It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would like to be a vampire?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Wow..Ive been reading the posts and thanks for posting guys, I thought maybe this was not an entertaining thread, I stand corrected, Like alot of the members, I agree with the seeing of many futures there would be to come, Imagine how the world will evolve!, I guess I really posted this because even though Im young and have a good life I do not have much love in it and no family so I make a good cadidate however I do have a GF but I dont see that lasting very long. Yes loving over and over again would suck but you wont be alone, you will always have "your kind" to walk the night with and like I said earlier, If you become bored affter 500 years, WALK INTO THE LIGHT CAROLANNE!!! and you will end your boredom...Keep up the posts my new friends

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'm glad you guys find some resonance in something I've said above, but hold up your own minds and do not take granted anything what I've (or anybody) said, only trust your own experiences; I am pretty certain that most of you already know this deep within. Nevertheless I must encourage you on that certain ways of thinking and attitudes helps on the path of self realisation.

Gnothi Seauton - Know thyself (as it reads on Illusions avatar) was originally (AFAIK) carved at the entrance of temple of Delfoi, great school of mysticism. Most importantly one has to learn to be objective and then he have to look into him-/herself. This slogan from the Delfoi's temple is said to be continued as: "... and you will know the universe and it's gods".

I myself am very stubborn as it comes to conseptions/beliefs/faiths and so on; but I was shown the way even I did not believe - my personal experiences throughout my life had led me here where I am now. What I have is not belief but faith - faith through 1st hand experiences.

Sigh, I feel that I should say no more, because there's a danger that my words (which is writing of mere 'mortal' so to type) will confuse my meanings and perhaps seduce someone to believe in something that may not be true.

Few things I can safely say tho:

One can merely stand as waypoint or a sign post in other people's lives. There are many paths to self realization, and only each individual can find there alone; from the self realization, starts only two paths, another one towards the matter, and another towards the spirit. But that is another story and I cannot really tell anything about it for I have that path yet to walk.

I can give one advice: Be constantly vigilant, observe yourself and the others objectively and do not judge even how hard would it be - merely observe. Observation is key to knowledge, judgement is elevating oneself and very harmful, because you will lose all the objectivity once you'll do so.

And Justice.. Something about the 'bible'. There are many meanings hidden on it's texts and mainstream christians including the priests of the church has lost it's meanings; they believe that belief saves you - that couldn't be more wrong! Your actions are those that save or condemn you, not your thoughts and beliefs! Anyway, there are levels in that text, and there are lots of metaphors even when not specificially mentioned. This is why it appears to be contradictory to many (and yes it is contradictory because it is not original anymore - because of the translations, interpretations and all the add-ons). And remember, most written word (meaning the occult and spiritual) is not what it seems: Demons are metaphors of different state of existence, not literal creatures of darkness, and alike are hell and heaven, states of existence. I really cannot say no more, at least about this issue. Hopefully I am not preaching, because I still do not want to convert anyone to think in way I do. I might, afterall, be totally misguided and illusional

Be well, all of you!

Sincerely,

-v

[edit on 18-9-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Vampires before they transform into vampires die. Upon death, the soul, the thing that makes you, you...goes onto whatever comes next...

What remains would be a souless, unliving, undead monstrosity with no redeeming characteristics whatsoever.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ...and justice for some

Vampires are called the Damned or the Children of the Damned. what do you think(opinion of course) happens to there souls if they did exist? Are they instantly corrupted and sent to hell(following your lead and using Christian terms) or do they go to God, or since they're not completely dead yet are they stuck in some kinda limbo?

Well, referring back to the idea that as they become Vampires the part of them that was naturally connected to the Divine or God, (their "soul") is lost or given back to the Divine, (their identity is utterly disassociated from it) they are "damned" simply because they are now irretrievably disconnected from the Divine, from Love itself. They do not need to be sent anywhere. Hell is, quite simply, being disconnected from the Divine. Their entire existence is a hell, always wanting, never having. Like being a starving man at a banquet with no mouth, they can see what they crave everywhere, but never actually have it. The soul itself remains as it always was a part of the Divine and inseparable from it. Our soul in a sense is never separate from the Divine, it is the part of us that it also a part of the Divine.

Even here on Earth, for humans, to the degree you have lost the capacity to feel the Divine in you, and in the world around you, you are in hell. Regardless what name you call the Divine by. To the degree you are able to find the Divine within you, and in all things around you, you are in heaven. As long as you know that you are a soul in a body, you have the capacity to reach or look into your own soul and find your way to the Divine.

For the Vampire, giving up association with the soul, it has completely severed the tie between itself and the Divine. It confused itself as a body/mind with a soul, and it mistook the body/mind as being the part that was itself. So it tossed away the soul hoping to have the body/mind eternally.

The Vampire in seeking "immortality" has traded eternal life, (which is what all alive are gifted with, though our FORM may change via death of the body) for an immortal form, devoid of life and unchanging, and utterly separate from the Divine with no internal guide with which to ever find its way back. I do not believe in a God or Divinity that punishes, that would contradict the notion of Love, instead once the soul is cast away, once that cord is cut, the way back to the Divine can no longer be found.

Originally posted by ...and justice for some
another thing... would you think that it would make a difference on the out come of their souls if they were turned by choice or against their will?

I would think that the truth would have to be that you could not be turned into that without choice. It may be that a Vampire would seduce you to choose a certain way, weaken you physically to confuse you, but ultimately I would think that the only way a soul could ever be lost would be by choice. You may not realize the choice, you may cut the cord to your own soul one thread at a time, rather than in one decisive move, but I dont think it could be broken against your will. Most fed upon by Vampires in the stories simply die. Only some few become Vampires themselves, and there does seem to be in the tales some agreement that they will be made Vampire themselves rather than killed.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RagenCajun

Originally posted by RagenCajun
Will there be judgment for our actions? And if so who will be the judge?

I really cannot answer - I do not know, I'll find out when I'll leave this grave. But way I 'think' it is, our actions will be our judge. Our energy within us may take form in specific way regarding what we have done and how we lived and thought. This form of energy then, carrying it's 'memory' (in a sense) will seek it's place in the vast sea of energy and finally will receive it's payment. Mere speculation, no proof at all.

Sincerely,

-v

PS. this most likely is going to be my last post for few days as I'll be leaving my base for couple of days. I hope you all find what you are looking for

[edit on 18-9-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Cajun,

I have mixed feelings on psi-vamps. On the one hand, I have heard that a controlled, consentual draining can be very stress relieving and relaxing as vamp leechs focused energies from the subject.
On the other hand, there are those that abuse such an ability and can actually, knowingly or not, seriously disturb a serene situation by drawing the positive energies from the area.

Empaths of any and all forms have to be very careful in how they interact with society, since most people will not know what, or why, something is happening to them. To a lesser extent, even consentual subjects have to be aware of their energy levels and moods or they can unwittingly change their demeanor and not even know it.

I dont consider myself a psi-vamp or even an empath, but I can sense mood energy, especially when I am engaged with a person. Its mostly peaks, valleys, and aura waves, but I have never actually tried to leech the energy before. More often than not, I tend to let it wash over me and consume a portion of my own demeanor and have to be very careful about paying attention to how my moods change based on the people around me. I have intensified some otherwise manageable situations in the past and didnt realize it until long after. It is most definitely a tricky situation.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
id love to be a vampire. i just wish i could know for a fact they exsisted.
i mean, if theyve been around for so long...how come more people dont know about them ...or believe in them...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

There are certain ethics certain vampires follow and I understand the concern. When I feed I go into large areas. It seems when I do that they energy is skimmed from each person to the point where they really don't notice it. Now one on one with someone can be....very depressing for them and make them low. That's why I tend to stay away from just being with one person. I have no control on the feeding. My energy body just takes what it needs. I once knew a shaman, who although wasn't a vampire could steal energy through various techniques he learned living amongst mystics. I can understand how people feel when having their energy drained now. He took so much that it got to the point of sickness. That may be because I didn't have much energy at the time to begin with. He was very....adept and shared many stories with me. I can read moods as well. This is something I don't consider is just limited to vampires. In fact it isn't. I've been able to do this all my life. Some people are natural sensitives as I am sure you are.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RagenCajun
reply to post by cmd18B

Unlike some of those goth wannabees will tell you. And yes, they are wannabees (Only about 40% of the real vampire population is legit). Everyone who knows me knows I have fangs, in fact 2 on each side, and 2 below, which are much smaller. I can usually use it to get out of fights or to settle people that may be seen as a threat. Of course this is because of the cliche vampire flicks. Also when I was 11 the dentist told me by teeth were the strongest he had ever seen and that I would never have a cavity. That holds true to this day.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by RagenCajun]

Only 40% of the 'real' vampire population is legit? How do you know this for a fact? Do they have some sort of 'undead sensus" every year?

You say you have fangs? I say prove it. And how do you use them to get out of fights or settle people that may be seen as a threat?? Do you bear your teeth and hiss at them? Just letting you know that I don't know one single guy, who if getting into a fight, would feel threatened by the shape of someones teeth....

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Vampires are boring.. therefore I wouldnt want to be one.
why be a vampire when you could be so much more?
It's like settling for a musty mint candy out of a restaurant "thank you" basket when you could have lobster and steak dinner.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Also I have no fangs but the dentist also tld me I had some amazingly healthy teeth, that was in 1985.
To this day i have never been back to the dentist nor have I had a cavity.
Well thats not true im sorry, actually I had to go to the dentist when i was in the ARMY, and that was in 2002. X-RAYS confimred what I figured, NO CAVITIES.

Not a vampy, but does that make me immortal?
Or somthing else?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

I personally would not like to be a vampire. I think it would suck.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Sure hey, what the heck. I sleep all day and up all night already. Sans the coffin thing. I'd like winged flight. And I don't like my reflection in the mirror now. So ya sign me up.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

People are generally afraid of fangs. Perhaps I live around a lot of cowards. I don't know. As for my fangs, I could take a photo. But why waste my time? They sell those cheap knock-off fangs from Halloween stores. The ones you cap on. They look just as real and there would really be no point, since I could just buy those if you thought me a liar, which it seems you are insinuating. As for the fake vampire "sensus" which is actually spelled census. There is no such thing. I am simply making an estimate based on others I have met in the community that seem to have seen too many vampire films. Lol, you should go over to some of the forums online. Some people claim they are immortal. Well there we go, an obvious wannabe.

Of course you'll read this and already have your pre-bias ideologies on the matter so me saying I am not lying I don't think would do much for someone...of your nature. Believe what you want. As a good friend of mine always use to say. A belief makes no difference in the Truth.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Well if we are going by the classic vampire sense, you would need fangs I suppose as far as the teeth element. However fangs have nothing to do with being a vampire. It's the energy that is needed to be fed upon.

In regards to your other post......yes, being a vampire is quite boring. I don't understand all this hype. Well actually I do. It is the media.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

You are correct. I consider Vampirism a form of illness similar to anemia. I guess you could call it an energy anemia.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Media or not, I feel the whole vampire premis is lacking substance.
I mean a creature or person that feeds on blood like a parasite?
I find being a predator to be far more appealing.
Parasite????/Predator???
The one thing in movies anyway that allways struck me as rediculous is why they allways portray vampires as these sleezy perverted lay abouts that are allways enjoying orgies and drinking blood. Its like give me a break, there are worlds out there to be taken why waste time lounging in an overly decorated mansion getting it on with sickly looking creatures that for all purposes possess not the slightest amount of strength..

Parasites...........they make an ointment im sure....

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

I agree as far as the sleazy sex appeal and horrible mansion decorum. Hahaha, it has become very cliche.

I have stated before that it is the energy that needs to be fed on. Not the blood per say.

What exactly do you mean by a predator? I am interested.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Well if Im not mistaken isnt it mostly common in the vampire circles to feed off of willing participants? Usually with in the same social gathering?
I find it interesting that people need to feed off energy almost symbiotically sharing in the pleasure lusting in the life force of another.

But...at the same time I dont know.. There is an emptiness in simply slurping up a little blood from a self inflicted cut with a bacteria free razor.
Movies dont feature enough real entities, with true strengths and powers.
God like power if I may.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Although I wouldnt have mind,in my younger days, a nip by the charming Dracula played by Christopher Lee, and prefering in the teenyears the night hours, today, as a mature woman I love the early morning hours. the game of sunlight, playing with nature. So, no I do not like to be a vampire.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join