It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Under Terror Attack! At least ten people killed in Mumbai shootings: TV (now 125 +)

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Supposed live feed. I can't get it to work.

timesnow.tv...

Live twittering on the scene

twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by shmo5

Yeah, metropolitan investigators - mostly likely SO-13. If anti-terrorist police are being sent then S0-13 will implemented by the Indian forces.

What is SO-13?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
So is this stuff still going on now? Sky News says there's a shootout at the Jewish Center?

Can anyone confirm that?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

Yes, operations still ongoing in at least three locations. The Taj Hotel, the Oberoi Hotel and the Mariman House. Reports of Israeli forces on standby awaiting Indian Government requests. British Forces on scene.

Just now that people are waving a white flag out of the Nariman house.

If, in fact, this is a white flag of surrender, it is a pretty strong indication that these people were NOT Al Qaeda and that, in fact, these people intend to come out alive.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Still don't understand why people said that the Brits and others wouldn't be involved with helping. What element of the British forces, assuming the Marines?

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Raustin]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by A55A551N

Yes, operations still ongoing in at least three locations. The Taj Hotel, the Oberoi Hotel and the Mariman House. Reports of Israeli forces on standby awaiting Indian Government requests. British Forces on scene.

Just now that people are waving a white flag out of the Mariman house.

If, in fact, this is a white flag of surrender, it is a pretty strong indication that these people were NOT Al Qaeda and that, in fact, these people intend to come out alive.

Which is what I said last night, they're showing NO indications of "A.Q" techniques whatsoever.

But the Taj and Oberoi are still going on? - They informed us on Sky News Earlier that both those "Seiges" had ended?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Naval Comandos are the exact words I heard reported about half an hour ago.
They may only be in there in an advisory capacity. I haven't heard anything else on it, but I did hear that Israel has people en-route and the Israeli Government is just waiting for request as to specifics.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
According to THIS feed ibnlive.in.com... they are increasing Army outside of Oberoi and moving the media back... As of right now. And something is still going on at Taj.

I believe the hostage crisis is over, though.

However, I don't know exactly what to believe at this point. Anyone else notice the casualty count hasn't been updated in like 20 hours?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I'm still worried there are going to be some big booms after all this clears up.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

I know that the Taj Hotel is absolutely huge and they are still searching for the "terrorists" inside there, with 15-20 Hostages remaining. I would be shocked if they hadn't laid traps by now.

Edit for a side note: I've been reading the ticker at the bottom that mentions a local shopkeeper is saying these terrorists purchased like 50K worth of provisions three days before the seige.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Okay they're now saying 15-20 hostages could still be inside the Taj.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Now reporting total ineptitude at the Indian Government level. The NSG was sent in three hours late and had no layout plans for their targets. Misreports on weapons. Completely unaware of their situation.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Also reporting the "General Manager"?? Of the Taj hotel and two kids lost their lives, in the hotel fire?

Showing both sieges at the Nariman House and Taj Hotel.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by A55A551N]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

50k worth of provisions? Love how that fails to ring the alarm bells.

WOW

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

I was thinking the same thing. Not only did they have control rooms in the Hotels, but apparently they had rented a home nearby. I still find it odd that they are implicating the LeT. The top police officials on the scene were reported saying they suspect local involvement.

I would also imagine that if it WERE the LeT, they would be claiming it.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Same here. LeT is the easiest to blame as they seem to have the most influence and resources in the area.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I may have missed it if anyone mentioned it before but the ATS chief that was killed received a death threat saying his house would be blown up "within a couple of days." on the 24th. story

An Indian Express reporter SMSed him asking him if this was true or if he had anything to say. His reply: just a smiley.

Sound off to anyone else?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Well China didn't do anything when Pak army regulars invaded Indian Kashmir in 1999. And the Chinese didn't do much in 2001 as well.
China cannot do much in its Kashmir area, because they have minimalistic logistical capabilities there.. Though they can do some serious political arm twisting..

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
*Notes that it was 50,000 rupee's and if I did my calculations correct, that is about 2,500 American dollars worth of dried foods and such...

Still an awful lot of provisions.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

I wonder if it has anything to do with THIS email www.sacw.net...

Look into this group. I still believe these guys are the ones responsible.

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join