It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hack's Palin's Yahoo Email

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hackers especially with this M.O. perform a community service.

Think about it these hackers break into Sarah Palins email account and immediatly post their findings on the web. That doesn't sound like a real criminal or foreign agent.

No a real criminal or foreign agent would use these emails for personal advantage or blackmail and you would never know it had happened.

What these hackers have pointed out is Gov Palin's reckless and irresponsible behavior sending government emails over a widely know insecure email service.

Yea let's give her the nuclear codes she'll probably post them on the fridge!!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DocGonzo

If Obama's private email account was hacked, my response would be the same. Hackers are common criminals.

The topic is the hacking of private email accounts, so nothing has been derailed.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I believe that the guy above me has pointed out, that in fact these e-mails were NOT of a government business nature.

They were about CAMPAIGNING, which is NOT allowed on government accounts.

So you are all clapping and applauding some vagrants who stole an encouraging e-mail and some family photos?

There was no violation of law here by the Governor, only a flagrant violation of the law by some pathetic children.

Those of you in here continuing to say that she was violating the law, are in violation of the terms and conditions as set by the owners of this site. YOu are making untrue, and baiting comments.

I WILL REPORT YOU! -Jason

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Story just broke on CNN!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
One of the most telling things in the way the story broke;

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

The e-mails shown include one from July between Palin and Alaska Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell and another dated earlier this week from Amy McCorkell, the woman Palin appointed to the Governor's Advisory Board on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse in 2007.

Palin has faced criticism for using a private e-mail account to conduct some state business — prompting critics to allege she was attempting to hide information from the public record.

Of course the media won't point out the obvious that none of these e-mails were for government business. THey merely point out where they came from, and that she was harangued for this before.

I wonder if OUR mods can start penalizing the MSM.

lol, Content removed for violations of our T&C's.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The password was reset using the two security questions that if answered correctly will allow you to change the accounts password to anything you want.

Sadly the "hacker" posted the password on a 'site' which in turn caused many anonymous 'members' to try and access the account which caused the account to be locked!

With someone as high profile as Palin (who had a yahoo account) I'm surprised this didn't happen earlier.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

It was reported by the NY Times that Palin and her people were using personal email accounts for government business because they thought those accounts couldn't be subpoenaed.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If you leave your car running with the doors open, you deserve to have it stolen. Yes in a perfect world, you should be able to do this, but guess what......

Anyhow, I definitely do not wan't HER second in command of this country.

For cripes sake it just shows how naiive, careless , and ignorant this woman is.

Or it shows how wiley her handlers are, if this backlash does end up in her favor. But I doubt it will. Even if it does I doubt it was HER plan that planned this up anyhow.

Americans don't tolerate ignorance very well, and a Vice President elect sending government level emails through a yahoo account is ignorance at it's highest level.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I can guarantee this had nothing to do with Anon.
This is a ploy by whatever forces in play to change the public opinion of Anon. as hackers who rampage over peoples personall information
Next Anon. will be probably linked with a terrorist plot to bomb a landmark or somthing along those lines
Watch this space, this is the beginnng of a campaign to spread Anon. disonfo and slowly make them out to be terrorists or "cyber-terrorists"

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Wow. Now its ok to hack into people's email to get dirt on them. Coverup? Yeah right. More like trying to prevent a leak of someone's privacy. This goes to show that if you are not on the side of the Left, they can do whatever they want to you.

Just because you can doesn't mean you have to.......means nothing to you people?

Normally I would agree with you, but we are talking about someone running for big government, you know, the same government that spies on its citizens, tortures people and starts unjust wars of choice.

I call it poetic justice. Maybe she will rethink the patriot act now?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

Next Anon. will be probably linked with a terrorist plot to bomb a landmark or somthing along those lines
Watch this space, this is the beginnng of a campaign to spread Anon. disonfo and slowly make them out to be terrorists or "cyber-terrorists"

already happened they were accused of

threatening to explode dirty bombs in or near sports stadiums

no explanation how a group of internet jokers were going to get uranium was given supprisingly

it was a fuax news special calling them all racists and terrorists and blaming them for pretty much everything that went bad in the world that week

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

This is a ploy by whatever forces in play to change the public opinion of Anon. as hackers who rampage over peoples personall information

You could be right, but this is going to happen regardless, and it won't be just anon. There is an elitist driven agenda of criminalization of the entire population, and that would be just one aspect of it. On the books I suspect every citizen in the western world is already a criminal, they just don't have enough law enforcement or prison space/furnaces, yet. Sociopathic madmen have hijacked society, and we can see their handywork everywhere.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I agree. I was thinking about this lately, as we see more and more about Anon in the public sphere. Next think you know, any harmless group of subversive individuals will be targeted as "terrorists."

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I wouldn’t be surprised if Scientology had a hand in trying to smear Anon’s intentions. They are bad at offense but good at defense.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
What people need to relise that Anon. is a group that does virtually no hacking off any kind,And any hacking that is done is used against scientoligy-Never anyone else ,They have the recources to open a full campaign of hacking , But they have not been called upon yet, And if they ever do you can expect to do something a little more outstanding than this , Hacking a yahoo/hotmail/google email account is piss easy if you know how to do it , And taking screen shots and leaving tabs open to 4chan and other sites? , Thats like sending a mail bomb to someone with your adress on the envelope , The point of anon. is that it is anonymous
There has always been speculation that it originated on the 4chan website, But never confirmed by Anon. themselves
And whatever guy who was "replying" saying that we are the good Anon. and re-issuing a new password..Well..thats so stupid on so many levels
Either the high ups wants Anon. finished or this is an attack by scientology
Hell probably both
People please dont believe this ,

Knowledge is free.

We are Legion,We do not forgive,We do not forget,
And we will not forget this
Expect us

[edit on 17-9-2008 by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
theres one e-mail that intrigued me. It was labeled too Ivy, the one with someone from anon stating they weren't part of the hacking process but rather got the password back so "no further damage could be done"

then signed "the good anonymous"

that is a little weird...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I'm not buying it. If I broke into your house you would be pissed off. You might even shoot me.

Yes government documents should be an open book. No, private emails should not. These were private email accounts, not .gov accounts.

See Blaine? Continuing our discussion from a previous thread, I have a VERY hard time believing you are a "moderate". You were quick to point out the moral wrong in hacking into emails, but failed completely to acknowledge that if true, it is equally wrong to conduct government business on a private email to intentionally hide it from view. Any evidence brought against both parties in this event should be used to prosecute or repremand anybody guilty of wrong doing, that means the hackers and Palin.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
When the government spies on the people, the people should spy on the government.

These hackers have over stepped their [legal] bounds, but in this case the ends may justify the means. At this point in time as much exposure for all big government candidates (and current politicians) is needed so we citizens can get things straight.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It is amazing how many people supposedly support privacy but turn around and support the invasion of privacy of someone that doesn't agree with them politically. I hope this issue goes mainstream because it will illustrate the sheer hypocrisy of the left.

Sarah Palin is not using yahoo as her official email service for government tasks. One would think that the government provides a much more secure emailing service, which they do.

Yahoo was being used for personal purposes. I use Yahoo for personal purposes because my business email gets audited. I am sure that many in the government do the same thing.

I also have to give Obama some credit for publicly denouncing the hack although I know that he usually relies on surrogates to get out the dirt.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with The race for the whitehouse
Anon. is neither democrat or republican
This is a bad attempt at making them look like cyber-terrorists who invade privacy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join