It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 149
<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Stop belly acheing. I made $800 ON AIG and bought it back below my original position. And an hour and 45 to go. took some on FNM and FRE.
Throw in a little BWEN

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

I'm talking about the over all market it self.

I'm not calling individual stocks.

It also helps that the government is pumping billions into AIG.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I am quite bad at this post and reply stuff.
I had no intention of singleing you out.
It was ment to be a general comment.
sorry

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Dow Jones Industrial Average 7,268.82 2:43pm ET -131.98 (-1.78%)
Dow Jones Industrial Average 7,262.53 2:44pm ET -138.27 (-1.87%)

S&P 500 INDEX,RTH 767.96 2:43pm ET -16.08 (-2.05%)
NASDAQ Composite 1,452.57 2:43pm ET -30.91 (-2.08%)
===
American International Group In 1.19 2:28PM ET -0.43 (-26.54%)

[edit on 3/20/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Its cool. There is definitely money to be made if you have the stomach for it. The only problem I see is that the market could plummet at any second.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million

Stop belly acheing. I made $800 ON AIG and bought it back below my original position. And an hour and 45 to go. took some on FNM and FRE.
Throw in a little BWEN

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Donny 4 million]

No offense, but how do we have any way of knowing whether you're just making that stuff up. I could come on here and fabricate a bunch of great trades that I made after the fact if I was so inclined.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well now the market is staring to trend up a wee little bit. Odd very very odd.

I guess they found some more suckers.

edit -

Now it seems to be going back down everybody do the WAVE!!! YEA!!!!

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

Its cool. There is definitely money to be made if you have the stomach for it. The only problem I see is that the market could plummet at any second.

No pain no gain. If we all go bust who will feed the fat cats!
Buy low sell high. At $.40- $3 whats to loose? Keep the shares low.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Greetings Busy Bees!

Sort of a jumpy-day in the markets? Can't imagine WHY after the "rockstar's" appearance last night.
BAD move IMO.He acted like a bit of a chump.

I think many of us have been "waiting" for the wave of commercial real estate vacancies (HUGE down here!) to start showing up in the markets:

Citibank Forcloses on General Growth (own 200+malls throughout US) Mall:

www.calculatedriskblog.com...

Could force GG into bankruptcy.

Naw...nothing has "bottomed" yet boys and girls,just beginning.

Some more good charts with bad news here as well,can't get that "picture post 'thang" to work:

emsnews.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
And today's finish is...

DOW -122.42
Nas -26.21
S&P -15.50

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

No only that but some reports of how the stagnation and denigration of wages in America with all the unemployment raise is showing.

Now the prediction is defaults, defaults and more defaults.

The credit card bubble is bursting for those that thought that the credit card bubble was already link to mortgage it was not.

That is bursting now and the banks are not getting any good after all the infusion of Cash because the credit card issue has not been resolved and now the littler banks that were doing better than the giant ones are going to get hit with that.

So there keeps going to the domino effect.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Is the Worst Over Yet?

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Had a convo over lunch with someone today who "believes" they will ALSO begin to find ways to "bailout" or "prop up" those who begin to feel the credit card crunch...say it isn't so???
To avoid people filing for g-ment benefits and such because their '2nd source of income" ie,overextended credit is no more.

Seriously: I carry no balances on my cards and live within and the other day,the women ahead of me in line (with several VERY high ticket items) had her card "denied"...she laughed and pulled out another with a shrug adding,"My last hurrah I guess before we file for bankruptcy."

NO chagrin,no nothing...she got her shoes and clothing with a smile on her face.I couldn't believe she spewed that publically,wanted to b-slap her.

Seriously,SO many have lived REALLY well in this plastic bubble and I for one might well be prompted to violence if these slackers get a free-ride as well.
That is even more "unfair" to me that the AIG mess.

Is there ANY end in sight???

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

But you know the nations geniuses running the economy, they know it all, they will be pumping more tax payer money to save the banks again, when the bubble explode.

As we know this time the littler banks will be coming running to get their fair share of the loot.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Bubbles, Bubbles, Bubbles, they all like bubbles, when one pops they blow another one bubbles bubbles bubbles.

I don't think we have even seen the worst of it yet. I'm still under the impression that there is a lot of "backroom" talk about the situation that we don't know about.

I'm wondering when the commercial real estate bubble is going to happen along with the credit card bubble.

They better not bail people out when it comes to credit card bubble, we can't afford it and the consequences could end up being catastrophic.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Actually that is going on right now but kept under close doors for the time being.

The charts shown today after closing bell of the real state numbers on commercial property were looking very bad.

I kind of wonder the numbers will be sugar coated when they come out.

The credit card is what is going right now as the numbers are supposed to come out soon.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Interesting. So the data just hasn't been introduced yet to have a mass reaction to the news.

The credit card bubble is one that will probably do us in. So many people have credit cards that it is impossible to bail them out. I have a feeling that is when things will enter into a tailspin.

That could also be why the Fed did what it did.

_________

On a lighter note I wonder how long it takes them to print 1.15 trillion in paper?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Well taking into consideration how the printing presses in the treasury are working overnight, my question is how the Fed is going to deal with the credit card crunch coming up along with still over 1 trillion and half that the AIG still have in the books.

It is any light at the end of the tunnel?, or the fed is just trying to avoid the two conflicting issues that are to collide we each other the AIG left over trillion and half and the who knows how many billions on credit card defaults.

Plus the commercial real state is still hanging around.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
New KD Afternoon post...

Ben: Give Up, Its Not Working
market-ticker.org...

:snip:

Bernanke's Fed in fact is why AIG had to be bailed out - if The Fed (along with OTS and OCC) had done their jobs not one regulated financial institution would have held one nickel of that garbage paper.

Yields on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage-backed securities tumbled yesterday to their lowest levels in two months, suggesting the Fed’s plan to expand its asset purchases may soon push rates on new loans to record lows. Still, the difference between the yields and those on 10-year Treasuries widened to the highest since March 9.

Read that carefully folks. Yes, yields tumbled but so did yields on 10 year Treasuries, the reference bonds for all this stuff. The spread, however, widened.

I thought Ben said he was narrowing spreads with his actions?

Looks like what Ben thinks he is doing and what is actually happening are two different things.

Gold $950.85

@ Marg: Wonder if we could find a big shipment of printing supplys?
That would conferm the new currency printing...

[edit on 3/20/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I just did a quick search but in 2004 nearing the top of the bubble consumer spending was 8.2 trillion.

So how much of that is credit, and how much is it from people living off of credit cards, i.e. the now unemployed.

It is a continuing collapsing bubble and all they are doing is digging the hole deeper. I keep hearing if we didn't bail out the banks then "x" would happen. Every week it is starting to look like "x" is going to happen anyway and it is going to be way worse than if we would have done nothing.

I can almost hear the freight train that is posing as the light at the end of the tunnel.

top topics

<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join