It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Cries Foul When Fluoride Removed From Water

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Media Cries Foul When Fluoride Removed From Water

www.roguegovernment.com

(NaturalNews) A recent newscast delivered some great news for natural health advocates while portraying it as a bad thing. On July 19, 2008 Channel 9 News (ABC) in Seminole County, FL reported that "Soon, a natural element will no longer be added to county drinking water, find out how the county tried to avoid telling customers until Channel 9 got involved."

After a commercial break it was revealed that the "natural" element they were referring to was Sodium Fluoride. The idea that the fluoride added to municipal water supplies is "natural" is a common myth. While Calcium Fluoride is the 5th most abundant element in the Earth's crust, it is Sodium Fluoride (Sodium Hexafluorosilicate), a toxic by-product of Aluminum production, that is added to the drinking water of most states in the U.S.

Sodium Fluoride has been shown to cause brain damage, ADD, Alzheimer's disease, various types of cancer, kidney problems, thyroid problems and (ironically) tooth problems. An uninformed man was shown on Channel 9 complaining that his children would no longer have the fluoride that they need for their teeth.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Here is a video from that newscast. ABC 9 FLUORIDE NEWSCAST

There is also fluoride in bottled water. Here is list of companies that add fluoride to the water: Fluoridated Bottle Water

[edit on 22-9-2008 by The Revealer]

[edit on 23-9-2008 by The Revealer]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This makes me sick. That is very disturbing to me that the media would try to upset people over fluoride, which is not good for anything.

www.roguegovernment.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

History of Fluoridation

In the 1930's, out of the goodness of their hearts, ALCOA (the leading producer of Aluminum) began performing dental studies. Not surprisingly, the results of their study determined that the cause of a tooth mottling (Colorado brown stain) was due to lack of fluoride, a chemical that until then had to be treated as the toxic waste it is. What a coincidence, they just happened to have lots of sodium fluoride available! As with most studies, the study funded by the Aluminum Industry found the exact results they were looking for. If it had found any other results, the funding would have been cut and the study would have been canceled. So, to protect children as only the Aluminum industry can, they began pushing for mandatory water fluoridation, which allowed them to start selling fluoride (at 20,000% markup) instead of having to pay for it to be disposed of.

Rat Poison

Many have expressed concern that sodium fluoride often goes by another name:Rat Poison! We shouldn't worry though, claims Dr. Stephen Barrett on Quackwatch dot com (the industry lapdog on health issues) for although fluoride really is rat poison, you'd need to drink a lot of fluoridated water to actually die. Sodium fluoride was discovered in the 1930's to make people more docile and easily manageable. Fluoride is a key component of Sarin nerve gas and is also used in Prozac. The myth that fluoride helps teeth is so widespread that 70% of Americans believe it should be added to their water, and as of the year 2000, 41 U.S. States fluoridated their water. Even natural companies like Tom's of Maine offer fluoridated toothpaste to appease customers who have apparently demanded it.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by The Revealer]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
What makes it even worse is the people who hear this stuff from the media actually believe it over people that know better and can prove what is said is a lie.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

The Bottom Line

It may come as a surprise to learn just why Seminole county in Florida is making this important step that will almost certainly improve the health of their residents: cost reduction. Channel 9 reported that the cost of fluoride has increased and that budget cuts were the reason to longer add the element to water. According to Wikipedia, it costs 31 cents per person per year to add fluoride to water, along with other equipment repair costs. This is the silver lining of our collapsing economy: people and cities can no longer afford to be so wasteful. Since most of the products people buy are toxic, the less they can spend, the better off the Earth will be. Given cheap gas, many Americans bought an SUV (because they love the outdoors) and a McMansion. The real estate boom caused acre after acre of farmland to be turned into toxic housing developments. Vegetables that would grow in our own towns are shipped 1200 miles on average. Apparently, having extra money allows counties to add extra poison to their water as well. Channel 9 News simply did not mention that adding fluoride to water is a source of major controversy. Their point was to imply that people are being cheated out of the fluoride they deserve, and no doubt some will likely complain.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Wonder if they'll change their mind about it when I send them this link:

Your Fluoride comes from Fertilizer Plants

I am currently looking for their email address and will let you know if I hear back.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KidOK

That website doesn't work. Where are you sending these e-mails'?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Morons.

Someone should call that station and read them the riot act.

Here, this is one of my earliest threads on ATS:

Fluoridation: A conspiracy so old, we think it's normal

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It is a sure sign that indoctrination has worked when the people demand more poison for their water.

I'm glad mine comes from a private well.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revealer
reply to post by KidOK

That website doesn't work. Where are you sending these e-mails'?

Heres the link. I just sent them a message by looking at their website.

www.seminolecountyfl.gov...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Maybe this station should take comfort in the other things that may be found in their drinking water...

EPA Unlikely to Limit Perchlorate in Tap Water

The Environmental Protection Agency, under pressure from the White House and the Pentagon, is poised to rule as early as today that it will not set a drinking-water safety standard for perchlorate, a component of rocket fuel that has been linked to thyroid problems in pregnant women, newborns and young children across the nation.

According to a near-final document obtained by The Washington Post, the EPA's "preliminary regulatory determination" -- which was extensively edited by White House officials -- marks the final step in a six-year-old battle between career EPA scientists who advocate regulating the chemical and White House and Pentagon officials who oppose it. The document estimates that up to 16.6 million Americans are exposed to perchlorate at a level many scientists consider unsafe; independent researchers, using federal and state data, put the number at 20 million to 40 million.

Some perchlorate occurs naturally, but most perchlorate contamination in U.S. drinking water stems from improper disposal by rocket test sites, military bases and chemical plants. A nationwide cleanup could cost hundreds of millions, if not billions, of dollars, and several defense contractors have threatened to sue the Defense Department to help pay for it if one is required.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
with the FED and Executive office in control, Why buy more and waste the money?
Mission Accomplished

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Shocking. kinda makes you wonder about the water you drink, and what is contained therein? Under the FOIA, what did/does the Government know about Fluoride and other *things* in the water?

perchlorate contamination in U.S. drinking water stems from improper disposal by rocket test sites, military bases and chemical plants.

I bet there is more to this story than meets the eye.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by mapsurfer_]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

(NaturalNews)

Sodium Fluoride has been shown to cause brain damage, ADD, Alzheimer's disease, various types of cancer, kidney problems, thyroid problems and (ironically) tooth problems.

ADD?! Thats it, I've had it. And Alzheimer's led to the congestive heart failure that killed my grandfather. Get your grinding stone! Sharpen that axe! ITS GO TIME!!!
Or perhaps they need a dose of some GOURMET RAT POISON!!!

I drink more tap water than most and its conclusive to me. I think its an island of horse #### that the only tooth hardening substance is fluoride. Could a toothpaste with heavy amounts of calcium achieve the same result? And could somebody explain why sodium fluoride is used instead of calcium fluoride?

I'm going fluoride free.

Apostrophes are immune to formatting.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by GlassRunner]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
People demanding fluoride in their water, the FDA is about to allow GM animals for food, is everyone blind?! Oh yeah, I guess the fluoride did it.

[edit on 9/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
These people SHOULD be happy that the fluoride was taken out but since they have been drinking the fluoridated water, they are brainwashed and are told what to think that the fluoride was great for them.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
the media and writers are INTELLECTUAL PROSTITUTES

i think at least half of them wish they could say what they really wanted to, but they need to "put food on the tables" and getting fired in this manner, (ranting about what they really think) would make it very difficult to get rehired for a similiar position.

Americans are not the pushover's everyone thinks we are (even us LOL)

it's just a matter of our masters slow boiling us to perfection or option two is deflection of our anger (thru a manipulated event) should there power be threatened and we Decide to care enough en masse

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
My hometown's water and sewage office decribes flouride as such:

Water additive promoting strong teeth;...Discharge from fertilizer and alluminum production

Man, if I were Rio Tinto Alcan or Monsanto, and I noticed even the local municipalities had hypnotic spirals in their eyes about sodium flouride, there would be no stopping me from taking the toothpaste market by dental-hygenic storm. Have to do something with all that toxi-umm-benneficial by-product. Remember, reduce, reuse, recycle.

@ cpdaman
Might you be forgetting that the majority of people living in the US still believe Saddam had nuclear weapons? At least, down here in the south where I am, any contrary notion is nearly unheard of, through it is accepted by many who recieve the...divulgence.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GlassRunner

Could a toothpaste with heavy amounts of calcium achieve the same result? And could somebody explain why sodium fluoride is used instead of calcium fluoride?

I'm tired and about to head to bed, but I'll try to get one more post through the mental fog...

Fluoride tends to bond with tooth enamel, decreasing its susceptabilty to acids. Calcium does not do this; as a matter fact, only fluoride will, since fluorine is the best oxidizer known and will bond with almost anything. Fluorine (which fluoride is composed of) will actually liberate oxygen from most compounds because it is such a powerful oxidizer.

The reason sodium fluoride is used instead of calcium fluoride is that sodium fluoride is a byproduct of purifying aluminum. Without the study that found fluoride would increase the acidity resistance to acids, it would be considered a hazardous waste substance (and actually is considered Haz-Mat during transportation). But since it can be used in water and toothpaste, aluminum manufacturers can sell sodium fluoride instead of paying to have it disposed of safely.

Got water?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Fluoridated Bottled Water Hits Market

Source

MILWAUKEE -- Bottled water has grown more and more popular over the years, but it never contained fluoride -- until now. Many dentists, like Nancy Oriyani, have seen the benefits of fluoride up close. "We are seeing a lot less and less cavities since fluoride has been added to the water supply," Oriyani said. The American Dental Association said fluoridated water, fluoride treatments at the dentist and toothpaste with fluoride mean lots of children don't get any cavities at all.

But Consumer Reports' Dr. Marvin Lipman said not everyone is getting enough. "Not all communities fluoridate their water systems. And a lot of people are drinking bottled water," Lipman said.

Most bottled water you see on store shelves does not contain fluoride. However, Dannon has just come out with "Fluoride to Go." It's targeted to kids. Other companies sell fluoridated water in containers small and large, even five gallon jugs, but not everyone needs it. "If your tap water is fluoridated, you're getting enough protection. But if it's not, or you're drinking a lot of bottled water, then the American Dental Association says that you should drink fluoridated bottled water," Lipman said. And you should look for a brand that tells you how much fluoride you're getting. Not all do. You want one milligram per liter.

But dentists like Oriyani said don't expect fluoride to do the job alone. You still have to brush and floss Besides the water, parents could also buy fluoride supplements for their children, but there's a catch. Experts said too much fluoride can cause white spots on your teeth and even pit the enamel. Bottledwater.org has a list of all bottled waters that contain fluoride.

Just more lies to dumb people down. This is disgusting!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join