It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel expected to bomb Iran, French foreign minister says

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

No, no, no! Don't leave off posting! I sometimes get the impression that no one else gets it! Please continue.

I think it was Frederick the Great who said, "Fools learn by experience, but I learn from the experience of others." Something like that.

I would never presume to know more than the Masters of Warfare. Let's see what they said:

"Opportunity in war is usually of greater value than bravery. . . terrain is often of more value than bravery . . . bravery is of more value than numbers." Vegetius

"When you have resolved to fight a battle, collect your whole force. Dispense with nothing. A single battalion sometimes decides the day." Napoloean

"A strong pursuit, give no time for the enemy to think. Take advantage of victory, uproot him, cut off his escape." Suvarov

"Leadership is action, not position." Davey Crockett

"Ability is nothing without opportunity." Napolean

"A bold General may be lucky, but no General will be lucky without being bold." Field Marshall A.P. Wavell

"There is only one tactical principle that is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the greatest amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time." Patton

"The security of the shield will be of short benefit if the other arm is not skilled with the sword." Michael C. Riggs (Edicts of Ares)

"It is very difficult to do one's duty. I was considered a barbarian because at the storming of Praga 7,000 people were killed. Europe says I am a monster. I have myself read this in the papers, but I would have like to talk to people about this and ask them: is it not better to finish a war with the death of 7,000 people rather than drag it on and kill 100,000? Suvarov

"If you wage war, do it energetically and with severity. This is the only way to make it shorter and consequently less inhuman." Napolean

"War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over." William Tecumseh Sherman

"War must be made as intense and awful as possible in order to make it short, and thus diminish its horrors. Napolean

"The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving. Ulysses S. Grant

"Limited war means unlimited suffering. Unlimited war means limited suffering." Michael C. Riggs

Now philanthropists may easily imagine there is a skillful method of disarming and overcoming an enemy without causing great bloodshed, and that this is the proper tendency of the Art of War. However plausible this may appear, it is an error that must be extirpated . . . " Clausewitz

"The God of War hates those who hesitate." Euripedes

"If you do not know the place and time of battle, even though your troops outnumber the others, how can you know whether you will win or lose?" Le Quan

"If you cause your opponents to be unaware of the place and time of battle, you can always win." Meng Shi

"
A capacity for great violence shouldn't be equated with a preference for great violence. Good, peaceable men can out-terrorize evil men given sufficient provocation and justification, and just as quickly, become peaceable men yet again." Michael C. Riggs (Edicts of Ares)

"Always attack. Even in defense, attack. The attacking arm possesses the initiative and thus commands the action. To attack makes men brave; to defend makes them timorous. If I learn that an officer of mine has assumed a defensive posture in the field, that officer will never hold a command under me again." Alexander

"If there are too many leaves on too many branches to pick and thus kill, then one must go to the trunk." Michael C. Riggs (Edicts of Ares)

"That which we show, we will not do. What we do not show, we will do." Alexander

"One ought never turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you'll reduce the danger by half. Churchill

"There is no avoiding of war. It can only be postponed to the advantage of others." Niccolo Machiavelli

"Evil men, ruthlessly seeking your destruction through force, will ever be turned back by the greater force of good men, through even greater destruction, more ruthlessly applied." Michael C. Riggs (Edicts of Ares)

"Therefore those who win every battle are not really skillful - those who render others armies helpless without fighting are the best of all." Sun Tzu

"Hit hard, hit first, hit often." Admiral Bull Halsey

"The best form of defense is attack." Clausewitz

"Given the same amount of intelligence, timidity will do a thousand times more damage than audacity." Clausewitz

"Whether in attacking, counterattacking, or defensive tactics, the idea of attacking should remain central, to always keep the initiative." Giap

"When the situation is obscure, attack!" Heinz Guderian

" . . . in battle, it is inexcusable to display any sloth or hesitation; you must breakfast on your enemy before he dines on you." Kai Ka'us ibn Iskander

"Attack when they are unprepared, make your move when they do not expect it." Sun Tzu

"It is important to win morally as to win militarily. By which our victories must break the foe's heart and tear from him all hope of contesting us again. I do not wish to fight war upon war, but by war to produce such peace as will admit of no insurrection." Alexander

"Be absolutely ruthless with yourself first, and then your enemy." M.C. Riggs

"The objective is not the occupation of a geographical location, but the destruction of the enemy force." P.A. Rumyantsev (1725-1796)

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism." Thomas Sowell

That's enough for now. The book, Edicts of Ares was the greatest military book I ever read. Every general to private, every politician and every citizen should read this book. Once you've read it, you'll find a thousand questions answered.

"All life is either a race, a hide, or a fight. Microbes to mammals, one is either predator or prey. We alone get to consciously choose. Most of the time." Michael Riggs (Edicts of Ares)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Dooper, so you have posted alot of quotes from war mongering lunatics just what has that got to do with the Iranians I may ask. Or are you just another war mongering yank who has never been to war and never would if the choice was offered. Its strange how people such as you are willing to support the killing of another race of people yet would probally scream about the Holocaust, can you see the hypocrissy here or does it just go over your head.

You and others here are trying to paint the Iranian people as some blood thirsty nation yet the Iranians have not attacked or invaded any country for a thousand years. Yet your own country openly supports despot regimes, arms and forms terrroists organisations for it own end yet you still rant about the murdering Muslims, I suppose just to be kind I would say your confused, very confused at that, but you are an American so its speaks for itself does it not.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Are we playing "Clue"?

I'm saying Mushroom did it.
As a Muslim.
Living in the U.K.

Did i win??

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Jakyll, again, you cherry pick and have no idea about Islam. You know little about Muhammed. Are you familiar with the ninth Surah? Are you aware that Muslim Clerics and Muslim authorities agree that it abrogates all the previous tolerant verses since it was the last written? Are you familiar with the writings of Bukhari, Tabari, Muslim, and Ishaq? No, I didn't think so.

Lets see,the 9th Surah,written at a time when the Byzantine Empire(Christian) began to move against the growing Muslim power.(and therefore not the last written)The non-Muslims,or hypocrites,mentioned in it is not in reference to Jews,Christians etc,but to non-believing Arabs.The fighting mentioned in it is to do with Byzantium,not every non-Muslim.It is extremists who use this Surah to justify their violent policies.

The work of Sahih Al-Bukhari is seen as the most important after the KoranIts full of important information about religious practice,law,and historical traditions.

The only Tabari i've heard of is the Persian historian.Ishaq,likewise was a historian.Unless you're talking about the Prophet Ishaq.(Isaac)

So,what is it again i don't know and haven't heard of??

You probably pulled that off an American or British Islamic apologist group's website trying to conceal from people who are too damned lazy to discover the truth for themselves, and will in turn post whatever they put up to read and quote. Just like you did.

No,i got it from my very own Koran,and used the sacred-texts link just for you.

Yeah, talk it up about how peaceful Islam is. And when it's your turn, or your children's you recall you didn't take time to fully investigate and study it for yourself.

I never said Islam was peaceful.I was trying to show you how people manipulate scripture for their own ends.

And if I were Israel, I'd vaporize every man, woman, child, meeting house, state house, dog house, outhouse, and cathouse in the country.

Proof that you're exactly the kind of ignorant fool governments rely on.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Another, I'm sorry you have fell on your arse yet again, try white christian male, oh dear has that upset you now, all you excitement climaxing into nothingness, ah well the fight goes on. Its simple really its just about education and becoming self aware, not just of yourself but others as well.

We all have our hates and grievance but that was programmed into us, the trick is to get all that garbage out of our heads and then we become enlightened. Its not your fault, its the fault of the media, your parents, and all the other ignorant people around you. Its not their fault they thought they were doing the right thing but they were not.

So now that you know what are you going to do with your new found knowledge?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Nice one Jakyl, good to see you slaying the disbelievers, your knowledge knows no bounds that you and I know of these people and their ways is a great upset to those who want to sleep in ignorance and indifference.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

To the rest it may seem harsh but it's true. If your not a muslim they want you dead. My question to you is, At what point do YOU pull the trigger and fight back against people who want you dead?

So,almost 1 and a half billion Muslims want that do they??

Iran has been forced into this position by Israel,don't believe me,visit my Farewell To Israel link.The best form of attack is to force the 'enemy' into attacking first,that way you can get more support for you supposed 'defense.'Its also a great way to get your country behind you;make them believe their in danger and you can get away with murder.This practice isn't new,the Romans made an art out of it.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Dooper, I see you want to follow in the footsteps of your Goverment, you want to see every Muslim dead, well how big of you, its bad enough we have got more than our fair share of murdering despots in the World but now we have them on ATS, you should be banned, no I take that back, you should be forced to live in a Muslim country for a year. Then perhaps you will see that these people are not the savages you make them out to be.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by mind is the universe

Where does Iran support war against Israel? By supplying Hamas and Hisbollah with arms and support making them Iranian foreign legions on Israels border. Israel has every right to take out this main pillar within The Axis of Evil.

Do you know for a fact, that they are supplying, can you tell me a bit about them too please. thanks. America supplies arms to dictators all over the world so in your case and arguement, The world as every right to take out this main pillar within the axis of evil = America

I love debunking people espeically like you

Iran is not provoking Israel, why are you dissmissing the facts and points I've made on this issue at hand, Please go back and read firstly and answer the question that I have asked you.

So your saying Iran is the Axis of evil, who actually made this claim intially I want the facts and the name of the person who said this. Thanks.

Also I have another question, Do you think that a nation such as Israel could be put into the "axis of evil" if it drops bombs or threatnens to do so on another nation.

Is this evil or good, Now this question I would appreciate answered directly from the point I've brought forward to you, hope you won't lead to such difficulty.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Another, I'm sorry you have fell on your arse yet again, try white christian male, oh dear has that upset you now, all you excitement climaxing into nothingness,

All i missed was "simpathetic to"

ah well the fight goes on. Its simple really its just about education and becoming self aware, not just of yourself but others as well.

I'm not aware of others, Dipsh8t i'm defending Israelies right to exist and defend themselves against those who want to kill them. Oh ya and want to keep my country and yours safe.

Its not your fault, its the fault of your parents, and all the other ignorant people around you. Its not their fault they thought they were doing the right thing but they were not.

Your an arugent SOB behind a computer screen, you ever think it's vice versa.

So now that you know what are you going to do with your new found knowledge?

Ask people what and who they support before i try and help. You miss it, you are not one of them. if they take over you are dead unless you follow there beliefs. Oh and no more ATS that would not be allowed.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

An anology i just posted on another thread.

If one of the tribes of the Native Americans had a historical record or scripture that said a certain amount of land was theirs by divine right,and it was decided that a state in said land should be created for them and those Americans who didn't leave were continuously oppressed;would you accept it?

Would you accept the loss of your home,your job,your land?

Would you be happy for this new state to start expanding because they believe more land is rightfully theirs?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

They are alot of people like Dooper that support Genocide, if they are profits and money to be made, then he will support it, he has been ON MANY WAR THREADS SUPPORTING WARS. No matter what the facts are, how unnacceptable it is, he supports, so there is only one conclusion,

It's his job to keep the cycle of war profits going. It could be well interesting to know how many people are behaving like dooper on this website, really interesting that. Dooper tell all your people, that I said hello and I don't accept your behaviour or your support on sick violent behaviour.

I've confronted him on many of them, Its all scripted and the exact same cave man and cave animal behaviour. Survival mode for humans, we must kill to survive. its right dog eat dog attitude, and if you dont agree your one of those stupid philosphyical philantropists spiritualists or liberals, anyone is a lable for dissagreeing with these blood money wars. Go read his stuff.

But back on topic. Israel behaviour is atrocious and disgusting. A country I thought had more diplomacy than this. I mean threatnening to drop a bomb. How long has this madness to go on for. Enough is enough.

I have no respect for Israel and no respect for the Yank busniesses trying to provoke an all out Iran war. Its Iraq all over again. I just hope people don't fall for this again. Genocide is what will happen out of this and profits to the elites. It has got to stop. People have got to behave like adults and treat each other will a little more respect, even if you cannot stand the person, at least have self respect. This applies the very same way to anation. Point made here on this post, Israel has lost all its credablity, trust and respect as a nation.

Now Israel will lose out as a result. If I don't respect Israel, I'm sure alot of other will too.

P.S Dooper is more than likely working for the government. Government's can easily monitor through T.V and brainwash people through that, On the internet they can't change or censor website, because if they do, someone will come along and create another site on world awareness, the internet is a world wide web, and the only way the government can have effect is to join these sites anomonously, so they create war threads on the axis of evil and have hundreds of profiles here to sprout it. It's so blantantly obvious, I'm well aware of it, and its really pathetic. Watch it for yourself, I've been tracked already

I mean seriously. You can fool people some of the time, but not all the time.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter

Iran has been widely suspected of mass terror worldwide including the sponsorship of Hamas and Hisbollah. The kidknap and murder of US Marine Higgins in 1989 gos straight bach to Iran, the attacks on Israel by the above terror groups go back to Iran, the bombings in Argentina go straight back to Iran, the terror attacks against US/UK troops in Iraq and Afghanistan show the IED roadside bombs were manufactured and supplied by Iran. I could go on and on. There is no way the west can allow this iranian terror state a nuclear capability. It's not in our interest. It's insane crazy!

Most of this is BS.

But wasn't the Iraq war plain crazy and Iraq was supected of a lot of things too, turned out to be false.

Pretty much all of what you said in your paragraph, Bush and his administration most likely stated about Iraq too in his scripts at the Whitehouse over the years. Annoncing to his fellow people of this "terror" we are witnessing and how much a threat Iraq was to the United States. More and more made up fear tactics to insight the people of America into more lies and BS

But I'm sure a few differents verbs and adjectives used for Iran in this case, like for example it was WMDs with Iraq (turned out to be false) Now Iran wanting to use Nuc against America (again not true) but you gather what I'm saying I'm sure. Let's get Iraq and now Iran. You know the more nonsense you sprout the more people actually wake up. Keep it up. People don't believe you, or your government. So this is where I'm seeing you hanging yourself up, all by yourself, so good on you and keep it up

WOW, crazy stuff isn't it. You've said it yourself.

CORRECTION. Iran is not a terror state. Please cut that crap out. I do not like Liars and I certainly do not like people spreading lies.

So what are you going to do when you run out of right wing nonsense and lies?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

Israel behaviour is atrocious and disgusting. A country I thought had more diplomacy than this. I mean threatnening to drop a bomb. How long has this madness go on for.

They also have this attitude of 'the holocaust-never forget.'
It shouldn't be,but some Jews are doing a damn fine job at forgetting,especially when it comes to attacking and bombing other countries.
Its the height of hypocrisy.

But i suppose we shouldn't expect anything else.In the bible when the Hebrews reached the Holy Land it was already inhabited,so they went to war.And those who weren't killed or chased off were enslaved.Pretty much got a similar situation now.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
To your suggestion that I had never served in the military, and that I have never fought face-to-face in combat, you force my hand.

Yes. I fought. And yes, I saw their last twitches, and heard their last sighs. I saw their eyes glaze over and the muscles relax as I actually held them twice on the end of my blade. 42 or 44 confirmed kills depending on whether you read company reports or battalion reports. Those are the ones who were confirmed.

I've seen what these kill-crazy bastards do. I just missed a group of them by two hours once, and it was a slaughter of peaceful farmers who wanted only to be left alone in peace. But, several were slaughtered in front of the others who were forced to watch.

So when I met these godless bastards, yes, I admit, mercy was not found in me. I made damned sure that those last few moments that they shared the terror that they had inflicted on others.

You know that white stuff in chikenschitt? It's chikenschitt too. Folks like you force folks like me and others to do your fighting because you want to conceal your damnedcowardice behind noble ideas of brotherhood, unfair conspiracies, enlightenment, on and on. At the end of the day, it's just what it is. Cowardice. No guts.

Israel is strong, and I hope they have the stomach for a massive slaughter, and within the next few weeks. Even if they can't or don't, according to promise, their God will make it happen, bringing the greatest slaughter the world has ever seen. According to Him, just to make a point. Israel is here to stay, and all the Muslims, all the old Persian Empire, and you can even throw in Russia, not even by combining - nothing can make them go away.

Get over it.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Another, you see there you go, you cannot win an argument with logical rational debate so you resort to abuse, but its ok I can take it, my job is to take the blind and the ignorant and to put them on the path of light.

The point you are missing and missing big time is that I know there are those those commit terrible crimes but violence beggets violence does it not. Yes you are correct Israel and its people have aright to exist in peace and freedom but so does everyone else and what you advocate is freedom for some but not all.

That is warped logic my friend and logic that will not prevail and should not. All of Earths people have a right to a home and freedom from persecution whom ever they may be, not just the ones you like and not those you dislike. Dislike because you have surrendered your brain to reason and logical thought.

The minute we state that one pesons life is worth less than another we are on the slipery slope to Genocide. But what happens when you who advocate this when someone comes for you, and your, children, your wife, your mother, your father etc. what then, will you acquiese to the tyrant, to the despot, please let me know.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
it's amazing the intolerance to those who disagree with you, yet you expect tolerance of others. I mean really from posts accusing dooper of wanting genocide? i dont know dooper but have a feeling from his posts the last thing he wants is genocide (trying to be careful not to speak for others) But, we simply disagree, and look at your attacks and anger.

Since i don't believe i've stated it, hear is where i stand on the issue. I do think and would support a strategic strike on the Iranian nuke facility based on the threats they have made to others. Had they never made the threats they did i would watch closely based on there beliefs but, would not support an attack. I would not and never want to see a nuke strike by any country. I understand others anger but would not support there solutions if that drastic.

I get were your coming from, disagree but get. my question is are you even able to attempt the same?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Those who devalue the lifes of others yes indeed by doing so devalue there own. You remind me of every college kid i with a new idea. Full of all the answers and yet no nothing but, My parents are stupid and wrong. while asking Daddy for a check and people like me to fight for your right to voice your opinion.

Yes freedom is sometimes taken away (see childhood) and as Iran acts like a child so they shall be treated.

What is it you have done that makes you so arrogant to your theories being correct?

If a tyrant was standing infront of me i would not bow, me and family i would do what i had to. But, with a belief in something greater than me, i would not turn on my creator and nor would my family.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Dooper, so we have established that you are a killer and you enjoy doing it, what more is there to say. If you cannot see your won wrongdoing your hardly to se anyone elses. Did you ever give a seconds thought to the people you killed, that they had a right to life and an existence, but you and your rotten corrupt Goverment invaded their lands and killed them and when they fought back you called them, insurgents, terrorists and muderers.

Tell me what do you call a person who is fighting to protect his home, family and his country. I would really like to know because obviously you dont, your or you were just another programmed killing machine but to your disgrace unlike many others who have admitted their duplicity you continue to advocate such actions which makes you no better than the very people you are calling murdering savages, it is you who acts like a savage and in turn beggets savagery.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Cowardice is the lack of courage to face danger.You and your disgusting attitude is dangerous.Yet,here some of us are,standing up to you.

Israel will bring about WW3 and ruin to America and you don't even see it.You greedily swallow the lies and propaganda,and hunger for more because you are full of blind patriotism and bile.

To see the world in a different light would shake your beliefs to the core.And that you fear more than anything else.Because you fear knowing that you have been lied to.You fear knowing that 1000's of Americans have died for truths that do not exist.You fear knowing that $1 trillion dollars has been wasted to chase terrorists that do not exist.You fear knowing that not all Muslims are Jihad crazy lunatics like you have been told.You fear knowing...full stop.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by jakyll]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join