It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't turn on fox news!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
It frightens me that people here are actually sticking up for a TV network?

Well you have to hand it to the fox, they are great brainwashers.

To ALL that watch any Main Stream News, I challenge you to turn them ALL off for just one week, and then see how you view the world we ALL live on.

*****WAKE UP PEOPLE*****

Z

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

So, why is John Glenn doing work for Obama as well? Remember him?

Plus I cant wait till Rezko tells all!

[edit on 10/8/2008 by GenRadek]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I do not believe Oblama is a terrorist, but he hands out with them...talks to them, lets them start his campaign in Chicago. His wife invited that scum Aires to speak at an event she held in I think it was 97 (have to check).

I am a Marine and will not goto a member of al qaeda's house and ask him for support to run for the US or Chicago senate...

Oblama has made many mistakes with respect to whom he befriends....dont forget Aires put Oblama in charge of dispersing the 50million dollar grant he recieved, and some of it went to ACORN...

You people remind of the same that said "OJ is innocent"...even though all the proof was there and anyone with common sense could see he is a bad choice for POTUS...

if he get elected change it to POSPOTUS...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yes i realize his name is spelled Ayers... but he should be dropped from in the AIR from a C130 at 15k ft with no parachute

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I can see that there is an attempt being made to being made to derail this thread. It sure has been happening a lot lately.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
well when you support a candidate that is friends with a terrorist whose wife actually killed to police officers... you tend to get passionate about it and derail whatever topics you are discussing...

i will say no more on this...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper

I haven't supported either of the candidates and don't intend to. Fox Television openly boasted to having a so called "conservative bias" over ten years ago, and therefore is not a reliable source of unbiased news reports. I was a Marine that served in combat in Vietnam, and know first hand what is and isn't brainwashing. I was determined while still in the crotch to open my eyes, look at the whole picture and never be fooled again. Semper Fi, Marine.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

Are you suggesting that Fox news is brainwashing people? I wouldn't go that far. I think fox news just catering to the people who are conservatives, who, think that Democrats are terrorists and communists.

By doing this they are giving the conservatives ammunition, and, they are trying to make the conservatives think that can nail Obama with this. When the truth is that Obama hasn't done anything inappropriate with this guy and when he kicked off his political career he didn't know about this guy's past... so I think the Conservatives are being hypocrites... I've read somewhere that John McCain was involved with Iran-contra and he is friends with someone who buys off senators... so I don't really trust him that much. That being said... I don't blindly trust Obama... I believe in what he stands for because I like his policies. I just think that the Republicans are trying to use the swiftboat strategy to try to mischaracterize Obama as a terrorist... I don't think their strategy is going to work this time around.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I think the very fact you are on a conspiracy board you know there is something more than up with the world...

so

Why would you not think the news via corporation backed and owned is at the very least rubbish in the extreme (that is at the very least!). Keep searching and asking questions, that will lead you to the truth of the matter.

And the truth of the matter is all main stream news in cluding fox are killing your brain. Period. One you see this for what it is you will learn to laugh about it and see how silly it really is.

Z

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Wouldn't you agree that people are influenced by what they read, hear on radio, see on billboards signs, see on news reels in movie theaters, and political speeches being delivered by a charismatic orator. These things alone were effective for the Third Reich 70 years ago. Imagine in a household the influence of corporate owned news channels on wide screen soon to be H.D. television, that are on every waking hour in most households. Did your schools have pep rally's, where all of the pretty little cheerleaders, and the jocks, worked you into a frenzy, to whip, beat, smear, and so on, the opposing team, at the Friday night football game. Look at all of the irrelevant issues that appeal to emotions that are presented as being of importance during campaigns, while important issues that both candidates, have no intentions of addressing, are skirted. It is just so obvious to me, and I see it on both sides in all campaigns, therefore I can remain relatively unemotional, and not become distracted from the real issues at hand, and even the ones that aren't being addressed. I think that brainwashing is an appropriate word to describe what is happening. This is far more intense than lesser forms of social control because of the acceptance of television in almost every home.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

I don't know if it's brainwashing because I think that they don't mean to do this intentionally. Yes, the techie dweebs behind the news channels are the ones that are constantly bombarding people with images, and, they are at fault.

But, I think if anyone is to blame, it is society themselves. Wasn't it George Washington who said that if we are unhappy with the government it is not the government to be blamed but us ourselves or something like that?

I think people can control what kind of influence they get from these mass-media news sources. Like with me, I know that different news agencies are conservative, liberal, center, or foreign, so I end up watching all of them to get a non-biased point of view. I think if more people could do that they would be less submissive to one point of view or another.

I think society brainwashes people to a certain extent too, in this sense, you're right. I really think people need to think outside the box... otherwise... the media will become our enemy... advertisements will end up infecting people's minds... and people will become brainwashed much like the society in George Orwell's 1984.

I do think brainwashing is prevalent in our society... but I think there are things we can do to prevent it. If we cannot prevent it, we can certainly, at least control what kind of way we are brainwashed in... do you see what I'm saying? If you can't beat em, use em to your advantage.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
reply to post by mental modulator

So, why is John Glenn doing work for Obama as well? Remember him?

Plus I cant wait till Rezko tells all!

[edit on 10/8/2008 by GenRadek]

Obamas' negative ad on McCain and and the Keating Five forget to tell us that John Glenn was a co.conspirator....

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Again, I disagree with the OP. We need to watch FAUX once in a while, because it has its bright spots after all, like this one.

Priceless.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Yes, I can understand and accept your observations and reasoning. My question to you is, how many people in today's society, do you think, are not able to resist being influenced by the emotion filled name calling, and charges of wrong doing? There is a lot of money spent by corporations to fund "think tanks," and university studies, in determining what will work to manipulate the public in choosing what is in the best interest of the corporations. If there is ever a political choice that doesn't pander to the plans of the powers that be, they are depicted as being evil, or insane, and never make it to the final ballot. What I have seen is beyond manipulation and therefore qualifies as brainwashing, as far as I am concerned.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It has been quite a while since i have seen so much hogwash being eaten up by the public...and i'm not talking about Fox News. I find it very interesting that so many discredit Fox News without even a blink, because they happen to show someone saying something bad about Obama, and they are 'clearly' from the extreme right; sure it's biased, it is run by people that have opinions, just as every other station, to include BBC and PBS, etc. Even more interesting are those that declare "all media outlets are owned by the puppet masters and are used to push their agenda on us", and then support Obama as though he is the Saviour himself...guess who is heavily promoting Obama? Hint: it is those same news stations (less Fox News) that are owned and operated at the behest of the elite, they do nothing but kiss arse and praise him for his 'wonderful' and 'progressive' policies (maybe I should capitalize 'him', as one would for God, because he is held in such high regard by so many.)
I can see now what will happen when he is elected to be President of the United States (I can almost guarantee an election for the Dems., that is what 'they'): it will begin when he decides to enact some 'common sense' gun laws...similar to those of Washington DC and Chicago. After that, violent crime begins to rise (criminals, by their very nature, break the law and will have firearms despite the newly imposed laws) and the sheeple of the United States will clamor for protection, what you will get is stricter firearms laws. After seeing that this fails, and still wanting security, the people will only give up a 'little bit of freedom', but it is for a good reason...'so the bad guys can't hurt us.' Thus begins the slippery slope to serfdom.
If Mcain is elected, the US will see the same loss of rights (nearly all politicians serve the same master), only it will take slightly more time because he is unwilling, at least for now, to declare the second amendment null and void. Those in real power know this, which is why they support Obama...no guns equals less resistance (sure you can use rocks and stuff, but how effective is that?), and the US is falling for it, hook, line and sinker. They have used the best bait/motivator one can...hope, after all, what kind of sick son-of-a-pooch would want a future for their children that is worse than the current scenario? Hope trumps fear in every instance, this is why the Obama campaign has used the term so loosely, they don't need to incite any sort of fear to win the vote of America...they have 'hope'.
It saddens me to see the US headed in this direction; it means the same is not too far off for other countries as well. Many in the world looked to the US as a bastion of hope, hope of what they may become (the US is, for the most part, a great nation), no longer is that true. Please excuse me while I go sit in the darkness and weep for my children and what they will have to live through, despite the 'hope' on which one candidate has made his platform.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Fox news used to be my favorite, Now I have turned the channel,

I want my news channel to report the news not influence it.

What a shame..

Its ok to report finding on anybody or anything. But I agree with the bias about Obama.

I watched the debates and each time I turned into Fox and their impressions of the debates were out of wack.

This last debate, clearly Obama did shine. ( I am not locked into voting for him)

Every news channel reported the poles where in Obamas favor. Yet I turn to Fox and they said clearly McCain won it...I was like HUH?

Only they thought so and they were even in McCains camp interviewing McCains people lol

So I am done

That was silly I thought, just report the news. I don't want their opinions

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Really, the big media news channels are a big disappointment. The Fourth Estate is Dead. They are controlled by only a few organizations. Long live the Internet! In any case, I have to agree with your premise. Fox is the most biased major 'news' channel on TV--however I do like the Simpsons! The old news broadcasts (e.g., Walter Cronkite) seemed to have more integrity and did a better job of reporting what they believed the facts to be, without emotion and with as little overt bias as possible. They were checked and challenged by many independent news organizations reporting through major newspapers. Unfortnately, our courts have recently ruled that news stations have no obligation to report the truth. They can pass anything off as 'facts'. News stations like Fox really polarize and divide people. They incite hatred and create strong emotional responses. It's a shame. I wish everybody would just tune out that kind of garbage--let their ratings drop into the toilet... IMHO, the best of the big news (beyond BBC) is Brian Williams of NBC. I am not thrilled with their coverage (e.g., ATS topics never make it into their coverage; they are owned by Big Pharma; they squeeze only a fraction of the news that BBC manages to cover into their half hour...)--but they seem to be the best of the worst. Cheers.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

So why bother to call anything on TV news, programs the news,and just watch what tells you what you want to believe. I like the "Deny Ignorance" motto of ATS, and it isn't something that is easily done, if if you immediately decide that the truth is only available on a station that has gotten their audience by accusations that are loosely based on questionable facts, and admitting having a conservative bias, while at the same time calling Bill OReilly's show "No Spin Factor". I would like for you to know that I agree that the other networks are owned by corporate elitist, but to say that they are liberal is a real stretch. Did you Know that there is a Palace under construction in China that is for FOX Television Network owner Rupert Murdoch to reside in. Talk about an elitist. How many people short of royal monarchs do you know of that have palaces??? If that isn't an elitist from anyone's point of view, and they can prove otherwise, to me, it'll be a cold day in hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join