It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly the "SADDEST" documentary ever made....

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wellsybelieves

I was in a very good mood today. Everytime i watch even 30 seconds of this movie, it puts me into a depression. 36:30 until seafood. What is wrong with these people? Did they get molested as children?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLostChildrenOfBabylon

don't watch i brother!! seriously! Respect for the guy that posted this and brought it to our attention but anyone who watches the whole thing?? something wrong in their mind!! Don't mean to force this post into a must watch for my comment because you really should not!!

peace

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wellsybelieves

yknow i sent this to 5 of my friends. None of them were able to get past 18 minutes. They said, for the first time in their lives, they would rather live in ignorance on the subject. A part of me died inside while watching the movie, but i just had to finish it.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

you are a stronger man than me i lasted 3 mins

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
There's only 2 ways to feel good about this video... be psycho or be vego.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

if you were a vego why would you enjoy this movie? wouldnt it be the complete opposite

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I didn't say 'enjoy' i said 'feel good'. I feel good that these atrocities are not in my name
(edit) well I suppose feel relieved would probably be a more accurate representation.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LostChildrenOfBabylon

And what nare we sposed to eat?

Re-cycle our own Bowel Movements & re-eat it?

Everyone on earth go Vegan? (Up yours to that 1. I am a carnivour/omnivour & thats totally natural).

When a pack of heyinas make a kill, they rip the prey apart and devour it alive. Should all heyinas on earth be exterminated? or made to go Vegan too?

Sure Clothing & other products we could go without that don't mean the difference between life& death for ourselves, but Animals as a food source is a natural thing.

Trying to make the human race eat what you eat is no better than communism.

But to all the Vegi-munchers out there... If you don't like it, don't partake in it. Don't watch it, go off somewhee remote & live your lives in peace.

Leave the rest of us alone.

Most Vegi-Munchers will die long before I do, cause Vegiterian diests are too poor for people to sta strong & healthy. meat is needed.

Don't try to shorten my lifespan, just so you don't have to think how some poor little lamb died to keep me nourished.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

either you need glasses or your ignorance is overwhelming. At what point did i say i was a vego.

Yes, I believe we as humans should eat meat. Yes I think it is necessary to get "all" our nutrients from all sources. No, i don't think we should kill excessively when it comes down to profit and $ over survival. All the methods used in this movie are just disgusting, and unnecessary. All for Money.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I am at 17:09 of this and had to take a break and think for a while. I love dogs and cats, and it's really sad to watch this. thats all i have to say for now.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
reply to post by LostChildrenOfBabylon

And what nare we sposed to eat?

Re-cycle our own Bowel Movements & re-eat it?

Everyone on earth go Vegan? (Up yours to that 1. I am a carnivour/omnivour & thats totally natural).

When a pack of heyinas make a kill, they rip the prey apart and devour it alive. Should all heyinas on earth be exterminated? or made to go Vegan too?

Sure Clothing & other products we could go without that don't mean the difference between life& death for ourselves, but Animals as a food source is a natural thing.

Trying to make the human race eat what you eat is no better than communism.

But to all the Vegi-munchers out there... If you don't like it, don't partake in it. Don't watch it, go off somewhee remote & live your lives in peace.

Leave the rest of us alone.

Most Vegi-Munchers will die long before I do, cause Vegiterian diests are too poor for people to sta strong & healthy. meat is needed.

Don't try to shorten my lifespan, just so you don't have to think how some poor little lamb died to keep me nourished.

No one said be a vegan! There is a difference between hunting for survival and killing mass livestock. Do you know how much food we throw out daily? So that means we killed a lot of livestock for a waste. We forced our own hand to hunt because we wiped off the predators in a few areas.

Hey man according to evolutionists we descended from a common ancestor of an ape. Therefore, we could survive from veggies. Our body would be hurt while trying to get used to the idea but in the end you will overcome the urges.

I'm not saying going vegan is the only choice. I am a meat lover myself but I don't over indulge in meat. I don't eat fast-foot, or order meat I can't finish.

Animals feel pain! If you don't think they do, well, your ignorant to the facts. I had 2 lovebirds and when one became incubated from an egg I knew she was hurt because she had tears in her eyes. Although they are great at hiding it because the dying bird is left behind in nature.

If we leave you guys alone then the animals would be extinct at this point. These guys need all the help they can get. It is enough we are taking their homes from them but hurting/killing them? Come on and have a heart.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Killing animals is cruel. Killing for spot is insane.

But we have to eat.

I have been accosted, abused & Assaulted by Vegans who have stalles at the beach near where I live.

Yes.. Physically assaulted by a whole group of Vego's cause I wouldn't throw away the $7.00 burger I just brought, to buy one of their $10.00 (much healthier vego burgers)..lol

Damn that thing looked awful.. It was all green & stuff & looked like 6 week old beef that had been left out of the freezer. Smelled like it too..heh

Point is, these ppl actually assaulted me yelled and preached about much of the stuff that was in the vid.

I think when I hear ppl saying we should all be wiped out, I jump right into defensive mode because of the bad run-ins I had with these folk.

Frankly, wiping out awhole sentient species for just doing what the y need to in order to survive is as bad as the race that kills the animals for food & clothing.

Like I said before. It happens anyway in nature. Think any animal has a humane death at the hands of any predator?

We do it no different than the Lions, the Tigers, the Wolves, the Pihranas, the Sharks or the T-Rex (lol). We just do it on a much bigger scale cause thee's more of us to feed & cloath.

Cant have life without a little cruelty.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
[edit on 16-10-2008 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

theres reasoning behind it. Like previously mentioned. If more than 50% of the world is suffering, living at under 1 dollar a day, then there is not balance. Why should you be able to enjoy life while the majority suffers to death. We has humans are getting more cruel and destructive, all for money

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I agree on that point totally.

But what can be done.. it's all about money, like you said.

Yes we do have a lot of waste in the west & that is very saddning indeed.

The animal products that we in the west waste every week could feed the rest of the planet for a month.

Unfortunately, it all comes down to money, like you said. It would be fantastic if we could cut the waste by shipping what we do not use to the places that really need it.

However, there is the cost of doing that in economical sence. then there's the fact that most of it would spoil before it got to where it was going & would be un-consumable by then anyway.

When we waste these products, it isn't our of greed, it is out of anticipation.

Mc Donalds for instance might anticipate 1,000,000 customers in one week & will order enough beef to take that into consideration. However, they might only have 100,000 customers that week & the un-used portion would be thrown away.

If that un-used portion could be donated, I am sure that Mc Donalds would do it. But there are health laws that prevent them from doing so because the item is perishable.

Come up with a way to enable Mc Donalds to more accuratels anticipate their weekly customer count, & much waste would be avoided.

Note: I used Mc Donalds as an example, there are many other big names & even little & no-names out there who contribute to this. Find a way round it & I'm sure everyone & his dog would jump on the bandwagon.

Also, remember it costs money to ship stuff out to needy countries, if Mc Donalds were to actually be allowed to cast off their waste in this manner, who would pay for the shipping? Mc Donalds would go brike in short course, if they had to pay for that each week by themsrlves.

Should taxes be raised to let this happen?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
Killing animals is cruel. Killing for spot is insane.

But we have to eat.

We do it no different than the Lions, the Tigers, the Wolves, the Pihranas, the Sharks or the T-Rex (lol). We just do it on a much bigger scale cause thee's more of us to feed & cloath.

Cant have life without a little cruelty.

I dare you to eat what a real carnivore eats, you will be sick beyond your wildest dreams. The ways in which humans have made it possible to consume meat are NOT comparable to natural carnivores. We are not biologically designed to consume meat, and the fact that we have devised ways to do so is no excuse for anything presented in this video.

Seriously, the arguments that we need to kill animals for food and clothing are older than dirt, and the resounding answers are NO, and NO!

[edit on 16-10-2008 by maus80]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I'm watching the video now and i will post an update of my reaction soon. but Before I make my after reply, I will say this. This country, despite all of it faults, despite all of our bad history, we, and we alone has shown the world how to respect, and bring your fellow human being up. Yes it is true we use a lot of resources, more than any body on the planet, but we should not at all stop human beings from growing, but finding ways to help each other out. For with out these United States of America, the world would starve, and no hope, no symbol of freedom, or no place of freedom would exist on earth.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I wonder how children would react to this video. I would never, ever show it to kids, but I bet they would have the best solutions for this, and the reason for that is why I even bring this up.

Children and teenagers question EVERYTHING. The reason the behaviors shown in this movie have been allowed to happen and in some cases propagate is that people don't like to question where the things they enjoy originate. This is especially true if they know they would most likely not approve of said origin. This cannot change as long as the majority of the people who do not care also produce the majority of the population. We will end up with a scenario like "Idiocracy" if things don't change. Maybe if children were not fed the Disney scenario for animals with intermittent Mcdonald's commercials, and were more aware of the harsh realities of consumerism, solutions would become apparent and be implemented sooner than later. The majority of adults have spoken - they want what they want, in whatever quantities they can get it! I hope there is still hope for future generations.

It's got electrolytes!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Moderator Note

Please forgive the intrusion, but there are some issues with this thread that need attention and I want to be as up front about them as possible, so please bear with me.

Copyright

I've replaced the video link in the original post and quoted responses due to an apparent copyright violation. Specifically, since the documentary is offered for sale on the Earthlings website, the Google version is probably not legal.

However, sometimes producers of documentaries like these grant permission for free distribution. Michael Moore has done this, for example. I didn't see anything like that on the Official Earthlings Website.

If anyone can provide proof that a free stream or download of this work is legal, please let me know and I'll be happy to post the link.

Topicality

It's not clear where a thread like this belongs, so it's currently in Skunk Works. Earthlings covers a lot of social, ethical, moral, political and even spiritual ground, so categorizing it is a bit tricky.

There are also potential problems with offensive content (section 1a of the terms & conditions) due to the graphic nature of some of the footage. However, removing the direct video link resolves that issue.

I'm thinking this topic may be suited for the Fragile Earth forum, but want to consult with other mods before moving it.

Civility

Obviously a subject like this is going to evoke a lot of emotional responses, finger pointing and um... spirited debate.

There's nothing wrong with being passionate about issues like these, and controversial topics are the bread and butter of ATS. But there are limits, and several posts in this thread approach or exceed them.

Specifically, it is essential that all members respect the rights of other members to hold whatever opinions they choose. Insulting any member over a difference of opinion is an assault on the very foundation of our community and is never acceptable for any reason.

Courtesy Is Mandatory

That said, we're only human and everyone has their hot buttons. Contrary to popular belief, the ATS staff does not like to hand out warnings left and right, and we try to be reasonable when enforcing the rules. But the rules must nonetheless be enforced, so please do your best to honor them.

In particular, please resist the temptation to pass judgment on and condemn other members for having different opinions. Ad hominem attacks are never appropriate for any ATS forum and are subject to removal, warnings or worse.

Also, any threat of violence against anyone (especially other members) may result in immediate account termination, so please never threaten anyone in any way for any reason, no matter how justified it might seem at the time. :shk:

Getting Back To The Topic

Even if you haven't seen Earthlings, it should be pretty obvious what it's about at this point, and though it's still not clear exactly what forum this thread belongs in on ATS, I do think -- despite some unfortunate noise and flaming -- there has been some excellent discussion here.

So if you're willing to share your opinions on this issue in accordance with the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use, by all means please do so.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

I've said the same thing many times.
When an animal is suffering they are put to sleep and mercy is shown to this animal.
I know a couple of people that suffered agonizing deaths for 12 days in a us hospital until they died.
No mercy or compassion was shown to them.
I watched them suffer for 12 days and I'll never get their faces out of my mind.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join