It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't turn on fox news!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster

Originally posted by theodorej
reply to post by phinubian

I agree, the unfortunate quagmire we all faced with is to make a choice between two bad candidates.....It will take six years to clean out that bunch of lying tricksters in DC....This is the only plan that could work...A state senator has an election every 6 year,within that period there are three house elections 2 years and one presidential election 4 years....If for a period of six years the american people (majority) voted with this slogan "Whoever is in is out"we will have been able to give Washington an enima...

I like your thinking! You should put that on a bumper sticker and hand them out on Nov 4th.

I know, one line post.

[edit on 10/6/2008 by TheRooster]

" I say it is time to bury the hatchet boy...bury the hatchet that is " Foghorn Leghorn one of the funniest characters Mel Blank ever created....

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
For unbiased "reporting," the only medium is C-Span. Please do not confuse "commentary" and "opinion" with "news."

There are no other viable outlets for conservative commentary and opinion than Fox. The NBC megaplex and other network outlets simply do not permit conservative viewpoints to get a fair airing. If produced at all, they are reduced to snippets and covered by liberal/"progressive" (talk about double-speak!) commentators.

The information that is being reported about ties to radicals and terrorists is TRUE.

Obama and Ayers worked together at CAC and in other organizations for years. They directed money, millions of dollars, to institutions with blatant racial and radical bias, such as Jeremiah Wright's Trinity church.

How do you think these people became millionaires themselves? Public service?

Read Obama's books for insight to his thinking. His Stephanopolous "gaffe" revealed briefly (until George corrected him!) his dedication to his Muslim heritage. His writings reveal his racist leanings and drive.

Did you know he espouses the end of "middleclassness," as promoted by Jeremiah Wright? Read his books. Note his quotes and sources. Read them, too.

Unbiased reporting often comes straight "from the horse's mouth." And I don't mean pandering speeches; look at his deepest thoughts and motivations as revealed in his written words.

I can't wait to read his senior thesis or legal articles, if they're ever revealed and published.

Bottom line, Fox is no different than any other media outlet; they just offer different voices to be heard.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Progress
Because people are going to have trouble discerning between real and fake. There are even posts in this thread claiming FOX to be fair and balanced. That should tell you something.

But isn't that always the case, and throughout history?

People are people with their own minds. They get to pick and choose what they want to believe. Isn't that great? Don't you want to be able to choose what to believe for yourself? So, why try to deny that for others? That's defined as censorship, BTW.

Unless, of course, you happen to be one of the lucky few elitists that KNOWS they have been given THE REAL TRUTH, and so the rest of us just need not bother to try and think for ourselves.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Yes, we should all be allowed to make up our own minds about gravity and things like whether or not fire is dangerous if you roll around in it, or if we can breathe underwater. It is not like there are such things as facts, right? Who cares if there actually is a definitive truth sometimes, that can be researched and observed. We should still all just decide for ourselves whether or not the earth is flat or round.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The channel outright lies. They were sued by former employees for making them lie. What did they fight for? Did they fight to prove they were not pushing lies? Nope, they fought for the RIGHT to make anchors tell lies............and won!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

If it is so bad, then why do more people watch it than the others combined?

Do you or have you ever watched Fox to form your own opinions, or are you just serving as a "relay" for what you've heard others say?

Try to answer without sounding elistist - as in YOU know better, or that the people that watch are all idiots, etc. A good reason for not saying that, BTW, is all the liberals here that say they watch Fox just to hear the other side of the debate. Same reason I put up with the "lies" on CNN, MSNBC, the Washington Post, The New York Times, and the Los Angeles Times.

Hint: just because you don't agree with something doesn't necessarily make it a "lie". In other words, one man's "truth" is often another man's "lie".

[edit on 10/7/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

You ask, "why do so many people watch it more than all others combined"? I think the answer to your question has to do with the fact that when so many people are conditioned to only accept lies as the truth, they are also conditioned to see the truth as lies. I think the terminology that best describes this phenomena is, collective brainwashing

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Anybody actually READ any of Barack Obama's books? Well, I did. Frankly, the mainstream media tells you on occasion that he has written books but they don't go through some key points made by Barack HIMSELF. They don't mention the little snippets of RACISM (it IS racism despite it being against whites), his dedication to the MUSLIM faith, nor the contradictions he makes. Supposedly the Left detests ELITISM yet Barack's background is full of it.

Fox News would be the most likely to point this out; you damned sure aren't going to hear it from Katie Couric!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant

You ask, "why do so many people watch it more than all others combined"? I think the answer to your question has to do with the fact that when so many people are conditioned to only accept lies as the truth, they are also conditioned to see the truth as lies. I think the terminology that best describes this phenomena is, collective brainwashing

So, basicly, its "brainwashing" when a majority of people choose NOT to swallow what the Broadcaster's News Outlets are trying to feed us?

......keep on believing that.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Sorry, but that answer fails the "elitism test". It shows that you feel somehow smarter, better educated, or at least less "brainwashed" than the millions of others who have beliefs different than your own.

This is my point, exactly. None of you can explain the fact that Fox News has so many viewers and readers without resorting to some kind of elitism that says in effect, "I'm smart and they're stupid".

Stop and think. If that's all any of you can come up with for a reason, maybe that means you are wrong.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is way too messed up. This smear campaigns timing was perfect. I fear Obama might not be around after tonight
This is not good. This is not good at all.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I am not any smarter, or better and I know that in the general sense, of what is considered education, I am definitely suffering. I do have knowledge related to social and individual applications of behavior modification. If you can't see that it is working on all of us daily to some extent, then that in itself is evidence to substantiate the expertise of those that are implementing the subtle, but effective manipulations. It is strange to me that people only see it in some things that are written, or broadcast and not in others. They are very good at what they do.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I am definitely suffering. I do have knowledge related to social and individual applications of behavior modification. If you can't see that it is working on all of us daily to some extent, then that in itself is evidence to substantiate the expertise of those that are implementing the subtle, but effective manipulations.

Exactly, just like the constant smearing Palin gets in the MSM until some start to believe it is all the truth. Fact to prove my point. I'm already hearing young people talking about how Palin shouldn't be VP because she hangs out with witches! Then you'll also understand what I posted on another thread about similar issues. That is, I remember back during the Carter-Ford election how the MSM always portrayed Carter with a huge smile, while pictures of Ford always looked like he was about to vomit. Using the knowledge you say you have (above) can you also see MSM media like that "working on us all daily to some extent", as well?

Is it just OK when your side does it?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
They're running a smear campaign against Barack Obama. They're trying to paint him as a terrorist with radicalist ties. This is nothing but propaganda made up by Rupord Murdoch to support the GOP.

If you're watching TV do not watch Fox News.

They are putting out the same kind of bs again and again.

Don't let fox brainwash you. Don't just watch fox news for fun. DO NOT WATCH IT AT ALL.

Too late!

I've switched it on!

Oh no, I'm sucked into the wild, wonderous world of more open media than CNN and the Beeb!

Fox knows best

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

This isn't true. I've listened to Obama's book Audacity of Hope and it contains nothing about racism. Get your facts straight.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I struck me as somewhat racist as well...

Not blatently, but as an overall theme.

It was not bad reading mind you, but there was certainly an agenda.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by darkangel831

It just seemed to me like Barack Obama was talking about his heritage, how he grew up in the civil rights era, so he learned some things from that time. I didn't see racism as part of the theme of it. I just saw that he grew up in a different time and in a different era so things were that way.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

You could be correct...

May have just been my take on it...

Of course with the volatile society we live in, it is easy to read something into a discourse that may have never been the authors intent...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by darkangel831

That's true... everyone has their own interpretations of what they read. I can see how you came to your conclusion about thinking that Obama is racist from his book. There have been times in my life when I have felt like blacks maybe or whites both were still being racist... when I just misinterpreted what they said... and you have to keep in mind that Barack Obama was just probably talking about how he felt about things at the time, like that was going on then, and it isn't as true as it is these days now. Like with racism, there are a lot less racist people now than there was back then, so Obama was probably being critical of the people at the time. Just something to keep in mind. I'm sure there was a lot of bitter feelings between both blacks and whites during the civil rights era.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

No, I do not think it is fun, I think it is dangerous...
Fox News is an attempt to stupefy the American people, not that much effort is needed from what I have been reading. It's mixture of a little truth with a lot of fiction and the anecdotal is a clear attempt to "blur the waters". It impedes critical thought and turns politics into just another reality show.

This, in itself, would not be harming.

Just happens that your lives and the lives of your children depend, unfortunately, on what politicians do...When politics is reduced into a sideshow of bad casted people, you loose the sense of reality, you loose your outrage, and, most importantly, you loose your ability to judge the acts of the people that are supposed to make life better for the next generations.

By turning politics, and politicians into cartoons, Fox is, not innocently, impeding you from exerting your most important task, making politicions accountable for their acts...

In using "political bombs", political science 101, they fuse fact with anecdote, turning politics into a comedy, while at the same time making it possible for politicians to plunder the Nation, without any accountability...

Remember, wen watching Fox "News", while you are laughing at the politicians, or the presenters, they are steeling your wallet, and destroying the Great American Nation...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Great way to stay informed...put your head in the sand when you hear something you don't agree with! Don't be an idiot!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join