It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to action for all ATS members

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Yes, Redneck's form of words seems to be a good starting point, if I may make a suggestion, why not use the opening words, the opening words of the Constitution itself, as the name of the organisation.
'We The People'
Kindest regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by reticledc

Yes, we need a name.
We need a logo.
We need a blog and website.
We need to organize. We can post as a group.
I had suggested, based upon another member mentioning Poland and Solidarity, using Solidarity.
Anyone have any ideas about a name?
Anyone have ideas about a logo?
Anyone good at graphic artis?

Have not read everything in this post (yet), but what about the zeitgeist movement thats recently started...I think over a relatively short period of time this movement is gonna get pretty big worldwide...by the looks of it the website has a few teething problems but with the concept of 'ZDAY' which will be held on March every year i think this website/movement will be our best shot at actually getting somewhere with whats wrong in this world.

Wow i wish i was hardcore with the typing like some of you guys because like many of you i have tons i could say about a lot of things.

I have been using this website for many months now and some of the things being talked about just amaze me, but only after reading this post today did i actually feel like i needed to register so i could say something.

I would like to think that everyone posting here has seen the 2 Zeitgeist films so how do you feel about focusing your efforts to make a change through the movement...I'm only saying because if we all joined the same movement then we will make more of a change quicker than if everyone that wants the same things start/joins lots of seperate little movements. (wow im trying to type this quick, but rubbish i how i phrase things, or am i just peing parra cos i know there lots of intelligent people that post here?)

Anyway...I think i'm right in saying something big is going to change things soon..c'mon we all know it...we can feel it!...none of us really know what that big thing is yet, but if its going to change the world then WE need to make sure its a possative thing.

If we leave governments and those in higher places to progress us over the coming years then we know the world just going to get worse..nuclear weapons..WW3..continued poverty..innocent people dying for nothing...whatever! you all know the deal!

BUT you also know we can change things...all the internet postings in the world is not going to move things forward...neither is a small website with a few members which is what your proposed movement would end up being.

Im not Peter Joseph's boyfriend or anything ha! but i honestly believe those that are serious about change need to watch zeitgeist: addendum and follow instructions at the end where possible and finally join the movement www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

[edit on 23-10-2008 by dunks1]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
My .02, and I know this will be unpopular with some, is think humanism, not religion.

Stop allowing one's personal beleifs to be such a driving wedge.

If you beleive in God, the be content that he will judge everyone with the "wrong" belief after death, and if you don't beleive in God, just ignore the beleifs of those who do.

Then start to think abotu what is the best way to improve life for every single human being while we are still here on Earth.

This is very important to truly embrace. I know, we will see many Christian friends get on and say that that is what the religion is about. It's about helping all people. However, if you do not go with the flow and accept Jesus and so on you are still considered an outcast. Don't deny it.

So, if we can simply look at this from a HUMAN point of view and stop this divisive line of thought (Republican/Democrat - Christian/Muslim/Atheist - Liberal/Conservative) and think that we are all in the same boat, I believe we can pull this off.

The problem is that people allow for their beliefs and emotions to get involved which usually causes things to fall apart.

Good luck with this. I'm in.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
My plan is simple....vote for Obama. Hes already making plans to restore (what is possible) of the damage that has been done from the dessicration of the constitution and bill of rights.
The only other way is revolting. Letter, emails and all other forms of correspondents dont work. These people are yuppies that believe they know whats best for every American. But most have a hidden adgenda.
Trust me, Im not a conspiratist. It is so clear how this all came about that it was done purposefully. The reason behind could be hard to find....without time for it to expose itself.

[edit on 13/10/08 by Douggie]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
To all people that are enthousiastic about starting a movement, I'm building a forum right now,hope to have it finished tomorrow!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Here's my 2 cents on a name...

"Friends and Protectors of the True America"

I'll most likely have more ideas later.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I like We The People. It's self rightous enough to satisfy us Americans, and broad enough to apply to all the people on this earth.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Douggie

Yeah right vote for Obama he'll restore the constitution that he voted to destroy.Fisa?the bailout?Or perhaps you don't realise those are unconstitutional
If you want to throw a wrench in thier plans educate people about the federal reserve.Without the feds pyrimid scheme there would not have been money enough to fight all the wars for profit.If we had stayed on the gold standard
the corporations would never have grown big enough to drain the people of thier wealth.If americans can restore the constitution it would solve the problems for the most part here.We'd need an amendment that stated to swear an oath to protect and uphold the constitution then vote to harm it would be treason punishable only by hanging.That would put an end to the scum we have in our government now.As for the world you will not do anything until the people are oppressed enough by thier government to act.That and education of the people are the only thing stoping the people.
The education of the masses is the thing stopping america from returning to the constitution and the freedom that made this a great country.I'm so tired of hearing people spout on about democracy.America is not a democracy and never was.Educate yourselves.The united states is now a corporation.
I don't remember the date off the top of my head but I think it was 1939 or so.FDR not only confiscated all the gold and gave it to the fed he also incorporated this country.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
we were kicking around the idea of starting a movement ...

I think you just described the Constitution Party platform.
Give them a look over. You might like what you see.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
i actually decided i was going to stand on street corners and hand out flyers with some stuff written on it and put fight4truth.com on it n such. i dont know many other sites that have such a great compilation of whats going on behind the curtains. all the conspiracies proven true out there. like maybe go and tape them up on street signs and store entrances or wherever legal. if we could even get it up on a billboard now that would be phenomenal! we need to spread the word, open peoples eyes so that when the time comes we can all take action united. not leaving the ignorant behind scratching their heads asking whats all the ruccus about. we need to get people angry at their govt. to stop protecting it based off the lies told everyday by the media.

someone put up a good idea on another thread. maybe wrist bands or a white sheet hanging from our home. i personally like the wrist bands because then if we cross paths in public, we can identify and unite.

i believe its all about creating unity and getting everyone on the same page.

maybe a name like "3rd party elect" or something? we need somethings that rings our intent or motive. or "new world" leaving out the order. haha fine ill admit yall are a tad more imaginative than i with names. but im good for something! just put me in coach!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
"we the people" movement brilliant!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is great, I am in......... No j/k

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by just_another_yourself

I love it. Better than any of the names I came up with for sure.
To the point and very descriptive yet elegant in it's simplicity.
WE THE PEOPLE MOVEMENT.
Has a nice ring to it.

I am Emailing Dr. Paul's site now.
I suggest blanket mailing.

[edit on 23/10/2008 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by feydrautha
there is already a movement in progress.

this movement calls for the abolishment of the federal reserve.

the f.r. owns every american citizen, including most especially our elected officials.

they own our government, they are the real power behind everything.

what they do is a violation of our bill of rights, it is obvious and they are powerful enough to ignore it.
[edit on 22-10-2008 by feydrautha]

Its one thing to call for the abolition of something--but what are we going to put into its place as an alternative for creating sound money? I have not seen any proposal for the alternative.

Don't tell me gold, because there's not enough of it around for everyone to use as money and its value still fluctuates according to demand or government intervention. Try to buy and take possession of physical gold today and you'll know that its not going to be useful as money.

Don't tell me energy, because its not as spendable or liquid as money should be. If you have gas and I want propane, then we're still suffering from a bartering problem and we would have to find someone to "moneychange" the gas with propane.

The more I've thought about it, the more I think we should be using money denominated in time as our currency--it requires us to cooperate and define the limits of our money supply to control inflation and be more aware of why we use money to begin with: to facilitate trade for efficiencies. If you want to consider how much "time" gas might cost? Consider that it takes you 20 minutes to walk a mile (about 3 mph) and you could drive 35 mph-- the fuel it would take could save you 11 2/3 hours of walking. If you made a whole bunch of assumptions on mpg for your car and max speed, you could price gas here for 6.6h/gallon (35 mph speed, 20 mpg efficiency). If your trip averaged a higher speed (70 mph, 26 mpg efficiency) then your cost of gas goes up to 8.6h/gal because of the larger "efficiency" or time savings. Running a car pool? Now everyone's cut of the gas money goes down as everyone shares in the efficiency.

Think about how many times you've hired a plumber to do it for you even though you could have done it yourself? Maybe you couldn't have done it in a half hour, you'll happily pay the plumber for the time plus some price above that for having the skills, equipment and availability. This isn't Ithaca Hours where everyone exchanges equal time--an exchange of an hour for a hour doesn't allow anyone to create wealth. Why do you hire house cleaners? Why do we buy our food instead of growing it ourselves? Why do we send our children to public/private schools instead of hiring private tutors? It's all about buying efficiency in time packaged in energy or skills and knowledge. That we're measuring it in dollars or gold just means we agree to try and measure it in some other objective format and we haven't stopped to say: why are we using dollars? In most cases, its because everyone else decided to at the same time.

Our problems are coming from our detachment from the value and the measurement of it. Money as debt+interest is just the system the bankers have sold the world on for the last two centuries. Animals in the wild with symbiotic relationships don't need bankers to create their money for them--they get the benefits from the value created from each other, no bankers needed. So, why do we?

You want a revolution? You start valuing economics based on results and efficiency, not stock prices or debt--something from nothing. Measure the results in terms of time saved or perceived benefit and you're halfway to a system that treats everyone fairly. End the Fed by ending Fiat Value. Pay for it in "time" not "dollars."

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
what are you mailing him? we should all mail the same exact thing. oh n whats his email ha!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I like the idea of a ATS movment Im for puting out signs asking: Is this the best we can do? with pictures of McCain and Obama and thier runing mates.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Wow. I had a dream last night about posting my new idea on this site and I check in today to find this thread.A sign maybe?

Anyway my idea, and I know some of you have mentioned things about this already, is for every one across the country to make signs and plaster them all over their town. I know it sounds insignificant but just hear me out.
All the signs would have the same catch phrase so people would recognize that there is a movement happening and not just random rebels. I was thinking something like "WAKE UP" followed with a little known fact or ominous question. Just enough to peak curiousity. Then we would have to create a website. I like the name "thewakeupmovement.com".On every sign put our website link.
On the website the objective would be to provide the facts about what is happening in our world. Not to force a thought on some one. A website dedicated solely on getting this information out to the public. Links to documentaries and interviews and links to other pertenent websites would be available on this new website.

I know it sound insignificant but on a national scale I really think it could make a difference. At least it would help to inform people and thats ultimately what we need.

FEEDBACK WELCOME

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
After getting a few hours sleep, I logged on this morning, and read every one of the posts since logging off last night.
There are several common themes that seem apparent. Let me try to summarize them, in no particular order:

There seems to be a disagreement as to whether this should be world-based or American-based.

Several posters have suggested joining current movements(Zeitgeist, etc.) or parties(Constitution) already in existence

Some want to limit action to the monetary system, while others want a wider range of issues addressed

Most seem to believe that hitting them where it hurts, that is, economically is the best way to go

One or two wish to basically continue along, i.e. vote for Obama, etc

Some are of the opinion that such a movement "won't get off the ground"

Several have offered help, in the way of a website, and I thank them for that

A few advocate taking action that is sure to bring consequences that may lead to jail time.

So, where are we now?
Well, let's look at what almost all seem to agree on:
First, there is general agreement that we need to hit them where it hurts. economically. This can be with boycotts, cutting down drastically on spending, bartering, etc. All of these means are legal, but will get their attention. Hopefully, that attention will be in the form of some changes in our favor. Will it be enough? I don't believe so, because those in power will not willingly give up that power. At best, they may loosen the reigns a little.
Does that mean we shouldn't go forth with such actions? No, I think those actions are a good starting point. If the reigns are loosened, we attain a little more power, because it shows we have caused them to act.
I like the boycott idea, such as Black Friday. This would be a good test to see how many people are willing to follow through with their words. Hitting them on Black Friday with an economic boycott would really hurt them, because it attacks the entire economic system, and it is perfectly legal. What are they going to do, arrest you for not buying Chinese junk the day after Thanksgiving?

How many are willing to completely boycott any purchased items on Black Friday? I certainly will. I pledge to stay home for that entire 24 hour period.
How many are with me on that?

Let me get this out for responses, before going any further.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Nemesys

I would prefer it if you didn't refer to me as dumbass anymore. And I sure as hell don't want to win any floating voters. ( as I don't believe any of the candidates will be the answer to the problems going on)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join