It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 little known facts about America

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
We always have to pay property tax. That's the 1st thing that made me realize that WE ARE SLAVES! Even the millionaires aren't exempt.

Everyday I awake I feel sad deep down because I know we aren't free. It's just like that movie "The Matrix", a big Freaking Lie.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The video got removed before I got a chance to see it
. Video for me pls?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voxel

Hey, thanks for that link! I need to read more of these CFRs. I was going over the one in the link you provided and something really stood out as exceedingly strange:

(2) Birth registration document. SSA may enter into an agreement with officials of a State, including, for this purpose, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and New York City, to establish..

They mention officials of each State then explicitly enumerate the territories and Washington D.C. because they are not States. The document lists no other American city other than D.C. which we all know is not under any state's jurisdiction. Doesn't that wording imply that New York City is not part of New York state?

Jon

This is just a guess, but I read it as implying that NYC has entered into such an agreement with the SSA, but the rest of New York State has not.

Looking into these claims is pretty eye-opening. On the one hand, most of them are patently false (based on out-of-context statements, law arguments rather than decisions, unfounded allegations). On the other hand, I'm becoming appalled at how frequently Executive Orders have been issued in the current administration as compared to previous administrations.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

The quoted text just describes the way that the SSA (social security administration) should operate. The document is simply stating the ability of the SSA to make agreements with the listed entities. The question is, "Why, in the view of the SSA, does NYC count as a separate legal entity from the State of New York itself?"

On discussing this with my father, he brought up the point that NYC used to be the national capital at one time. I never considered that having "capital" status could have conferred some sort of privilege or changed the way the federal government views NYC sovereignty.

Jon

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voxel
reply to post by americandingbat

The question is, "Why, in the view of the SSA, does NYC count as a separate legal entity from the State of New York itself?"
Jon

I don't think that New York briefly being the capital would factor in, since neither New York City nor the Social Security Administration existed at that time.

There are some things that NYC handles separately from the rest of the state. For instance, you can get a copy of a marriage license issued anywhere in New York State except the five boroughs of NYC from the New York State Department of Health. For licenses issued in NYC you go to the New York City Marriage Bureau.

It seems reasonable that births / social security number applications would be one of those things.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
fact is known to be 100% true..

One wrong answer, RCPO.

There is no such thing as absolute proof, all "fact" is subjective, in that it is subject to acceptance or rejection based on personal evaluation.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Geez......what is wrong with you people - these so called 'facts' are a nice manipulation - he even added a couple of true ones like yes, the UN and IMF were created post-war to try and help get the world back on track....he has taken a few historical facts and warped them.....

Seriously guys, you need to get a life - these crazy conspiracy theories dont do anyone any good (though they can be funny....) - what next? This is a alll a Jewish conspiracy???? Hitler is still alive and living with Elvis on Mars???? You need a girlfriend/boyfriend or some other form of help.....the world is mostly what you see - dull as that might sound.....

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
Funny, I don't feel like a slave. Last time I checked, I can decide to stop working any time I want. I'm free to choose to do whatever I want for a living, as long as I have the skills. Nobody beats me or tries to sell me or anything like that if I stop working.

All true, but your using the word slave as you have been taught it, times change, and manipulation changes with it. You can decide to stop working, but you will have no money. you can't get a house, without a job, or should I say, without money. You can't get food, decent healthcare or any other 'life necesities'.

And of course, I receive a paycheck for my services. And maybe some people will tell me, "It's fake money, issued from thin air and borrowed from China!" And yet, I can take that money into a store and get whatever I want with it. I can buy clothing with it, food, electronics, toys, or anything else on the shelves.

You will recieve a pay cheque, in which your government has already taken a hearty slice known as 'tax', even before your utilities, in which they also get a slice. You can take your remainding money and go to the store, and buy your groceries and your Tv's etc, but the government gets a slice
. Not to mention, this only works, as long as the current system is in place, nice little safe guard I thought.

(I'm skipping the notion that money is a concept, and that they invent it to give it to you...then tax you on it, I think we get that point.)

I can even buy property with that money. And according to this source, I can't "own property." Oddly enough, if I buy that property than at any point I can call the police and have them come and arrest anyone on my property for trespassing. Yet those same police aren't here to help me?

You can buy that property, but in most cases, to do so, you will have to take out a substantial mortgage, in which you will end up paying back as much as 3 times what you borrowed in some cases, even if you consider the banks a seperate 'entity' than the government, it's still IMO, a form of enslavement/control. If you are listed as a 'tenant' of the property, the government can take back that property at anytime, because they don't, doesn't mean they can't.

Frankly, if I had the nerve to call myself a "slave" - or for anyone else to call me or 99.999999999 percent of the people in the U.S. a "slave" - it would be an insult and a disservice to anyone who ever actually was one.

Even if all this was wrong, it was someone trying to help other people, and show what they believed to be corruption within you government, aswell as the world, they are only trying to help.

And on a final note, screw the Pope. He can sit in his big castle and claim to own the whole world through "conquest" all he wants, but that doesn't make it true. Pretty much every religious leader makes the exact same claim. Just because a bunch of white Europeans recognized the "rules of conquest" 300 years ago doesn't mean they still really apply.

I don't think it's the pope, I doubt he's even in on it, although I may be wrong, He's a figure head, a distraction. The Vatican, is a powerful state/organization but it is again, a means to control, the power, I believe, would lay within the financial or military states, or perhaps a body governing all of them, MAJESTIC? who knows, shooting the breeze here.

Oh, and there was a guy who claimed ownership of the moon awhile back too. He actually sold some of the moon property. All of his acts were technically backed by international law, but I'm sure nobody's really going to recognize it.

Until we are offcialy and efficiently travelling to the moon, then all kinds of law suits will be going off...or not

These are my perceptions, from what I have read/researched, chances are I'm wrong, but how wrong is unknown.

EMM

P.s MdntDstroyer(sp?) money talks, if there was some sort of dossier, with all of this information in, and how to apply it, in cases needed, people would lap this up. It could be a way to get people to realise what may be going on, whilst appealing to what they want, more money.

You have shown some compelling research, which is why I am addresing you.

Edit:

Originally posted by nunya13

"I think the point of this is that when IT hits the fan all these things that have been set into place will come into full effect.

It's like when you are setting up a domino effect. You have to be oh so careful not to knock one down before your finished setting them all up or it's not going to work out how you want it and you'll have to start it all over agian.

However, after all the dominos are properly in place it is only then that you can knock them all down to get the full effect. "

Exactly, I was even thinking of the same metaphor lol, V for Vendetta?

[edit on 5-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
i'm in school right now and for some reason can't log on but
i know some other interesting videos that you should watch

The Esoteric Agenda

touches on those subjects(irs, religion, and how the usa is a corp.)

i believe this is the link
The Esoteric Agenda

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

There was no "King of England" anyway at that time. This title is a common erroneous Americanization thrown around.

If writing truthful information, then it all needs to be accurate or can easy throws things into doubt.

The Acts of Union happened in 1707, joining Kingdom of Scotland and Kingdom of England into Kingdom of Great Britain.

Thus, there was no King of England title any longer from this point forth.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Everyone should check sizzle's threat that was made months ago

link

It has more of these stuff.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dewm0nster
['Soldiers have a job to do. It isn't pretty, or fun- It isn't safe, or easy. But they do it to make a living, to provide for their families, and keep their nations safe'.]

Sure, its a job- many of these soldiers don't have any real skills when they first enter the armed forces, many of them are war-hungry or from poor areas and they need a job quickly- Hello, military.

The military knows this. They also know that the worse the economic situation, either real or imagined- results in higher recruitments of desperate people looking for a 'job' to support their families or to boost their education, which they couldn't afford to get in the first place (surprise, surprise).

This whole thing is a game by the power elite to keep their human capital working for them.

And to another poster- Yes, they can and will take your children away from you. It is the state of the world today because people are not in power on paper. Those who control the military, mercenaries and the police are.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
home.hiwaay.net...

the above is a website that disputes these '30 facts'.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by b1010011010
The video got removed before I got a chance to see it
. Video for me pls?

here is another vid.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Number 30 "We are human capital"

This is true everyone everwhere is human capital because they posses knowledge and ideas. Had you of posted the entire sentence as opposed to just a couple of words it would lend less credibility to your argument.

The appropriate definition of capital for Federal budgeting, including: use of capital for the Federal Government itself or the economy at large; ownership by the Federal Government or some other entity; defense and nondefense capital; physical capital and intangible or human capital"

The intangiable capital is that of ideas and a populations knowledge and it is not to be taken literally that "we" are slaves or owned by any one entity. But in a way some people are slaves, they are slaves to their jobs of slaves to their spouses or slaves to drugs, but not slaves int eh sense that you are speaking of. Anything taken out of context can be turned around to support a theory, the MMS does it all the time.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Queen Elizabeth, doesnt even control Britian, how is she going to Own the U.S.????

And also some of those "facts happened hundreds and even thousands of years ago.....are they even valid? i dont think so...

What a waste of my time!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

youtube isnt blocked go to myzonefree.com to unlock it (a little trick u learn at school to unblock myspace lol)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The person that wrote this piece of drivwl obviously flunked oput of the 1st grade.

They are so wrong, so silly in their beliefs that it would be laughable were it not so sad. This is the arguement of the militia types, that the US doesn't exist.

All of these things are only considered to be true by those that are so far lost in their own worlds, that they no longer have any contact with reality.

But keep on keeping on. As long as you all believe this crap, you are so far gone that you are not a danger to anyone.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldMedic
The person that wrote this piece of drivwl obviously flunked oput of the 1st grade.

They are so wrong, so silly in their beliefs that it would be laughable were it not so sad. This is the arguement of the militia types, that the US doesn't exist.

All of these things are only considered to be true by those that are so far lost in their own worlds, that they no longer have any contact with reality.

But keep on keeping on. As long as you all believe this crap, you are so far gone that you are not a danger to anyone.

Evidence or link please. At least debunk this so everyone can see this is false instead of giving an opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join