's brother's, father's, sister,s mother's, aunt's, uncle's etc.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well said, DamDevilDog!
That is what I'm talking about... These are our families! They have done their duty above and beyond... Now bring them home and welcome them with open arms.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The American people opened the Pandora box after Katrina. Many questioned why the government wasn't better prepared and why they didn't send the military in to help out. Well now the military is going to start getting involved slowly but truly. I say 2009 will be the year the Posse Comitatus Act will be amended for our own safety and feel that a small US city will be quarantined by the military. Flag this thread, you heard it here first.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
People, lets not get off-topic here. I would like people's opinions on whos pulling the strings here right now with this soon to be in place?

I mean, how close is the US really to complete martial law?

Look up
1....U.S. Military Civil Disturbance Planning: The War at Home
2.....Department of Defense Civil Disturbance Plan 55-2
3....."operation Garden Plot"

These plans have been in effect since 1968 with operational upgrades.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
20,000 Troops. Okay, that sounds like a small number.

Take this into consideration. the bailout was originally $700 million. Then it went to $850 million as a final number. Then another $700 million was to go out. Now Obama is pledging ~$7 TRILLION.

Using the system our government has in place of using numbers, this should increase the 20,000 to around 25,000, then another ~20,000, and then jump to, oh, let's just say, 200,000.

So will we be saying ~250,000 deployed troops isn't all that much?

Look at the govt's math skills so far. This seems more plausible when you think about it. Just tell the sheeple a small number, they will never know the difference. After all, they DID go to public schools.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join