It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel expected to bomb Iran, French foreign minister says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Anmother, for your information Iran was a stable country till we started messing about with it and killed off their elected president and put in place the puppet Shah. Stop being ignorant and read up on history. Its obvious the likes of you and others ar only interested in how many people you can kill yet you know nothing of these people or their respective countries which again is just ignorance on your part.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
If Israel attack Iran I hope Iran retaliate and complete destroy Israel.. mutual destruction will make me more happy. Two less idiots countries from face of planet. It will make the life of the rest of planet much better.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think there's an obvious amount of propaganda,misinformation and misdirection going on here.

I was just looking at an article about Israel bombing Iran;its from January last year.
www.timesonline.co.uk...

And here's an article from 2006.
news.bbc.co.uk...

So,is it real,or just deliberate scare-mongering??

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
theblunttruth

I don't agree or support a military solution, but lets get this straight, Iran IS a threat to more countries than Israel is. It is a threat to Israel, a threat to Lebanon, Saudi Arabia not to mention its interfering in Iraq and Afghanistan. This illusion that Iran and its regime are "peacefu" is tantamount to ignorance!

Huh?

Iran isn't a threat to any of those countries,especially as their hatred for Israel unites them.

And they have every right to get involved with Iraq and Afghanistan as they share a border with each and have to deal with the fall out of the current war.

"Trying to help their neighbours", is that some sort of ignorant joke? Their support of militias has done nothing but undermine a democratic elected government in Iraq. How is their support of Hezbollah in Lebanon helping Lebanons unity government? Arming a political force, who, as recently witnessed, reign terror on Lebanon to get their own way, this time in the way of a veto in parliament. I suggest you read Hezbollahs 1985 manifesto which clearly states one of their main goals as "imposing islamic government in lebanon", please tell me how that is supporting the unity government and the peoples of Lebanon?

Hezbollah was formed in Lebanon and is a Lebanese organization.Iran support them in their fight against Israel,not in the fight against their own government.Israel is the only one in (possible) danger,not fellow Muslim controlled countries.

afterall wasn't it Iran that attacked Iraq for 8 years with biological and chemical weapons on mass populous.

Err,it was Iraq who invaded Iran.And it was the Iraqi's who used chemical warfare.It appears your history on Iran isn't that hot after all.

dooper

If your leader brings destruction down on your head, then you were the ones who put him there, you were the ones who followed him, allowed him to continue, and you should be the ones who reap what your leaders sow.

Unbelievable amount of stupidity in that comment.

Are you prepared to reap what the US government has sown??

[edit on 8-10-2008 by jakyll]

[edit on 8-10-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Very good point you bring up but when you look at all the stuff that seems to be building up right now its not that unlikely to think that the hour may be getting closer . Not sure if you had the chance to have a look at the few news stories that I posted on the first page or not but those " stories " seem to be on the increase , not to mention the request that Israel made of the states for the bunker buster bombs and the Syrian build up of troops on the Lebanon boarder .

I for one do hope this is more of the same old talk that we have all grown accustom to
but when you take a look at all the reports that are coming out one could see things getting hot sooner rather then later .

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
My friend, you need to expand a bit your grasp of history.

Iran is Persian. Lebanon, Syria, Saudi Arabia, etc., are Arab. Traditionally, Arabs hate Persians, and likewise, Persians hate Arabs. Persians look upon Arabs as a group of backwards, lazy, ignorant, malcontent subhumans, ideally suitable to use against Israel. They consider Arabs as well beneath them, and certainly nothing near their equal.

The thing is, a lot of those Arabs, Syrian and Hizballah Lebanese, are exactly what the Persians perceive: ignorant. They truly are being used, too stupid to realize it.

The old saying of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend," is not exactly true, even though some will mistakenly embrace that concept. It always comes back to bite you right in the ass.

This happened in 1968 when North Vietnam encouraged the VC to assault South Vietnam. The were slaughtered, making room for the NVA to come in and fill the vacuum.

So yes, Syria hates Israel. And yes, Iran will be more than happy to see both Iranian enemies fight each other. All this is a misdirection, designed to purchase time. Time to accumulate nuclear material and develop the facilities to pursue nuclear weapons. Think about it. They could give one to Hizballah, and their hands are "clean."

What stupid American, Europeans, Russian, Chinese, Indian and others don't fully recognize yet is that this is the early stages of an all-out holy war. Islam against the world. You can deny it, you can denounce it, you can ignore it, but increasingly, it appears that within the next few years, things are going tits up.

My only point earlier was rather than wait and absorb the first hit, rather the wheels coming off on someone else's timeline at an unknown time, you make it happen on your time, wide awake, while you are looking, while you are prepared.

Anyone with any particle of common sense knows that war with Iran is coming. Eventually. Prudence requires one question: Do you strike while he isn't prepared and isn't looking, or let him strike you first?

And you are one dumb SOB if you want to wait.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So Dooper, when Iran nukes the US they are the smart ones yes, or if they nuke Israel the same applies, Oh hang on a minute they havent got any nukes, they are not able to project their power outside of the ME, yikes I have just realised that they are not a threat at all, so no need to worry then.

No what we should do is tell the Israelis that if they attempt to satrt ww3 we will do the samson option on them, I wonder how they would like that, I dont think they would like it one bit would they. Iran is not a threat but the axis of evil is UK/US/ISREAL. I have listed those three in line with their status in the World.

Dooper, the best thing to happen is for all the sheeple to realise that they do not need to die for greed, profit or religion, that whilst we the little peole suffer and die they the parasites get richer and more powerful as time goes on.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Iran is Persian. Lebanon, Syria, Saudi Arabia, etc., are Arab. Traditionally, Arabs hate Persians, and likewise, Persians hate Arabs. Persians look upon Arabs as a group of backwards, lazy, ignorant, malcontent subhumans, ideally suitable to use against Israel. They consider Arabs as well beneath them, and certainly nothing near their equal.

I am well aware of these differences,but Arabs and Persians are unified by religion not ethnicity.Being a Sunni or Shi'a is more important than anything else.

And have you noticed,it was only after Iran's support of Hezbollah became known that the west (US) started telling the world that they were a threat.

Since the spring of 1992 public opinion in Israel is being prepared for the prospect of a war with Iran,to be fought to bring about Iran’s total military and political defeat.In one version,Israel would attack Iran alone,in another it would ‘persuade’ the West to do the job.
(written in 1993)
www.ifamericansknew.org...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Here is a follow up to one of the news stories that I posted on the first page regarding Israel's talks with Russia in an attempt to have Russia stop any sale of weapons to Iran .

Russia Non-Committal to Israel About Iran
Israeli Premier Ehud Olmert has given no indication that he received any solid promise from the Russian president about military sales or sanctions on Iran during his trip to Moscow.
Nearing the end of his scandal-plagued unfinished term, Olmert went to Moscow this week in an effort to persuade the Kremlin leaders not to sell advanced missile systems to Iran and Syria, Presstv reported.
“In all, I leave with the feeling that the highest levels of the Russian government understand well the Israeli position and are aware of the ramifications that such sales would have on stability in the region,“ Olmert told reporters following a meeting with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.

www.iran-daily.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Here is something you may find interesting , its a prediction from a USAF veteran, Douglas Herman on what he believes day one of " the war " with Iran would look like

The War With Iran

Day One -
The War With Iran

By Douglas Herman
A Rense.com Exclusive
1-9-5

The war began as planned. The Israeli pilots took off well before dawn and streaked across Lebanon and northern Iraq, high above Kirkuk. Flying US-made F-15 and F-16s, the Israelis separated over the mountains of western Iran, the pilots gesturing a last minute show of confidence in their mission, maintaining radio silence.

Just before the sun rose over Tehran, moments before the Muslim call to prayer, the missiles struck their targets. While US Air Force AWACS planes circled overhead--listening, watching, recording--heavy US bombers followed minutes later. Bunker-busters and mini-nukes fell on dozens of targets while Iranian anti-aircraft missiles sped skyward.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Max_TO]

====
Mod Edit: 'ex' tags, snip of v.large quote and link

[edit on 18/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Continued

An orange alert in New York City suddenly reddened to a full-scale terror alarm when a package detonated on a Manhattan subway. Mayor Bloomberg declared martial law. Governor Pataki ordered the New York National Guard fully mobilized, mobilizing what few national guardsmen remained in the state.

President Bush looked shaken at 2 PM. The scroll below the TV screen reported Persian Gulf nations halting production of oil until the conflict could be resolved peacefully. Venezuelan president, Hugo Chavez, announced a freeze in oil deliveries to the US would begin immediately. Tony Blair offered to mediate peace negotiations, between the US and Israel and Iran, but was resoundingly rejected.

By 6 PM, Eastern Standard Time, gas prices had stabilized at just below $10 a gallon. A Citgo station in Texas, near Fort Sam Houston Army base, was firebombed. No one claimed responsibility. Terrorism was not ruled out.

At sunset, the call to prayer--in Tehran, Baghdad, Islamabad, Ankara, Jerusalem, Jakarta, Riyadh--sounded uncannily like the buzzing of enraged bees.

www.rense.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

You honestly thing that Iran is not a threat outside the Middle East? That kind of thinking resulted in Pearl Harbor. The Twin Towers. There was no way the Japanese were a threat to the mighty American base at Pearl Harbor.

You assume too much, my friend. Much better to identify an enemy, close with that enemy, and then destroy that enemy before he gets the drop on you.

That old Western BS where the Good Guy give the Bad Guy first draw, and somehow beats him to the draw with a well placed shot is a load of crap.

Dead is dead, and it doesn't get any better with time. Prudence is what requires the life of your enemy as the opportunity presents itself.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If war does break out with Iran during this time of financial crises in the west , understanding that the price of oil will most certainly rise , would this not put the nail in the coffin and just decimate most of the worlds economy ?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Looks like Israel is working on Russia now to try to gain their favor and support.

Alarm Over Plan to Transfer Jerusalem Land to Russia

The Russians are coming to downtown Jerusalem, reclaiming ownership of a landmark with the approval of the Israeli government, just as Prime Minister Ehud Olmert visits Moscow to try to iron out serious policy differences between the two countries.
******SKIES******
The timing of the gesture is clear. After years of relatively smooth relations, serious problems have cropped up between Israel and Russia. One concerned Russia's summer invasion of Georgia, which has become a close ally of Israel in recent years. More importantly, Israel is concerned about Russia's role in helping, or not stopping, the nuclear program of Israel's archenemy, Iran.

Olmert hopes to talk through those issues during his two-day trip to Moscow.

I doubt Israel will be able to persuade Russia from helping Iran with its nuclear program though.

Then again, maybe they figure that this gesture of giving them a piece of land in Jerusalem will soften Russia's response when they do actually bomb Iran.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yes Israel could very well be trying to buy Russia off with this move . It will prove very interesting to see what happens .
I cant help but feel that Russia is quit possibly playing Israel on this one though .
I still believe that any military action will heart the west and Israel more then Iran in the long run .
I would suspect that before Israel does take any action , assuming they do , we are likely to see an assassination of key Iranian officials .
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Israel pulled its own Yon Kipper surprise this time around .

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Max_TO]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Here's something I've been wondering: How does Ahmadinejad's Iran in 2008 compare with Saddam Hussein's pre-Gulf War '91 Iraq - military-wise?

Stronger? Weaker? The same?

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Hey max do you use the R.A.T.S forum?

if so i would love you to check this link out ..

I predicted this event to happen in October .. 3 months ago , my source says its going nuclear all the way and Isreal will strike first.

for the worlds sake i hope we are both wrong.

anyway check it out

Iran and what Isreals wants

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This most likely is the so-called Gog/Magog(russia/iran) war referred to in ezekiel:38,39. Israel will be attacked (after they attack Iran?) and will defeat the enemy. This will set up the world stage for the antichrist to come in ,make the peace for 3&1/2 years and proclaim himself to be God.

There is no doubt that Israel feels cornered and will attack the nuclear sites in Iran;just a matter of when.

C2C had a guest last night and,just as a sidebar, he said the antichrist would be named Mobus;if the "s "is an "a" it is an anagram for Obama. Not to say it is true,just a curiosity to throw out there.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Dooper, perhaps you would like to list what military forces Iran has that can attack anyone outside of the ME. Instead of preaching bullcrap how about looking at the facts and reality. You like so many others have been sucked into their out to get us syndrome which again is a pile of poo.

And as far as PH or 9/11 are concerned they happened because the powers that be wanted it simple as that. Stop reading Faux news and all the other crap and start using your brains as to what is really going on. The simple facts are this, the majority of the Worlds population want to live in peace, have a roof over their heads and food in the bellies only the power mad and the extremists want us all killing each other.

Not one war in mans history has made the man in the street rich or powerful, no what happens is that he ends up dead, so I will ask you again are you ready to die for personal profit, greed and religeuos bigotry, no I dont think so. Try to read between the lines as to what is really going on.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well, betting on Israel attacking Iran is not entirely crzy, but in my opinion it is highly unlikely for the following reasons.

1. Israel would not be able to effectively neutralize the sites, there are too many of them and they are too well concealed. This isn't the Iraqi reactor deal by a long stretch.

2. The US is currently bending over backwards to give Israel ANYTHING it wants to stay out of things and play nice. The latest deal to buy more F-16Is wasn't a preparation for war, it was a gift to AVOID war.

3. Any attempt would have to be repeated many times and on a regular basis to stand any chance of being permanently effective because of point 1. above.

4. Iran would immediately blockade the Gulf and put a strangle hole on oil supplies, causing the the current economic decline to go vertical.

It just will not happen unless the Iranians do something really stupid such as detonating a nuclear warhead in a test, if that happens all bets are off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join