It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are your dogs acting weird?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nastalgik

Are you saying your cats were talking, or was Sergie talking to the cats?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Okay. I'll admit it. My previous post was exaggerating a little bit.

My dog doesn't really "fly".

She really just hovers about a foot off the ground and it happens a lot. Here's more proof.

Remember the cartoon The Jetsons? Yeah? Remember the flying cars they had? Remember the noise it made?

Sallie makes that noise when she hovers around the park. Kinda cool.

Cuhail

[EDIT] Other than that, she's acting "Normal" lately. No change.

[edit on 9/12/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
We have two dogs. And yes, our big, baddie..is afraid of the outdoors at times. Started in the middle of summer, around the end of June. When I'd let him out he'd look up at the sky, put his ears back and then he'd want back in. A few times a heard a low hum. We live in the country, not near anything, and it's generally very quiet.
Now it's gotten so bad that at night he won't go out unless you go with him. No sounds, nothing unusual that I find, but he seems to "sense" something, and he's always been very smart...and agressive.
He sits in the living room looking out the window at night, and gets to the point where he hides behind a large chair in the room.

He's eating well, seems to be his old self at times...he's five now, and as far as I can tell, nothing here has changed...except him. The smaller dog picks up on him, and then starts acting like him. Several times now if I try to take him outside through the garage, he'll stop about halfway, and then go back to the door to be let in without going out.
Strange behavior for him.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Dogs and cats (and probably many other animals) can pick up on our moods and thoughts. If someone is paranoid and jumpy I think that might be enough in itself to make dogs jumpy. If a dog owner is always looking out the window for aliens the dog may perceive that there are intruders outside and be on alert. Animals don't need to know about potential asteroid strikes or super volcanoes or even getting their favorite kibble should disaster occur. The compassionate pet owner might want to keep positive and loving thoughts in their head although our animals tend to have that affect on us as it is. They seem to have sensitivities that we have forgotten.

I have always thought that our relationships with animals would be very helpful in preparing us for relationships with other worldly creatures.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
kdial1: What type of area surrounds your home (in terms of any nearby woods)? If there are woods nearby, maybe a predator like a coyote might have been around, causing your and your neighbors' dogs to get uptight.

I have some large acreage behind my home, and occasionally a few deer or coyotes will be nearby. My two pups will sense these 'wild intruders' and start getting antsy...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I don't have a dog however when i walk past a dog i look in to its eyes, they always stop and dragg there owner towards me, they seem to want to attack me or frustraed to scared of me, i do look at them immedating though maybe thats the reason.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
oh man
i was petting my roomeates cat one night in the living room, late at night, tv wasnt on, or anything, i was the only one home... so it was really quiet, i was relaxed, just chillin.. cat was like purring and all quiet and such.. then suddenly, out of NOWHERE, he JUMPS up, stares at the middle of the room, jumps on the floor, avoids the center, while staring at it and runs away scared #less to his room.... i sat there like ummm okay. it was like he was staring at something in the middle of the room that i couldn't see.

now the thing is, ive always thought i'd be seeing some weird stuff at this place since like, 2 months before i moved in, this guy frank who lived upstairs died in a car accident, he was my landlords business partner.

and my roommates girlfriend has come up to me before kind of worried like.. "hey... is wayne home? cause i hear somone walking upstairs..."
i just smile im like hahaha its probably frank! and of course she thinks im kidding

but man, this one time i went upstairs there because it's like an attic converted into a living area (where wayne lives), and theres windows on the roof and i was using it to look at the stars. well i was holding skelly (the cat) and then i turned around to look at one of the 2 beds that was up there, and instantly, that feeling you get when you know something else is in the room.. was staring at me from that bed. it scared the # out of me at that point but now i'd probably go up to check it out see if i can communicate with him or something.
but .. its not just a feeling i thought i had... i KNEW something was there. i could feel, it, i could sense it.

at one point we had mice, and they used to make their way into my room at night, and i had no idea they were doing this.. until one night, i was trying to fall asleep.. andi just got that feeling.. you can just SENSE smoething else is there.. so suddenly i got like wide awake, im like, i KNOW theres something here... i look over by my computer and see a mouse scurry across the wall through the light coming off my computer. and it wasnt like it made a squeaking sound or anything.. its sort of like if somone has the tv on downstairs you can hear that very very high pitched ringing, but only barely.. its kind of that sort of feeling.
i ended up chasing it around, finally killing it because i figured itt was going to get away, and just come back again. but the thing was, when i killed it, it let out a scream, and it was as if i knew exactly what that mouse was saying as i killed him, like "holy # whats your problem, you're killing me over FOOD?".

i was never a strong believer in 'paranormal' or telepathy before,but when you sit down and think of all the wierd unexplainable stuff that's happened to you over the years, it really starts to fit together and make sense.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

My dogs are chillin, and rough housing like usual, shepherd wont ever give up her toys and my pit is stuck to my side at all times like superglue

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
My dogs are acting completely normal.

One just barfed on the TV room carpet about 10 minutes ago, but other than that everythings fine over here.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Yeah something is strange, My cat and dog are actually getting along,lol

[edit on 12-9-2008 by amatrine]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
My mom called me today to tell me that Ringo the dog was absolutely going out of his mind last night- she had to get up with him at about 2am and comfort him, after a while he went back to sleep and so did she.

I wonder. He's never done that. The hurricane, maybe?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by deathpoet69

On a side note your not supposed to stare down a dog you dont know, your percieved as a threat, dogs use eye contact as a means to communicate and intimidate one another when trying to see who is dominant, if your looking aggressivley your going to be met with aggression.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
my brother's dog been acting quite strangely. Every night when he is going to sleep she stays outside just sitting and looking up
. When somebody calls her, she comes for a min or so, and goes back. This happens only at nights, once we looked at her ( Lulu ) for like 2-3h , but nothing, she just sit there, few times walked around that spot, but even then, constantly looking up.

Does anyone else having that kind of weird acting ?

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Lightunseen]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
My dog has been acting like his normal self...though the squirrels have been driving him nuts.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
OP, I believe you are onto something! I love seeing people who don't fully understand dogs, see them act of out line and automatically come to the conclusion that there is a possible conspiracy causing animals to act strange.

STRANGE.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I've noticed that when I am nervous or burdened about something, even when I feel sick, my Great Dane gets anxious and won't leave my side. Since you live in New York, it's the anniversary of 9/11...could be he picking up some vibes and is getting anxious.

Or he could have gotten into the Adarol...or there is a change in the weather...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
My dogs are weird, but, acting no more weird than usual

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
My pets don't seem agitated but there is research in the field of animals being sensitive to earthquakes due to their sensitive hearing. Additionally with the large increase of tropical storms perhaps the dogs/animals are sensing this pressure differential as well.
This also reminds me of the stories of the elephants taking off prior to the sunami striking. They actually snapped their chains indicative of their desperation to get out of harms way.
My dogs also sense the spirits around our house. In fact we had a friends dog stay with us who followed something around our house the during her entire visit. Our dogs look in the same areas and I will have to try the pendulum trick as well.

Here is a neat article from rense.com from a few years ago on the topic.

90,000 Chinese Saved By
Lone Animal Quake Prediction
1-1-5

Animals have a great sense of knowing things before they happen. House pets seem to know that their owner will be coming home, even before they arrive. They don?t receive any physical signals, but they still wait by the door or window to wait for their owner. Homing pigeons also use this ability although it is not fully understood. Many pet owners say that they have some sort of psychic bond or telepathic link with their pets. Some pets even act strangely before an earthquake hits.

David Jay Brown, a graduate student was in a university laboratory with three calm rabbits. Suddenly, they became noticeably agitated. They were hopping around in their cages wildly for five minutes, and then a 5.2 earthquake hit the school!

In China on February 4, 1975, the people of Haicheng were successfully evacuated right before a 7.3 magnitude earthquake hit the school! The decision to evacuate the city was taken primarily because of the strange behavior of animals. Most of the city was destroyed but all of the people in the city were evacuated before the earthquake. Almost 90,000 lives were saved.

James Berkalnd, a California geologist, says that he can predict an earthquake just by counting missing pet ads in the newspaper and correlating this relationship to lunar-tide cycles. He claims to have 75% accuracy using this method. James has been saving and counting missing pet ads for many years. He says that when the number of missing pet ads goes up, there is probably going to be an earthquake.

Although the majority of accounts pertain to cats and dogs, there are also many stories about other animals acting this way, like horses, cows, deer and other animals. The times that this usually happens is a couple weeks before and a few moments before an earthquake.

Marsha Adams, an independent earthquake researcher in San Francisco, claims that she has created sensors that can pick up low-frequency electromagnetic signals which allow her to predict earthquakes with over 90% accuracy. She suspects that low-frequency electromagnetic signals created by the fracturing of crystalline rock deep inside the earth along fault lines, are "biologically active", and that her instruments are picking up the same signals that sensitive animals do. She says that because of her new invention, it makes unusual animal behavior obsolete.

Some people say that they feel an uncomfortable pressure in their head or a persistent headache that lasts for weeks, which suddenly vanishes right before an earthquake. Magnetite has been found in some animal brains, so Berkland thinks that it? is possible that animals may be reacting to their own headaches caused by changes in the earth's electromagnetic field. He said that he saw a dog chewing on willow bark, from which aspirin was derived, before an earthquake, and he believes that the dog was attempting to self-medicate himself for the headache.

So, if your pet starts acting very agitated, you may be in for some earth-shaking activity!

library.thinkquest.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Txhunter67
kdial1: What type of area surrounds your home (in terms of any nearby woods)? If there are woods nearby, maybe a predator like a coyote might have been around, causing your and your neighbors' dogs to get uptight.

I have some large acreage behind my home, and occasionally a few deer or coyotes will be nearby. My two pups will sense these 'wild intruders' and start getting antsy...

I live right on the edge of a 360 Acre forest preserve here in Buffalo. I have been outside when the coyotes start yipping at night and yes the dogs go crazy. But the other night I did not hear any coyotes. Maybe my dog could hear what I couldn't. We have deer, turkeys, Fox's, coyotes and Raccoons from what I have seen in my backyard. Also My dog is not neutered, so maybe he was getting a whiff of some dog in heat........He is a beagle and they look with their noses not their eyes.

Anyways, my dog seemed alright last night, being lazy like his normal self.

However he also likes to chase fish.......

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Check out this canine behavior! Big Ben!

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join