It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would like to be a vampire?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Is there anybody on here that would like to live the life of a vampire? Ive seen some movies and read some books and Im intrigued and I must admit I like the new series TrueBlood, My girlfriend loves Eric Nortman(Alexander Skaarsgard) and I liked him in Generation Kill but it seems like such a lonely life(obviously) but I have no family except for a girlfriend and I dont see us getting married so I think I would like to be one, that is if they existed
. I mean I sleep during the day and Im up all night so Im almost halfway there hahaha..I would like to hear what my new ATS friends think about this topic..Would you like to be a vampire?..Yes or no?...Thanks

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I have enough painful drives, such as hunger, sleep, and sex, and I really don't need any more. So, no thank you.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

You should come to Whitby (not far from where I live), it's where Dracula was washed ashore after the ship carrying his coffin sunk ... just below the abbey (according to Bram Stoker). There's a couple of Goth / Vamp festivals there every year ... a few of them who visit may be the real deal !!!

As for me ... ner, being a witch is enough for now and of course the pastlives ... if you add them up I've already been around for about 5,000 yrs ... I'm ready for a rest after this one (eternity is a very long time).

Woody

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

I would become a vampire in a heart beat. Mainly because I am very.....concerned...with my own mortality. Have been since a child.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by cmd18B

You should come to Whitby (not far from where I live), it's where Dracula was washed ashore after the ship carrying his coffin sunk ... just below the abbey (according to Bram Stoker). There's a couple of Goth / Vamp festivals there every year ... a few of them who visit may be the real deal !!!

As for me ... ner, being a witch is enough for now and of course the pastlives ... if you add them up I've already been around for about 5,000 yrs ... I'm ready for a rest after this one (eternity is a very long time).

Woody

Hmm who knows, but if I was a vampire I'm not sure I would want to hang around vampire festivals with wannabe vampires.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Sleep all day. Party all night. Never grow old. Never die. It's fun to be a vampire...

From the movie Lost Boys (1987)

Sounds like fun indeed.

But Immortality isn't something I would need.

And neither is drinking blood

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Grey Magic]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
WOW Cajun, Thats deep and I thank you for sharing that with us/me, I feel the same way, Ive served overseas..alot ...and I feel like sometimes like im put on this Earth to roam forever. I mean its kimd of adark topic but imagine what we would see as decades passed by and whats the worst case scenario, If we become tired of being a night walker we can always step outside get fried..right?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Dont be fooled by all that you see in vamp movies. Its not all sex, blood and rock'nroll. Its a completely tormented existance. Remember that the first transition you have to make to become a vamp is to DIE. Vampires are essentially a highly evolved form of undead zombie. The only way to survive as a vampire is to KILL and consume blood, since they require constant, daily transfusions because their own blood quickly dies and has to be replaced.

Vampires came into being because people did not understand what happens to a person when they die and decompose. Graves would howl as the bodies spewed gases that would echo in their coffins. When they would be dug up, rigor was set in and the bodies would often pop up, or hands would lash out. People thought that they had dug up something that was dead, yet alive.
Fast forward to Vlad Tepes (the Impaler), who became the face of the vampire due to his sadistic ways. Vlad Draculea gave rise to Dracula (the english translation), or the modern day villain Count Dracula. The legend of Vlad Tepes is easy to research and a very gruesome and interesting read.

That very very brief history is just to note that the true legend of the vampire is not one of romance, sex, or suave. It is violent, demonic, all consuming rage of the damned and dead.

There is nothing cool about being a vampire. When I only knew of the hollywood vamps, I thought it would be cool to become one, but knowing the true legend of the beast, I have no desire to even pretend.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by wheresthetruth]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

You could be right but it may be an easy way to find willing volunteers ... I'm sure a wannabe vampire would jump at the chance to have their neck sucked-on by the real thing ... and in turn become one of them (if indeed that is how it works of course)!

Woody

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

That's what I've wondered. About the stepping outside. I mean, would we not have a soul if we were a vampire? Would there simply be nothing? We would just become ash? Perhaps there would be no life after death.

I have said some things on this forum, that I was and then recanted saying I wasn't a vampire. The reason I did this is for privacy. The truth is I am what you refer to as a "psi-vamp". If we are talking the classic sense of immortality then, yes, I would want to be a vampire. Anyone who is a "vampire" in reality, or rather energy deficient knows it isn't fun, or cool. But I find this energy deficiency problem manageable as long as I enter public areas a few times a week. And I would be willing to live with what I already have only exchange for blood, in order to be immortal. As I said I have found my own mortality hard to cope with. I've always been a bit....scared of death and now being an amateur scientist tend to find myself seeking in the realm of life after death. Even though obviously everyone here is mortal....Unless maybe Highlander posts here?

If I do not feed I become sick. This started when I was around 16, never cared for vampires. I thought it was "gay" and the emo, goth kids back when I was in high school really ruined any reality to a matter that is very real. I remember they would dress up with fake fangs....and tails....tails? I know... I noticed I would become extremely sick if I wasn't around people and thought for a long time it was mental. Maybe some type of depression since I've heard it can lead to ill health. Over time it became more and more clear that this was something more. I didn't want it to be, I felt crummy and obviously could never go up to a friend after finding out psi-vamps were real and saying "Hey, I'm a vampire!". It doesn't quite work that way. You lose friends that way. Although some who have been around me long enough have come to realize that this is the case. Without me needing to tell them....some things have happened. Once finding out I was a vampire, I was ashamed. To this day I don't wear a trench coat or any cliche stereotype. In fact I dress "preppy". Such is usual when growing up amongst high society.

Unlike some of those goth wannabees will tell you. And yes, they are wannabees (Only about 40% of the real vampire population is legit). The only similarity I really see is a parasitic nature to feed off energy as far as the classic repatoire of a vampire goes. It is a theory of mine that over time those who drank blood had to evolve to a more acceptable state to gather energy, hence the "psi-vamps". If I were to get into detail and really didn't care about my privacy I would give you a name to one of my ancestors who lived in France who was known to drink blood. Perhaps Vampirism is a recessive gene. Everyone who knows me knows I have fangs, in fact 2 on each side, and 2 below, which are much smaller. I can usually use it to get out of fights or to settle people that may be seen as a threat. Of course this is because of the cliche vampire flicks. Also when I was 11 the dentist told me by teeth were the strongest he had ever seen and that I would never have a cavity. That holds true to this day.

I don't drink blood, generally. I don't need it to survive instead it is a type of high for us. Generally I am above the blood drinkers. Perhaps it is because of the society and life I had as an early youth. In fact blood drinkers are usually deemed unacceptable amongst the higher-archy. The blood high is like when it is said that the mother who has a craving for a certain type of food and eats it while she is pregnant will carry onto the child as it's favorite food...
[continued]

[edit on 18-9-2008 by RagenCajun]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
[continued]

Another novelty is the explanation that vampires have powers. Well the answer to that is yes and no. We do not have super strength or any of the like. I wish we did. Energy vamping can be seen as a unique energy exchange. I personally do happen to have a unique effect over babies and animals. They become very serene seeing me. They are never afraid of my teeth as well if I am to show them. Also we have keen senses. Enchanced hearing and eye sight. Many of us can see the energy and hear things above normal pitch. Such as a dog whistle. Many of us are psychically aware.

We do not have any problem with silver, lol. Really a dumb idea. Some of us are atheist just as any other human is. Some are not. The only weakness I can see that represents a problem is sun light. I do not know why but some of us get an allergic reaction when out in the sun too long. Also our eyes water and we sweat tremendously in sunlight even synthetic light sometimes. This is a problem especially where I work. We do not sleep in coffins. Though I find personally, I can't get to sleep unless it is complete darkness. My eyes are too sensitive and my pupils usually appear dialated.

We cannot turn people into vampires. We are born this way. Maybe in the future gene slicing will create a new breed.

That is all I have to say for now....

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by _Phoenix_

You could be right but it may be an easy way to find willing volunteers ... I'm sure a wannabe vampire would jump at the chance to have their neck sucked-on by the real thing ... and in turn become one of them (if indeed that is how it works of course)!

Woody

Hmm yes your probably right. But another point comes into my head, if vampires exist they obviously try to stay hidden, so they can't really pick just anyone or they will leave a trail of evidence and problems will come to them.

So I'm not sure how it would be done, but they would have to be very clever and careful.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I've thought about this for years, on and off, and still haven't been able to come to a decision 100% about it.

Honestly, death scares me. The thought that my life is only 70 or 80 years, and after that, I just won't exist..it scares the # out of me, so the thought of immortality is appealing in that respect. Also, the respect that I'd get to sit back, watch the world change over hundreds of years..the geeky part of me would love that, to just be able to see it evolve. The only drawback I've found, is seeing everyone I care about dying, over and over again throughout the years. No idea if I'd be able to cope with that, knowing everyone I cared about would die, unless they were turned too. Kind of related to this, I've always wanted a family, 2.4 children, white picket fence, things like that, which being a vampire would all but make impossible.

If the opportunity ever arose though, when I was older, I'd probably say yes in a heartbeat. You know, if vampires even existed, which I'm seriously doubting

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I would not want to be a vampire.

For precisely the same reason someone else mentioned. One would be totally driven by insatiable "want" or "hunger."

Although my life here is short, one thing I have learned is that the sensation of "want" or "need" is extremely unpleasant.

The feeling of satisfaction is much more pleasant and desirable. So exchanging a mortal life, in which it is possible to have very little want and a lot of satisfaction for immortality in a form of "hell," that state of constant craving, seems like a very poor trade.

Edit to add; Dark Passenger, one thing you forget in your scenario is that you really would not care if your former loved ones died. Vampires do not love. In fact, much like a drug addict would steal from their own family, including their children, a Vampire would consume without remorse someone they had loved intensely in life.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

What do you mean vampires do not love?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I would love to be a vampire not the creepy Nosferatu kind but the ones from the Romantic period of literature that would be awesome.

Im sure you've seen it if your into those kinda movies... my favorite one "Queen of the Damned " now i would mind spending the rest of my life like that..

Just imagine all the new tech you'd see in the next 100 or the next 500... personal super computers being able to post in ATS with only a thought

To be able to watch as we left the Earth and then to watch it die while spreading your immortal family across the universe..

I might even talk my girlfriend into come with me on a nice long trip(i wouldn't mind spending an eternity with her)

Well... so yeah I'd do it in a half a heart beat no think no second thoughts...

heh i day dream allot lol

Peace

Justice

[edit on 18-9-2008 by ...and justice for some]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
As to most mythological 'beasts' there is reality base for the vampires as well; they are metaphors of real states of existance - no such actual blood drinkers and immortals exists, but there exists psychological state similar to the metaphorical vampire.

But whatever - I wouldn't like to be either

Sincerely,

-v

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RagenCajun

While I cannot be perfectly certain what Illusionsaregrander meant, yet I think that he spoke about true, unconditioned love, not based on personal drive and lust. True love is something that you give even without gain. Unconditioned.

Sincerely,

-v

[edit on 18-9-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'm guessing the OP means the "Hollywood" type of vampire. And I'd say, no to it. With my luck I'd end up in daylight somehow.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I mean that the classic vampire from myth has no capacity for love.

Hollywood and romantic literature, and Anne Rice have "softened" and humanized the vampire. Generally speaking, to sell books and movies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join