It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel expected to bomb Iran, French foreign minister says

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by chips

Yep, I agree. And in the words of Machiavelli, "never do an enemy a small injury."

There's something more here going on, and I don't have a clue. No sane, rational, prudent nation would continue along the path that Iran has taken. Their actions and rhetoric make no sense. I mean, it's suicidal.

Oh well. Their blood be on their own heads. They know what's on the table. That's the downside of stupidity. They take a lot more convincing to know you're serious.

And if Iran follows through on its threat to attack the United States, that's even sweeter. Justified provocation.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I agree , I do not think there is any way possible that Iran's terms could be accepted .
I did however want to post the story as it fit right in with news stories that coincide with my original post regarding this thread .

Having said that I still hold out hope that there is some way that cooler heads can still prevail so that a terrible war can be avoided .

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Max_TO]

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Max_TO]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Here is one more story of interest that I found regarding this topic .

October 12, 2008
Warning signs of an Israeli strike on Iran
Some key decision makers in Israel fear that unless they attack Iranian nuclear enrichment facilities in the next few months, while George W Bush is still president, there will not be another period when they can rely on the United States as being anywhere near as supportive in the aftermath of a unilateral attack.

In the past 40 years there have been few occasions when I have been more concerned about a specific conflict escalating to involve, economically, the whole world. We are watching a disinformation exercise involving a number of intelligence services. Reality is becoming ever harder to disentangle.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

I do not see any attack on Iran as being an easy thing with no consequence and I feel that those that do see an attack on Iran as being as easy as dropping some bombs are not seeing the bigger picture , at least in MHO . I am sorry if my opinion offends some of you but I see this as one big mess that well bring the world no good at all .

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I happen to agree with Israel and a number of others in the need to bomb Iran. The further back toward the Stone Age, the better! But, we're all wrong according to you, and you're right! Are you sure?

And why does this need to happen?
Why can Israel make threats but Iran can't?

Have you seen any concrete evidence that Iran have nuclear weapons?

Are you even aware of the crimes committed by Israel against the Palestinians,and that they have been happening for 60yrs?

If Israel was a communist country would you put up with such behaviour?
Not bloody likely!

There's something more here going on, and I don't have a clue. No sane, rational, prudent nation would continue along the path that Iran has taken. Their actions and rhetoric make no sense. I mean, it's suicidal.

Why don't you try doing a little research,maybe then you'll see that what you have been told is BS.....oh wait,thats right,you fear knowing.

Justified Provocation

Exactly what Israel and America is hoping for.
As i said in a previous post,provoking the 'enemy' into making the first move is an age old tactic.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Here is a story that I just found , a story that I hope can be the start of some good in achieving common ground ..

Iranian boy is treated for brain tumour at Israeli hospital
An Iranian teenager suffering from a serious brain tumour has been brought to an Israeli hospital for treatment, in a rare case which goes against the grain of regional politics.The 13-year-old, who has been identified only as Roy to prevent him and his family facing persecution on their eventual return to Iran, arrived in Chaim Sheba hospital in Tel Hashomer, near Tel Aviv, on Friday, after a journey assisted by an Israeli businessman of Iranian origin.
When surgery, chemotherapy and radiation at medical facilities in Iran failed to help their son, the boy's parents took him to Turkey, where doctors advised them to seek treatment at Sheba. The hospital has a highly regarded cancer treatment programme.
The Israeli embassy in Ankara issued permits for them to enter the country.
"As far as we are concerned, we are not involved in politics," the chief executive officer of Sheba hospital, Zeev Rotstein, said.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
oh im sorry, the death star will ge fully operational.

if we pull out all our troops tomorrow the place will soon destabilize due to the violent ones over there and we usa will take the blame for leaving and then some of the violent ones over there will relight the oil wells again.
if we stay over there we are sure to loose alot more troops than ever immagined. tensions over there are very bad. all the violence from one religion to the next, and different cultures, ideas, concepts of how wimen should be, slavery of wimen, life over there. to many issues. if it were up to me i would bring home all the troops, and let them nuke one another. but this is too easy, because of the global resources over there. america needs to get rid of the oil. this is very hard considering all the oil products that oil makes. plastics for every use, gas to run your transportation, rubber in the tires have oil,heating the house, cooking the meals just to name a few. sure we can go to coal but it takes to much money to extract oil out of coal and not to mention all the pollution it produces. we america need a fix to do things differently, efficiently, cheaper and cleanner so we can overcome the weakness on foriegn dependentcy on resources. that way we will have no need to protect oil wells, and other resources in other countries. this will not happen because the powers at be do not want us to have that kind of freedom. keep america peoples down and dependent on it. that is the oil buisness. caint loose buisness, keep the money train flowing, the need for .well that is the end. saudi gave us the ultimatume on oil we only get so much cause the rest of the world needs some too. sure there is oil elsewhere but it takes time and money to get to it, borders to different countries where the oil is located. there are other problems like the global ones. the damage that katrina did on the economy housing took a big hit, recently ike. on wells here. i do not think that they will nuke one another it will be a all out war without nukes, because of the resources over there, they do not want to loose the resources or money they have over there. we need a change in our system so bad here , but this will not happen. the gluttony like stated in the bible will continue and we will be dependent on foriengn resources so this leads to wars with the peoples that have the resources so the american ecomomy do not collapse. so since we the peoples in the usa who do not have that power , well i guess isreal will have to bomb iran.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Yes big corporations are playing with us the oil consuming puppets .

I don't think anyone expects the US to just pick up and leave just like that , Iran has even stated that a US withdraw needs to happen along a planed time table .

You reap what you sow .

We cant assume that because Iran doesn't recognize the Israel government that they will simply blow that part of the world up , specially when the information that we are being feed is less then accurate .

Do I agree with a lot of Iran's foreign policy , no , but that doesn't mean I want to see a war happen because of it .

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

I do not believe what I'm "told." And crimes against Paletinians? How about the yahoos killing Israelis since 1948?

Jesus Christ! You are one of the most skewered, opinionated know-nothings I've ever encountered.

Let's see. If I am Israeli, and my citizens have been attacked and killed hundreds of times, my country has been attacked and invaded over and again, and I strike back, where the hell is the problem with that?

I noticed the Palestinians cheering when the World Trade Towers fell. If Israel is really smart, when they get finished with Iran, they'll liquidate the Gaza Strip. No problematic peoples, no problems.

I wish to ask you a question, and I'm very, very serious. Have you personally, ever met an armed enemy who specifically designed to kill you personally, bored in on you personally, a man you had never met before, and then in turn had to kill him to stop him? Have you ever had to kill in self-defense? Ever?

I'm not being a smartass asking the question. I really want to know.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

There's something more here going on, and I don't have a clue.

Is there a possibility that Iran already has some kind of nuclear device, Dooper? Or maybe even secret reassurances from Russia or some other nation(s)? Maybe that would explain their... well, seemingly inexplicable bravado at this point.

Or maybe they really are just bug-f*ck crazy.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chips

Here is yet one more interesting link I found to a news story which is reporting that Russia " may " have helped Iran learn how to detonate a nuke ..

Nuclear aid by Russian to Iranians suspected

PARIS — International nuclear inspectors are investigating whether a Russian scientist helped Iran conduct complex experiments on how to detonate a nuclear weapon, according to European and American officials. As part of the investigation, inspectors at the International Atomic Energy Agency are seeking information from the scientist, who they believe acted on his own as an adviser on experiments described in a lengthy document obtained by the agency, the officials said.

www.iranfocus.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Jesus Christ! You are one of the most skewered, opinionated know-nothings I've ever encountered.

You've tested my knowledge several times,and been made to look a fool.

I am aware that the Palestinians,Hezbollah etc are not totally innocent.But what you seem to be forgetting is that the Palestinians have had their land stolen.And after the 6 Day War,Israel kept the land it had won,i.e.the land designated the Palestinians by the UN Mandate,and since then the West Bank,Gaza Strip and the Golan Heights have been under Israeli control.The people have been imprisoned by walls and roadblocks,they have been denied the right to vote,and their home and land is still being taken and they are still being murdered.They are not fighting because they hate Israel,they are fighting for their homes,their land and their lives.Is that too difficult for you to understand?

Israel broke the UN Mandate and have yet to be brought to justice for doing so.The 40 plus years of military occupation of the land mentioned above is a slap in the face to the Palestinians and shows a total disregard for the values and policies you hold on to so dearly.

Let me give you a few examples;Iraq invades Kuwait,the UN and America step in.War in the Balkans,the UN and America step in.Russia and Georgia go to war,the UN and America step in.Israel invades Palestinian land.......

And,no,like most people i've not been in the kind of life and death situation you're talking about.The nearest comparison i have is having to live through 30yrs of terrorism at the hands of the IRA.Who do i blame for that? The IRA and the British Government,in equal measure.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

That may be what's going on. I had an Iranian work for me fifteen years ago and he got stuck here in the US when the Shah fell. Many of Iran's best and brightest were here in school at the time, and couldn't go home as he told me they would be killed upon arrival. I took his word for it as he probably knew more of his country than I did.

But the most interesting thing he told me was that for centuries, Russia was waiting for the right moment. That Iran was like a ripe apple, and would one day drop into their hand. We all know that the collapse of the Soviet Union was a result of their going broke trying to keep up with the US and NATO.

Very cash poor until the past couple years, it is highly likely that for cash, Russia would sell anything. Hell, in the early days of the disassembly of the USSR, anyone with cash could buy anything they wanted. Jets, missiles, and whatever. Even nuclear material was being smuggled out and the smugglers were caught before they could pass a border - can't remember which one.

Yeah, Russia would make a deal with the Devil himself if there were cash involved. All those scientists and engineers were suddenly out of work. Access to plans, materials, and engineering technology were there for the taking.

Whatever is going to happen to stop Iran is going to happen soon. I too, believe that this won't be a clean, painless endeavor. But then again, it's the nasty stuff that seems to work best, to make future generations resolve not to return to their fathers errors.

There were more killed in the fighting for Okinawa during those 81 days than both nuclear weapons killed. So, which is best? Methinks the easiest. I've been portrayed as a warmonger, an irresponsible American facist, on and on. But I also know first-hand what war does to both sides. I had my best friend die in my arms, and I personally killed the SOB that got him.

There is nothing good about war. And it isn't very pleasant.

But the alternatives are sometimes much, much worse.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I was doing research for another thread and ran accross this, thought you might be interested:

www.defensetech.org...

Discusses the feasability of the actual attack. Isreal and Iran's miitary capabilities. Informative.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by itguysrule

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Something worth mentioning .. Iran right now is having some internal problems from inflation running at 29 % to public protests regarding a new sales tax to university students protesting the poor job market , to Iran giving oil to Pakistan to cover defaulted payments on money owed . If Iran is attacked it will unite the people of Iran and make them forget about all the social problems that they are going through . It may prove much more beneficial to let Iran solve Iran's problems , or should I say let the people of Iran solve there own government problems rather then start dropping bombs only to unite the people behind there government that could very well be on the way out buy the peoples own hand .

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Max_TO]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by mind is the universe

No, I don't see your logic and I certainly don't see your understanding of the issues. In fact, contrary to your claim, you haven't presented any facts at all. Just an opinion.
Well then your just been a troll if that's your response to people all the time. Trolling is what you do on war threads, you trophy parade violence. In fact, you've stated its the only real way to deal with conflict. You really haven't backed anything up. I can understand why your so ignorant of reality. You don't live in reality.

(Misplaced though it may be) The subject matter is that Israel is expected to bomb Iran, to preempt nuclear capability by a country that has threatened Israel's existence. Would you like to get back on topic?
I've always been at the heart of this topic.
Why is it ok and acceptable for Israel to bomb Iran, you still haven't given a logical explanation as to why? I don't want your opinion I want facts and answers to your statement of Israel is expected to bomb Iran, for what? I just want the question asked on this very action?

Iran has not Threatened Israel Existence, the Iranian leader has debunked that claim, Someone on this thread even out of his own time, posted up the article which states so. Again your been ignorant of the facts.
It's just republicans, governments agents and people like you, spreading malicous rumours, to get us into another illegal and unessesary war. If you really believe in this nonsense, go out and fight for it. Otherwise don't make up accusations, that could lead us into dangerous situations like your pursuing other's to get into.

Is it just me, or do I seem to bother you? You seem so agitated when you reply to me, and I'd hate for you to vapor-lock on us. Maybe you should ignore me.
I'm agitated and shocked, at your behaviour on this thread.

You ask how is my contribution beneficial? Let's see. OH! I know! (but I'm not telling you)
Ok.

I think folks like you like to bait others with intentionally flawed logic. Since you seem to enjoy it, would that perchance make you a Master Baiter?
Please lay off the false judgements and trolling.

I happen to agree with Israel and a number of others in the need to bomb Iran. The further back toward the Stone Age, the better! But, we're all wrong according to you, and you're right! Are you sure?

You are wrong. Don't speak for others. The majority of people do not want war. If you agree with Israel, why don't you go fight for it, don't sit on a computer and support others to get killed in a war, your not willing to fight aswell.

Oh, and that last little bit. Suggesting there are government agents on ATS. Even more profound is your ability to smell Government Agents from a mile away?? Really? Do you realize that with a nose like that you could get a job with any government in the world? Just hanging around airports!
Ok.

No, I think your nose is so accustomed to the smell of your own bull**** that you couldn't smell your house on fire.
I think you need to go cool off somewhere, and get yourself sorted.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Very cash poor until the past couple years, it is highly likely that for cash, Russia would sell anything.

Russia has been making money since the fall of communism.And any country would do anything for cash,even the UK and the US.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

If Iran is attacked it will unite the people of Iran

Its not just Iran it will unite.Not only will other Muslim countries come to their aid but also countries showing increasing anger at America's policies and actions such as Italy and Japan.

America's greatest strength is its location;its isolation from other countries.If it had had to suffer a modern war and systematic attacks and bombing for years on end,then maybe the governments attitude would be different.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Here is another news report just out of Iran

Iran to flex muscle in aerial drill

Iran's Air Force is set to test the country's state-of-the-art military equipment and flight tactics in a large-scale aerial maneuver.

Iran's show of armed muscle is aimed at demonstrating the country's military offensive capabilities in the wake of escalating war threats against the Islamic Republic.

The upcoming military exercise is scheduled to be launched in Iran's northwestern city of Tabriz on Thursday and will resume in different Iranian cities including Tehran, Isfahan, Hamedan, and Dezfoul.

Iranian Armed Force has been holding military exercises on a regular basis after Israel conducted an air maneuver over the Eastern Mediterranean and Greece in early June, which according to Pentagon officials, appeared to be a rehearsal for a potential bombing attack on Iran's nuclear facilities.

Over 100 Israeli F-16s and F-15s took part in the exercise, which spanned some 900 miles, roughly the distance between their airfields and a nuclear enrichment facility in the central Iranian city of Natanz.

www.tehrantimes.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by mind is the universe

I've always been at the heart of this topic.
Why is it ok and acceptable for Israel to bomb Iran, you still haven't given a logical explanation as to why? I don't want your opinion I want facts and answers to your statement of Israel is expected to bomb Iran, for what? I just want the question asked on this very action?

My reply: Israel is expected to bomb Iran because no one else will do it. If we don't do it, we now will have a radical president (of Iran) with nuclear weapons in his power and he WILL use them. He has said so. He has called the United States The Great Satan and Israel The Little Satan. If you have read anything on radical Muslims, they HATE us, they hate democracy, they hate Christians, they hate freedom.

www.usatoday.com...

Iran has not Threatened Israel Existence, the Iranian leader has debunked that claim, Someone on this thread even out of his own time, posted up the article which states so. Again your been ignorant of the facts.
It's just republicans, governments agents and people like you, spreading malicous rumours, to get us into another illegal and unessesary war. If you really believe in this nonsense, go out and fight for it. Otherwise don't make up accusations, that could lead us into dangerous situations like your pursuing other's to get into.

My reply: Iran HAS threatened Israel AND us (the United States). Also, radical Muslims believe it is alright with Allah to lie to us, so...Iran has lied not debunked the so called claim of destroying Israel.

www.adl.org...

www.adl.org...

edition.cnn.com...

[edit on 10/15/2008 by bjbrown61]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join