It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Under Terror Attack! At least ten people killed in Mumbai shootings: TV (now 125 +)

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
I still find it odd that they are implicating the LeT.

According to several news reports one of the captured terrorists (from the Taj?) admitted to being LeT.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Yeah, I keep hearing that they captured a Pakistani. The report I saw in particular was mentioning capturing three terrorists, one of which was a Pakistani. I wonder if it could be a joint effort. The cops seem to think there is a local element based on the fact that the Nariman House was known to have been staked out beforehand and chosen for its fortification aspects.
Same with all of these targets. They are easily defensible.
Just now, fresh fire at the Taj Hotel.

Also realize that I've seen several reports claiming this to be Al Qaeda, and that apparently is not true. I've even seen one report claiming these are Iranians.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

Actually maybe not.. and that's the sad truth of it all.. In the 2001
parliamentary attacks , the Indian politicos got a 'real feel' for the kind of terror that India suffers from. Until then they only faced 'pressure' to act in response to terror attacks in far flung locations of the country.

IMHO, the 2001 mobilization was purely because the Indian politicos 'woke up' (wetting their pants) to what terror REALLY is, and thus wanted the 'reaction' to be realistic as well.
The 2001 mobilizations were completely politically motivated, and the armed forces just needed the thumbs up, since they (armed forces) have been itching for long due payback since Kargil and since loads of other instances proxy war ops carried out by Pakistan and Bangladesh.

I give an example of this itch:

Few years back and Indian Army Colonel was captured(on the Indian Side) by Bangladeshi army regulars, paraded around on a horizontal pole with his hands n feet tied to it (tiger poaching style) and then returned gutted and tortured (dead) to India. There was nothing holding the Indian Army Div Commander back from ordering an obliterative air strike (Bangladesh is seriously inferior to India in military tech) on the Bangladeshi base these activities were carried out at, EXCEPT the fact that India is a democracy and political approval is required.. It never came..

The Israelis (and a whole lot of other countries) would've done otherwise. This is just one instance. Pakistan and other non friendly neighbors of India have been engaging in a proxy war of a 'Thousand Needle Pricks' as opposed to a 'sword fight', because that is a easy and effective way to eat away at a formidable foe.

The Armed Forces are ready, believe me. With strategies, tactics, reasons and resolve..
One just needs to consider if this escalates to the nuclear threshold; because if it does, then millions will die..

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Daedalus3]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I dont think they will give up so easily. Sometime secret must be going on behind the scenes. They must be planning something now. No one will fight for 20 hours and end up in defeat after so much planning.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hitmen

I agree. This is a statement. We know that they had a BUNCH, and maybe still do, of powerful explosives. If this was just a mass-casualty event, they would have planted explosives and been done with it.
They are holding for a reason. I don't think it is a diversion, I think it is a statement that SOMEONE is bringing full-out war to India.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Some reports say that the terrorists were speaking in 'Punjabi', a language common to North India and Pakistan. Punjab was a state that was split into two (Pak Punjab and India Punjab) during partition.

Now Deccan Mujahideen has nothing to do with North India, it is an outfit that geographically considers itself to operate in the Deccan regions (Central, western, south) of India..
If Deccan Mujahideen operatives are speaking Punjabi, then they most certainly do not come from central/western/south India. Maybe they come from North India (Punjab) but that is about it.
Punjabi is a very common language in Pakistan.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

If the attack is being carried out by the University mentioned earlier, it could explain the varying nationalities/regionalities of the attackers.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I have just returned from holiday festivities and I am surprised to hear they are preparing the "final assault"!?!?!?!? They have been saying this since last night? Also with all of these final assaults and hostage releases taking place and apparently the death count remains steady ...for nearly 24 hours?!?!?!

I would appreciate any new info I am catching up!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
How about the lady that went missing during the attacks last night who's mobile phone has been tracked to Raigarh?

I wonder if her phone was taken by one of the 20 terrorists that escaped. If she has simply fled, I don't understand why she is nearly all the way on the other side of the country in just a short time without contacting her family.

Toi Sabina is the lady's name. I'm not sure who she is, but she sounds important. Anyhow, she went missing last night from the sixth floor of the Taj Hotel. Her room was found ablaze...
Her cell phone signal has been traced to Raigarh, which is quite a ways off to the East. Nearly to Bangladesh.
Well, it appears she is a food critic. Still weird though that her phone has been traced so far away and she hasn't called her family. If anything, her phone was taken by one of the escaping terrorists. On the move towards Bangledesh?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
NDTV reported 2 of the terrorists were guests in the hotel and 2 others took jobs at the hotel 2 days before the attacks

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I apologize.. I missed out on this university bit.. Which university would that be?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Still fighting going on in at least three locations. The Nariman House, The Taj Hotel (15-20 hostages still inside and police still looking for terrorists) and the Oberoi Hotel.

British Forces are there, Israelis in route. Don't know what role they'll play, if any, but they are moving.
I doubt this "final stage" stuff myself. I also don't trust the casualty count at all.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

Read this email. www.sacw.net...
The interesting thing about this is that one of the dudes at the college was threatened by the ATS a while back in an investigation into another attack. He told them to screw off, basically and dared them to arrest him...
Note in the email that they suspect him of supplying these kids with weapons and RDX explosives.

Oh yeah, the college is located in Southern India.
Well, closer to "central" India, but it is in the Southern Half of the country. In the Deccan Plateau. Bhonsala Military College in Nashik

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Text RedText naval commandos = MARCOS[indian navy commandos]Text Black 45 naval commandos+200 nsg are conducting the operations

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Oh, there is also this one, in conjunction... www.tribuneindia.com...

This information was brought to us by Gun Totin Gerbil back on page 67.
Great find, imo.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Casualty count has to be pretty off. 125 dead? No way with this level of precision. They basically took an entire city hostage.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
By my reckoning, they have simply stopped updating it. And they did so a long time back.
The 125 number was reached very early on and it simply hasn't risen at all.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

If I recall correctly, 125 was the number just 5 hours into this mess. You're right, it does not seem to be updated at all.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Yeah, and I've heard reports that the Oberoi and Taj Hotel's stairwells are full of bodies.

It is going to go very high. If we ever even hear the count.
I just heard that one NSG died in the Nariman House and now one "very high ranking officer" died in the Taj Hotel.

These guys are picking apart the top brass as they go.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
So, going by this , and I know it's only somebodys opinion.

We are tired of BJP and Sangh Parivar befooling Hindus over one issue or the other. Now they are seeking funds from people on the pretext of providing legal aid to the Malegaon blast accused. We strictly condemn the act and the accused involved in the act," he said.

Maintaining that ABHM is not supportive of the Malegaon blast and other acts of terrorism, he termed BJP as "an opportunist political party playing politics over terrorism".

On the other hand, national president of ABHM, Chandra Prasad Kaushik, alleged the BJP was working to pit Hindus and Muslims against each other over "irrelevant terrorism issue" so that L K Advani can become the prime minister.

Seems this BJP are running on an anti terrorism campaign for this election , this latest event not only ensuring a main opponent gets killed in the course of events ..one who had more suspects to name about the earlier bombing , but in the ensuing clamour for more stringent anti terrorist laws ...more likely to vote this BJP party in . That is if they are involved of course . And that part about having people in high places in the military and political circles ...just what you need when you want to ensure certain parties are in the right place at the right time to get conveniently taken out by a random bullet in the chaos. Also ensures these police don't take floor plans with them when they raid the building too.

Edit : forgot link again.

Link

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join