It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly the "SADDEST" documentary ever made....

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Anybody that thinks it's okay to treat animals like this.. I've got something for you to try so you can put yourself in their shoes.

Tie some of that meat around your legs and go for a run in an African jungle. Then come back here and tell me the animals in that video are being treated fairly or according to nature.

If you survive.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Temperamental69]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I watched the video and found it sickening and sad, no conscious being should have to suffer period, if at all possible it should be minimised but really humans don't have the right to do what they do on the scale they do, sadly nature is eat or be eaten for the most part but theres something inherently very dark and evil about mass production and slaughter and the unnecessarily torturous acts these poor creatures have to endure all for the selfish wants of humans, its been said humans don't need no where near the amount of meat they consume. so why do so?

I think in the short term it should be hugely scaled back and done humanely in far nicer conditions with little to no suffering, in the long term we need to produce just the meat without the nervous system to clean medical standards in bio factory's.

One of the most horrible and sad sights i've ever seen was that poor fox/dog getting skinned alive, that is just pure evil, though all the other unnecessarily torturous acts inflicted upon these animals are as well, its just that shows how its done on such a different level from nature, animals kill purely to eat and don't inflict any deliberate suffering and obviously know no better, here humans are not only doing it for selfish reasons and not survival but are knowingly torturing and prolonging it for no reason, which makes it all the more worse and evil!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Show mercy to those who cannot defend themselves. Why are we humans so cruel and callous to animals and those we don't understand?
We must be truly evil to enjoy the suffering of any creature.

I am a vegetarian for this very reason.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I don't have to watch the video to disagree with you.

Humanity deserves to live, there are negatives and positives with everything in life. Don't tell me that I, my family, millions of people don't deserve to live just because of the natural negative side to humanity.

There is a balance.

I agree completley.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
So would you all be morally offended if we raised humans in the same conditions as these Factory Farmed Animals and ate them?

The damage done to the ecosystem is reason enough.As well as the fact that the amazing health benefits from a vegan lifestyle. You can get protein from HEMP. The awesome thing about hemp protein is it contains the essential amino acids.

A vegan lifestyle has been the best choice I have ever made. It rules out pretty much all junk food and you get use to a healthier way of life. I dont drink soda, I dont eat fast food, I dont have rotting flesh in my colon. I have tons more energy and along with different detoxes to rid myself of all the horrible man made chemicals and ruin done to by body I have 10 times as much energy as I had before. On my 20th birthday I went on a 37 mile bike ride and still was up till two in the morning.

I do not see any argument against a vegan lifestyle. And for any of those wondering it is not hard at all. It is just a matter of looking at your options. Some of the best food I have ever had was vegan food and from now on always will be.

How can you recognize the many unjust and oppressive things in this world without recognizing the suffering of our fellow earthlings.

“We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals. Remote from universal nature, and living by complicated artifice, man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. We patronize them for their incompleteness, for their tragic fate of having taken form so far below ourselves. And therein we err, and greatly err. For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth.”

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Text Black

I am american indian, a father, a veteran, and a hunter. I killed my first elk 2 years agos with my rifle...i felt really bad for 3 days. However the meat fed my family 1 1/2 year!!! i have trouble now and then about what threads i read here on ATS, but i love life and will kill to feed my family. Animals are a part of the circle of life (lion king jargon) but i will continue to eat meat.

i worked for 3 months at a medical testing facility and i still have messed up mind about makeup used on people... i would rather kill a squirrel, skin it and eat it than use lipstick...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I saw that some people said that they are just animals and that we are more important then they are and that we have to kill and eat them to survive. Now i'm ok with that, but after watching this video, i dont think i will be eating meat for a long time. They should come up with a more humain way to kill these animals....I mean like my god, they cut off parts of the animals body with no anistetics while they are awake, then they slit their throat and make them bleed out alive until there is no more blood. After that they are transported to be cut into pieces, and some are still alive when they do that. This video is gross, poor animals

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Humans do not need meat to survive. A human can live on a purely vegan diet with absolutely no meats whatsoever.

The human body does NOT require meat to survive.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Oh Jesus... I was cringing at some of that. That's some really disgusting footage.

Well that was definitely sad, and nice piece of propaganda. Utterly pointless propaganda.

"speciesist"

BAWWWWWWWWW.

It's like some people are ashamed to be human. Ashamed to have to kill and eat...

Crap documentaries come straight out of most of our disconnect with having to go through the trials of hunting our own food. This kind of garbage is a direct product of a consumer based society where embellishment - not survival - is the top concern.

It's certainly not practical to cuddle with your bacon, or massage your milk...

I'll start up a meat company that lets the cows watch TV while they are given mineral water and fanned by cabana boys.

I'm sure everyone will appreciate the extra overhead and more expensive products.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmanuva

Actually there are about 175000 western lowland gorillas in Congo
From National Geographic:
video.aol.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
You may not have to worry for much longer. I have read more than a few studies that state that at the present rate we are going the whole human race will become extinct by 2150. Some even go as far to say that the last human to walk this planet has already been born so we may not have that long. Will we change to avoid this? I often wonder if it should be avoided. May be our time is up and some other species will take our place. Only time will tell. All I can say is this, seeing what humans do to each other and to animals it makes me ashamed to admit I am a member of the human race sometimes. Stop the world, I want off.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician
It's like some people are ashamed to be human. Ashamed to have to kill and eat...

Yes, I will admit that many different plants have to die for me to eat. Why should I be ashamed of that?

If you are trying to spread lies and propaganda about humans requiring meat to survive then shame on you.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostChildrenOfBabylon
After watching a movie like this it just really enforces my belief that humanity should be wiped off the face of this earth. We cannot let this continue. 1% of our population controls 40% of the world...

i had troubles watching past 17 minutes. Last time i cried was a couple of years ago, until this day.

I hope everyone that opens this link has watched or watches this video. Let the truth be told

Well, I don't think humanity should be wiped off the face of the earth. There are just as many good people in this world, if not more than evil, and enough of us do our part in trying to help. We can't save everyone, as much as we try to, it's just not possible. If everyone had a perfect life, and no one died young, the world wouldn't be habitable. It would be over-populated and wouldnt last for very long. It's a hard truth to come to terms with, but it is how the world works.

You can help as many children and people as you want, but theres always going to be others who go through the same things. you cant save everyone. All we can do, is try our best to be good people and do right things, whether it be going to other countries and helping rebuild homes and schools and feed villages, or simply being kind to strangers every day, we can all do our part in some way.

Mod edit: Video link removed. -- Majic

[edit on 10/16/2008 by Majic]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I really wish more people would actually take a look at the disgusting human behavior that is prevalent everywhere.

Whatever sick f***s feel they are so justified to do this to animals because humans are more important. Darwinism is dying, all the medical advances are letting all the idiots survive and overpopulating the Earth.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ckrules
I saw that some people said that they are just animals and that we are more important then they are and that we have to kill and eat them to survive. Now i'm ok with that, but after watching this video, i dont think i will be eating meat for a long time. They should come up with a more humain way to kill these animals....I mean like my god, they cut off parts of the animals body with no anistetics while they are awake, then they slit their throat and make them bleed out alive until there is no more blood. After that they are transported to be cut into pieces, and some are still alive when they do that. This video is gross, poor animals

This video is REALITY.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
you know what mate fair play for posting this i got to about three mins with the bull and i'm sorry i could watch no more. I don't often post many replies but i feel like i have to with this post it shakes my very soul that the human being can be this cruel i don't even need to watch the rest of this documentary to know what comes next and your right mate this is VERY VERY sad. Makes you feel bad to be part of the dominant species of the planet we are all very sick people

peace out everyone

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
24 minutes in, prolly the saddest part of the whole documentary

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLostChildrenOfBabylon

glad i did not watch that long my friend

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join