It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Packs of robots will hunt down uncooperative humans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
this is really insane...and scary....

i don't know what to think. but it doesn't seem impossible.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

If they send robots that are man controlled, then there are people with the technology and knowledge that can hijack those control signals and take over those bots and possible turn them on their masters, or at least neutralize them. Think of it like hackers taking over your computer using your broadband wireless signal, which is easily possible. It works on the same principle, just on a more technological scale.

I'm willing to bet anything they have already thought of that. The one thing we could hope for is that the first batch unleashed are easy to hijack. It could be possible for the first batch to be slightly less advanced. Just to keep everyone frightened and things going while the more advanced units are being prepared.

They would have to build mass amounts of these robots. Where would they do it without the public knowing? Area 51? Underground somewhere? Then all these would have to be transported before they are unleashed. Surely someone would see this and alert others.

The other thing I was thinking was that it could be possible that other types of robotic devices such as unmanned probes or drones or whatever they are called could be used to hand off further signals to robots on the ground from the skies. So if something like this was to happen, a person should keep their eyes peeled to the skies. Yet at the same time with the technology available this could be done from space. So then we would be hooped.

A person could hope a screwup in the manufacturing end. Especially if robots were being mass produced. Malfunctions happen all the time. I guess we will never know until it happens and then only if we are able to take one down. So we can take it apart to see how it was made and how it works.

[edit on 10/25/2008 by BindareDundat]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
if these things ever become a threat to humans, no worries, just hide somewhere and wait for their batteries to run out.
then go about your business.

but seriously, as mentioned, it has to start somewhere. but i don't see robots taking over before overunity is finally revealed to the masses.

__ edit to include video:

i've seen this video way back, but the picture in the article made me look for it again. if you haven't seen here it is:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 25-10-2008 by jaden_x]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Well, if they are built in America using the same standards applied to the car industry, I'm not the least bit concerned. But if they build them in Japan, we're doomed.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I like this. The black market will pay very well for these items...

And then you can reconfigure them into scooters, sentries, auto-driving vehicles with the computer, energy storage units....

And then I can make one all steampunked!!
WOOT!!

[edit on 25-10-2008 by Hiatus]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'm more terrified of killer germs / super bugs than of this scenario.

At the end of the day, a robot you can fight, makes plans, test weapons. Super Bugs, microscopic organisms are the weapons I dread.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

Now there is a weapon the robots could use.

Would be a totally different scenario than Terminator eh?

[edit on 10/25/2008 by BindareDundat]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Its a good thing that the robots they use now only walk a few miles an hour. As long as you keep moving they cant catch you. Or just jump in a river. "Lets see your robot swim!"

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
Well, if they are built in America using the same standards applied to the car industry, I'm not the least bit concerned. But if they build them in Japan, we're doomed.

Too late lol check this one, from japan,
out

www.youtube.com...

Mod edit: Fixed Utube link

[edit on 10/25/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkice19

Its a good thing that the robots they use now only walk a few miles an hour. As long as you keep moving they cant catch you. Or just jump in a river. "Lets see your robot swim!"

Unless I am mistaken, unmanned machines can fly and unmanned machines can operate underwater. It would depend on how badly they want you and what they are willing to unleash on you.

Although I am not aware of underwater robotic devices that operate without the use of a connected cable. You never know there could be one.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

That's all fine and dandy on pavement. Did you see how that thing wobbled when it moved around? I would like to see them try that thing on rough terrain.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Ah, something else to look forward to. One of the things that bothered me the most is how they said things like "hunt down humans like a pack of dogs", that is kind of disturbing. I guess we know what they think of the average human as. . .

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
looks like i dont mind having the second amendment evoked anymore. we need NEW weapons yeaaa!! like.....like EMP's!!! or we could use a god given tool and just piss on em.

sorry folks but i cant take this serious. i hate fighting humans because we are all one. but an inanimate object id be more than happy to fight especially because it would be WITH other humans! we need robots to unite humanity so i say bring it bia!!

it would be cool cuz we would have to get creative. like someone run past a checkpoint n then the robot follow and people could pull a string across the road and trip it. then we could axe it to death. now thats a gold-plated plan if i ever heard one!

OH OH and remote control airplane DOGFIGHTS!!!! BOO YA!!

any additional ideas?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I will shoot anything that tries to "hunt me down".

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Robots and technology have a long way to go before they are threats to humans. I like conspiracy theories, but get real.

Robots don't have instinct, which is our prime survival technique, they also don't have feelings or brains.

Within the next 50 years, they will never be able to outsmart us or hunt us down. They won't be able to compete with intelligent humans who made them.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I like the latest version. Even though it is still in beta... Watch the following video:

link: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 25-10-2008 by tedpi]

Mod edit: Fixed Utube link.

[edit on 10/25/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Just yesterday I was talking with my roomate and said that the tech in Fahrenheit 451 was more or less realized minus the singke-minded kill-robot-dog...things.

Well, that was a shortlived statement.

edit: I desire salamander trucks. Go forth scientists with an apparent abundance of free time, go forth and make it so!

[edit on 10/25/0808 by spines]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This is a very interesting topic to see, Kudos to the person who
started this thread. As for this stuff actually happening in the near
future, I highly doubt this technology will become far enough to become
a dangerous threat to any human. It still looks in it's baby stages anyways,
just my 2 cents.

Bye,
Mox

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BindareDundat
reply to post by Darthorious

That's all fine and dandy on pavement. Did you see how that thing wobbled when it moved around? I would like to see them try that thing on rough terrain.

Ya I know but when I realized it had weapons and actually had a "pilot" inside the thing controling it all I could think was how long before they stablize it with a few gyros and get it moving a bit quicker.

Besides it's Japan by the time everyone was ahhing and oohhing at HD TV's they already had one the thickness of 2 sheets of paper you could place in your wallet. So who knows how long it will be before these things become feesable and I want one lol...

Reminds me too much of the AT-AT walkers on star wars.

What I would like to see is someone kick the dog on a steep declining cliff to see if it can keep from tumbling down the thing. Plus you could just jump on it's back and ride it over rough terain which might be kind of fun depending on how fast it goes.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
What makes any of you think that the robots need to "go awol" to start hunting down humans? We are doing it now in Iraq and Afghanistan with soldiers at the kill switch. Young soldiers, and we all know how those young people are now days, self centered, no morals. If the order was given to them to kill a bunch of us, who is to say that they might just do it? Hey, just sayin ! Could happen.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join