It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are your dogs acting weird?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Maybe they were sensing an earthquake.

"Countless pet owners claimed to have witnessed their cats and dogs acting strangely before the ground shook—barking or whining for no apparent reason, or showing signs of nervousness and restlessness."

link

Here is another link

I also read that animals in Indonesia went to high grounds before the tsunami got there.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Watch out below!
"Seek and ye shall find"
Only nature can save us.
Nature is created by our Creator and therefor holds the key to our salvation.
When man tinkers with with the 'substance' of life, he crosses into an unknown realm of possibilities and ends.

To protect yourself and/or provide yourself with an early warning device from the scheme below use nature itself.
Put bird feeders in your yard. Attract a recurring population of birds. When the birds fail to arrive, when silence is omniscent, avoid exposure to the outdoors till the birds return. This is the most effective means of an early warning device.
Ask yourself, who is innoculated from what you are to witness below and who is not?

www.youtube.com...

Peace Brethren.

[edit on 9/12/2008 by oceanaut1]

[edit on 9/12/2008 by oceanaut1]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The dogs in my neighborhood have been acting up more than normal, with more out of control barking ...

But I think its because of the skunks that are now in the area.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm on a ranch in north San Diego County, where everything fried last October, 'member? Well, we have five females, and one lucky stud, and usually puppies. Dogs tend to act differently when they are either in heat, or a male who can smell a female in heat. Kind of like people, that way, yes?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

DO NOT REMOVE MOD EDITS

[edit on 9/14/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

DO NOT REMOVE MOD EDITS

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

DO NOT REMOVE MOD EDITS

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

DO NOT REMOVE MOD EDITS

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

DO NOT REMOVE MOD EDITS

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
There is a hurricane coming in now and the dogs feel great! They are buzzing the yard, spinning, and jumping. I wish I felt like they do! The cat is sitting in the garage, on the lawn mower seat, hunkered down, watching the wind.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wolfmother

That is exactly what my dog has been doing for several months. I am almost sure that those "big-star-like things" wandering around in the sky at night are bothering her. She can hear it. Sometimes I hear high pitched noises a lot at night and she hides behind a chair with her ears back also!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have one of those Datsuns, the dog that looks like a hotdog, except he has no legs. I named him Cigarette. Every night I take him out for a drag.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Mine are actually roughhousing a lot and it sounds pretty serious.

The winner:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
BH those are great pixs. I liked the cigarette joke too....I fell for it , I was thinking how does he get around with no legs....

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Completely normal behaviour with my dogs.

The roughhousing doesn't last as long nowadays since my Yellow Lab is aging and his legs are giving out

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I *love* those pictures...! My boy would be in the middle of that, for sure...I particualrly like the last one where one is sitting across the other...priceless!

I can't say mine is any more weird than usual just now, apart from eating every damn thing he can get his gob on, but he's suddenly in REALLY good shape...he was anyway, and never ill or anything like that, but in the last week, he's become really fluffy and glossy, and all his little skin problems have cleared up (he has a grass allergy that makes him get itchy hot spots) and he's so full of beans I can barely keep up with him. He's got his sweet smell back again...he smells like honey, and he lost that for a bit...now he's back to his old self.

Weird...

Cait

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by oceanaut1

Ask yourself, who is innoculated from what you are to witness below and who is not?

1. Who could be innoculated from that?

2. What type of innoculation would prevent an outside source from attacking someone weaker?

Also, my dog was sniffing the air again. Could be a storm coming, but, still a ways off. If it were a UFO she would growl at it. If it were danger she would pull me toward the door.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by Siren]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
My Suzia has been acting strange since yesterday... kind of outta breath... nervous... doesn't want to be in her crate at night (which has never been a problem before)... She hardly slept at all last night... She's finally sleeping now...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
My cats are same old.
aAthough my grandparents were telling me about their puppy Tiger the other day.
In one incident there was a snake in the backyard and he was literally going beserk, while my grandparents remained completely non-plussed by his behaviour.
In another, there was a person at my aunty's house (directly nextdoor) whilst my aunty was actually at my grandparents house at the time. Tiger was running between the two houses barking his head off to try and alert somebody of the stranger that was at the house.
Smart dog. And he's just a puppy.

It's possible your dog was responding to something similar.
They're definitely more attuned to "things" than we seem to be.
Maybe something really spooked him??

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join