It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin's Scarf of Mystery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
I really would like to know if it's CGI. Because if it isn't, it does raise some serious questions about just how astute this lady really is.

Haven't these questions already been raised to your satisfaction?

I'll see what I can find.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The scarfs' colors are much brighter than the rest of the photo. I fear there is a magician at work here!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Haven't these questions already been raised to your satisfaction?

I'll see what I can find.

Perhaps the star was to hasty.

If someone was posting photoshopped pix of your "chosen one" you would be highly offended, and if people offered to "see what they could find" in order to further smear your candidate half the people in the thread would be screaming "CLOSE THE THREAD!!! AHHH...CLOSE IT NOW!"

But I guess if Palin is being smeared by obviously fake photos its all good right? No double standard here! None at all!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I found a quite a few more taken from Getty Images.

G etty Images

Edit:There are more at the corrected source link.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by round_eyed_dog]

[edit on 22-10-2008 by round_eyed_dog]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by round_eyed_dog

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Unless the CGI artists are on overtime and using speed, it would seem this is a real scarf; with all that implies.

Now if she only had an "I Love Ron Paul" button to round things out.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
... It's almost like the scarf is a cry for help.

McCain must be filling his depends when he sees these pics!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by round_eyed_dog
I found a quite a few more taken from Getty Images apparently.

Well, this particular set of pictures has me wondering are the women on the left laughing with Palin or at Palin?

How cold does it get in Alaska? Can you get frostbite of the brain?

Seriously, I find these images astonishing. I can't even begin to understand what she thinks she's doing.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
If someone was posting photoshopped pix of your "chosen one" you would be highly offended,

I would not be offended! This is not personal. It's about finding the truth. I offered to see what I could find, NOT in order to smear her, but in order to verify one way or the other whether the picture was photoshopped.

The photo is not "obviously fake" to me. I honestly cannot tell and am looking further to see what I can find.

Jesus! You don't have to be so nasty! Give it a break.

You didn't star me anyway.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well, I think it's pretty apparent now that it's not a shopped picture. The real question still remains as to what in the heck it's doing there.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well . . . let's look at this another way.

Assume the scarf is real.

As crazy and as madhouse the situation is that most political contenders find themselves enmeshed within during a campaign can be tremendously distracting.

Someone may have given her the scarf and she, being a polite person, put it on to show her appreciation and with her attention being spread out amongst many others the joke may have been lost on her.

From what I see out there, I'd be surprised if many of us could even remember our names.

Politics is not only tough, but confusing as well.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well since there are photos "with and without" I would assume someone at the rally handed it to her and she put it on without analyzing it.

I mean realistically she would NOT be likely to hold the scarf up and study the pattern on it during a rally with hunreds of people clamoring to talk to her and shake her hand. She would smile and throw it around her neck.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
this whole election thingie is staged. who cares about the scarf. i have a total dislike for all the candidates, congress and especially the executive branch of our government. sorry, i despise all our government but mainly i put the blame right on the people.

now we're talking about a stupid scarf. this reminds me of the nightly news where one looks at murders, molestations, train, bus and care wrecks. who screwed who.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the laugh! It appears to be real but as others have mentioned probably a "gift" thrown on without thinking. I wonder who the gift giver was?? My guess would be a kid! All speculation ofcourse!

If not...well then that is just sad.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Well since there are photos "with and without" I would assume someone at the rally handed it to her and she put it on without analyzing it.

I mean realistically she would NOT be likely to hold the scarf up and study the pattern on it during a rally with hunreds of people clamoring to talk to her and shake her hand. She would smile and throw it around her neck.

I agree with your post and the one above about the general whirl of the publicity machine for both the candidates and their running mates but this seems just beyond that.

If the pattern or the message was obscure, then I'd definitely agree with you. But, the word 'vote' repeated various times, and it's impossible to miss the donkeys. Even the briefest of glances and it's fairly obvious the scarf is festooned with donkeys.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yeah, more photos here - nevadasagebrush.com...

Where it's clear it gets put on in the crowd (in the last photo is over her hair, obviously thrown on in a hurry). I think the comments above seem right - she was given it by someone or they put it on her. Either way she didn't look at it.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
What is going on with Sarah Palin. I mean this is the biggest thing since Benedict Arnold switched sides.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I say photoshopped. Because the scarf doesn't lay naturally. It looks like it is blowing in the wind.

If it is real, then I would think she is joking.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

But I am sure a peer would very quickly point it out.
Though someone might of handed it to her as a joke and she wore it good naturedly.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I say photoshopped. Because the scarf doesn't lay naturally. It looks like it is blowing in the wind.

If it is real, then I would think she is joking.

Yes I would agree with that and the jokes on her!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join