It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin's Scarf of Mystery

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The "thrown on without looking" idea has merit, and may well be the answer.

Still, all those donkeys are hard to miss. I wonder if that logic would have worked for my niece when she was young and caught shoplifting? ("Honestly officer, us girls were just going around the mall and someone handed me this!!" )

I don't think there's a message here. But if she is so easy to confuse/trick, then how will she handle tricky international situations in the future? Thinking on your feet seems crucial for a VP, who might well become POTUS at some point.

No, I don't think this means she's not VP material. By itself, it's just an error. But she seems to make a lot of small errors, which together indicate she may not be ready for the big leagues.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There is a perfectly logical explanation for this.
These photos were taken of the autograph line at a Jackasses for McCain-Palin event!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
maybe she is sick of McCain trying it on the dirty old man and is hoping to switch and bat for obama

is obama anti polar bear and whale too?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
maybe she is sick of McCain trying it on the dirty old man and is hoping to switch and bat for obama

is obama anti polar bear and whale too?

It depends what you mean by "anti".
I don't imagine he'd feel inclined to date either.

OTOH, throw them on the caribou barbie and they'd cook up a treat.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Ok... here we go. They are horses not donkeys. Donkeys have big ears and a shorter snout. They are hourses with flags drapped upon them. This only happens when the president is dead. It says vote. What Palin is saying is vote to kill the chances of Obama getting into the Whitehouse, if it's symbolism you want, there it is.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Ok... here we go. They are horses not donkeys. Donkeys have big ears and a shorter snout. They are hourses with flags drapped upon them. This only happens when the president is dead. It says vote. What Palin is saying is vote to kill the chances of Obama getting into the Whitehouse, if it's symbolism you want, there it is.

The President is dead? Someone has given Palin a scarf that signifies the President is dead? WTF? Is this what happens in 'real America'?

How do you know what the subtext is? Did you give the scarf to Palin? How do you know that, following your horse with draped flag theory, someone hasn't given it to Palin meaning, "don't worry, if he gets in, Obama's a dead man!!!1". Yeah, "if it's symbolism you want, there it is". At least with my suggestion it's actually referring to a President not a Presidential candidate.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If she was wearing it in Reno, it was for a brief time..
A few people I know were at the rally..none of them remember a scarf.
None of their photos show a scarf either..Nor does the local newspaper's coverage.

However, it DOES look like those donkeys are standing in a SOUP line.
So, I guess there is a little symbolism happening.

heehaw..

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
... I'm just wondering... If indeed those are NOT donkeys - they are most definitely NOT elephants - which - if they were it would have left no doubt which party she was supposed to be supporting.
But being a scarf that states 'Vote'... within a red, white, and blue field... and having animals that RESEMBLE donkeys... during a campaign... on a member of the GOP...

Hmmmm....

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dhunter
... I'm just wondering... If indeed those are NOT donkeys - they are most definitely NOT elephants - which - if they were it would have left no doubt which party she was supposed to be supporting.
But being a scarf that states 'Vote'... within a red, white, and blue field... and having animals that RESEMBLE donkeys... during a campaign... on a member of the GOP...

Hmmmm....

You can't judge her harshly for this. Someone probably gave it to her and told her the animals on it were elephants.
After all, you can't see elephants from Alaska, so how could she know what they should look like?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Looks photoshopped to me.

Now come on,seriously! you people should really download photoshop for yourself and see how effective it is....im a freelance graphic designer and half the pics these threads are to detailed to be photoshop edited.PLEASE download the demo or something for yourself and see how effective it really is.
Not that great.

BedroomHero

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

You can't judge her harshly for this. Someone probably gave it to her and told her the animals on it were elephants.
After all, you can't see elephants from Alaska, so how could she know what they should look like?

Sorry... I guess you're right. They don't have elephants in Alaska... or they may have at one time... but you know the rest.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
if she is so easy to confuse/trick, then how will she handle tricky international situations in the future? Thinking on your feet seems crucial for a VP, who might well become POTUS at some point.

I fully agree. She's not ready.
(she's more qualified then Obama, but she's not ready).

So ... Since we are discussing Palin's scarf ... and it's obviously NOT one of the newly approved issues that we are supposed to be discussing in the politicis area ... does that mean it's open house on uh-bama and his flag pin flip flopping, etc etc again?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Well, derrr - Us Alaskans all know that Elefants haz trunks on dey front ends. Never seed none donkeys though. Iz dey haz trunks too? Let me go trow a rock at my bud in Russia and seez if hez seed one of doze afore? Eh? I be back shortly. I'z haz ta move dat Moose outa my driveway firz.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

I'm sorry, but those are not horses. Look back at the OP picture to the right of the area that says "Vote." That is NOT a horse. That is clearly a donkey. Zoom in on it if need be.

I'll agree that the scarf was most likely given to her by a citizen as a gift during the signing. She didn't pay attention and just threw it on as a polite gesture. It appears as though she needs to pay attention.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Whoever handed her the scarf if that is what happened is a genius. Talk about making a bold statement and then having it turn into a HUGE HUGE HUGE statement by the candidates own hand.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hmm.

Here is another shot of her..She appears to be wearing it!
different angle.

It's photo number 23 in the gallery..

www.rgj.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well clearly it was handed to her. I don't see it on her while she is speaking at the podium. I think she may have just put it on without realy looking at it, but boy what an gaff to make.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well clearly it was handed to her. I don't see it on her while she is speaking at the podium. I think she may have just put it on without rally looking at it, but boy what an gaffe to make.

People do make mistakes like my trying to stop the post to correct the "gaff" gaffe.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Here she is on that same day... No scarf. Looks like Photoshop wins it!

Star for you. Even though you would have loved for it to be real, you debunked the myth.

LOL, if that's photoshop, then I'm John Titor.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
How mavericky!

first thing I thought of as well.

This is such a non-issue, and it has absolutely no bearing on anything... although I am both fascinated and amused by all the claims that this is photoshop trickery. Keep them coming!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
she's a silly lady
i'd still like to see her with only that scarf on, kinda helps the fantasy, maybe it was obama gave it to her (if you know what i mean)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join