It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to action for all ATS members

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by feydrautha

As I'm sure you can see from my signature, I also want the Federal Reserve abolished. I think, though, that it is only a small part of the problem. The corporations have become so powerful that they transcend the Fed. If the Fed is abolished, and nothing is done to reign in the corporations, they will find another way to maintain control.
Yes, the Fed must be abolished, but much more needs to be done to rid the world of this plague that has befallen it, IMHO.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I agree with you. I do think that there is another document already in existence that covers the same things. We just need to repeal a few amendments and enforce a few others.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Redneck,
As always you come to the rescue.
Yes, something like that should be our mission statement.
Let's work on that, with Redneck's contribution as a starting part.
Everyone agree?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Second the motion.
I agree wholeheartedly.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I also think many have won me over to start this movement as an American movement. I agree with the reasons many have stated.

You know, through all of this mess, one thing I thought about was the wisdom of term limits. Many of the crooks in Congress got that way from being re-elected many times, and getting very close to the lobbyists and corporations.
Should our movement also have goals to support 1 term limits for all federally elected officials, with an option to RECALL by a simply majority?
What about a goal to standardize primaries across the country, on the same day?
Also, what about a place on the ballot for "None of the Above", and if it gets the most votes, then new candidates must be selected?
Are these the sort of things we should also look at?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I'm glad we have your list as a good basis! For me, I read the Original Post as more grandiose than moving against corporate power over us.

Borrowing from the OP's language, can we perhaps have a list of things that we are fed up with? A list of issues we can try to move against?

- I'm fed up with our broken democracy. There are more than two political parties damn it!

- I'm fed up with being spoon-fed the idea that I must live in constant fear of terrorism.

- I'm fed up with people saying they do not live in fear of terrorism, but continue to accept the concept that they better keep their mouths shut "just in case".

- I'm fed up with zealots. I tell my friend my complaints with our political system and suddenly I'm a communist. I tell another friend I don't agree with the war but I support our troops and suddenly I'm a coward for not signing up. I might actually just need new friends.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

I'm fed up with our broken democracy. There are more than two political parties damn it!

Yes, and one thing that we should push for is the ability to place parties on the ballot in all 50 states, using a UNIFORM Federal law for Federal Elections. It is RIDICULOUS that STATES dictate the terms by which parties can get on the ballot in FEDERAL ELECTIONS. It is the tail wagging the dog.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

Originally posted by reticledc
May Suggest "Americans against corporate government"

That's a good one... I hate it when people makes ones that say something like "Nazi Amerika" because I think the shock value overwhelms the message.

How about Humanity Against Corporations (HAC).

Humanity as in 'WORLD'. We can agree the the US Government 'is' a Corporation, if not it's on it's way.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
In this case I think less is more. While there are many valid points, we need to focus on the most important of them. That is the money that is being leached from us all.
Less is more.
It gives us the edge by not confusing too may points of interest with others.

It also makes if harder for the simple idea of it all to be squelched.

Gov spending overhauls and foreign policy.
The best foreign policy is to not need one because we have no one in other countries business.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I also think we need to establish standards to take away the power of the MSM from being propaganda machines. Let's be honest, NONE of the CABLE NEWS NETWORKS or Over-the-air Networks are impartial. They drive wedges between people in America, and help to promote the agenda of the PTB to keep us fighting with each other, rather than uniting under a common cause, namely the freedoms that Redneck so eloquently elaborated.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
As I thought about what we have said here, it started sounding like many of the goals of the Libertarian Party, so I went to a site of theirs, and it seems they are having the same problem we are, namely where to start, and where to focus.
Here is a statement they made regarding their goals:

Perhaps the greatest difficulty is that the current rank-and-file of the Libertarian Party is made up of people especially interested in national issues. The LP was founded by a handful of people disgusted with Richard Nixon’s betrayal of libertarian and conservative principles by leaving the gold standard and imposing wage and price ceilings. While Libertarians have run for office at all levels, the traditional emphasis of the Libertarian Party has been the Presidential campaign. Convincing the current rank-and-file that the only way to actually make change at the national level is to start at the local level is difficult—but it must be done

The second prong of the strategy is to build a partisan Libertarian base by informing the voters who want more personal and economic liberty that they are libertarians and that the Libertarian Party is devoted to helping them achieve their goals. By far the best way to inform voters about the Libertarian Party is in the context of a partisan political campaign. The best way to communicate to voters that the Libertarian Party shares their values and goals is to have candidates state that they support more personal and economic liberty and then make that view concrete by stating a few positions on issues that expand personal and economic liberty in ways that most libertarian voters support.

Who are these libertarian voters? Gallup polls have shown that about 20% of voters believe that government should do less and shouldn’t try to promote any specific sort of values. Rassmussen polling has shown that about 15% of voters fit within the “libertarian quadrant” as defined by the Advocates’ World’s Smallest Political Quiz. While the Gallup questions and the WSPQ are imperfect, this provides a rough estimate of the sort of voters that should be targeted. What has not been done effectively is to discover which specific expansions of personal and economic liberty that a large majority of those voters would support. More polling and focus group work is essential to craft the message that most appeals to the 20% of voters who want more personal and economic liberty.

Redneck's points sound very much like some of the Libertarian goals.
What do you think?
Here us the link to the site I quoted from:
reformthelp.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Redneck,
As always you come to the rescue.
Yes, something like that should be our mission statement.
Let's work on that, with Redneck's contribution as a starting part.
Everyone agree?

I'll agree to that.

ProfEmeritus thanks for pointing me to this thread from the other thread. I would rather try this than having to start lynching people as I can't really afford that much rope at the moment.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

ProfEmeritus thanks for pointing me to this thread from the other thread. I would rather try this than having to start lynching people as I can't really afford that much rope at the moment.

Besides, we don't want to lose anyone here. We need everyone of us to stand against tyranny.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Should our movement also have goals to support 1 term limits for all federally elected officials, with an option to RECALL by a simply majority?
What about a goal to standardize primaries across the country, on the same day?
Also, what about a place on the ballot for "None of the Above", and if it gets the most votes, then new candidates must be selected?
Are these the sort of things we should also look at?

I think the Electoral College should be abolished.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aislin

I agree. It is just another throwback to defeat the rule of the majority.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aislin

Now that I agree with 100%. It should be who the people vote for not for who a select few want. I also think electronic voting should be done away with. Too much opportunity for fraud there.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

there are many corporations who employ many americans.

there is only one federal reserve, and their existence is demonstrably a violation of the bill of rights.

after the fed is eradicated, and americans take back their rights, the original legal definition of 'corporation' might be easier to restore.

the other way around, looks more insurmountable to me.

exposing the fed for the organised crime entity it is, and forcing our elected's to abolish it would help make a better and more understandable case for dealing with the out of control corporations and their altered charters.

education of the average american is the key. knowledge is exposure, its the light shining into the shadows where the parasitic vermin thrive.

perhaps we can start here, by directing ats members to resources, so they will become knowledgable, and share the truth with those in their sphere of influence.

exponentially spreading the information every american should be aware of.

is a slave a slave, when the slave doesnt know he's enslaved?

i say, yes... all the more reason to give the slave the keys to freedom: knowledge.

the fed rapes us with every paycheck, and we dont know its a criminal act in violation of our rights.

Restore The Republic

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
You know, with the internet, with secured sites, if each person were assigned a unique voter ID, with a password and a random biometric check(fingerprint, retina scan, etc), and a national database authenticating each user, and checking to prevent multiple votes, we could vote ONCE, in let's say a two week period, and at the end, we wouldn't even need to wait days and weeks to see the "final vote". I could be calculated immediately. The details, of course, would involve all sorts of checks, balances, audit trails, etc. but it could eliminate voter fraud, etc, and save people gas in the process. Public buildings could have connections set up for people that don't have access to the internet.

We could do the same with a nation-wide primary, again, with the same unique ID, with part of that ID identifying the state that you are registered in, and a check against the national database to prevent ACORN-type fraud.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

it doesnt matter who we vote into office, they all answer to the demands of the federal reserve.

obama and mccain both along with bush enslaved the american people for another 700 billion dollars.

the american people did not want the bailout (until the MSM shaped public opinion again. the MSM is owned by the puppetmasters of the fed)

and it was pushed through.

who was behind it?

the fed. they own our elected officials. what the fed says, goes, democracy be damned.

now we are enslaved to the fed for another 700 billion.

where did that 700 billion come from?

thin air.

they simply print it. and we owe the fed for it.

so, we all better get a second job, one just to pay our tax burden. thats how it works.

they own us.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by feydrautha

education of the average american is the key. knowledge is exposure, its the light shining into the shadows where the parasitic vermin thrive.

Yes, that is always the key. The problem is that many Americans don't seem to want to be educated. They seem content to wallow in ignorance, read their People magazine, and talk about Paris Hilton. How do you propose to get to the average American? That, to me, is the problem, as I see it.
Ron Paul tried, and the MSM effectively marginalized him.
The MSM is 1984's Big Brother.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join