It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Suspends Campaign To Help With Financial Crisis

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

your right on the money. People are blaming Bush for something he tried to correct. That's why I posted that article which paints a truer picture.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Bottom line,

If the overseers of the economy for the past 8 years let this go by unnoticed, it is treason. If they did not see this coming they are inept and incapable of guiding the economy.

I saw this coming and I'm a complete Dufus!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Isnt it too late for fingerpointing? I propose that we all get right down to the nitty gritty and blame it on the last 200 years, that this action was even planned by the Elites of the world many moons ago, that Bush is the Patsy to deliver the news, that Obama and McCain are both in on it, that what we are seeing, even the conflict of the debates are FAKE, that this is all acting, that nobody gives a rats behind about the non-rich, that we will be brought to our knees, the world will be brought to their knees, and i propose that those out of their comfort zones get up and smell the coffee.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
if you dont think debates are apart of the democratic process, then I guess theres no sense in debating with you. Presidential debates have gone on since the time of Abe Lincoln. The first televised on was John F Kennedy v Nixon. Just cause we have access to watch them without being there in person does not make me less than you...

It has nothing to do with the democratic process. Maybe it helps some people decide, but I find that pretty sad. In this day and age, there are no need for debates. All the information is made public. They have been running for a year, their voting record can be found on any library computer.

you might assume, and wrong, that I or others watch them for entertainment. If I want that, I'll watch SNL or Pro Wrestling. If I want to see one on one wit vs wit to help determine the next leader of our country. I'll watch a debate.

Then I have to say, its pretty sad that your vote is based on ones ability to debate topics in real time. Tell me, will the president be up on a stage making policies in real time? No, he will be sitting in an office with his advisors going over what would be the best course of action.

Tell me where debating comes into play. At no point in the presidency do I see real time debating being applied. The closest that comes to is public speaking, and public speaking does not determine somebodies ability to be an effective president. Being able to debate has nothing to do with ones ability to handle issues.

Real life politics aren't live debates, they are decisions and policies made over time. A debate proves nothing.

link   
reply to post by tide88

Who was in control of all branches of govn't back in 2005? Back in 03' when Bush called for regulation?

If you guessed Democrat, you would be wrong.

So it's Clinton's fault eh?

link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by tide88

Isnt it too late for fingerpointing? I propose that we all get right down to the nitty gritty and blame it on the last 200 years, that this action was even planned by the Elites of the world many moons ago, that Bush is the Patsy to deliver the news, that Obama and McCain are both in on it, that what we are seeing, even the conflict of the debates are FAKE, that this is all acting, that nobody gives a rats behind about the non-rich, that we will be brought to our knees, the world will be brought to their knees, and i propose that those out of their comfort zones get up and smell the coffee.

Ok dg, you lost me there. That post belongs in the NWO forum.the world isnt a conspiracy. Was there a second gunman to kill jfk, damn straight. Could the moonlandings be faked, sure... prob not. Does area 51 hold alien tech, might....

Is the entire world against us, the common folk? Not at all. Obama was raised on food stamps, since when did he fit into the cool NWO club? The world doesnt revolve around us, even in a negative way.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yeah, lets argue some more about partisanship and who's fault it is. Really accomplishing a great deal by doing that. At least we will know who to yell at while our country falls apart because a lack of any intelligent action by the population of this country.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The only time one rehearses for something is because one knows what to expect. It has been stated that Obama has been set aside three days to prepare for this debate and then People expect to hear something new....Go figure. The debate is nothing more than a dog and pony show because it is so predictable what the issues will be.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Night Watchman

Grandstand....

I looked up the word in a dictionary and saw Obama's picture right by it.

Is Obama not a US Senator?

Did he not take an oath to carry out his job?

Then what is he waiting for. Somebody in Florida please buy him a bus ticket back to Washington.

If we just wait 6 weeks he can fly it freely in ait force uno

best regards and good luck over there

Loke.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

Let them show us that when they get elected to an office(like senator), they do the job that they promised to do.

Well now after the countless posts making the point that he should be in Washington "doing his job"...it's interesting to find out that he hasn't voted on anything since April. In fact he wasn't there to vote on the G.I. Bill. But now suddenly he is the man because he cares so much about working for the American people? Even Ried said not so much that he wasn't needed right now up there, what will all but a half a dozen or less folks in all of congress in support of the bailout Bush supports.

Finally if it's so important, and just last week McCain said the economy was sound, why has George Bush flown away from Washington D.C. and with his now 19% approval ratings down at the ranch in Crawford Texas? What a strategy huh? He plans to try and appeal to this 19%...or or or the 9% who thinks the economy is sound like McCain said last week.

Give me a break!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

ps grim, love the avatr. im watching tombstone right now.

A debate prob wont change my mind. Im voting for obama baring some sort of setback or revelation. But I see a lot of intellect come out i na debate. How a person can think on their feet. Use logic. and negotiate the point they are trying to make in a short amount of time. Maybe it doesnt transfer over nicely to real world politics. but I see many clues in a debate that tell me how they will urn the country.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

Love your sense of humor.

Comedy helps release the pressure of stress.. appreciate it.

Good luck over there too...

link   
reply to post by skyshow

The Senate democrats and some republicans blocked HR 1461 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2005

Why would the republicans block what they sponsored and largely co-sponsored? True there were some republican nays but the democrats had a party line no vote.

Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2005

link   
I just heard that he cancelled his appearance on David Letterman and so right in the middle of David making the announcement on his taped show, he finds out that McCain is down the street talking with Katey Couric....for the rest tune in tonight folks...it's a doozey! I can't hold it in...he asks why he can't let the VP nominee sit in for him then?

Unbelievable!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

These folks don't think on their feet during a debate. They know the questions beforehand (or at least the premise of them) and know what to expect.

They will be saying all the same things they've said before....nothing new. And, nothing witty.....it's not like they don't know what's coming from the debate moderator.

You might get a few off the cuff, but carefully rehersed, comments, but it is basically their stump speeches and internet site policy in summary form.

[edit on 9/24/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

and then what did the Republicans with their majority in all branches do then about it then? Did the dem's not support it because perhaps it was similar to this bailout situation whereby they write it all up and ignore all other possibilities and then try to railroad it through? Maybe we ought to dig deeper and see why exactly the democratic minority in congress weren't in support of it? Anyone?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Good lord there is so much disinformation in this thread I had to stop after page 5. You guys are really at it today.

Here is the truth and people really need to hear this:

Everything you've ever been told by anyone on the take is a lie. Your history books, your idea of politics, sports, entertainment, media, government...everything is all a sham.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!! Stop debating the meaningless sh*t!!!

What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes.

I'm telling you to close your eyes, close your ears, and see with your heart. It's one of the few places that are 100% pure.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

There was bipartisan support for the main purposes of the bill but opposition among many Democrats to a provision prohibiting participation by non-profit housing agencies in voter registration and other non-partisan electoral activities.

Source

Unfortunately, the bill was blocked by democrats who complained that the oversight would prevent lenders from giving out risky loans to those who couldn't afford them, and the bill was killed.

Source

Probably a combo of both....

[edit on 9/24/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
this reeks of evil and corruption. why would something as their elections be put on hold? sounds like bush trying to stay in office, an mccaine AND obama know whats coming, if not involved. today, onlinethe stock dropped little...army's 3rd infantry is going to be in the streets, and weve been warned about first week in october somethi is about to go down all..

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Take it to the conspiracy site. There will still be an election in November and you will still get to vote. And their won't be no military on the streets. Might be a whole lot of unemployed people but not no military.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join