It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel expected to bomb Iran, French foreign minister says

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
dooper

There was no way the Japanese were a threat to the mighty American base at Pearl Harbor.

Wait.

There was a world war raging,and the closest enemy country to America wasn't a threat

In the 1970's/80's the Israelis recognized the difference between Iran’s rhetoric and its policy,and treated Iran as a potential regional ally,regardless of the nature of its regime and its rhetoric.They even went against American policy and sold arms to the Iranians!

What changed this fragile 'friendship?'
Shimon Peres’s vision for a “new middle east”,which entailed Iran’s prolonged isolation and exclusion from regional affairs.This 'new middle east' is 'Greater Israel' and that will share a border with Iran.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

I will check it out , thanks .

The link doesn't seem to be working

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Max_TO]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Magic, we haven't agreed on a single thing yet, which I find comforting. Many is the person who looks at the immediate area right in front of him, and never, ever looks up at the skyline, the weather, down the road, across the crevasse, or even checks his six.

Distaste for Israel and Jews clouds judgment, and the result is disjointed assumptions. You mention that we should threaten the Samson Option. There's something that the Israeli's have that is far beyond any technology yet used in battle. The world has never seen it. Nukes are primitive by comparison. And guess where we in the United States are getting our education in this technology? Recall, it was Israel that first startled the US with remotely piloted vehicles, just one of many advancements we in the United States and Britain have benefitted from that originated in Israel.

No, the Us already owes Israel a lot more than commonly acknowledged. So I doubt that we're going to shoot our teachers.

Sheeple? Little people? I though they were extinct. And while I'm envious of those who do, I see no great sin with getting rich.

Jakyll - no way! Their religion is not stronger than their mutual hatred for each other. The glue is their mutual hatred for Israel which far exceeds even their hatred for each other. And no, Hizballah, after being enriched by Iran has increasingly been recognized as a significant force since the bombing of our Marines in Beirut.

Magic - List the forces that Iran could threaten Israel with? Nuclear material set off up wind of Israel, dirty bombs given to Hizballah, or missiles being purchased, modified, and improved by Iran that are coming from Russia, North Korea, and possibly China.

Hey. Wake up. Every war is fought for more power, more territory, more greed, more influence, more power, more booty, or a religious hatred, nationalist hatred, cultural hatred, or just for the pure hell of it because someone has a leader with a fiery rhetoric.

The thing is that you don't understand is that you may not actually be the deciding factor on whether you go to war or not. If a threat is perceived, a threat has been made, preparations to enable this threat are being made, and intentions to fulfill this threat are detected, then you are one dumb, dead SOB if you don't kill him first.

Because our own death is frequently not all that is required by your enemy. It's your wives, your families, you neighbor's your children, and your friends. And if you just stand by while he attacks the neighbors, just wait. You're likely to be next.

Predators love a pacifist. Love hesitation. Love noble concepts of humanity in their prey. And while his prey is busy applying reason and goodwill, the predator can pop him right through the head while he's looking up references.

And Jakyll, in December of 1939, the United States was not at war. No one at Pearl Harbor thought for a moment that they were subject to attack with all the naval power right there on the premises! It was inconceivable, and thus the surprise. Attack.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Dooper, my eyes are wide open thank you very much, and for your information wars have nothing to do with threats or any of that crap, its about well laid plans by certain people with an aim and objective in sight. War is just merely the vehicle that allows the perps to achieve their objective, human casulties merely being a side issue.

The main players dont give a toss about Jews, Muslims, Catholics or anyone else for that matter. All they are interested in is their goals and they dont care how they achieve them. But for Israel the cards are stacked against them no matter who is backing them. The best thing would be to ship them all out to another part of the World. The US would be a good choice seeing that they give the Israelis billions in free money and also the US itself would not have to spend trillions fighting to protect the Israelis.

There you go problem solved, move the whole lot out and everyone is happy. All the religeous dogma is not worth the life of 1 human being. And my stance has nothing to do with being anti semitic or a liberal which I'm not. But going round with the thought of I will shoot first only guarantees one thing, your death.

And Pearl Harbour was an event that was planned and executed with the conivance of the US Goverment just as 9/11 was, both events used as a means to start wars or become engaged with them. The Idea that Japan could have threatened anyone is plainly stupid, other than the wars it has had with China, Japan was and never would be in a possition to attack the US or anyone else. Just as with them Iran is now being touted in the same vein. Iran and its people have threatened no one, the country does not have the military means to project it power outside the ME and never will yet so many Americans and others I may add are now panicing about Iran.

And why are they, becuase the lying corrupt Western media machine paints Iran and its people as cave dwelling savages hell bent on their own destruction which is the biggest pile of poo ever told. And its people with dubious brain capacity that believes all this crap. Instead of people using theri brains they prefer to keep them closed and allow themselves to be spoon fed garbage on a daily basis, As an example Blair sated to the people of the UK that Saddam Insaane had weapons that could hit the UK which was a blatant lie then and still is to this day. Anyone with a bit of knowledge could have researched that statement and would have very quickly realsied that is was a pack of lies yet all the dumb sheep swallowed it.

So we have a choice we can see what is really happening or we can choose to be fooled and dumbed down.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Dooper you still getting paid, for your war cheering behaviour.

Its 2008 get over it!

On topic. Israel have some respect. It is just not acceptable behaviour from any side, country, or grouping to bomb another country.

End of story.

Israel, is obviously a country that has no respect, or diplomacy.

I support Iran having NUCLEAR WEAPONS. I support Iran defending itself against a nation that has openly admitted it WANTS TO BOMB ANOTHER SOVERIGN NATION.

what is wrong with people today?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Mind, well stated, thats the problem with people, they think its perfectly OK and normal for Israel to state that it will attack any country it sees as a threat but that country cannot fight back or defend themselves, what a joke.

This has alot more to do with religion and superiority above others than anything else. The fact that all none jews are seen as gentiles and lower than beasts of the field just tells you what they think of the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

You support Iran having nukes? Do you support Iran putting them on ICBMs and pointing them at you? The way they support Hisbollah and Hamas in their terror against the state of Israel I put it to you that it's silly to support Iran obtaining nukes.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

it was Israel that first startled the US with remotely piloted vehicles, just one of many advancements we in the United States and Britain have benefitted from that originated in Israel.

Such technology started to be developed at the turn of the 20th century,when Israel didn't exist.

No, the Us already owes Israel a lot more than commonly acknowledged. So I doubt that we're going to shoot our teachers.

Such as?

List the forces that Iran could threaten Israel with?

Some examples;the Shahab 3 missile which has a range of over 2000km.The Ghadr-110 has a range of 3000km.The Kh-55 Granat which has a range of 3000km.Over 300 AH-1J Sea Cobra attack helicopters.Over 900 fighter jets about 12 & a half million active military personnel,and,if governments are to be believed,nuclear weapons too.

And Jakyll, in December of 1939, the United States was not at war. No one at Pearl Harbor thought for a moment that they were subject to attack with all the naval power right there on the premises! It was inconceivable, and thus the surprise. Attack.

True.But Pearl Harbour was attacked in 1941.And having all ships in harbour and planes grounded was the perfect time to attack.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter

You support Iran having nukes? Do you support Iran putting them on ICBMs and pointing them at you? The way they support Hisbollah and Hamas in their terror against the state of Israel I put it to you that it's silly to support Iran obtaining nukes.

See you don't know what's really happening.....................

Let's tell you whats really happening.
First thing first. Israel has nucs, who it's pointing at?

Second, Iran has not pointed at anyone.

Third, Israel wants to attack Iran for political reasons, one is war, money, oil and Americas interest

fourthly prove where Iran supports war against Israel, I'm well on the ball, when it comes to republicans making up fear tactics like the ones you said above
WMDs in Iraq was another trick, now your claim could be deemed another trick and excuse to go into Iran. Sounds very connected in its roles.eh.

How do I know
I asked people who are from their. The American government has no support for an Iran war from the american public.

So America has its ally to do the dirty work. To ignite Iran and provoke it into a war that America and Israel interests needs. As Israel and America has done officially since January of 2007 up till present day, is provoking war, not Iran. Once Israel get's in, America then will look like the good guy saving Isreal. Its a bit like watching those war cartoons on fox kids, for christ sakes, I'm telling its so alarming people dont understand basics anymore.

Iran has said it has no interest in war. Iran has used diplomacy. Israel will not use diplomacy. THESE ARE THE FACTS. People from the Middleast who live their were able to tell me alot of their insights as to what is really happening behind the scenes. The people are normal peaceful human beings just incase you might mistake them for "terrorists"

Israel is power hungry that is why this unacceptable behaviour is arising from Israel.

Iran isn't pointing nucs, But if I was Iranian and Israel which has nucs threatening to use them on my country, why can't I defend myself. why is'nt Iran allowed to have them, can you answer that question, I'm really having an issue with this question.

Why is it ok for Israel to have nucs, and Iran not. I just want to ask the question again incase you become ignorant of it

And any right wing, government helpers on this site who is spewing crap

[edit on 10-10-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Come on... you're not still buying into that over-hyped "Axis of Evil" crap are you???? This is a fiction created by your gov't, to give them cart blanche to do all manner of nasty things to you and people abroad.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by red_leader

Come on... you're not still buying into that over-hyped "Axis of Evil" crap are you???? This is a fiction created by your gov't, to give them cart blanche to do all manner of nasty things to you and people abroad.

Spot on red_leader.

axis of evil.................

I'm just saying hello, to all the members here, working with the government to spew this crap. Keep brainwashing, and keep trying

Cus I'm just still waving at you and smiling.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Update to one of the earlier stories that I posted in this thread ..

Russia may be backing away from Iran sale

Russia appears to be backing away from a proposed sale of state-of-the-art anti-aircraft missiles to Iran.

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert raised the sale of the S-300s in meetings in Moscow this week with Russian President Dimitri Medvedev and Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov. Israel fears the missiles, which have a range of 150 kilimoters, will diminish its air superiority in the region and inhibit its ability to preemptively attack Iran to prevent it from developing a nuclear weapon.

Asked Thursday about the Russian response to Olmert's request, Andrei Nesterenko, the Foreign Ministry spokesman, said: "We have declared more than once at the very highest political level that we do not intend to supply those types of armaments to countries located in regions that are, to put it mildly, uneasy. This is not in the interests of our country's policy or the interests of preserving stability in one region or another of the world."

www.jta.org...

Well there you have it . This could very well be Russia giving the nod and wink to Israel to do what they want . It will be very interesting to see if the Russian scientists are called back home for some type of " conference " wink wink , in the coming days .
Having said that I still feel that Russia is playing both sides in some way .

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Where does Iran support war against Israel? By supplying Hamas and Hisbollah with arms and support making them Iranian foreign legions on Israels border. Israel has every right to take out this main pillar within The Axis of Evil.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ufoor, so using your logic the US should be taken out because it provides Israel and others the means to wage war for its own interests, yes.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Iran isn't pointing nucs, But if I was Iranian and Israel which has nucs threatening to use them on my country, why can't I defend myself. why is'nt Iran allowed to have them, can you answer that question, I'm really having an issue with this question.

I've always wondered why Israel has been allowed nukes.Especially when you take into account the wars and conflicts its taken part in,in its short history,and the fact that the region is still unstable.

Then i realized the obvious,its friendship with the UK and the US.Coz,lets face it,if it wasn't then it would probably on the Axis of Evil list.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Were they even going to in the first place?

The fact that this statement was made,

"We have declared more than once at the very highest political level that we do not intend to supply those types of armaments to countries located in regions that are,to put it mildly,uneasy.This is not in the interests of our country's policy or the interests of preserving stability in one region or another of the world."

So it sounds like their supplying Iran is just nothing more than a story created to stir up trouble.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Logic? Iran is an idealogical state that threatens Israel and the west on a daily basis. It is simply not in my interest for Iran to get its finger on the button. How can any sane minded person living in the west want Iran (a state sponsor of international terror) to obtain nukes? It's crazy...........

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Logic? Iran is an idealogical state that threatens Israel and the west on a daily basis. It is simply not in my interest for Iran to get its finger on the button. How can any sane minded person living in the west want Iran (a state sponsor of international terror) to obtain nukes? It's crazy...........

All countries can be classed as an ideological state of one kind or another.

But magicmushroom brings up a good point.The US,and the UK,have supplied terrorists orginizations with weapons in the past so using that argument for Iran isn't productive.

Israel is not as innocent as it appears.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll
[mor
Iran gaining the ability to nuke me is not in my interest. Not in Britains interest, not in Americas interest, not in Israels interest. Is it in anyones interest on this forum?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ufoor, your argument still carries not weight or logic, irrspective of Iran gaining nukes or not it would not be in a position to do any real harm to anyone without wanting to have the whole country nuked its as simple as that. Stating its ok for warlike countries UK/US/Israel to have nukes but Iran cannot is just palin stupid. On past and present history alone the risk would be that the aforementioned would use nukes but Iran would not so again your line of thought is completely flawed.

Iran is only supporting the people it does because of US/Israeli aggresion when are you going to understand that. Can you not see that people have a right to defend themselves, you feel OK that the US can and does support Israel a position your happy with but when Iran wants to help and support its friends your view is it cannot, well I'm sorry that just makes you a hypocrite.

And what you are really saying is that the US, Israel and anyone else you like should be able to bully and murder anyone they like, well no it does not quite work like that does it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join