It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to action for all ATS members

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Well the one thing that everyone has in common, Beside the 4% is taxes and money.
so until we are working on a resource based economy and things like this are a thing of the past, we have to make do with what we have.
Another I like:
Americans For Financial Freedom

AFFF

the A triple F

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Are you saying we should limit this to America? These corporations are world-wide for the most part, and the economic plight we are in, is pretty much world wide. Europe is in as much of a mess as the US is. Countries like Iceland are virtually bankrupt because of this.

Don't you think a World-Wide movement would be more effective?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
oops double post.

Anyway..

Well it sounded good.

I admit my foible.
By all means all should be included. It's just difficult being just a man and trying to make sense of the way this thing has effected the entire world.
The words of some of us may change that. That is incredible.
Forgive me.

[edit on 22/10/2008 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
First, we must individually get our lives in order . . . there's no way we can collectively make things better if individually we are all screwed up . . . To do that, I think each one interested in making the difference must . . .

1. Stop buying anything on credit. That only fuels their system and makes you hostage to their whims.

2. Start a trading/bartering/cooperative system that sidesteps having to pay sales or service taxes in any way shape or form.

3. Embargo any corporation that does not include ethical treatment of people as part of their operating plan.

4. Vote in your elections. Stop voting for the same party all the time just because that's who's always received your vote, or your parents vote. Actually dig in and find out something about who you vote for . . . once you do that, you probably won't. And don't bash those who do not ascribe specifically to the way you think. Even the stupid have a right to their own stupidity. You just have to be smart enough to spot it and avoid it.

5. Start a stock up plan. YOu don't necessarily have to make it some survivalist thing, rather stock up in your basement or some other suitable place. But remember. Shut the hell up about it. Nobody needs to know how prepared you are or you'll end up having prepared for them.

6. Arm yourself intellectually, spiritually and physically. Learn as much as you can about as many real things (fixing your car, home repairs, first aid, stuff like that. Become spiritual in a sense that you understand your place in the universe and your right to be here, be happy and enjoy your life. Know how to fight, both martial arts and the use of weaponry will surely save your bacon when the chips are down.

Those are just a few things that I see need to be done. I'm guessing that you'll find in doing these things, you will meet like minded people with the same goal.

YOu will chat . . .first amongst yourselves, then as a growing circle of friends, then as a group, a way of life, a movement . . . a political force with which the powers that be must recognize.

That is how political parties are formed . . . they start individually and grow.

We can do that . . . it will just take time and a clear dedication to making that happen.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
How about this?
We print up cards with our organization's name and LOGO. We go to companies and stores that are part of the gang of thieves, and we leave cards there, with a statement to the effect that "We are refusing to buy goods at this store, because you are part of the effort to seize our economic future.

Or think of a better slogan... just a quick thought.

Also posting a list of companies, Congressmen, etc that have been complicit in this treasonous set of actions, and putting them on bulletin boards.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Back in the day, gentlemen used to have calling cards. I suggest something simple. A name and or email address to check out. Should be enigmatic. This is a network marketing thing if you know where I'm coming from.

World Financial Liberation Organization.

WFLO
Sounds like a radio station

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Great points GP. We have a thread going already on many of those issues:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

It started our just as a stock up thread, but has blossomed to many of the things you mentioned.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

One problem, americans are addicted to consumption. Plus, they're also addicted to "patriotism", addicted to being fooled, and so on.

So, I agree with justmomma, first you have to admit that you're also the problem. And if you individually are willing to make "the sacrifice" (since you're also part of the problem), the good guys will take care the rest.

Or you can just ready your pitchforks, just like what ProfEmeritus had in mind.

Most asian countries such as Japan and my own are all set and fine. The problem mostly lies with the US, Europe, the middle east, and China. Who knows, maybe when Obama becomes the president he'll change the US for the better.

You can't change this world for the better if you're spiritually backward and have that loser mentality. You'll need help from the good guys, so I suggest you humble yourself, admit that you're wrong and repent. Otherwise... you're on your own.

Or, again.. you can just ready your pitchforks. Unless you prefer the total pacifist way, don't take credits, don't vote, don't donate to political parties, and... don't pay your taxes.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

World Financial Liberation Organization.

I really like it. What do others think?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I have a suggestion, how about when everything has been decided, name, logo, etc, people with the expertise in different blogs and online journals create a journal/blog dedicated to the cause. The journal would have the basic information regarding the groups cause and message, then a link to redirect to a main site or blog. I just figured since some of the more popular blogs/ journals draw a large community, it be easier to spread the word and get like-minded people involved.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
there is already a movement in progress.

this movement calls for the abolishment of the federal reserve.

the f.r. owns every american citizen, including most especially our elected officials.

they own our government, they are the real power behind everything.

what they do is a violation of our bill of rights, it is obvious and they are powerful enough to ignore it.

watch the primer, to bring yourself up to speed:

America: From Freedom to Fascism (part 1 of 11)

then join us. individuals can be destroyed (are and have been), it takes numbers to fight the most successful criminal organisation in american history.

Restore The Republic

the more americans know, the less power the f.r. has.

their ambitions are not limited to the united states.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by feydrautha]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

We are all in this together; Americans, Canadians, Europeans, Australians, Islanders, Asians, anyone who feels that something has to be done to win back a say in a world that is going crazy.

We believe that concerted coordinated efforts to boycott, protest peacefully, put pressure on representatives, etc is the way to win back a say.

Let's use this thread as a Brainstorming session.
Let's come together for a common cause, to win back our world.

[edit to minimize all caps in title]

[edit on 22-10-2008 by ADVISOR]

Well, I for one am not a citizen of the world but of America. It is America that I am moved for and nothing else. We have the best nation of all nations. We should help other nations who aspire to love freedom, but to take care of ourselves first in my priority.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Fromabove]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Forest

I have a suggestion, how about when everything has been decided, name, logo, etc, people with the expertise in different blogs and online journals create a journal/blog dedicated to the cause. The journal would have the basic information regarding the groups cause and message, then a link to redirect to a main site or blog. I just figured since some of the more popular blogs/ journals draw a large community, it be easier to spread the word and get like-minded people involved.

That is a definite go.

Another thought. We could enlist people on other forums to our cause.
Whatever we do, we must do it without breaking any laws, without any violence, and without violating any copyright laws.
All agreed? We don't want to be shut down before we start.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

That is the logic about the plan.
Since we are used to being used to things, this is perfect.
No one need do anything out of the ordinary. Just save a bit of money to pay rent and what not, stock up for a week, people do this anyway, and stay the hell home and enjoy a nice, quiet, restful home time with the family. Family is something we all need to see more of these days anyway.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Is this movement specifically against corruption in corporate America and its far-reaching effects on Politics?

Is this what the group is? On the outside, it looks to me like this movement is being organized as a reaction to recent events in the economic world. When the economy rebounds, I'd expect the strength of this movement to dissipate quite rapidly if we are so focused on just one core group of issues. Can we broaden our horizons a bit?

I appreciate the importance of adjusting how we use the money we have, of naming retailers and companies that we ought not do business with, but there are so many other things we can and should move against.

For this reason, I think we shouldn't name our group anything having to do with Finance, or Corporations. If we do, it'll be just like what happens when gas prices go up. People get pissed, start devoting energy and money to clean energy, carpool, spend less, and then they lower the prices to just above where they started and a wave of relief comes over us and we revert to non-confrontational sheep.

I don't want what could be a powerful movement, go out of fashion because its focused too specifically. Because I for one am fed up with a bit more than just the economy.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well when you have the downturn in the market like today happening all the time, I don't see an end to it soon. Gives us some time to play this thing for what it's worth.
Loosing revenue is the only thing these Fawkes understand.
If they try to tax us more afterward to make up the lost revenue, then it will be apparent to everyone, not just us that they are MFers

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Well, I for one am not a citizen of the world but of America. It is America that I am moved for and nothing else. We have the best nation of all nations. We should help other nations who aspire to love freedom, but to take care of ourselves first in my priority.

I hear what you're saying. I am also an American, but we are all citizens of the world. If we eradicate the disease in one part of the body only, and let it flourish in othre parts, soon the part that was free of the disease is infected again. These corporations are world wide and their actions are world wide. If we merely chase them away from America, they take their jobs with them, and we have lost. They must know that they can't be safe anywhere they go. Don't you agree?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I still think we need to enlighten people by having a physical newspaper. Their are only certain mindsets that seek the truth on their own with the internet. Most who do are the younger, off-beat crowd. Most who think of themselves to be knowledgeable are still getting their info from MSM and controlled newspapers, magazines etc..We need tens of millions of Americans, or applied globally, hundreds of millions of people, to be informed and come to the same understandings. This means we need as many outlets as possible in the beginning, getting the basic facts out. Then we can work on a unified group.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well seeing as how this mess originated for the most part here and the world is being effected by our ridiculous actions, I would say this place would be the best place to start. Since everyone is watching us anyway, those in other localities can watch what we do and organize themselves. Or not. Some just don't want help.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The first thing, before anything else, before a name, a site, an email campaign, is to explicitly determine what it is we stand for. We need a platform. I'll start it off with a few ideas of mine:

We, the people, believe in the following ideals:

• 1. Individuals are free to make their own decisions, and government should not interfere with this freedom, save to prevent a loss of freedom to other citizens.

• 2.Individuals will face consequences as a result of the exercise of the freedoms expressed in (1), and it is the responsibility of the individuals to deal with such consequences.

• 3.Government shall not infringe on the freedoms of the people to exercise the common rights of their respective societies, nor should government involve itself in mitigating those consequences that may be faced by individuals as a result of their actions.

• 4.The following freedoms are enumerated as what we believe to be the inherent freedoms that should be ppresent in any society:

• The freedom to protect oneself, one's family, and one's neighbors from harm
    • The freedom to speak one's mind freely, without regard for governmental or institutional censorship.
    • The freedom to be aware of the world in which one lives, through whatever means one may decide to use.
    • The freedom to form groups for whatever purpose individuals in such groups may desire.
    • The freedom to have an equal voice compared to all other individuals in one's society, in regard to controlling the operation and direction of one's government.
    • The freedom to be treated fairly without regard to age, gender, political affiliations, race, ethnicity, age (assuming an age of majority), or economic means, by respective governments.
    • The freedom to overthrow tyranny.
    • The freedom to own property and to use it for purposes determined by the owner of such property.

Feel free to add/subtract/discuss/burn the author at the stake.
this is just what came out of the top of my head.

TheRedneck

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join