It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Suspends Campaign To Help With Financial Crisis

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
Because the issue has reached a point where it can't be ignored. Everyone currently in office is guilty of looking the other way, including all republicans and democrats.

I agree completely - the economic crisis isn't a Republican or Democrat issue.
My responses are geared towards those whose posts come across as nitpicking one side taking more contributions or "doing their job" or other pettiness.

Unfortunately, though, one side made what appears to be a politically charged move this afternoon, and in my opinion that's dirty politics at the very last time we need dirty politics.

link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Shouldn't our ELECTED officials be in washington during an ECONOMIC CRISIS, where one of the BIGGEST BILLS in the last decade is in the works?

Obama said he had talked to Paulson twice today. He speaks with him and Bernanke every day. He speaks with his fellow Congressmen every day. This is the 21st century. We have the technology that he could be involved in any meeting where his presence would be desired or required.

Obama has said if he is needed or can help, he has a big plane that can get him to Washington within a couple hours. They have all available technology at their fingertips. There's no reason he has to be physically there except for the vote. And that may not even be necessary.

link   
Nobody has brought it up, but why not dispatch the Vice Presidential nominees to step in and have the debate? Isn't that what happens when the President is unable to do the job; the VP's then step in?

Let's have Palin debate Biden on foreign policy and the economy, while the other two are up in Washington doing their jobs?

I wonder how that would sit with the McCain campaign?

link   
Here is a thought? Perhaps he suspended his campaign because there is not going to be an election. Perhaps he knows a bit more than he is letting on.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Source:

-McCain's cancer has been out of remission for 5 weeks
-Emergency therapy has been underway for several days causing a lot of mental fog
-This has been exhausting for John and this is an opportunity to buy some time

This will not be seen in MSM whatsoever but may leak after he wins the presidency.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
The bill needs to give every home owner that owns a home that is worth $300,000.00 and under a mandatory rework of their loans to 4 percent for 30-40 years

Let's assume my house is just a tad over 300k, and it's not that I'm rich, it's just I had to plunk down more, since the area I got the job in was in general expensive and I wanted the job. Am I out of luck? Look, I took out a fixed mortgage, how come I am responsible for those who signed for a variable rate which is a gamble at best?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

With all due respect to Gov Palin, an impromptu debate with Biden ,wouldnt probably be in her favor. And McCain knows that. Simply my opinion. No need to debate me , I understand Palin supporters feel differently.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Another thing... What happens to the old people. If this goes down there will be no money for Social Security checks. My grandma is 91 and still trucking. She drives faster than I do but she does live on social security.

She lived though the last Great Depression. I am not sure she could live through another one. She does talk about this a lot though. It really scars the crap out of her. She sees todays society not being able to handle the tough times she went through. She says there are way too many "I want it now" people in the country.

To this day she saves used tin foil. The thing is I am starting to do it too...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow

It's a one hour debate. 1 hour! You're debating suspending the democratic process...why stop there? This thing is so bad why don't we just cancell the elections indefinately?

Do you see what you're advocating here?

Really? So my inability to see mccain try to brainwash the american people for one hour prohibits the democratic process? If McCain wants to call off his campaign indefinately, thats his choice. The election is still coming in november, whether the candidates of the two major parties or ready or not.

I did the research and I know where all these candidate stand. I don't need a debate.

Your idea of logic is faulty. I can't watch two politician argue on TV and suddenly we are disrupting "the democratic process?" please.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by grimreaper797]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

And you know this how?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
I did the research and I know where all these candidate stand. I don't need a debate.

Not everyone knows where they stand. Some people are waiting for these debates to see how the 2 stack up to each other. Just because you know who you're voting for doesn't mean everyone does.

These debates are an important part of the whole process to some people. Clearly not you.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

And you know this how?

anonymous know all, didnt you know????

man anonymous gets on my nerve. GET AN EMAIL ADDRESS ALREADY!!!!!

link   
Oh boy!!!!!

Let me tell all of you, BH is correct! This is nothing less than the grab for power by the Bush administration, John McCain is in on it, so is Obama!!!

They are playing good cop, bad cop people!!!!! This is it! Everything i ever heard by those dark prophets of doom at night is materializing before our eyes!!!!

The next step will be...Troops arriving to police us October 1, then Bush declaring "Due to unforseen catastrophes, i will exercise my power to remain president until further notice".

= DICTATORSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot beleive, part of me knew, but i just cannot digest it.

I and others have begged you all to realize this was going to happen....
What will it take? The troops on the streets?

God bless us all.

link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

The debates are as American as apple pie! They are a fundamental part of the democratic process, and one of the candidates just cut and ran from it.

Why doesn't he display his faith in his VP candidate and have Palin sit in for him? She's apparently up for the job isn't she?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I didn't realize we pay our elected officials to call other elected officials when they have some time to spare.

They have been campaigning for a long time, one-two weeks won't kill them. I am also sure the people of this country won't say "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! Why aren't you shoving political propaganda down my throat? Because you are doing what we are paying you to do as a senator? I want my political propaganda machine back!"

Two weeks without the presidential election in the spotlight would do this country some good....not to mention this site.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

grim id love to know your repsonse to my post on page 8 3 posts from the bottom.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

yes last 5 or 6 years but Bush did try to fix it.

Here's the lead of a New York Times story on Sept. 11, 2003: "The Bush administration today recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis a decade ago."

source

Never got nowhere. Here is another quote from same source.

"These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis," said Rep. Barney Frank, then ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. "The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing."

But I guess we will blame Bush anyway. The problem of the crisis is that too many people were living on credit. Everywhere you looked you saw good credit, bad credit, no credit......we take them all.... And for any politician to say they weren't aware of this is outright lying.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by northof8

You ask how bad it will get. Well it depends on who you listen to. Think back to 9/11 and the patriot act. They scared the bejeezus out of us and it passed with flying colors. We know now that the patriot act was written months before 9/11.

Now we have this bail out plan. The fed is scaring the bejeezus out of us, and they hope again it will be passed with flying colors. This bill was ALSO WRITTEN MONTHS AGO! THAT IS A FACT!

I don't buy it, and I've called my senator at all seven of his offices many times today as well as email. Thank goodness for free long distance on my cell because I have been a busy bee telling Mr. Brownback NO TO THIS BAILOUT, I'LL TAKE THE HIT THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

"Give a man a MASK, and he will tell you the TRUTH" -Oscar Wilde-

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

McCain has always put his country first. He knows what is important and has every right to be directly involved in what bailout gets passed. After all he or Obama are going to have to deal with the consequences. For all those who think it is a political ploy, remeber he was for a surge in Iraq when almost everyone was against it. He was very vocal even though no one in America thought it would work. He put his political career on the line because he thought it was best for the war and for our country. This man has always been country first, politics second. I admire him for doing this. We can wait another week for a debate, however we cant wait another week for this bailout.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join