It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Cries Foul When Fluoride Removed From Water

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Why do we have fluoride in our drinking water and also in toothpaste. Isn't one or the other suppose to help prevent tooth decay?? Afterall, how much fluoride is really necessary if necessary at all. Does filtering filter our floride so that we don't consume it? that is if we really have a good filtering system at home.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brothers
Why do we have fluoride in our drinking water and also in toothpaste. Isn't one or the other suppose to help prevent tooth decay?? Afterall, how much fluoride is really necessary if necessary at all. Does filtering filter our floride so that we don't consume it? that is if we really have a good filtering system at home.

They're both "supposed" to fight tooth decay, however, neither does. This was the lie that was used to allow dumping toxic waste into the water to save money and placidify the populace - and to promote cancer to the benefit of the medical and pharmaceutical industries.

EDIT to add:

Reverse osmosis or a distiller work. Brita, heppa, any divice you add to the water line and replace periodically...nope. Fluoride goes right through.

[edit on 9/23/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am currently reading the book The Fluoride Deception by Christopher Bryson.

This is not the only research I have done in the last few months, but so far my impression is that fluoride may help with children's teeth for a very limited period of time at an early age, but only when applied topically. Before you jump all over me, please recognize that this is only my opinion thus far in my studies. I am trying to be objective.

Drinking fluoridated water I believe is poisonous and is suspected to cause numerous health problems, including osteosarcoma in young boys.

Someone here mentioned the calcification of the pineal gland, but I have not run across this so far in my research. I think there is already a thread on this here on ATS and I will search.

I recommend the above book to all. It traces the history of fluoride and the Big Business and military agenda to sell us on the fluoridation of our water supply. Read about the horrors of the workers in the WWII and later plants that produced the hydrogen fluoride that made the atomic bomb a reality and stocked up our Cold War nuclear arsenal.

Just another lump of coal (another problem--cough cough) in our Christmas stocking from the NWO.

I am working on fighting this recent fluoridation here in Orange County, California. Any ATSers from around here who would like to join me, please U2U.

I seem to recall my asking for this type of help may be a no-no on ATS, but not sure. Anyway, if it's a problem I apologize in advance. How the heck can we help each other if we can't do things like that?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
SO what abut replacement fitlers, made of aluminum, or i thin its alumini? They are advertised, as fluroide roemvers, brin levels down or below 0.5 ppm. I have one for a countertop double filter i bought.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Walmart sells reverse osmosis filtered water by the gallon for 62 cents where I live. They also sell distilled water but reverse osmosis removes more, 90%-99%. I don't recall it saying that fluoride is added to their water but I'd bet that Poland Spring water has it. I used to live in a 17 story apartment building. I hated the taste of the water so I always bought drinking water from walmart. I believe i was more intelligent at the time and I was absolutely at my spiritual peak. These days my spirituality is at quite a low. I look forward to getting it back.

Wow was i re leaved after hearing that sertraline (zoloft) is one of the few antidepressants that do NOT contain fluorinated compounds.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by GlassRunner]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
this is funny

fluoride put into water - media cries foul
fluoride removed from water - media cries foul

how about fluoride for some and hot pink short shorts for others?

i wonder if the MSM can perceive just how rediculous they have become...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
I tried to go Fluoride free a while back, the problem being? It's bloody expensive using bottled water, plus, It's difficult to find bottled water fluoride free. Most brands of water add their own fluoride, so you're basically spending more money for the same thing.

Flouride-free is more expensive in some cases....For instance, I've switched to Flouride Free toothpaste. Toms of Maine is what I'm using now, and its working really well. Its a bit more expensive than regular toothpaste, but I was using Sensodyne, for sensitive teeth which is also pretty $$. When I made the switch, I kept some of my other toothpaste just in case the sensitivity came back - It hasn't yet. 3 months so far.

But the other day when I went into the grocery store, I noticed 3/$1 toothpaste bins - no wonder its expensive to buy Flouride Free. $4 a tube seems pretty expensive with Colgate Running around. My dad just uses Baking Soda. As far as i can remember he has never used regular toothpaste, just baking soda. I used to think he was nuts.

Bottled Water, as you said, most of the time is straight from the tap. I don't buy bottled water anymore. For a long time I was on this "bottled water only" kick. I stopped that when I started to do a little bit more researching about Bottled Water.

Originally posted by Zepherian
I started getting water from mountain springs an hours drive away. Straight out the ground, filtered by the earth itself, as nature makes it. Much better taste also. I bring around 45 litres a trip, comes out cheaper than bottled water and you know it's not treated with any chemicals.

I wish I could say that I was completely Flouride Free - but I'm not. I'm a student, I live on Campus, and it simply isn't feesible or economical for me (in this city) to find untreated water. And even if there was a spring here - I drive a small fuel-effiecient car, I can't haul tonnes of water... I wish I could tho. However, where my parents live in Alberta, there is a Natural Spring and they get most of their water from there. So for at least 4 months out of the year I'm consuming less Flouride.

I do have a Brita Filter - but as I have read somewhere else in this thread - that doesnt necessarily filter out Flouride...

Any suggestions for me?

Originally posted by Doug Gaveld
That is hilarious to me. People don't even think about what they take into their bodies...

This is true. Look at everything in your pantry, in your fridge. Lables are amazing. I am as Chemical Free as I can possibly get, given my situation of being a broke starving student. I avoid the big grocery stores if I can. If there is something I need, in a pinch i go, but i stay away from the inside aisles. The pre-made, ready-to-go stuff. That stuff is FULL of preservatives and chemicals.

However, I'm lucky. I live in the Okanagan (BC) where there are lots of Farmers Markets, Fruit Stands, Organic Farms. It's great for buying produce, and fruits. Everything in my fridge is from Local Organic Growers, or the Local Organic Healthfood store.

Also, all of my products, Shampoo, Conditioner, Soap, Face Wash, Makeup, Deoderant, detergents, cleaning agents - all of it is certified organic, or certified Vegan. I stay away from anything with Parabens, Laureth(l) Sulfates, Aluminum, etc. I've thrown out SO much stuff with chemicals in it. The way I see it, I don't need any of those extra chemicals, I don't need additives.

- Carrot

[edit on 9/24/2008 by CA_Orot]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Does anyone know what bottled water doesn't have fluoride in it???

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GlassRunner

Be careful with SSRI antidepressants like Zoloft. In fact, this is another topic you may want to do some research on. I can tell you as a former psychology student that they are only marginally effective (if at all) in most cases. Whether they are effective or not, it's been pretty clearly established that they cause brain damage with long term use, fluoride or no fluoride.

Not as bad as the anti-psychotics though, which are almost certain to ruin your mind if you take them for any length of time. Really, any long term psychiatric medication is almost always a poor idea...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

45 litres is not that much water. I have to make a trip every 10 days or so. I too drive a small economobox, for now.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

look for steam distilled and or reverse osmosis bottled water.. smartwater is one of them.. I even think vitamin water is distilled..

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by paul76

I understand where you are coming from on this. You don't see anything happening so of course nothing is happening. Right? Well, to be quite honest with you, what most people don't know is that hard chemicals like this don't simply wash through your body. It's a build up process that takes a lot of time. Years even. You can feel fine right now but 10 years, 20? It's your choice to simply accept what you are told and literally swallow it but there are many other studies out there showing the ill effects that this byproduct/industrial waste has on the body and environment.

Good luck my friend waiting on the word from the PTB telling you that it isn't safe anymore. Especially since they are the ones that were bought out to pass the bills saying that it's okay in the first place. You will be waiting a very LONG time.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

also by Reynolds ...aluminum, a heavy metal, is not allowed to be disposed in land fills. however, it is legal to use it in fertilizers and soil mixes-- a little bit of lobbying can go a long way.

therefore, Reynolds is successfully disposing of a heavy metal directly into the land.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Boiling point of flouride is=3092 degrees Fahrenheit water boils at 210 degrees.. a distiller is perfect for removing flouride.. as it boils water to 210 degrees and only the water evaporates.. and condenses ..this is the ONLY WAY to remove flouride 99.99% .. get yourself a water distiller or purchase distilled bottled water.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
but, dosn't distilling water also remove the vitamins and minerals, necessary for us?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
where are teeth gonna get there flouride from if its not in bottle water and its no longer in drinking water. thats what i was always taught.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Osama Bin Laden at Area 5

Teeth do not need the type of flouride that is being thrown in the water. Drink milk. Brush and floss. You'll be fine.

I was taught a lot of things that were either false or inaccurate. We have to have evolving knowledge systems to hope to catch up with truth.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I guess it might. Take some multivitamine and mineral supplements just in case.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Flouride is not the only bone hardening element.
Try researaching STRONTIUM,
I buy colloidal Strontium and put a few drops on my baking soda laden toothbrush, after having used the water pik. And I don't rinse.
This is the element that used to be used in "sensitive tooth" toothpaste.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
i have the aquasana system which only unfortunately reduces fluoride by 40-60%. there are 5 isotopes which make up fluoride though mine only cuts out two: calcium fluoride (commonly used as a window and lens material, in the manufacture of teflon and in the separation and concentration of uranium isotopes in nuclear reactors) and sodium fluoride (salt used in the fluoridation of water, toothpaste, insecticide and rat poison).

i use fluoride free toothpaste and just try and use, and ingest, as organic as possible.

if you do more research on this it wil astound you.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join