It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going veggie shrinks the brain

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

LOL what the hell you doing!?

This is confusing.

Oh man this is comedy now. Anyone feeling light-headed?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues

I would never alter anybody else's posts and even thought you were doing it as a joke.

Even thought? Yes, I still AM joking my friend. This thread is about a minute away from the slaughterhouse.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

Originally posted by Cythraul

Originally posted by NightVision
Vegitarian Brain shrinkage has now been proven on this board.

Oh has it now?

Get over yourself. There are dumb vegans, dumb vegetarians, and dumb meat-eaters.

Looks like Cythraul picked up on your mistake right after you posted as well. Even after your first "edit" you didn't seem to pick up on your own misspelling after criticizing somebody else's.

To you, I guess there is a fine line between "intelgent" and "vegitarian."

You know? "Spell it like it sounds" isnt just a vegetarian thing.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
i also agree that this is entirely bogus! first of all, meat is horrible for our brain, and i've heard that it lowers our "energy levels" - like it makes our brain frequencies lower or something? ...maybe someone here knows what i'm talking about and can elaborate...

also, the study was done by Oxford University... last i checked, that was a masonic institution, right?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

Honestly, I'm embarrassed for you.

The coolest thing I thought about the person who you went after about spelling didn't try and cover their tracks, where as you pulled out accusations, now you're coinciding with my thought about it being a joke, the whole nine. I guess this is now an issue of character and integrity than it is intelligence.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

If you are going to argue soy, think again. Soy is highly damaging to your thyroid in high doses, and high doses mimic the effects of estrogen. So where, in your views, does the protein in a vegetarian diet come from? Beans?

"High doses". That's rather ambigious.

Where in my views? lol. It comes from the food I eat.

www.nutritiondata.com...

Protein is found in eggs if you're ovo-veggie. Milk if you're not vegan. Almond milk if you are!

Penut butter? Cashew butter? Mmmm. Mac and cheese. Cheese. Those wholegrain cereals. Yoghurt. Potatoes. Oatmeal. Bagels. Broccoli. Brown rice. Veggie chili. Lentil soup. Veggie burgers. Veggie dogs. Yeah all the nuts and seeds.

Soo many more vegetables I could list. Protein is in fruit too
I could list some fruit if you'd like.

Also, there are vegetarian/vegan friendly protein shakes. I drink one after a workout

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

...i was hoping we could drop this and get back on topic. Here's a veggi-hug. It'll all be alright.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Small Brains !!

Ghandi , Buddha , Krsna , Confucius , Kafka , Tolstoy , Shelly , Plato etc etc

Leonardo Da Vinci

As long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seeds of murder and pain cannot reap the joy of love.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionIntrusion
Small Brains !!

Ghandi , Buddha , Krsna , Confucius , Kafka , Tolstoy , Shelly , Plato etc etc

Leonardo Da Vinci

As long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seeds of murder and pain cannot reap the joy of love.

What about chicken, can I murder chicken or not?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionIntrusion

Thank you for pointing this out...speaks for itself.

Tolstoy was vegetarian? I didn't know that! I should have guessed though...my favourite author....

Cait

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
Looks like Cythraul picked up on your mistake right after you posted as well.

Thanks for noticing

Again, I must ask: Why are the vegans constantly being accused of preaching, arrogance and notions of superiority? All I see is jabs, insults and arrogance from the anti-vegans. Respect my choice and I'll respect yours.

And please, leave out the vegans-are-physically-weak nonsense. I'm 5'11", 200lbs of muscle. I'm not claiming to bigger, better, or smarter than anyone, but I won't be told I'm lacking.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Let it go man. The dude incorrectly spelled 'intelligent'. I apparently spelled "Vegitarian" now. He painted a target on himself. One guy cracks and you get all insecure. No one's disrespecting your views. You want a hug or something man?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionIntrusion

Don't forget about that Einstein fella.

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
- Albert Einstein

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

I agree. Us "environmentalist whackos" are lucky to be alive.

We don't get any of the nutrition we need, and people are concerned.

I can't bear to think what I will become if I continue on this path!

My world has been now turned upside down by these scientific studies. This past two years of my life has been a lie!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
DFB....completely off topic, but that is a very sweet tattoo...

Ok, gotta say something veggie, quick....

I've been vegetarian or vegan for more than 20 years, and I have more physical energy and stamina than almost anyone I know...ok, so I'm a little on the....ok, honestly, fat....side, but incredibly healthy, and don't look or act my age...and let me tell ya....there is NOTHING wrong with my brain function, and I'm afraid I will have to keep my IQ score a secret, in case I'm accused of being superior....*grin!*

I totally put it down to fabulous diet, no drink, no cigarettes, no drugs....and lots of moisturiser.

I would encourage everone to at least TRY it for a while, do their homework and see the difference it can make to you. Spiritually and ethically, it's the cleanest way to live, like Einstein said, and could have effects way beyond the individual.

Cait

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Uh, Deadflag, are you just showing off your cool skull tattoo?!

I can now see a We want Deadflag thread opening up on BTS by some lusty forum member.

On topic, the study is bunk, too limited and as hackneyed as they come. This study proves nothing as apparently everything is unhealthy for you anyway. Is it healthier to eat chicken that is so full of hormones that it makes your balls feel funny?

Screw it. Doesn't matter anyway. We're all just choosing ways to die.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I have been trying a raw-vegan diet lately, which means a lot more 'cooking' or time spent in the kitchen for me, but I can't believe the amount of energy it has given me. Not to mention I feel a lot more light-weighted...which of course is probably due some weight loss. Anyway, I'm enjoying raw-veganism more than simply being a vegetarian. Of course we can't deny the importance of exercise, not matter what our diet is.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
That is a sick tattoo Deadflag

Well...here is one for the veggie-showcase lol:

That was taken right before I left for a martial arts tournament.

Power to the spinach!

[edit on 15-9-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
'Originally posted by lee anoma

Yeast extracts are one of the few vegetarian foods which provide good levels of the vitamin.

As long as you drink beer, you'll be fine'

I agree .. but it must be unpasteurized and preferably unfiltered, which most of the commercial brews are.. go with a home brew or a good micro and get your daily does of b12 and some very good protein.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join