It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Packs of robots will hunt down uncooperative humans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
made with the telsa energy these thing could feed off the energy in the environment so they would last longer because when they stop they are actually recharging the battery

i better stop because i am scaring myself

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
To deploy a pack of robotic dogs or hunters of any kind upon any human being is depraved in the extreme.

We the People, Congress, the judicial system, the states, need to wake up and limit what those who would reduce the rest of society to nothing more than walking meat are allowed to do.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is why i like this site, someone always post something retarded thats worth a few good laughs!

Been watchin terminator a lil much?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Already a thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Many years ago, I started working on a theory that lead to the creation of cyborg armies. The scope of the theory incorporates a large amount of technology being worked on. At the time, a lot of it was still sci-fi theoretical technology. However, tech has really caught up with sci-fi to the point that even sci-fi has to now push the limits of imagination just to stay beyond the scope of theory.

Cybornetic Super Soldies:
This starts with the advances in portable computer technology. A Canadian computer genious created the first wearable portable computer. Version 1 looked like something right off the Borg Cube. It has advanced to the point of a pair of sunglasses fitted with a HUD type mini-screen, the cpu, memory, storage, power and accessories are miniaturized to be worn on a belt that can be hidden under a moderate jacket. The mouse is worn on the wrist or belt and the keyboard is a flexiboard on the arm or virtual on-screen k/b.
Satellite tracking and GPS mapping has mapped and digitized every square inch of the planet and are capable of pinpointing a specific individual using given general location patterns, then confirming through unique facial recognition or movement patterns. The process takes only minutes and has a near flawless accuracy rate. This all takes place from a remote console using an orbiting satellite in space.
RFID and digital device GPS allow for constant movement tracking and can be expanded to locate a single signal anywhere from the upper atmosphere to limited ocean depths. Devices are capable of storing and recording personal individual data and storing it to flash or solid state memory on regular updates. This can include real-time updates to monitor vital signs, movement patterns, spending habits and emotional states.
A man that was born with sight, later is blinded in an accident. Science is able to restore his sight with digital implants that connect, via a data wire connecting the cortex to a "jack" in his head. A simple connector links a visual recorder (worn like glasses) to the implant and allows the man to see digital representations of the world around him, even allowing him to drive a car with surprising accuracy.
Soldiers returning from Iraq after loosing 1 or both legs have been fitted with robotic prosthetics that use blue-tooth technology to monitor the movement rates of one another, allowing the man to once again walk, even run, with only moderately increased effort.
Japan creates a bio-mech suit that increases the strength of the wearer by a factor of up to 10.
A Canadian inventor creates a soldier uniform that offers a variety of tools and protective devices, while not inhibiting movement. Addons include super mace and bullet proof armor, but can be outfitted with tasers or other stun/kill devices. The helmet offers a HUD that can aid in tracking and targetting, as well as monitor environmental or vital data.
Reflective technology is advancing to trial levels allowing bio-suits to refract light in such a manner as to obscure the visual presence of the person in the suit.
Thermal imaging and nightvision technology have long been the gold standard for finding hidden enemies. Coupled with Microwave stun/kill devices, and there is actually no place to hide from a vehicle equipped with this technology.

Technology will continue to advance, but this is where it stands today. This can all be incorporated into a single super soldier cybornetic unit that relies on both human and computer technology to carry out a mission. Incorporate the tried and true, tested and proven brainwashing techniques used by the military and government goon squads and a person can literally be programmed to follow only the narrow scope of their "handlers", all the while coupling the reactive and adaptive insticts of the human brain/body.

The next phase is to upgrade the protective measures. If shield technology every takes off, there is nothing that will stand in the way of a military organization holding the leash of these soldiers. Very little humanity comes into play. They are armed, protected, stronger, faster, stealthier, and programmed to complete their mission at any and ALL cost.

There is your Terminator End of Days Revelations Domination End Times reality. These robots that are on youtube and the news are distractions from what they are actually creating. You are not supposed to be informed on what they are creating for the military, only what they are creating for Matel (so to speak). Remember, every weapon that "just hit the market" was tested for years by special forces soldiers around the world.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by musclefreak

It seems you haven't been paying much attention. This is already a reality with one difference: the current technology uses aerial drones. The use of land based drones is not a far stretch once the technological obstacles are solved.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BindareDundat
reply to post by antar

Whoa that car can dance.
Amazing what we can do to make things look real eh.
If I saw that...um...now you see me. Now you don't. ~gone~

Here is another one you just might enjoy!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I read this and just went *GASP*!

This is just so advanced and I the first thing that came to my mind was (Apart from the obvious Terminator starting music
) Can it tell the difference between an unarmed civilian maybe just working on their farm or such, compared to an armed guerrilla?

Sure in some situations which I read up on, such as guards at prisons, it may be a good solution. Since armed with stunners/tasers, they would be able to prevent escapes or such, and wouldn't torture or punish people if they didn't like them. (Unless programmed to).

But here we are talking about things from movies, such as terminator and Star Wars. I mean I guess it shouldn't amaze me too much, as some of the toys they got these days are quite advanced.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by one2hatePacks of robots will hunt down uncooperative humans

So how long before some computer hacker gets in and gives it a list of targets?

errr I have this list here.....

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
by far the scariest on yet.........
just think what the gov has.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Don't forget about Tetra Vaal. How long will it be until one of these machines actually goes into production?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BBTBE

Just like they've used all of their other power reasonably? Wake up

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
this is silly and unrealistic..when they say pack of dogs people will envision a robot like the terminator..it wouldnt be quite like that.

not to mention humans are too control oriented and would never place so much autonomous decision making, while armed, in the hands of a machine, especially one that is anthropomorphous.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by centralscrutinizer]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by musclefreak
This is why i like this site, someone always post something retarded thats worth a few good laughs!

Been watchin terminator a lil much?

My thoughts exactly. But it's not just the OP look at all the paranoid fertile imaginations here that have replied.

To all those living in fear of Arnie blasting your door asking for Sarah Connor I can be 100% certain no such thing will happen in your lifetime.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by synchro
Don't forget about Tetra Vaal. How long will it be until one of these machines actually goes into production?

You could say this about any computer animation! Or were you joking? Or did you think that the robot in the clip was real ?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

excuse me...why would you say that? we live on a military post!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
um, let's see what we got here shall we?

This design is for a military packhorse supposedly for use to give our soldiers a stable platform to bring extra equipment to the battlefield.

I wouldnt jump the gun to say it's the terminator quite yet.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Soon it will be the robots who use humans to do the dirty work. I asked a policeman why he came to search my house. He told me the computer told him to.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Maybe not but toss a scary looking cover on it and send it into an enemy camp..

Ought to be a good fear factor

So they are already in the full test stage... dang!!!

And we are only hearing about this now? With the what we know about military info releases how advanced are they REALLY?

[edit on 27-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by whatukno

Maybe not but toss a scary looking cover on it and send it into an enemy camp..

Ought to be a good fear factor

So they are already in the full test stage... dang!!!

And we are only hearing about this now? With the what we know about military info releases how advanced are they REALLY?

[edit on 27-10-2008 by zorgon]

Scary cover equating to a pair of 20mm chain guns on orbital bases with laser targetting and GPS tracking? Would they really need to move that fast if they had the capability of sending a couple thousand rounds a minute down range? At a target that could not even hide behind walls?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join