It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Under Terror Attack! At least ten people killed in Mumbai shootings: TV (now 125 +)

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

Way to keep on 'em, man.
"
At least three retired army officers have till now been detained by the ATS for having been actively involved, mainly in terms of necessary trainings and supply of the explosives – RDX. And at least one of them, retired Army officer Major Prabhakar Kulkarni, is/was actively engaged with the institute.
"
That is big stuff right there. I am starting to find it very likely that this is the organization behind these attacks.

Is there a date in there?
Nevermind, found it. 30Oct. Less than one month old.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It's interesting how much of the reporting is working their reports to concern "Pakistan" as a country rather then an organization "within the country of Pakistan".

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Todays from page says

'' Alqaeda trained terrorists, who arrived by boat from the persian gulf ''

.... can we all spell FEAR?

Alqaeda = 911
Persian = Iran

an attempt for the ignorant to be swayed.

I said this before, and ill say it again,
this was militia from the afghan/pakistan border
sending a message to pakistan to stop letting the US strike them.

Militia: we will stir up something between you and india if you dont back down by sending in suicide squads under the pakistani flag forcing India to retaliate.

If it doesnt work, at the very least it pushes Pakistan to take its eye of the ball in regards to the taliban, and focus on the india mess.

Alqaeda wouldnt hit India,and this is not Alqeada, because alqaeda wouldnt stay alive long enough to negotiate.

The bomb blasts at the pakistani munitions factory a few months back is probably the source of the weapons.
Would pakistan tell us if crate loads of Guns, RDX were taken?

As for the claim of responsibility, any nerd with an internet connection can create a claim of responsibility.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by Thurisaz

I alternate having them up and then down. I think it is important to be all over this one, though. I don't want any more foul-ups... If we can keep people on it, there is less chance of any wool being pulled over people's eyes.

What gets me is the seeming lack of stuff coming through the media. Happening on the Eve and Day of Thanksgiving gives me considerable pause.
Remember how the Georgian conflict kicked off with the opening ceremony of the Olympics? The reason was it was known that people wouldn't be paying attention, giving the MSM a chance to spin it to suit the needs of the American Government.
I'm going to be all over this accusation the Pakistan is behind this one. Especially when the group claiming responsibility seems to come from inside India itself... The difference between the Georgian thing and this one is the extreme volatility in this region. This is the most troublesome conflict in the world considering the fact that both nations are armed with nukes on a 3 minute hair-trigger.

Lets just hope if it comes to nukes they use the correct size ones and don't screw over the entire planet.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

You're right, that is deliberate Fear-Mongering. I disagree that it is an organization from the Afghan and Paki boarder, but the reality is still unknown.
In any event, Mumbai is a Port-City. It only makes sense to move in from the Sea. Other than that, there is no way of knowing which direction they came from, as this was a surprise attack.
However, the Persian Gulf is "right down the road", so to speak. Considering the volatility in the entire region and the wars there, I could see why some would make that connection.
The only person I spoke to about it today that knew anything about it could only come up with "the Muslims have claimed responsibility for it."... That was just about the extent of our conversation on it.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I agree, the way they moved in from the sea on rubber tuggers took up positions and stormed buildings... isnt a rag tag mob.
I wouldnt say they had training in urban warfare, but they had experience, guts.. and drugs!

the main reasoning i think they are a militia from pakistan/afghan border, is they were talking and negotiating for a while.
meaning they had a message to tell someone, and the captured one already said he was from Pakistan!

Now, the pakistani government wouldnt send in men to be captured and dob, likewise, some rural people wouldnt want to start crap with india again, being they probably fought them before.

so that leaves the afghan border militia as the only 'pakistani's' who would gain from dropping pakistan's government in the crap!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Props to Raustin!!

CNN is reporting with their "experts" that the LET is behind this.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I knew it. Only group that meats the requirements. Only group that could be blamed, and believable.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I have to disagree. It seems to me that these people have extensive Urban training.
www.sacw.net...

It is pretty firm in my mind that the people in the above e-mail are responsible. Which means that the group claiming responsibility is not lying about it. I could be wrong, though.

Edit to add - I would like to reiterate that I believe anyone willing to be walk into what will become open combat on two fronts (from India and Afghanistan) is a fool. I just don't buy it. Nah, I think they were negotiating for other purposes.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
LeT website:Link

See if they claim anything...

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Raustin]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Here is an interesting and relevant news article within that site...

www.jamatdawah.org...
I didn't see anything with any mention of their involvement in India, though.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The Israeli Ambassador to the United States is reporting on CNN that Israel has sent people towards Mumbai awaiting further requests from the Indian Government in regards to what assistance they can give.

Anyone have any info in regards to anything the Pakistani Government has to say about this?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Just minutes ago, @ 9pm ET a helicopter landed army commandos on top of the Nariman house which housed the Jewish Families

Hope they do the Job, hearing explosions now on Live tv

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
According to the live report I'm watching, top police officials are speculating that there must be a local element to the attacks due to the knowledge of fortifiable positions the "terrorists" have taken hold of. He concludes that the Meriman House was staked out before the operation began and was chosen because it is easily fortifiable.

Also confirms that according to eyewitnesses inside of the Nariman House, it was occupied by "four or five" terrorists. As speculated, this brings the estimated force size to at least 80.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
That looked like a british helicopter , red circle , with inner white and blue centre . Maybe SAS ? Might not be british thou, I don't know much about helicopter insignia, flags etc.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

Could be. I heard a few minutes back that it was confirmed that the British sent in Naval comandos.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The insigna in the helicopter is the Indian Naval Helicopter

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by arc_mar
Just minutes ago, @ 9pm ET a helicopter landed army commandos on top of the Nariman house which housed the Jewish Families

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Anybody got a live feed? Mine just went down.
First it went off for about 30 seconds and now it is just gone!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
link to live feed

ibnlive.in.com...

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join