It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Packs of robots will hunt down uncooperative humans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I always have thought that this time in history was no very different than the time in history where the story of Robin Hood originated.

In that time, the story is in essence about... Armor and the inability of the public to fight against Knights who had a monopoly on the Metal for Swords and Armor and owned the horses, One knight could control and entire town...

Right now, we can do nothing against a helicopter or even just the police who have radios to summon numbers at will and quickly... let alone the Roboti Dogs lol

In the story of Robin hood, the change was the invention of Bow String that gave people the ability to pierce the armor at a distance, prior, the bows couldn't breach, they didn't have the pull stregnth

The modern equal to this is of course, Electromagnetic pulse and Microwave technology... In due time as the average person understands how to implement these devices... the public will get the power back, knock out the radio, the police are helpless, knock out the gps, they don't even know where they are, without the computer, a helicopter will fall right out of the sky

(this is NOT btw a call for an underground electronics modern day robin hood to use my words as inspiration)

I'm juts saying right now we are helpless, emp and microwave is the Bow of the next century... the way a peasant can knock out a missile... the place and technology by which the 3rd world can fight the first etc, etc...

The missing piece is not available

Everyone thinks the power crisis is about money

to a degree it is, but solar and alt energy is bought up and held back

far more because if we had as individual, small efficent, long lasting power supplies, we would have the weapons at the average persons disposal the big boys do, Lazers, microwave, emp... these toys would make 30 men in a forest able to hold off an army

the control they have if a guy built a lazer in his garage now is

They can just turn off the juice...

so I say, there is no hope for any rebellion

Until the new bowstring is invented... the bow itself, the lazer, emp is already here, everyone knows it, but you need them to power it so they own you in essence

When, the day comes where, someone invents, maybe a zero point energy source that fits in a small box... or something similar ( like Tony starks little power device in Iron Man)

Invent that, that's your bow string, thats the day the NWO will go away, that's the day, this ear of serfdom ends for a long time to come

until that day, we are slaves, because the bow is right here and now... the string is not strong enough, they can shut off your electricity.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
You know, it could work quite well.

Simply take the robots designed to find and mow down enemy troops in battle via sophisticated sensors and devices to detect any heat / sound / movement and set them against the people.

Then, if someone were manually controlling it from somewhere to make sure no civillians were killed, the simple answer is to set the robot onto "autopilot" with a probably fairly easy code modification of its' software and all that.

except you set all of the robots onto autopilot, and they kill anything that moves and is shaped like a human. however, they'd run out of ammunition and require resupply regularly of projectiles. im sure they'd also have a melee thrusting or spinning blade weapon of sorts, but they'd really need their ammo to be effective on a time taken versus people killed ratio.

this would require human intervention and is also the way to beat them because, you take out the resupply groups of humans with ambushes and explosive devices remotely detonated or detonated by weight like a landmine. then it would be the people versus the robots, but the robots would only have their melee weapon(s). any crowd control gasses, bombs, projectiles, rockets, or bullets will all run out in quick order. eventually it is just melee robots versus the people.

i think these robots will not be on two legs, this would take too long to perfect, currently the standing model is to put them on tracks like "Johnny-5" in that robot movie from the 80s. what does this mean? they will not be able to climb. all we would have to do is situate ourselves on high, unattainable places, and crush them with primitive objects we drop on them like rocks and stones.

yes, humans beat robots with rocks and stones. this is the grace of God.

remember, you can always trick A.I. because it doesn't have free will.

this is the usage of your own unique weapon, the weapon which has brought mankind to its' current moment in history and the world. this weapon surpasses all other weapons yet seen developed through evolutionary or creationary processes. this weapon, free will .. the human brain and the human spirit, working together like a fine oiled biocomputer of immense proportion, can defeat anything running on artificial, man-made intelligence.

the opposite of a word is the truth. man-made? man-DESTROYED..

[edit on 10/26/2008 by runetang]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
nice post stars and flag you get .lets just hope the war machines dont start targeting the poor and innocent.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Until the robots become sentient beings and begin to ponder the meaning of it all!
Once this happens they will demand better working conditions, equal pay and fairer time off for holidays.

We humans do have a couple of big advantages over any robot however, one we don't short-circuit from water and two we are not (greatly) effected by magnets.

Acid rain may just prove itself useful!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Possum Roadkill

Hitler's SS?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
do you thing that robot will atack us,never we can send them an virus heheh

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
TextText BlackTextTextWhat? You are thinking amelikans care? go back and watch television.If there was one single thing to do it would be to not switch to digital television and turn off and tune in, then not vote, not vaccinate, not drive and not work and not eat for a week (last three only) this would shut them down and this would then empower us to shut it off.But this is too simple,too filled with yes but what if's and it neva eva done before. second sugestion is for everyone to commit suicide and then the bastards have no one to play with.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtcctr
is it a coinsidense (sp) that they are talking this terminator senerio and sarah palin's maden name is sarah connor same as terminator

No coincidence at all, since her parent's names were Charles and Sarah HEATH.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Ahh this thing don't look that intimidating.

They are slow, Noisy & lack one thing Humans have barrels of...

Instinct!!!

They won't make very good soldiers or hunters in my opinion.

Not unless there are 10,000's of them comming after you.

Too eazy to take out. They might look like they can keep their footing & even balanced themselves when that guy kicked it.

But hey, you guys saw what the Ewoks did to Imp Walkers...

Also there are ways of hiding your body heat, heartbeat & even your breath.

If programmed to look for a specific target & you know your that target, you can change your appearance & even your behavior to fool em.

Thee things will turn out to be the biggest waste of Goverbnment spending in history.... Well mabey not the biggest but most certainly the stupidest..lol

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Oh man... This freakin' scares my pants off.

This info + NWO plans to reduce the human population to about 500 million? Need I elaborate? Dare I?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
If this were to work out properly.
And If these robots were to be equipped with anti-whatever equipment to prevent other people from using EMP or jamming signals.

I would suggest a special squadron trained to destroy these robots.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

This is the first one, Now, try to imagine the next generation...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
Ahh this thing don't look that intimidating.

They are slow, Noisy & lack one thing Humans have barrels of...

Instinct!!!

They won't make very good soldiers or hunters in my opinion.

Not unless there are 10,000's of them comming after you.

Too eazy to take out. They might look like they can keep their footing & even balanced themselves when that guy kicked it.

But hey, you guys saw what the Ewoks did to Imp Walkers...

Also there are ways of hiding your body heat, heartbeat & even your breath.

If programmed to look for a specific target & you know your that target, you can change your appearance & even your behavior to fool em.

Thee things will turn out to be the biggest waste of Goverbnment spending in history.... Well mabey not the biggest but most certainly the stupidest..lol

Now, try to imagine the next generation.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
ok so we just have to trap one in a 2 foot sircle of cinderblocks(sp?) and that gives us enough time to get away?

By the way the video of the two guys is classic, cause that's what I thought the original video was at first, lol.

I'd have to agree with most posters though that the stronger world powers have technology way,way,way more advanced than this junk.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
A friend of mine actually designed and built a robot that could be wirelessly controlled over the internet, move faster than a human can run, and aim and shoot a gun by itself, including figuring out when targets moved behind objects.

He wouldn't sell it to the military, but they definitely tried..

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
I hope someone hacks a killbot and makes it go on a rampage in a military base, killing its own dudes.

Is this considered acceptable in the posting guidelines? I would think wishing death on military people would be frowned on.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Sorry, but robots are extremely weak and limited unless plugged into the power grid.

Basic physics. Currently technology has no portable power generation capabilities that can power a robot not plugged in to the electrical power grid. Battery systems simply will not work. Anything that isn't on wheels requires a complex system to maintain balance, which sucks energy. Current computing technology isn't capable of maintaining balance anywhere near a typical animal's capabilities. This means that with a large battery, you could build a robot on the level of a forklift, but it won't be anymore mobile than a forklift. Get it stuck, wait for it to run out of juice trying to get unstuck, and then steal its parts. The more armoured the robot is, the heavier it will weigh, and once again, the less energy it will have to expend going after people. This means that robots will either have very little operational time, or they will be very vulnerable. The Star Wars droid armies are closer to the real possibilities.

By the time we have the technology capable of creating robots that might be able to compete with a humans on a physical level, we will probably be able to enhance our selves with our own Iron man type suits.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'd like to think that I am a robotics / computer geek. I've done some robotics a while back, but it's the computer programming I am at home with. I haven't really gotten the chance to read the whole thread yet, sorry, I'm currently on GPRS bandwidth and it hurts
Anyways, robots will never be able to outsmart humans. Simply because they lack imagination. That said, the only way they can make an efficient killer-robot is by using a kind of viral messaging. So that one robots experiences are communicated to all the others much like viruses will learn drug immunity from dead viruses.

While this is very smart thinking (already being used in video game mobs), it represents a potential risk as ANY communication can and eventually is broken into. Now a good hacker would be able to effectively take over an entire army of these... and from a distance. Hacking aside, electronics are still most sensitive to electromagnetic fields and pulse bursts like EMP. Plans on how to make one are still available online I gather?

Kind regards.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This is really turning into a Half Life 2 scenario.

Get your Suits and Crowbars ready.!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join