It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would like to be a vampire?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RagenCajun

Its just that anyone can come online and say they are anything they want to be. For example, I'm a 6 foot tall 190 pound black man with a black belt in jujitsu.
And that couldn't be further from the truth!
How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
All I am saying is that if someone can come out of the woodworks and make claims that they are a vampire, they should have proof to back it up.
Sometimes I think people can just get caught up in their own imaginations, and the internet is an easy and safe way to play out these fantasies, because if you were to express these 'delusions' in real life, you may find yourself in the looney bin.

www.minddisorders.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

No. I totally agree. I established a long time ago not to reveal anything what-so-ever about about myself online. A few years ago I did this and someone started stalking me because they were able to find my address from my IP and such. No. Don't get my wrong I 100% agree with you. Perhaps it's borderline paranoia but after that one incident I became very......private especially online.

I am 21. And I'm not some idiot nor am I crazy. I use to be crazy....I mean I was teenager once, lol. My IQ is nearly 10 points above genius. Oops! There I go making another claim

I don't mind you asking the questions or being skeptical. In fact it is deserved. But I think at this point we should get back on topic. Just because...well....we're off topic. I just want to give the OP do respect at this point.

So in case I don't hear back from you, best wishes! and take care, my friend

[edit on 20-9-2008 by RagenCajun]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I notice it people seem to refer to you as a vampire with skepticism.
I think this is because many are unfamiliar with the vampire subcultrue that is a fact. Am I correct when I place you in this type of catagory?
Just like when someone claims they are a witch many will like wise scoff the concept not realizing that that too is also an actual practice and the people who partake in it honestly veiw it as a part of their lives.
I think people are confusing reality with Hollywood.

I dont know what claims people say you are making other than your a vampire, is that right?
anyway i was just curious what your take on my assertion is.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

True ! But I'm sure even the most clever and careful vampire (if they exist), feels like grabbing a quick bite occasionally ... pun intended
Probably the equivalent of us taking a trip to McDonalds or nuking a ready meal.

Woody

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Exactly right. Witches for those who are not educated are still seen as riding on brooms, with long crooked noses and a cauldron. This cannot be further from the truth. Hollywood doesn't equal real. But so many people have been brainwashed by the media, church, and government. They confuse what is real and what is made up. Similar to the witch hunts. People need to start doing the research themselves, have an open mind, and not start with a biased media perspective.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Just curious, were you born with the extra set of fangs though, or did you have dental work done?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The only bit I'd like is that I could turn into a bat and fly to work.

I'd save a fortune in fuel.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Interesting thread, I enjoyed reading it.

If we lived in such a world where vampires existed, where the "common lore" that we know of now - much in part through recent fiction novels and hollywood - was true, then I know they'd have to stop me from banging down the doors (crypts?) to get in on it! However, being a rational person I know that its all mythology and Hollywood fiction, so none of that desire is based on reality.

I'm a modern vampire lore hobbyist myself. I'm not goth at all, I just enjoy reading the book and watching the movies/tv shows. Heightened senses, immortality, and heck I'm already a night person. Then..if you want to end it..just walk out into the sun (unless your more of a Twilight mythology person..where its harder to kill yourself).

But like I said, I don't believe in any of it - the traditional, modern, or new age ('psychic' vampire) lore. But if I the modern type (the traditional lore is nothing more than an animated corpse, and the new age lore is just sort of new ageist/not my cup of tea) of lore was true - absolutely!

Also, since we're talking about beings that don't exist, I am not so sure myself that vampires - were they to exist - would not have souls. Death of the body is not death of the soul. We connect the two because we live in a world where once the physical body dies, there is nothing sentient left in what is behind that we see. However, were vampires real, it would change our understanding of what a soul can reside in. Of course..all this is rather theoretical, as no such things exist, but its never the less an interesting discussion

[edit on 23-9-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I would have to think that I would want to be a modern day vampire as well. From all the good input on this thread it is safe to say that If I had the chance I would take it and walk the earth for as long as need be.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
If you want to live forever, simply realize that you do, or read the emerald tablets. The last tablet has a method for how to attain eternal life. Some other interesting practices in there as well like methods for taking memories of this life unto the next. Bear in mind, there is much to be learned from death, final death, birth and rebirth, trying to avoid either is to avoid life itself. Like they say,"Death is the road to awe" (we're all living the proof)

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Honestly i think that becoming a vampire wouldn't be all that different than i am now. i avoid the sun at all costs and i love blood, the taste, the color, the way it oozes out of a cut. i think that the only downside would be the living hundreds of lives. after a while you would just get sick of it. but that always leaves suicide and hell if you wanted to you could even try the whole take over the world routine. if i had the opportunity i would definately become a vampire, there is no doubt in my mind that it would be a better life than what i have.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Like I said before, I would succomb to a nice sexy female vampire and become a night walker, I would do it,

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by yaminoryuu

Funny, but who said vampires automatically go to hell?
That's largely hollywood baldercrap.
Not even actual mythology. I haven't read one myth where they automatically go to hell, when they blink out of existance (not life, in some myths, but existance~) but then, not all 'vampires' in myths were actually vampires. Some demons were thrown into the cauldron. Witches, as well. In some areas, apparitions of loved ones were the vampires- which actually might have been demons taking on their form, because they do that.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I would love to be a vampire. I have imagined being one ever since I knew what a vampire was. I've read many books about them i think it would be amazing to be one.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Leading the life of a Vampire seems like something I could be accustomed to... Although the pain in the beginning would seemingly be unbearable - in reading what others assumptions (and what mine have come to be) claim Vampire characteristics are - I would suffer through many a thing to become "immortal", or whatever their version is. I only really love two people - who are family - and I will see one die within a normal lifespan anyway. There is much to learn in this world, much to question and explore. I plan to take advantage of this life, and maybe if I'm lucky.. My next life as well...

xx

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I had always heard that showing your teeth was a sign of weakness, submission, or peace. in primates. That is why when people smile you feel like they are happy and when people tighten their lips they look mad.

I do not see how showing teeth would get you our of a fight. It never helped the emo kids that wore caps when I was in school. If I was in a bar and some guy got mad and showed his teeth I would laugh and think he was going to bite me, because people are not built to fight with teeth unlike wolfs. When a person leans in to bite it can throw thieir whole body off balance causing them to take a face dive to the floor.

I have seen the feeding off energy think. I can see transfers of it in everyday life and think that vampire is an unfair lable for what these people do. I don't think it was an evolution from the clasic vampire if feel people have been pulling energy off others since time began.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I don't really think I would want to be a vampire because that would mean I'm among the *BLEEP*ed. I don't think that is a place I wish to be. I keep to myself, and I am a bit solitary, but, I find delight in not just darkness, but light. I am more of a spirit of nature than night, though I do love the moon and stars. The precious life of the planet would not exist without the sun's warm light, therefore, I do not think I could abandon such a life pulse. Being a creature of the night would mean I would have to give up half of what I love when it comes to the earth. How could I care for the forest when I can not care fr it during the day when the greenery flourishes? I don't condemn those who wish to be vampires, I feel it is good to have your own choices to alter your physical self, I just don't feel I could adjust to it. I also fear eternal life, I would not wish to abandon loved ones for so long, though I don't express it, I love my family and friends so. I am rather compassionate, if I seem appear cold (but I doubt that I appear as such). No, I am as much a spirit of the light as I am night. I would rather be a werewolf than a vampire, as I would not then be limited to the night. I am a bit too innocent to be some dark and feared creature limited to darkness and be immortal. I think I will just stick to my forests and animals. I'm fine with my physical form. I would not make a good vampire, just not suited for it. I don't want to be a vampire. Yay, nonconformity!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I would love to be a vampire...oh the price some people would pay for their evil ways...The USA is a buffet, especially Washington DC.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
A vampire as well??
I'm already a werewolf, a time-traveler and the anti-christ.... I'd love to but i just don't have the time

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I admit I'm a 35 year old trucker and I daydream all the time of being a Vampire. The mythical type, say a Tom Cruise in Interview with the Vampire. His best role and only one I like him in. But if it came down to it and if I met a Vampire and he or she offered to change me I'd be terrified to go through with it. How could you believe they are just going to kill you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join