It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel expected to bomb Iran, French foreign minister says

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Just how can it be anything but sure insanity to willingly want some one dead ?

Am I saying that it is not possible for an " event " to take place that may require ones nation's sons and daughters ( remember thats who it will be fighting the war , not you ) to be called to serve , no . I do believe that the situation may arise and like it or not war may be required , not that I will ever be justified to be the judge of any such matter . I mean how could I ? , or you for that matter .

If you ask the average person , or the average person here on ATS , as to if they think that there government is an open and fair entity reflecting the populations best interests at heart , you would most likely be told , no I don't " trust " the government

If you asked the same people as to if they trust the media , to those same standards that we just held the government , I am sure the answers would be just about the same .

Now if thats the case how can I except the information given to be accurate and worthy of me supporting a war that will kill many people .

If I thought that I knew all the facts and used " selected listening " and formed a " selected belief system " , or arguably ( programed response ) , would you not call that insanity ? Specially if I thought that belief could justify the killing of others ?

We have herd all about real situations ( which are a point of fact and not some crazy theory ) in which different governments have used " False Flag " operations to justify a war . Given that fact alone how can we be so blindly accept what we are told to be fact ? Then to form an opinion based on none accurate information would be sure madness .

Some one had posted some quotes by " great military men " in an earlier post in this thread and I tend to agree with the general consciences that I got from the quotes , which was war is very ugly and something to be avoided at all cost and if you one day find yourself in a war , get out of it as soon as possible . I would find that to be a very logical idea . No where in those quotes did I read about openly welcoming war , and seeking war . specially if my information is not accurate and comes from an unreliable source .

Why is it that when there is military action and its being broadcast live on TV. pizza delivery's can run almost as high as when the super bowl or world series takes place , how is this possible ?

I think that before we can form an opinion as to if its justifiable to purposely seek out and kill people we had better make dam sure that we have the best dam information that we can have , and if that means that we need to get off our ass and actually seek out our own information and not buy everything that is put in front of us , then dam it all thats what we had better do .

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Max_TO]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Another, So the tyrants in Iraq and Afgansitan are the axis of evil UK/US/ISREAL so what is your voice to those people, should they follow your advice and fight the aggressor the tyrant. If they stand up for their rights, that is to be in a country without infedels do they have any rights or are you going to tell them whats rights and freedoms they can have.

You want it yourself yet you deny it others, why, why the double standard, is the question to complex for you. Does your hatred and ignorance of others prevent you from stating what is right, again tell me I want to know.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

If a tyrant was standing infront of me i would not bow, me and family i would do what i had to. But, with a belief in something greater than me, i would not turn on my creator and nor would my family.

A tyrant has stood in front of you and you have bowed to him many times.

Your President.

There are 2 kinds of tyrants.

Those like Saddam and Hitler,who are not afraid to where their colours on their sleeves.

And then there are those who wear a suit and a smile and hide behind the concept of being civilized.

By starting 2 illegal wars,attempting to start a 3rd,changing the Constitution,founding Guantanamo Bay,introducing the Patriot Act,controlling the press,and many other things;the US President has all the makings of a tyrant.

(edit)

Well,i shouldn't say Bush coz he's an idiot.Its Cheney and Rumsfeld who are the tyrants.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Dooper sorry you have to deal with these self rightous idiots and i thank you for what you've done and for your service and sacrafice.

I find it funny that none of you bashers are even brave enough to say what country your from.

Let YOUR ignorance lead you to the nearest British mosque. SHEEPLE, just go with the flow.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
reply to post by magicmushroom

Those who devalue the lifes of others yes indeed by doing so devalue there own. You remind me of every college kid i with a new idea. Full of all the answers and yet no nothing but, My parents are stupid and wrong. while asking Daddy for a check and people like me to fight for your right to voice your opinion.

Yes freedom is sometimes taken away (see childhood) and as Iran acts like a child so they shall be treated.

What is it you have done that makes you so arrogant to your theories being correct?

If a tyrant was standing infront of me i would not bow, me and family i would do what i had to. But, with a belief in something greater than me, i would not turn on my creator and nor would my family.

What the hell are you talking about....... seriously can you put this into a few small based paragraph and explains who is behaving like the child

Israel wants to throw a bomb at another country, that is absurd, immature and insane.

Worse than a child.

Less of your crap please. Your anology is poo!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

You clearly have no idea what a tyrant is. I'm on ATS, if GW was a tyrant i would not be.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Dooper sorry you have to deal with these self rightous idiots and i thank you for what you've done and for your service and sacrafice.

I find it funny that none of you bashers are even brave enough to say what country your from.

Let YOUR ignorance lead you to the nearest British mosque. SHEEPLE, just go with the flow.

Ok. Lets get the FACTs straight.

If I strive for peace and thats been self righteous. Then Halleuhuah!!!!

Dropping bombs is not right, and what is going on right now is crazy. Why are you constantly been ignorant of what is wrong.

It's funny why I feel you wont answer my question
It's a real toughie isn't it.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

What does Iran want, and have threatend to do?

Sorry for run ons, on the phone while typing.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

What's your question?

Can you answer mine?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

FACT is he is. dance on the fact if you like.

But NOW I'm saying to you let's get back to the topic.

Can you answer my questions
It would be interesting for this thread.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

A tyrant is a sovereign or ruler who uses power oppressively or unjustly.

Has your government been just in starting 2 illegal wars??

Is telling people that questioning the President is unpatriotic not a form of oppression??

Is locking people up indefinatly and without a trial a just act??

Is keeping the death toll a secret a just act??

Is not giving people a choice in matters ($700 bailout) an act of oppression??

Does it matter??

[edit on 10-10-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

We will start slow

First question per post.

you said

Iran is a child and deserves to be treated like a child

My question to you is, since Israel is threatening to do harm onto another nation which is Iran by mean of bombing (Iran has said it does not want to go to war with Israel)

Then do you think that Israel is behaving as an adult? or been MATURE? I look forward to a direct grounded answer. When you answer this, then we will get to my next question. I really don't want you to miss out on them

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hold on...hold on ...... hold on......

Mind of is fron Ireland?

I have tried so hard to find "Bemish Irish red" here in the states with no luck.

If you drink beer, saver a sip would ya. That stuff is great.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Hold on...hold on ...... hold on......

Mind of is fron Ireland?

I have tried so hard to find "Bemish Irish red" here in the states with no luck.

If you drink beer, saver a sip would ya. That stuff is great.

Your behaving like a troll, been off topic and not contributing to the thread or my question I asked you.

When your ready

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

A direct answer... To me threatening is childesh. The question.. who is threatening who? who wants who wiped of the face of the earth(bad example) and called who a stinking rotten corpse.

link   
Another, no you have no understanding what a tyrant is, to you its some kind of evil monster but its not always like that. The German people saw Hitler as a saviour. he built the country back up, the military and all the rest of it and even after the war infact to this very day there are Germans who thought he was right and still support him.

You seem to think that for the US to be a dictatorship means you cannot be on the net, dont be so ignorant, read history, what the hell do you think happend in Germany with Hitler, life still went on, people got married had holidays abroad had kids and all the rest of it. but the dictatorship was there behind the scenes just like it is in the US only you cannot see it firstly because your not looking for it and you don't know what to look for anyway.

There is nothing wrong in admiting that you have been dupped or mislead, we have all been there its a process that we all go through but we can go through it quickly or at a snails pace the choice is ours.

How would you feel if you wa sreading on the net that everyone thought the US was a despot nation and you heard stories that other countries wanted to attack and nuke you what would you say. Would you shout I'm not like the despots in charge, what would you say. If you really want to experience life then experience it on the other side it may well open your eyes and hopefully your mind.

link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I think that before we can form an opinion as to if its justifiable to purposely seek out and kill people we had better make dam sure that we have the best dam information that we can have , and if that means that we need to get off our ass and actually seek out our own information and not buy everything that is put in front of us , then dam it all thats what we had better do .

But the vast majority never do.
Governments know this and thats how they can get away with murder.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

A direct answer... To me threatening is childesh. The question.. who is threatening who? who wants who wiped of the face of the earth(bad example) and called who a stinking rotten corpse.

Hmmmm...

So basically your saying Israel is been childish, you agree with me?
I'm glad you've realised this, should we take this slower

Israel wants to wipe Iran off the map. The fact is here already.

Next question. Now that you realise that Israel is not handling this at all. Iran doing all it can respectfully. It is been diplomatic and woefully cool considering the taunts and threats it has recieved.

Do you think its right and acceptable for a nation such as Israel to bomb another soveriegn nation?

EDIT: bolded clearly for you.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

How do you know he said such things ? Is it based on hear say ? What context was the statement given ? I have no idea and dare I say , nor do you .

Is this statement worthy of me looking into before I support the killing of others ? I would say yes . So do I believe the report as its given ? Spicily when I know the source is not trust worthy ? Of course not . If such a statement troubles me enough to call for war then it had better be enough to make me do some independent thinking and fact hunting for my self first hand .

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Why has my questions not been answered?

Iran threatens israel, see prior posts.

5:45 PM my time, going home. Not running. Will check back Monday and reply.

Maybe by then you will have answered my questions.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join