It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin's Scarf of Mystery

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Link

Just when I thought the elections couldn't get any stranger. What is up with this picture taken at the Palin event in Reno? It sure doesn't look doctored.

Any thoughts? Photoshopped? Bi-scarftisanship?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Egads. Looks like the kind of 'thoughtful gift' that a wealthy doner gives, that one must display on the spot, regardless of taste.

Or the image consultants and demographics people made her wear it, which makes me cry for America.

Great, now I feel sorry for Sarah Palin.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hmmmm... Subliminal perhaps? It doesn't appear to be of her political party now does it?

Okay... let the games begin!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
"Palin's Scarf of Mystery"?

I thought this was going to be about an un-aired Scooby Do episode or something! Zoinks!

This is just really weird though, and I can't possibly imagine what's going on if this is real. As you say it doesn't appear to be 'shopped, but who knows? If it is 'shopped, the original will turn up soon enough, or maybe another 'shop that claims to be the original?

Maybe she can see donkeys from her house or something?

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Donkeys are the Democratic symbol... Palin wearing a Vote Democratic scarf? It's very strange. Could it be that she is unaware of the party symbolism and spend some of her recent GOP $150,000 clothing allowance on the pretty scarf?

How mavericky!

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Looks photoshopped to me. The scarf is MUCH clearer than her black top.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
... I'm going with photoshopped as well. It's the kind of thing that the pros want to get around. Especially since Palin might possibly own the scarf anyway.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
At first glance it looks like the democrats donkey.

But it could be something to do with dog racing.

Whatever.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
it would be fun if it was true but theres a strange white line aginst her wrist which usually smells of fakery and sweaty nerds .... the mysterious white line that is not her wrist

although the title made me laugh when i saw it ^_^ star for comedy thread title

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I agree. If it is NOt photoshopped, the only thing I can think of is on the reverse are images of nuclear explosions and islamic jihadis coming over the crest (?) Like a "this is what we want" type of thing?

ColoradoJens

link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Donkeys are the Democratic symbol... Palin wearing a Vote Democratic scarf? It's very strange. Could it be that she is unaware of the party symbolism and spend some of her recent GOP $150,000 clothing allowance on the pretty scarf?

I'm an Englishman who isn't the running mate for the Republic presidential candidate and even I know what a donkey represents in American politics. She's been in politics for what, about 15 years or something? If, by chance, she isn't aware of perhaps the most common symbol for her political opposition then she should be ashamed of herself!

link   
Ladies and gentleman.... welcome to Scarf-Gate. How this one slipped by the image consultants I have no idea.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Perhaps photoshopped as noted.

If not, it may be a portrayal of Dems following one after the other in lockstep.

And maybe there are elephants on the other side....

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
And maybe there are elephants on the other side....

That's actually a pretty good theory. She probably just adjusted the scarf and this was on the other side.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Here she is on that same day... No scarf. Looks like Photoshop wins it!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Or someone noticed the symbolism and told her to take it off.

I really would like to know if it's CGI. Because if it isn't, it does raise some serious questions about just how astute this lady really is.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Here she is on that same day... No scarf. Looks like Photoshop wins it!

Star for you. Even though you would have loved for it to be real, you debunked the myth.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLeanOr the image consultants and demographics people made her wear it, which makes me cry for America.

It's her lucky scarf...last time she wore it people kept saying "Look at the ass on the Governor, willya?"

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If you look at the left side it doesn't appear to go back behind her neck. I say Photoshopped as well. There is no way she would have that on.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Myguess is she is what she appears to be.

You figure it out. Just like the VP job description, this woman appears to lack in many areas.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join