It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist Addendum Released

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ioweagle
reply to post by Kryties

im happy you took the time to reply to my short observation of the film. Although i find the use of "spout off so sanctimoniously " a little harsh.

I apologise for being so harsh in that respect, it is just that I get so flabbergasted at people when they do not do the complete research needed to be fully informed on a topic.

I would appreciate if you could also supply me with an idea of how the world would work or exist without money either in the past future or maybe even tomorrow?

The film answers that quite effectively. I shall not say any more but await your viewing of the entire film before we discuss it further.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

And the idea someone must watch the entire 2 hours of this film before they are entitled to give an opinion is, well unrealistic. Opinions are formed very quickly.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ioweagle

i do still intend to but that gave me a little jolt to be honest..

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ioweagle

That may be so in terms of a fictional story, but in the case of a documentary like this one you need to watch the whole film in order to glean everything that is being said. An introduction cannot, and will not, give you the entire view of what is being said.

[edit on 4/10/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I finished watching it a little while ago, and must admit. It is a great addition to the first Zeitgeist, and goes into great detail on how the financial institution perpetuates the debt we have and its root cause.

There is even ideas presented that could potentially decrease or at least show an effort to present a solution tot he problem. Instead of contributing to it.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Everything about the monetary system and renewal energy was good, until you get to the Venus Project. No laws, you don't have to work, you can have anything you want? Seems a little far-fetched to me. The video only focused on money crime but leave out others like rape, killing out of rage, hit and run, etc. This Venus project might work if every single person is pure and filled with love. Sounds like heaven. I believe we will reach that state someday, but there will be a lot of prerequisites before that can happen. The movie makes it sound like you can jump to it immediately.

And what's up with the bashing of religions? Now if it was focuses on organized religion, that would be a different story. But to go and say that all the teachings of Jesus and Buddha are meaningless is going too far.

Overall, this movie was great with some things that shouldn't have been included.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
So after watching this. I can void my end of the loan?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lawlb0t

I was hoping to go about this myself.. (then maybe I could get another loan?)

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Word I got a dumb student loan. Someone must know the answer here.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I found this video to be very informative. For, it is this video that we should all be paying attention to instead of the next American Idol. For, someday we will all be slaves if we don't do something now. But what do we do?
For, it seems to be an impossible task.
For, I wish I could have just bee born on a planet with all this cool $h*t already in place.
For, next time I incarnate I hope I don't have to come back to this $h**t hole.

P.S. Could that annoying @$$ guy have said the word "FOR" just one more GDDAMN TIME?????
For I am about to pull my hair out.
For if I hear that word one more time I do believe I shall take leave of my senses.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by cbass]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I will confess that I am not a "FAN OF MAN" who from every angle and perspective appears to be a dishonest, self serving, pompous species that has and continues to be mostly a plague on the planet and to everything it touches. There are of course exceptions but, even those I now question.

These points having been made and having watched both the Zeitgeist videos, along with dozens of others from Jones to Russo to The Disclosure Project to Loose Change etc etc etc etc, I do not believe mankind has it in it to change and fix the mess it has made, helped to make, allowed to happen, been a party to directly and indirectly.

I believe and there are those with me who also believe the generations now living and the worldwide economy will and need to implode and pretty much destroy itself until out of the ashes, a few lucky or maybe not so lucky souls survive to maybe rebuild a better world.

And so, the "Elitists" are right in preparing for the worst; you all deserve to be chipped and herded like the animals (unfair reflection on animals) that you are. You are of course welcome to prove me wrong; for the sake of those we can't save but do care about, I hope I am wrong.

Whatever happens, I am sure it is your Karma.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ioweagle

And the idea someone must watch the entire 2 hours of this film before they are entitled to give an opinion is, well unrealistic. Opinions are formed very quickly.

And opinions that are formed that way are obviously uninformed.

Our sites mantra is called Deny Ignorance for a reason.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I just finished watching this film and I must say that I really enjoyed it. I feel mad and sad. Just like after I watched the first one

After reading all these posts I was very uncertain about the Venus Project aspect of this film... I also really really enjoyed it. Not surprised though, as I have been very anti-establishment and radical in thought for years now. I also love hearing about and embrace Utopian philosophy.

There were a few points I didn't agree with, but for the most part I was in line with this films direction.

Unfortunately the only way we will see the fruition of the Venus Project, or other Utopian concepts, like the film itself stated, we would all have to stop contributing to the current system...

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
You can believe in God and not believe in Jesus. You can believe in God and not believe in Christianity. You can believe in God and not believe in orthodox religions.

Can I believe in Jesus, but not in God?

As in,

"There was some hippied-out brown-skinned guy back in the day who had good ideas about peace and love, but unfortunately some people think he came from some invisible higher being and so they put money in a silver plate several times per week in his name."

... ?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Symbiote

Yes, you can if you wish, nothing is stopping you!

The bible itself even says (I can't remember where I'll look it up) that God is not religion. That one should not consider the confines of a church or establishment to be the be-all and end-all of worship. Religion itself is an establishment. You do not need to go to church to believe in God.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Symbiote

I was not trying to imply someone has to believe in God. Please don't take what I say out of context.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

These really depress the crap out of me. They effectively illustrate just how completely the deck is stacked against us, then at the end they tell us that we can win. I am sorry, but I am pretty sure we are screwed. The people who watch this and buy in are no match for an entire system built to exploit them.

Our only hope is that when it finally collapses, that maybe...just maybe a better system can rise from the ashes. Unfortunately, I am pretty sure that it will just mean that we get a new system to exploit us and new masters behind the curtain.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Our only hope is that when it finally collapses, that maybe...just maybe a better system can rise from the ashes. Unfortunately, I am pretty sure that it will just mean that we get a new system to exploit us and new masters behind the curtain.

That is the sober reality, and a strong possibility.

I think I am inclined to one day sail off into the sunset with some friends and start a Utopia in the International Waters.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lawlb0t

You can try, but I am fairly certain that if you have ever paid even one payment, you won't win. If you never paid on the note, you have a better chance.

I would love to get a full copy of that legal proceeding!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Watch out for pirates. I am pretty sure it would be impossible, but if you figure it out, u2u me. I'm all for living in utopia.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join