It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon plans 20,000 uniformed troops inside U.S. by 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

www.msnbc.msn.com

The U.S. military expects to have 20,000 uniformed troops inside the United States by 2011 trained to help state and local officials respond to a nuclear terrorist attack or other domestic catastrophe, according to Pentagon officials.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Ughh... should this really be happening? Is this really necessary? There just been sooooo much real terrorist attacks in the US recently, i mean, its so dangerous now, with all the arabs walking around...

Absolutely ridiculous, this is just one step away from martial law, i cant believe something liek this is happening and the majority fo the populace think its for their own good. Disgusting.

More from source:
There are critics of the change, in the military and among civil liberties groups and libertarians who express concern that the new homeland emphasis threatens to strain the military and possibly undermine the Posse Comitatus Act, a 130-year-old federal law restricting the military's role in domestic law enforcement.

www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Just something that might be related:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The Muslim population is extremely upset over some of the new powers that are being given to security for counter-terrorism. I think they should be extremely peeved, many innocent people will be falsely accused and hassled.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I would just like to point out that that pic is quite old, as the uniforms shown in the pic are BDU'S the army has moved on to ACU'S and the outher branches all now have there own "digi" style uniforms. im all for home "deployments" that means more time with the wife!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPC_D
I would just like to point out that that pic is quite old, as the uniforms shown in the pic are BDU'S the army has moved on to ACU'S and the outher branches all now have there own "digi" style uniforms. im all for home "deployments" that means more time with the wife!

This was the image used alongside this story on the MSNBC homepage. I just thought i would add it with this story, i didnt know who the soldiers were exactly.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
no prob I just wanted to point that out before someone used the pic as proof that we are now in country and pulling security is all.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

www.msnbc.msn.com

The U.S. military expects to have 20,000 uniformed troops inside the United States by 2011 trained to help state and local officials respond to a nuclear terrorist attack or other domestic catastrophe, according to Pentagon officials.

HERE IS ANOTHER THREAD FOR SAME www.abovetopsecret.com... PLEASE DISCUSS IT HERE FOR NOW !!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nwo_ats

wow all caps a bit uncalled for but than again who am I to point the all caps button finger? this is not 4 chan we don't have an over whelming need here to be a holes.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nwo_ats

HERE IS ANOTHER THREAD FOR SAME www.abovetopsecret.com... PLEASE DISCUSS IT HERE FOR NOW !!

why should people discuss it in your thread, since this thread was posted first, it is yours that should be closed.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
People, lets not get off-topic here. I would like people's opinions on whos pulling the strings here right now with this soon to be in place?

I mean, how close is the US really to complete martial law?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
By 2011? Thanks to all the hype surrounding everything, I thought something would have happened by early-to-mid 2009. Maybe they're planning for the real/hoaxed event happening in 2012?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
i think that is good news for the rest of the world. I can only dream of a day when the US closes its bases around the world.

Imagine the US bringing all of its soldiers home, ALL OF THEM!

The government would not know what to do with them, some of them maimed, lots of them with psychological problems, handicapped, alcoholics, drug addicts.

That will never happen, because, as a number, I think that the US counts them as a constant part of the population that will not live in US territory.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The whole idea behind the government placing militants in urban areas shouldn't be looked at in the negative light that everyone is placing it in. I don't know the true motives behind doing such a thing, but you have to look at the whole picture sometimes and not just fragments at a time.

Everyone is placing OUR own military in a negative perspective, like they all want to kill everyone or something. Just because there are planned to be 20k uniformed troops in the USA doesn't mean its some way of domination or any such absurdity.

The United States is a great nation built on diversity. This nation is made of many people from many cultures. As is our military. I cannot conceive our own military killing its own citizens. I know and have known many many people that serve this nation in it's militant branches, and they all stand on defending the people of this nation. I'm really getting sick of this whole anti-American attitude of ATS.

You won't let us talk about drugs, you won't let us speak our mind about other people, other nations, you censor anything you don't like us talking about, yet you allow all this anti-American propaganda BS fly around this site like it's nothing. If I'd say something about smoking pot, I'd be warned or banned. Yet if I say something about how the American government is trying to take over the world, or enslave its people, I'd be standing in the same position that everyone else on this site seems to take.

Well I will not be part of that and stand firmly by my belief that this is being blown all out of proportion. If you ask me, it does make me feel safer knowing there will be a large military presence here. I don't know if any of you people on here have ever been robbed or shot at, or stabbed, or raped. If there is something that can help prevent these things from happening, I say let it happen. In these times of uncertainty in the world, various terror cells emerging around the world, yeah it makes me feel comfortable knowing our guys are here top watch our backs while we sleep. These militants are our friends, our families, and most of the people on here spit in thier face for the duty they provide for us on a daily basis, laying thier lives on the line for us.

Maybe it's time that some of you out there sat back and took a moment to really think over what you're suggesting. I will not stand by and watch as so many people talk down about my nation. America is isn't perfect, people make mistakes, I believe that everyone needs to back off of the whole anti-America bandwagon that seems to be sweeping everyone along. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this and I really hope this message hits the right people in the right places.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
*just moving this comment from one of the duplicate threads*

Why do we have a NATIONAL GUARD if they aren't going to be used to guard the freaking nation? Why do we need to use combat troops to do the job of the national guard while they are out doing the job of the combat troops? How does this make any sense?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
20,000 against 300.000.000 bad odds.

I am not worried we have them outnumbered by 15000 to 1

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
20,000 against 300.000.000 bad odds.

I am not worried we have them outnumbered by 15000 to 1

Out of the 300,000,000, how many do you figure have the intestinal fortitude to actually stand up to a well armed soldier? How many do you think would happily align themselves with the authorities rather than risk their lives or livelihoods to stand up to them?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

Posse Comitatus Act

That's the only reason you need to question this article, it is illegal. I don't care the times we live in have changed you should not be able to have American military policing our streets, it gives to much power to the PRESIDENT IN CHARGE AND HIS POLITICAL PARTY.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
And it is the DIVINE RIGHT and OBLIGATION that ALL American people defend against ALL "evils" (for lack of a better word) DOMESTIC and Foreign. Whatever happens to this country, it happens because we, the people, allow it to happen.

This country is looked down upon from almost every other nation. Do you know why this is?

Do NOT blame this on Bush. This is OUR faults, all of us. For sitting on our asses and just letting these things happen. If there is anything horrific that happens to this nation it is because we, as people, as Americans, have failed to do our duty to protect this nation.

And if protecting this nation means military presence so be it. The only people whom should be worried about it are the people with something to hide.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

Excellent post and I gave you a star. I was agreeing with you 100% up until

The only people whom should be worried about it are the people with something to hide.

I can't get behind that statement.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I agree that with power comes the great chance of corruption. I also believe in a thing called compassion, and the yin-yang principal. These people in our military, our government, are just that, people. In even the most negative of things there is some positivity. Maybe I just have a hope and understanding of some things that no one else cares to share. I believe this is called a difference of opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join