It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hack's Palin's Yahoo Email

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Thankyou very much.

Cheers...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I hope this isn't too off topic. But since it references a word used in this thread. I searched for noobs in a dictionary and didn't find it, but did find evidence that it relates to a shortened form of "newbie". The word "ain't" is definitely in some dictionaries, but I don't like to use that word. But, NOOBS, I like that.
Meanwhile I think this violation of the privacy of Palin's personal emails is not justified. And if it was also a case of Obama's, Biden's or McCain's (oh, yeah, he is unable to use email) personal email accounts being hacked I would say the same thing. I am not a strong believer in the end justifying the means. But of course, someone could come up with something I have not thought of yet that might make me change my mind, at least in a specific case.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Distractions4Nothing

On a side note, I find it really weird that somepeople are describing the hacker as some kind of fascist or authoritarian figure. That requires some really extreme mental contortions. And after all those backflips and spins you're landing upside down. Authoritarianism is practiced by authority figures and is a product of mass cowardice. This is more like a product of individual bravado. The exact opposite.

Hehe I was thinking this same thing. You know something the government looks at our personal emails all the damn time hell they listen to our phone calls and have us on camera too maybe it is time we start looking at their email and pointing the cameras right back

Power to the people.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05
I do believe she was warned MANY times about it .

Please provide your source for this statement. Just "believing" doesn't cut it here.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Hehe I was thinking this same thing. You know something the government looks at our personal emails all the damn time hell they listen to our phone calls and have us on camera too maybe it is time we start looking at their email and pointing the cameras right back

Power to the people.

Just because they do it to us, doesn't mean we should start doing it to each other.

Sure, it was stupid of Palin to use a Yahoo account for anything sensitive. And if someone had evidence that she was using it to avoid transparency in her public role, that should have been checked out. But this was her private email account, containing not only her communications but communications to her from people who may not seek the spotlight. Their privacy has in a way been invaded also.

Palin
Hacking private email

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Well good I hope if Palin gets elected she will look after personal liberties and get the government off our backs since she now knows what it feels like to have people on hers. Maybe this happened for a reason.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Dead wrong.

Um, you may want to read your article again since that was back in June that those types of e-mails were released and has nothing to do with this incident in any way whatsoever...........

There was a probe previously suggesting in June that Palin was using her personal accounts for business purposes.

The Washington Post here is being sly and combining two separate stories and trying to manipulate the public into thinking that these hackers uncovered evidence that Palin was using her account for government business. The real truth is that back in June there was the suspicion that Palin was using her personal e-mails in this way. The hackers uncovered nothing of interest. It is easy to see the motives in the Washington Post article if you read carefully.

I guess this could lead to a conspiracy that this was all staged and Palin was trying to find a way to get her personal accounts deleted.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Bugman82]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bugman82

My point is that it's already established that the Yahoo! account was used for official emails. Given that, this episode only exposes that fact to more public attention. And unfortunately, Wikileaks is down now, probably overloaded, so I can't verify your claim that the hacker exposed nothing of public interest. Either way, he certainly exposed how insecure her account was.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
DUDES! Holy Moly

Clinton gave missile secrets to China and smoked his cigars by moistening them in an interns love pocket, he had a trail of bodies through his career.

Bush Killed a Country and probably for no reason, and may have attacked America on 9-11 and gutted all our personal freedoms

Obama wants Compulsory service and to stick his nose up everyones arse and make us pay back the GW debt from our pockets... (psycho)

Palin... Used Yahoo and may have sent business e-mails from a private account... she tried to fire her Brother in Law because she didn't like him after he...stun gunned his own son

One and only one of these candidates is just a regular American who has flaws and will go in there and represent us...the rest are involved in some major corridor of power bs and none of it is in our interest

I am sure this Lady is intended to be aPatsy and get McCain elected OR the guy turned his back on the Neo Cons and put someone in who wouldn't get him killed to take the spot

The lady is... Human, real... not part of the game, She should be allowed to fire the guy if he's a yuts and she is governor and Everyone who has used Yahoo Knows it sucks from making the same mistake...

How do you people even worry about her indiscretions when...everyone else is bought and sold by foreign interests, bankers, globalists or drug cartels respectively?

What's next? She misapropriated paper clips?

Used the handicaped toilet while on the city council?

Maybe she once Killed a Moose?

or perhaps she would bring home the extra toilet paper from a city building?

What? What's next?

Maybe she used her Govt charge card to buy her daughter the pregnancy test.

These freaks we have in office are muderers, bought and sold by foreign entities, possibly cultists, accused of ritual satanic child abuse, presiding over the economic colapse of a nation while sipping Mojitos by the pool....

and your worried about the Bible Moms use of her e-mail?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hahaha. It only took one day?

I was on the "anonymous" site the day before and read a thread where someone suggested hacking her email account and a few other people agreed to try.

That's too funny.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
All I can say is ,

OH MY GOD,

I cannot believe how many different spinning scenarios have been already put on this hacking incident,

blame the victim mentality,

As I was watching this story unfold on TV, I already knew what people would say, and how they would spin it, you did not let me down.

Good grief have a heart,

[edit on 113030p://bWednesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
On one hand, conducting official business on yahoo is not very responsible but we really don't know if any high profile official state business information was sent.

On the other hand, the fact that she is using yahoo shows she has nothing to hide.
At this point the only folks that should be upset are the folks from Alaska.

Now there are reports that some left wing site published Palin's daughter cell phone number.
This is so wrong on many counts.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What is this government business I keep hearing about? Political friends wishing her the best and offering their blessings ect, is govenment business? So she used her personal email account for personal emails. Oh the humanity. Jebus, this says so much more about the people that would crucify her for this than it says about her. As the email said, don't let this BS get you down Sarah, keep on truckin. And even if she did make some casual business small talk, doesn't meen she was being sneaky or anything.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Wow. Now its ok to hack into people's email to get dirt on them. Coverup? Yeah right. More like trying to prevent a leak of someone's privacy. This goes to show that if you are not on the side of the Left, they can do whatever they want to you.

Just because you can doesn't mean you have to.......means nothing to you people?

It's got nothing to do with the right or the left. Nor the media. It's got everything to do with the lulz. Sarah was using private emails to conduct buisness and thus avoid government oversight. This is an underhanded tactic to avoid potential FOIA releases, because FOIA doesn't cover personal documents IIRC. Anon probably thought that it would cause a lot of political drama. However, as I understand it, shortly after the hacking the password got out and another anon changed the password and locked the account before anything potentially incriminating or embarrassing could be gained.

To all the Anons:

May you be caught soon and prosecuted. Get a job. Get a life.

lulz.

Also, I've heard a rumor there is more to the_incident that hasn't been released yet. Probably just trolling, but you never know. Might wanna keep an eye on the torrent sites.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

On a side note, I find it really weird that somepeople are describing the hacker as some kind of fascist or authoritarian figure. That requires some really extreme mental contortions. And after all those backflips and spins you're landing upside down. Authoritarianism is practiced by authority figures and is a product of mass cowardice. This is more like a product of individual bravado. The exact opposite.

The only thing that hackers have in common is figuring things out and taking advantage of that talent.

Other than that, they can have all sorts of personalities. I bet the hackers that work for the Chinese government aren't a bunch of free loving people. I bet the hackers in the CIA aren't worried too much about privacy.

Hackers aren't just some loners in the basement trying to figure out how to knock out the establishment for the cause of truth and justice. They can work for anyone.

As for this incident...

As I said before, Sarah Palin probably has some official government account on a VPN or something where she conducts almost all her official email business.

I am sure that if yahoo was being used for official purposes, there would be A TON OF government correspondence. There would be so many different messages and replies to so many people that it would probably overload Yahoo or at least affect its reliability.

This hack is a blatant attack on Palin's privacy. Come on, I know that people want transparency in those that run for government, but it seems that nothing is off limits, might as well start trying to find out Palin's bra-size or tampon brand.

Personal pictures?

Personal advice?

Phone numbers?

It will be interesting once the people behind it get caught and start making deals to lessen their punishment.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

So we have potentially incriminating things that havn't been seen. We have a mess of assumptions and what ifs. All we really have as far as substance is nothing but personal emails, show me the incriminating emails. Yikes, you chumps are diving head first in to this thing like she did something horrible, yet she hasn't....as far as we know.....ooooohhhhhh. As some have said, this has failed to make her look bad and it has only furthered in making her look like a victim, which ofcourse she is in this case. Which email is it you would like to see her slammed for? The fellow politician using a public email to fly under the radar telling her to pray? Got to go through the proper channels for that kind of stuff huh?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It's likely someone she knows personally because they nabbed the password from cookies stored locally on her PC, they didn't crack the password. So they knew her IP and used whatever exploit they did to gain access, not something you can guess or just find out. Or maybe she connected to an insecure wifi AP and someone noticed.

I think the point here is that this woman is a security risk. Yahoo email for a government job? Uh, what? Seriously?

If she worked for me, she'd be fired, without discussion or review; that's unacceptable.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Anonymous is completely focused on the destruction of Scientology. I'm willing to bet that this was done by a good hacker from the Church of Scientology just to deflect attention back on what is now their most powerful enemy. This just doesn't seem to be Anonymous' style at all.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ANoNyMiKE

WTH are you crazy? Why are you being so sheepish? She was not using her yahoo email for her government job, she has one for that. Jebus, what are you people smoking? Are you seriously going off the assumptions that some people have made? What govenment business was she using it for? It's like it's so easy to just say whatever and people will just believe. Do you even have any idea what you are referring to? Or just assuming she did something horrible? Do you read the National Enquirer and go OHHH NOOOO WAY, NO SHE DID'IN and take it as truth.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg

Silly woman.

Why did the woman cross the road?

Who cares what hell is she doing out of the kitchen anyway?!?!?!

I'm not a misogynist or anything, just thought it was kind of a silly joke lol.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by thehumbleone]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join