It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Under Terror Attack! At least ten people killed in Mumbai shootings: TV (now 125 +)

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

No.

There is still a lot of drama.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Can anyone give me an update on the violence in the area? I've been out for a while and there are like 15 more pages.

It appears as though the speculation was somewhat correct. Pakistan is DEFINATELY being blamed for this... Oh, and that they aren't backing down.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The army is about to storm the Jewish centre.

Taj and Trident are looking to be secured and peacefully.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I glanced at something a few pages back where someone had mentioned something about Somalia being "next?"... Anyone care to elaborate on this. I mean, I had mentioned something about this being used as a wedge between China and Russia, but if someone were to destablize the Somalian Government in an effort to damage Chinese oil supplies, stuff WILL hit the fan, and in a very big way.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Interesting thing , thou . This ATS leader who just went and got himself shot dead during all this , like he was maybe deliberately targeted ... found links to a previous bombing at Malegaon to some hindu militia group who have ties to members of this BJP party who just so happen to be running for an election very soon.

Malegaon: BJP MP Adityanath may be questioned

Amid speculation that he would be questioned in connection with the Malegaon bombings, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Yogi Adityanath on Tuesday refused to assist in the investigations and dared Maharashtra's Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) to arrest him.

"There is a dangerous conspiracy afoot to label the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) as a terrorist organisation and give a charitable name to Muslim outfits," the MP from Uttar Pradesh's Gorakhpur constituency told reporters in Lucknow. “I dare the police to arrest me and I will offer no help in their probe,” he added, amid reports that he was likely to be questioned in connection with the Sep 29 Malegaon blasts in which five people were killed.

www.tribuneindia.com...

This hindu group .. having a certain school that specializes in military training ...

Military-style training

As the name suggests, this is not an ordinary college.

Its aim, as its website claims, is to "encourage students to take up careers in the armed forces of the country".

Military training involves teaching students how to fire guns.

The students are prepared for the National Defence Academy, the central government's premier military college.

The branch of the academy in the city of Nasik has many impressive buildings.

One of them is used to impart military-style training to students, aged 10-16 years.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Interesting possibilities maybe.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

Good stuff. I wonder what the Pakistani's are going to do if they ARE, big if, being blamed for something they didn't do.

As others have noted, the Deccan name may mean that they are a group from inside India. If that is the case, it is a shame to turn this on Pakistan in an effort to further your military campaign. Not surprising, but a shame.

Is that "University" situated in the Deccan region, I wonder.
It appears that it is, in fact, in the Southern Region of the country.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Man, it just seems odd to me. I thought that India is supposed to have a worthy CT branch. It would surprise me a great deal if an event such as this was planned and carried out from within the country itself.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ok no doom and gloom here but I do really think its all just beginning...I can't figure it out other then to say that this really stinks.
I still want to know how many people did it and how the fook they did it and why they did it.
Anyone???

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Seeing reports that the media has to stay away fromt he Jewish center.
Reports of a 3rd explosion there.
Unverified reports that Rabbi Gavriel Holtzberg and his young wife Rivka are dead. Their child is safe.

Seeing reports that Fox News is about to go back to live coverage.

[edit on 11/27/08 by makeitso]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Who?What?When?(which we already know)where??(which we already know as well)and WHY?????

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

The size of the group must be 80-100+... How they did it was through dilligent planning and orchestration... Who they are is still up in the air.

If that report makeitso just posted is correct and they killed the Jewish Rabbi, this definately DOES open up the door for Mossad to get involved. These sorts of things just do not go without retaliation, especially in that part of the world.
I'm beginning to get very worried that blame is being unduely shifted towards Pakistan. If that is the case it is going to open Pakistan up to more attacks and they will also retaliate.

It is true, this is just the beginning of what is to come. This is very, very serious and I'm surprised that this isn't ALL OVER our news here in the States. Today, at the Thanksgiving Dinner, nobody in my family even knew about this. (that shouldn't surprise me though. most of them are do-as-you're-told-sheep.)

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Lashkar-e-Toiba
'Army of the Pure' Are going to be blamed

I know I keep saying this, hint hint

The outfit’s headquarters (200 acres) is located at Muridke, 30 kms from Lahore, which was built with contributions and donations from the Middle East, with Saudi Arabia being the biggest benefactor.

The headquarters houses a Madrassa (seminary), a hospital, a market, a large residential area for ‘scholars’ and faculty members, a fish farm and agricultural tracts. The LeT also reportedly operates 16 Islamic institutions, 135 secondary schools, an ambulance service, mobile clinics, blood banks and several seminaries across Pakistan.

While the primary area of operations of the Lashkar-e-Toiba is Jammu and Kashmir, the outfit has carried out attacks in other parts of India, including in New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Varanasi, Kolkata, Gujarat, etc. It reportedly has cells in many cities/towns outside Jammu and Kashmir.

The LeT has been able to network with several Islamist extremist organizations across India, especially in J&K, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Gujarat. LeT is actively engaged in subversive activities in the States of Maharashtra, West Bengal, Bihar, Hyderabad, Delhi, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh at the instance of ISI to expand the frontier of violence outside J&K by subverting fringe elements. Of all the Pakistan-based terrorist groups, Text

Link

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Raustin]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I agree...nobody here seems to care about it...the mood is that we are fine???Regardless....this is serious!!!
I talked to at least a dozen people today and nobody cared.Its kinda scary when you realize that.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

I just wonder if they actually are behind it. To me, it seems that this could be the worst mistake in history if Pakistan actually carried this out. We have been beating the drum about moving into Pakistan. This is sure fire way to make sure that happens.
I could be wrong, but it seems like a foolish move.

I just heard one of these idiot pundits on THIS site www.cnn.com... say that "Because the Indian Prime Minister has said that these are external forces, he COULD MEAN that they are Pakistanis."...

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Yup, they'll be blamed been saying that since last night. Does not mean they did it though.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
That CNN live feed I linked a bit ago just had some "expert" on the regional conflicts on emphasizing the Kashmir link and the possibility of full-out war with the possibility of Nuclear strikes if this proves to be Pakistani backed.
Not only would India invade, but the U.S. would almost definately follow suit.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I watched the developments unfold yesterday here and via live feeds.

Not sure if anyone has seen this but it was posted yesterday and I just worry, if I were waiting on news of a loved one, if I had seen this and had to find out this way, it would be devastating way to find out.

list of the injured & dead

Tweeter is being criticised due to the amount of fabricated updates made that caused further fear and panic:

tweeting the terror

I don't know about other people, but I eventually clicked the x on the live feeds because I didn't want to see it happen right before my eyes. The images of the railway attack were so gruesome...stomach churning stuff.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I alternate having them up and then down. I think it is important to be all over this one, though. I don't want any more foul-ups... If we can keep people on it, there is less chance of any wool being pulled over people's eyes.

What gets me is the seeming lack of stuff coming through the media. Happening on the Eve and Day of Thanksgiving gives me considerable pause.
Remember how the Georgian conflict kicked off with the opening ceremony of the Olympics? The reason was it was known that people wouldn't be paying attention, giving the MSM a chance to spin it to suit the needs of the American Government.
I'm going to be all over this accusation the Pakistan is behind this one. Especially when the group claiming responsibility seems to come from inside India itself... The difference between the Georgian thing and this one is the extreme volatility in this region. This is the most troublesome conflict in the world considering the fact that both nations are armed with nukes on a 3 minute hair-trigger.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Hi there, it is fearful watching the developments and last night I layed in bed thinking about it. Technology is wonderful, but it certainly has the ability to have the entire World sitting on the edge of our seats biting our nails.

that's a real worry... especially when you mention nukes with 3 minute hair trigger...

I just hope the madness is contained and the region is stabilised asap.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

Is that "University" situated in the Deccan region, I wonder.
It appears that it is, in fact, in the Southern Region of the country.

Bit more about them here , interesting it's addressed from mumbai. And use of RDX .

An Appeal for Conducting Public Enquiry into the Affairs of Bhonsala Military College

To
The President of India
New Delhi
[email protected]

Cc:

The Prime Mister of India
New Delhi
[email protected]
[email protected]

The Home Minister of India
New Delhi
[email protected]

Sub: Appeal for Conducting Public Enquiry into Affairs of Bhonsala Military College (allegedly engaged in terrorist activities) and other Private Military Schools and Colleges

Madam President,

You must be aware that in the recent days one Pragya Singh Thakur from Madhya Pradesh, a "Sadhvi" (Purnachetnagiri), has been arrested by the Maharashtra police, rather its Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS), in connection with a murderous bomb blast carried out on the September 29 last in the vicinity of the Noorani Masjid in Malegaon, a small predominantly Muslim town in Maharashtra near Mumbai. This is definitely not the first time that in India Muslims were the obvious targets of terrorist bombings. But this is the first time, when in such a case, the "suspects" are not Muslims.

This Ms. Thakur is known to have links with various affiliates of the RSS and her level of proximity with the seniormost leaders of the BJP is now being widely speculated upon.

Be that as it may, in the process of media coverage on the issue, the name of an academic institution - the Bhonsala Military College in Nashik – is repeatedly cropping up.

At least three retired army officers have till now been detained by the ATS for having been actively involved, mainly in terms of necessary trainings and supply of the explosives – RDX. And at least one of them, retired Army officer Major Prabhakar Kulkarni, is/was actively engaged with the institute.

As the name itself suggests, this is not an ordinary college. The "Aims and Objectives", as per its website, includes: "To encourage students to take up careers in the Armed Forces of the country." (Ref.: .) In fact to train students for direct recruitments to the armed services or admission into the prestigious National Defence Academy (NDA) is evidently the main focus of the college in Nashik and its branch in Godhni near Nagpur.

The possible involvement of three (retired) senior officers from the armed forces in terrorist activities is in itself pretty disturbing – more so given the fact that all the three are reportedly having links with a major political party. This strongly suggests politicisation of Indian armed forces, particularly its higher ranks. This is no doubt a grave danger signal for Indian democracy, which till now has been able to eschew the predicaments faced by its two largest next-door neighbours.

But still more disturbing is the possibility of the involvement of an institution preparing students years after years for entry into the armed forces, either directly or via the NDA, in terrorist activities propelled by an ideology – the ideology of establishing a "Hindu Rashtra" in India by dismantling the secular democratic Indian nation state. That the institute in the past reportedly hosted programmes for the Bajrang Dal tends to make the things look even more sinister. It would be pertinent to note here that the institute is run by the Central Hindu Military Education Society founded by (late) Dr.B.S.Moonje, a co-founder of the RSS, once President of the Hindu Mahasabha, an ardent fan of the Italian Fascists and a staunch proponent of "militarisation of India".

In view of the serious implications of what have been described above and consequent grave threats to Indian democracy and basic human rights of the Indian people, you are earnestly requested to direct the government of India promptly institute a thorough public enquiry into the affairs and conduct of the said institute and also all other private military schools and colleges in the country.

Hope you will readily appreciate the urgency and kindly oblige.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely

Sukla Sen
EKTA (Committee for Communal Amity)
Mumbai

Encl: Two

Edit : Forgot link

www.sacw.net...

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join