It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon plans 20,000 uniformed troops inside U.S. by 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I'm not blaming Bush, the new liar (Obama) will be the pres, he has control now. #IN B.O.., somethin smells bad

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPC_D
I would just like to point out that that pic is quite old, as the uniforms shown in the pic are BDU'S the army has moved on to ACU'S and the outher branches all now have there own "digi" style uniforms. im all for home "deployments" that means more time with the wife!

The man is correct, The Army is completely switched over to the ACU now. I remember when a BCT from Third ID was supposed to start a homeland deployment in October and it never happened. If the troop withdraw do happen then it would be nice to deploy troops on peacekeeping mission to fortify the borders and not allow entry into the US, I believe that I had heard a figure of 12 to 20 million UNDOCUMENTED CITIZENS are living in the United States illegally, That number was estimated in April of 2008. I think putting our troops on the border would be a good idea and would promote a more rapid response to NBC attacks that could happen here in the United States.

I try to not listen to the media or press at all, I have a brother assigned to Hunter Airfield in Georgia, My father is retired from the Marine Crops and I served ten years active duty in the Army so I would like to believe that any information I can get would be accurate and most of all true, Thats why I didnt get too excited or worried about troop movements that could happen in our country.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
What makes you believe Obama is a liar or a bad person? He a human like you, like myself, like everyone else on this planet, no one person is perfect. You act as if you've never lied in your life time. It is hypocracy that reigns here. This world is fuel by hatred and sufferage that is continuing infinitely because people cannot accept other people. There always has to be some problem with someone. If there is not an enemy for everyone to hate on then no one is pleased and someone will create one it seems.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I gave you a star for that. If those guys have nothing to hide, they should be happy right?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...
(Heres Washington post's story on this.)

www.defenselink.mil...
(Non lethal weapons training)

Edit to add link.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by alyosha1981]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
this don't jive with me either. about the only place i can see armed troops being stationed at are on the border. other than that it's just another step closer to martial law imo.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xilvius
What makes you believe Obama is a liar or a bad person? He a human like you, like myself, like everyone else on this planet, no one person is perfect. You act as if you've never lied in your life time. It is hypocracy that reigns here. This world is fuel by hatred and sufferage that is continuing infinitely because people cannot accept other people. There always has to be some problem with someone. If there is not an enemy for everyone to hate on then no one is pleased and someone will create one it seems.

I believe that the basis to the character of a politician is 98% a liar [to some extent or another]. Im not attacking you personally in any way, but sir, do you honestly think things will change for the better with Mr.Obama in charge? I mean, the war on Iran is literally a fingernail away, Israel is ready to strike at any moment and Obama is ready to back them.

I dont know about other people, but ANY person who would himself or others send to kill IS a BAD person. Im just wondering though, with Obama and the whole 'American sacrifice' issue... could this sacrifice be related to the actual freedom of a citizen?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

We already have more than that. The US military bases and posts have many, many tens of thousands of troops on them.

I don't understand what the problem is.

Wouldn't you rather have our troops here at home - protecting the homeland - then overseas fighting the bildebergers wars?

I would.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I cannot see any problem here.

What is wrong with bringing home the troops? - Afterall they are based in the Continental US .... Just currently on deployment.

As for troops being deployed on ''home territory'' in a national crisis, well, why not? You have paid your taxes for them. Its no good having the troops sat on their arses in barracks whilst a national emergency is going on.

You lot read too much into things and concoct too much fantasy. Nearly ALL European Armed Forces have a ''homeland role'' and have done for many years with no problems at all. British troops have been deployed in the past onto British streets and airports without declarations of martial law. Stop seeing a conspiracy where there isnt one.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
First Posse Comitatus Act and other laws restraining the use of American Military against civilians was gutted in October 2006. www.netctr.com...

Second this is stationing troops in cities as part of the police force, not as Armed Forces personnel training on military bases. There is a distinct difference.

Third the US military command signed an agreement with the Canadian military to bring Canadian troops into the USA in times of civil unrest, Oh excuse me I meant Civil emergency. Joint US And Canadian Military Civil Assistance Force www.northcom.mil...

“This document is a unique, bilateral military plan to align our respective national military plans to respond quickly to the other nation's requests for military support of civil authorities,” Renuart said.

Urgent Memorandum from Gen. Stubblebine

During my military career, I was entrusted with responsibility, as a Major General, with overseeing the US Army’s Intelligence Command. I devoted many years in the military to evaluating information. Shedding light through accurate analysis of information was my professional specialty in the US Military. This message today is based on my best estimates of the current situation in the US.

There are many recent developments that concern us all; the collapse of the dollar, the decline of the market and the takeover of the economy by a private corporation, the Federal Reserve, whose mission may or may not coincide with the best interests of the United States, the evisceration of the US economy, the endless war without reason or purpose. One single point never makes a pattern. Numerous points converging on the same spot, however, make a pattern so strong that it becomes a highly probable prediction of the future and the events to come.

Very recently (February 14, 2008) the US and Canadian Military organizations signed a pact allowing Canada to come into the (formerly sovereign) US in case of civil unrest...
The only item on the military website concerning “civil unrest” is the Avian Flu “threat”. The Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Defense have stated that there will be a choice given to Americans about whether they want to be vaccinated “in the first round in which the pandemic has not gotten away from us. In the second round, when it has gotten away from us [note language], there will be no choice and those who refuse vaccination will be quarantined indefinitely.” Please read that again! www.northcom.mil...
www.healthfreedomusa.org...

[edit: fixed EX tags]

[edit on 1-12-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
just read about this..so disturbing
the USA does not need internal Military "protecting" the citizenry.
the Citizenry are the internal militia to protect the country from within,
this is horse pucky.
The danger is beginning but it will be a while before the trouble is palpable.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Why is always the American populace "Happily" excepting this?
Do you all honestly believe more than half of Americans believe this is to their benefit?

I forgot- The OP posts on a conspiracy board!
Therefore, he's more open minded, and can easily see when something's wrong; as opposed to the majority of the population, who stand around like sheep to the slaughter.

I'd bet MY civil liberties that over HALF of Americans would disagree that this is in their best interest.
But what're they supposed to do about it?
Take action like you do- And make some weasely thread, where they can complain about how everyone else just lets their country fall to pieces?

If you're so infuriated, why don't YOU rise up, why don't YOU start a movement.

I can't stand reading threads like these, where the OP is so mad that his fellow citizens can just stand by and let this happen- When it's EXACTLY what he or she is doing.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Dewm0nster]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is a drop in the bucket IMO,20 thousand troops don't amount to much,no thing to worry about here

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
I cannot see any problem here.

As for troops being deployed on ''home territory'' in a national crisis, well, why not? You have paid your taxes for them. Its no good having the troops sat on their arses in barracks whilst a national emergency is going on.

Ok sincerely now, this is the issue. First off many of your civil rights are restrained. Secondly armed soldiers in the streets? Theres something really strange about that. The millitary should'nt take over security for the police. Mix that up with the economic crisis that is ongoing and you get a very dangerous situation. Things could get out of hand rapidly....

This is serious stuff. And to be honnest the terrorist threats were always present before 9/11. Its just that somehow, some extremists were able to conduct these attacks.... (dont know how...) and that is considering the odds.... I say that something of that magnitude would have slim to none chance of happenning again. People are aware of the dangers. They would never permit anything that bad to happen again. And there is no reason why you should be increasing millitary presence within the states to protect the people. It should be clear that the only real problem is fear itself. You cannot let a bully, no matter how strong, push you around. You must turn around and punch him in the nose so that he doesnt come back.

There is no need for an increase of security.... Unless intelligence reports gather something bigger its on the horizon, but I seriously doubt it....

The only real threat is the U.S economy going down the drain. ( many experts have been saying this for some time now that it is a question of when rather then if). I would imagine that the troops are there to contain the angry people in the streets.

So my heart goes out to all of you as I hope this is not gonna get out of control for all of our sakes.

//// I dont really believe in such things, but there are some things in those john titor stories that are really looking like they are happening. Even thought his story is possibly a fraud.... looks like he wasnt that far from the truth./////

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by serbsta

We already have more than that. The US military bases and posts have many, many tens of thousands of troops on them.

I don't understand what the problem is.

Wouldn't you rather have our troops here at home - protecting the homeland - then overseas fighting the bildebergers wars?

I would.

I agree with you on the Bildeberger wars but the problem is this is PART of the wars. The war on us. People are starting to wake up and the worse it gets people are going to start opening their eyes to the crap our government has done. This is to quell a rebellion. People this is scary stuff I mean people on ATS has been calling this for how long now. Wow I need to get out of the city.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'd like to go out on a limb and say that more military personel might not be a bad thing in the United States. I mean... The Ntional Guard is overseas... Who'se guarding the nation?

This might just be putting the troops back to operating in the United States for the purpose. Could be nothing more.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yup, they will be there to protect against 'terrorists'. Problem is, the definition of a terrorist now includes anyone who defies the rules of the state. Anyone protesting without proper licenses or outside the little area they were given to protest in will be a terrorist. Anyone who questions the way things are going, will be a terrorist.

Remember how anyone who questioned 911 was obviously not a 'patriot' and people ended up on black lists for flying, etc?

These troops are going to be trained in non-lethal methodology?! That says it all folks, they aren't there to stop invading forces, they are there to quell the obvious and inevitable rising of the lower class when they start to go hungry and their rights have been trampled one step too far.

Microwave beams, puke flashlights, all that good stuff was developed for this purpose alone. You will go back to your homes, you will go back to work, and you will not gather in groups. OBEY. CONSUME. EVERYTHING IS FINE.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiBosh

Yup this is what I was trying to say. You said it a little better. These troops will not be used on terrorists as you think of them they will be used on US!!! For those of you who say well the military would NEVER bomb or fire on Americans I say this Ruby Ridge & Waco. Not only will they fire on us they will kill us. Anyone who questions the status quo will be and really even now is considered a terrorist. War is coming alright but the war is on the American people by the American government. The war was declared in 1913 with the passage of the income tax, FED, and FBI. It is now in high gear.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I don't see anything about posting troops on every corner. It's about disaster preparedness and NBC response, which most organizations don't have a true response capacity for.

When did it become acceptable to make the leap in logic from police forces having the capability to deal with well armed bad guys and/or NBC events to having them become a modern version of the Gestapo?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join