It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My family, including myself, has a history of alien abduction

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
cali, really, dont worry about the posts ...

there are a lot of people that come here to create some dramatic encounter with ghosts/ufos/aliens and stuff ... its hard to believe because there are no proof and we will never have proof ... I didnt read all the comments but just dont worry, if your experiencies are legit, well ... there's nothing much you can do ... I know you want to find the truth just like everybody else ... but here you wont find any answers, maybe paths but nothing 100%

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by calihan123

Originally posted by SkepticalSteve
Have any of your experiences made you feel watched over? Kind of protected? I've narrowly escaped death on many occasions.

ok the fact you just said that sent chills up my spine. YES. I have escaped death so many times i started telling me mom i thought i had someone or something looking after me. its abnormal how many times i shouldve been killed and wasnt. whether it was at the last minute changing my mind out of nowhere about getting in a car with my friends , who ended up dying in a car crash (that happened many times), or other incidents.. there were so many times where i had a bad feeling and i didnt go, and something horrible happened everytime i had that feeling. Ive also never really been sick at all. Never a broken bone or sprain. Not even a scratch . Even as a baby my mom fell down the stairs while holding me, and i didnt have one bruise or scratch on me

[edit on 5-11-2008 by calihan123]

wow, what do you mean, that happened many times
do u really have some much friends? and they all were killed? wtf ... thats super strange you know ...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
there are a lot of people saying about abductions, set up a spy cam or something, maybe they will stop...someone with children ... set up in their rooms and dont they them ....

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

I understand where you are coming from. I really do. It's critical minds like yours that make ATS such an amazing place. I consider you a friend here because you are a very well grounded individual who does the research if such a thing is required. The problem is is that there's so much back and forth talk here that those that want to share their stories can't express themselves as fluently or with as much ease. I believe everyone should be held to credibility including myself. I think it's possible I myself have been abducted but mine are more physical signs. Though I'm still not entirely convinced by any means. Would it be possible to create another thread with the counter points? I'm not sure how it would play out but it would stop all the back and forth interference.

link   
These are extremely simple devices. Don't own that myself, but I have better use for my money than doing something that has never worked before. Instead, I have considering designing my own crop circle, a no nonsense sign, and hanging it out the door at night and pinning it to my son.
My basic premise is, positive visitors should knock on the door and join you for tea.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by mystiq]

[edit on 6-11-2008 by mystiq]

link   
alright now im just insulted.

ive been called a liar, a mental patient, a schizzo, and that i need a therapist.

i am no longer commenting on this post.

Eating disorders exist in todays youth. Maybe not when YOU people were young, but im 21, and in my age group there are many many eating disorders. dont try and make it look like that has ANYthing to do with seeing aliens. that is so irrelevant its just kind of dumb to even think of that as being any connection

as far as my family goes, and my mom, she never denied anything. over time however she kept experiencing a lot of things and didnt want to scare me in particular because i was the youngest, so she said she was just dreaming. my brothers would tell me what was going on with my mom, but when i would ask her she would say "oh no i was just dreaming" even though she hid a lof of things from me out of fear of scaring me.

why on earth do you keep asking me to prove myself to you. you trust everyone else's words on this site but every word that comes out of my mouth you question.

im really insulted. and i hope you can treat other people that share a similar story better than you treated me.

goodnite.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Sorry it took me so long to reply I wasn't on ATS for a bit.
I believe my blood type to be AB+

Love the new disinfo tactics guys!
So now when do the questions come for me?
Have I talked to my therapist about it? Am I schizophrenic or Bi polar?
Maybe you want to know what my priest think of it?

It would save you alot of typing if you just called everyone who had opinions different from yours crazy, thats only five letters and alot simpler to spell.

No wonder people don't bother to talk about experiences like this.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Can we stop talking about her mental state, it's been going on since the beginning of the thread, and it's getting really annoying for all sides. There is nothing more to say.

Learn some respect.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

well said.

to others: wether you believe something to be true or not you should not assume people are crazy just because you have not seen or experienced something simular.

things do happen, and they are real. whatever they are.

i know somebody who was driving late at night, he was driving through a dark wooded area, and saw something. nobody knows what, they only know he saw something, he got home white as a sheet and trembling, when he calmed down and regained his composure, he told everyone he did'nt want to talk about it, and he did'nt want anybody to ask or mention it ever again.

its frustrating i'd really like to know what happened to him. ive dropped suttle hints ever since to see if i can spark of a conversation about it every once in a while, but he dos'nt want to, and changes the subject.

whatever happened was 100% real to him, you could tell with his reaction that night.

my point is wether they are real or not, people have these experiences and they are real to them. lets try to understand them and find out what causes them. they can happen to anybody at any moment, even disbelievers as it did that night i mentioned.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform
my point is wether they are real or not, people have these experiences and they are real to them. lets try to understand them and find out what causes them. they can happen to anybody at any moment, even disbelievers as it did that night i mentioned.

But in trying to find out what happens, you are saying to completely disregard the idea that the human mind could be fabricating the entire thing? Talk about Denying Ignorance!

Look through the threads here in the Gray Area, are there people in each one questioning the why of everything? No. It only happens when the details of the story become so complex and frankly at odds with each other that the story can no longer support itself and the credibility of the authour of the thread comes into question.

The Authour of this thread has..

Both stated she doesn't have a mental illness to saying she does.

Both stated that it wouldn't be surprising if her father came from Israel to claiming with certainty that he does.

Both stated that she has never had a physical injury to her body and yet has multiple piercings and several scars on her forehead and chin from acne.

Both that her mother that her mother denies everything that has happened and her mother does NOT deny everything that has happened.

These are FOUR inconsistencies to her story that are verifiably inacurate information because they contradict themselves.

There is so much more information, as I have pointed out in this thread already, but when does the rule about 'knowingly posting information that you know to be false' kick in?

When someone tells their story here, it is told with the purpose of VETTING that information, it says so at the top of every thread. This information has been vetted, and the conclusion that -I- have drawn for myself is that she is not a credible person and as such, her story holds no water.

She should not be allowed to continue posting her incredible stories.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You are the most ignorant , unbelievably rude person i think ive ever talked to in my entire life.

Im ignorning you as of now.

The fact you would say "she has piercings and acne"

are you kidding me?

I have the clearest skin of everyone i know, and ive had my nose and lip pierced.. how in gods name is that an injury?

You know what, im reporting you to the moderators.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Moderator-Note. Please review the purpose of this Forum in the header:

The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Moderator-Note. Please review the purpose of this Forum in the header:

Yes, thank you. I have read it. I would like to humbly suggest that every question asked, every point raised, is an attempt to 'vet' the story as told by the thread starter.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yes alright. But be nice and allow for some leeway.

End Mod-Note.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I agree that one should at least try to be nice and polite towards other members here at ATS, but this is actually the definition of the concept "vetting":

vetting
One entry found.
Main Entry: vet
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): vet·ted; vet·ting
Date: 1891
1 a: to provide veterinary care for (an animal) or medical care for (a person) b: to subject (a person or animal) to a physical examination or checkup
2 a: to subject to usually expert appraisal or correction b: to evaluate for possible approval or acceptance

www.merriam-webster.com...

How is it possible to "evaluate for possible acceptance" without being allowed to ask also critical questions?

If people are not allowed to do this, I think ATS should change the description of the purpose of the Gray Area.

(Edit to add link)

[edit on 6/11/08 by ziggystar60]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Remember that personal attacks are uncalled for and we must remain on the topic of discussion.
If you chose not to adhere to these basic tenets of respect then please bow out.

And as far as the constant requests for proof...
No one here has to prove anything to you, this IS NOT a court of law.
If you don't believe it, then so be it, then go elsewhere, Plain and Simple.

The concept of reincarnation segues with what you're describing here as well as why your entire family is involved.
Guardian angels do exist and Ive had several near death episodes only to be told that I've more to accomplish in this realm.
Have you ever had yourself regressed to your past lives ?
That would reveal quite a bit of what you're currently encountering, as well as your relationships with your family.

As a scientist, I find it very interesting and intriguing in that we as a species have much to learn yet and don't know everything as many would want us to believe.

Just the fact that extraterrestrials can travel interstellar distances when our system of space travel is not all that unlike that of a bullet propelled by exploding gunpowder is demonstrative of how much we have yet to learn.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
Remember that personal attacks are uncalled for and we must remain on the topic of discussion.
If you chose not to adhere to these basic tenets of respect then please bow out.

And as far as the constant requests for proof...
No one here has to prove anything to you, this IS NOT a court of law.
If you don't believe it, then so be it, then go elsewhere, Plain and Simple.

If you will review my points, you will see that I have not asked for 'proof', as she has already said she doesn't have any. The evidence that suggests a fraud are the inconsistancies in her story.

There haven't been any personal attacks on my part. Pointong out acne scars is different than saying something to the point of "You are horribly disfigured from acne." On the contrary, she is a highly attractive young woman, but not without her flaws, as pointed out.

Saying someone has a mental illness.. when they have already confirmed this point.. is different than saying "YOU'RE CRAZY!!", and that hasn't happened in this thread for pages and pages, and never by anyone with anything interesting to say.

Simply making observations is neither a personal attack nor uncalled for here. If people cannot tell the difference, they may not be ready to share their stories.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

So you claim you are a scientist that believes in reincarnation?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join