It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are your dogs acting weird?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

hmmm...Does he look weird to you? I am not sure...

[edit on 11/9/08 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Everything is normal with my 2.5 year old lab. She's orbiting like usual but the turkeys should be getting nervous soon!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Everything else unusual lately has been blamed on CERN starting up. LOL.

Nonetheless, I'm a small animal vet and my observation is that every September the animals esp. cats are "stressed". Maybe its the weather changes or the shortening of the days but animals do strange things.

This morning I had a clinic full of dogs and cats. All of the cats were "grumpy" and difficult. My technician thought it was "one of those days".

Animals can hear so much better than we can so we often can't know what sets them off. My Jack Russel was spooked the other morning and I didn't know why till finally heard a coyote howling way off in the distance.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
My cat has been nipping me lately,she usually only does it after she's been scolded sort of a vendetta thing but today she has been nipping my ankles for no reason what so ever.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Yes, my bulldog has been for few months now. She is hearing something that we can't hear, like those whistles they have that only dogs (or animals ?) can hear. It is something in the sky at night and it scares her so much she trembles. She doesn't ever tremble but whatever it is out there at night, it freaks her out.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Randall Flagg

Is your cat a dog?
I know, you just didn't want your pet left out.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Animals are animals man,for all I know she is a dog trapped in a cat's body.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Randall Flagg

My friend has a cat that was "raised" by a couple of dogs. He really does think he's a dog. Loves other dogs, hangs out with them. Hates cats.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
My dog has been acting normal as well. Although, she is 13 and really can't hear very well any more.

My rat has been acting like her self too.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Your dogs are acting weird, so you somehow come to the conclusion that everyone else's dogs are also acting weird? Let me guess, you think they can "feel" some sort of impending doom? lol.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I saw a loose rottweiler on the street today and a poodle laying down while the owner dragged it, there seemed to be no friction.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I don't own a dog but I am surrounded by them in my neighbor hood.Two nights ago at aprox. 10pm they all started barking and some howling for about 10 minutes then they all stopped at the same time suddenly. I thought that was very strange. I notice you are in NY. I am in MD....I hope something isn't a brewing on the East Coast.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishneedh2o
My dog has been acting normal as well. Although, she is 13 and really can't hear very well any more.

My rat has been acting like her self too.
yes!! I finally found another rattie lover!! I have two girls Tink and Lily.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Looks VERY weird to me.
ARE YOU MAD DOGGIN' ME?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
my male cat is acting normal

my female cat is running around chasing things no one else can see, generally freaking out... oh wait,,, thats normal for her too.

nope all normal here

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
My German Shepherd - Retriever mix has started doing noble looking poses in scenic settings.

Weird huh?

He’s also taken to fetching sticks and then looking at me mockingly as if to say, ‘it’s my stick now bitch!’

Seriously,
After eight years the only time he’s surprised me with his behavior is last spring when a tornadic cell passed close by. He started yipping and pawing at me, and then wanted outside, but he didn’t know where to go when I let him out. I guessed what was up and so decided to use the opportunity to train him to take cover in a storm. I crawled in the hamper and called him to crawl up in my lap. It was crowed, but would have worked in a pinch. Hopefully he’ll remember if necessary.

reply to post by kdial1

Sounds like a localized thing to me. If you're in the country there may have been a large animal around, a bear, cougar or pack of coyotes. If you're in the city there might have been an animal being abused badly, which the dogs could have picked up on.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I asked my dog if she was feeling ok..

she looked at me and said.. WHY... What Have You Heard!..

[edit on 9/11/2008 by KATSUO]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I walked in on my two cats talking to a man named "Sergei" in Russian...it was an extremely awkward situation and he jumped out the window and dissappeared. The next day I found three large crates sitting in my backyard full of AK-47's. Both my cats seem evil as usual while my puppies are well....being puppies.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
My German Shepherd - Retriever mix has started doing noble looking poses in scenic settings.

Weird huh?

He’s also taken to fetching sticks and then looking at me mockingly as if to say, ‘it’s my stick now bitch!’

Seriously,
After eight years the only time he’s surprised me with his behavior is last spring when a tornadic cell passed close by. He started yipping and pawing at me, and then wanted outside, but he didn’t know where to go when I let him out. I guessed what was up and so decided to use the opportunity to train him to take cover in a storm. I crawled in the hamper and called him to crawl up in my lap. It was crowed, but would have worked in a pinch. Hopefully he’ll remember if necessary.

reply to post by kdial1

Sounds like a localized thing to me. If you're in the country there may have been a large animal around, a bear, cougar or pack of coyotes. If you're in the city there might have been an animal being abused badly, which the dogs could have picked up on.
I like your dog. He's pretty cool looking. I like his poses too.
That's pretty smart taking your dog to a "hamper den".
I used to live in Austin, those storms can be pretty scary.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

With increased and increasing earthquake and volcanic activty I am not suprised to hear of your pets acting strange. You don't neccessarily have to live near a fault line for it to affect them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join