It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 151
<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
reply to post by redhatty

The 'mechanism' is called a PRINTING PRESS, and it just kicked into high gear!

Great - Even if they print money - What mechanism is in place to get that money to the PEOPLE?

Do you understand that in a hyperinflationary system that WAGES RISE along with PRICES. In Zimbabwe, for example, people literally get a raise by the hour just to keep up with the hyper inflation.

We do NOT have that mechanism in place - we don't have ENOUGH people working in the first place

So printing press or not - exactly HOW are we going to go hyperinflationary?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

BULLETIN >>
Regulator takes over credit unions U.S. Central, WesCorp to protect about $57 billion
3/20/2009 7:15:55 PM
This just came through....

WOW $57B...thought that was a misprint...

More to follow...really...more failures to follow...

[edit on 3/20/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Remember what I've been saying about a collapsing Bond market. California is just the first domino.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You can have hyperinflation by the collapse of debt markets like US Treasuries. What happens when the dumps start? Where are those dollars going to wind up?

Washing up by the tons on our shores that's where.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I had a sinking feeling when I read through the last couple pages of posts.
For maybe the first time,the "reality" of all this is getting under my skin and I just don't see either an end in sight or a solution.
Is the face of everything "financial" that we thought we "knew" forever changing?
Not sure I'm gonna' be too good at learning those new tricks...

[edit on 20-3-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

Will you please stop harassing people, and stay on topic you're filling this thread up with garbage.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

BULLETIN >>
Regulator takes over credit unions U.S. Central, WesCorp to protect about $57 billion
3/20/2009 7:15:55 PM
This jusy came through....

More to follow...really...more failures to follow...

My friend are those the only 2 so far , you seem to be expecting

more, or are you just speculating,

Star sir

My bad , jus reread ur post , you answered my question

long day at work

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Seany]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

You can have hyperinflation by the collapse of debt markets like US Treasuries. What happens when the dumps start? Where are those dollars going to wind up?

Washing up by the tons on our shores that's where.

Treasurys are a promise to become dollars at maturity. When the "dump" starts the US has to have enough solvency to allow bond holders to redeem the bonds. If we don't have the solvency - which we don't - then you have a sovereign collapse

There are no actual "dollars" involved in Treasurys.

Do we really need a course in economic theories here?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

That depends on the strategy. They can be turned into dollars and those dollars can be used to buy up American companies and infrastructure. Gold has been a part of this for some time. And now the UN is calling for a decoupling of the US dollar. I know we're not solvent enough to cause hyperinflation, but that won't stop the Fed from printing to meet obligation.

That process would, indeed, destroy the dollar.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

That's 3 total for today so far...

$57B is no small sum of money to cover with the SEC stating near 0 reserves earlier...

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

So printing press or not - exactly HOW are we going to go hyperinflationary?

Aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves there? Just because we are not currently experiencing the effects of hyperinflation does not mean they aren't in the pipeline. Weimar Germany experienced a short period of deflation before the inflation started. Deflation was the 'cause' for printing money just as it is today.

Bernanke himself stated when he was a Fed Governor that there was never a need for deflation due to a thing called the printing press. But what is the new money going to do? Is it going to pay off the debt of the over loaded consumer? Not a chance, it's going to go chasing after the same amout of goods that were already there, causing prices to rise aka Inflation.

The 'mechanisms' are created as the price of goods begin to rise. If I can't afford gas to get to work or food to feed my family, my employer and I will have to have a discussion. You might say, well they'll just let you go, which may be the case. However, 'some' employment will be deemed necessary. I mean we've seen this all happen before, there's really no mystery.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Many lurkers think you doin a bang up job sir

Kudo's to you

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Oh my goodness, that was so rude! I know you will probably be that rude to me as well, but I don't care!

I follow this thread every day. I am not in any way enough of an expert, in any fashion, to say anything, but I cannot just sit here and let that comment pass!
There is no reason for blatant rudeness to others. If I am in error by saying so, or out of place, so be it!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

The 'mechanisms' are created as the price of goods begin to rise. If I can't afford gas to get to work or food to feed my family, my employer and I will have to have a discussion. You might say, well they'll just let you go, which may be the case. However, 'some' employment will be deemed necessary. I mean we've seen this all happen before, there's really no mystery.

For instance, if gas prices go up, that means transport will go up, then food and other things will go up, then there will be need for raises.

The hyperinflation will not start because of jobless people for sure.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Listen man, I've been digging up this information for a very long time. It takes imagination and historical perspective to know what the adults are talking about.

That said, I have already alerted a mod to your harassing attitude and rude posts. So please stop and join the conversation.

new topics

top topics

<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join